Hyborian Mushroom Kingdom

Have a setting you like or a home brew you want to share? Do it here.
Ares
Site Admin

Hyborian Mushroom Kingdom

Post by Ares »

"Know, oh Game Master, that between the years when the deserts drank E.T. of the Atari, and the years of the rise of the Sons of the Patriots, there was an Age Undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the Road of Stars.

The thrice-blessed realm of Hyrule, home to a Hero of Time who will defend the last remnants of the gods from all that would misuse it.

The haunted hills of Castlevania, where danger lurks within every shadow, and the Lord of Darkness rises again and again to threaten the world.

The Kingdom of Coneria, where heroes battle fiends to decide the final fate of the world, and where magic is no mere fantasy.

The Kingdom of Hus, where knights known for their chivalry, armor and boxer shorts defend the realms from invading demons.

The city of 20XX, where the advanced robots produced by the human colonists are both hero and villain.

The realm of Skyworld, where angels serve the goddess Palutena in the service of the Light.

The islands of the Kongs and the Yoshis, where men fear to tread and beasts rule the jungles.

But the largest of these realms where the Mushroom Kingdoms, made up of many kingdoms that were almost a world unto themselves. And onto this, Mario, destined to wear his Crimson Cap upon a troubled brow.

It is I, the Strategy Guide, who alone who can tell thee of these tales. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

So . . . what IS the Hyborian Mushroom Kingdom? Well, as the link shows, it was an idea introduced to me over on RPG.net and something I brought up over in Jab's character build thread here.

The idea is fairly simple: What if the best worlds of the Nintendo, Super Nintendo and maybe even the Sega Genesis didn't have the kind of cutesy/cartoony look most of them had? What if they were all played entirely straight? What if they were treated like the kind of worlds Edgar Rice Burroughs and Robert E. Howard would have written, combining the best of Conan the Barbarian, John Carter of Mars, Tarzan and Pellucidar, along with a dash of other works like Flash Gordon, Little Nemo and so on.

In the Mushroom Land, for instance, the Pipes would be this kind of lost mystic technology that allows for travel between realms, even worlds. Unfortunately, few people know how to maintain them, and the Pipes have been infested with a strain of carnivorous vegetation known as the Parana Plant. It's a single, massive organism that has spread little man-eating plants throughout the Pipes, making any venture into them risky.

Likewise, Shyguys would be these hooded, robed cultists with a mysterious agenda, using terrifying Phanto Masks to guard their prized possessions.

The Hammer Bros. and groups like them are now a Brotherhood of Warrior Monks who dedicate themselves to specific weapons and abilities, having the Order of the Hammer, of the Boomerang, of Fire, Ice, and of the Sumo and Ninja styles. The Masters of the arts have the chance to master the Amazing Flying platforms. This could possibly be a Koopa-founded Order, but Mario becoming a human who has mastered their training and given the right to wear the Order of the Hammer Armor (aka the Hammer Brother Suit).

The other realms allow for a larger world and a nice mix of pulpy goodness. Other series not listed could easily be included, such as Kirby being a hero of the Dream Realms while Samus could allow for Flash Gordon style adventuring off world. The 20XX setting is based on Mega-Man, and could have either a Raygun Gothic style to it, or maybe even a steampunk look.

Again, the only real requirement is to play everything straight and think "Pulp Fun" rather than "Kids Cartoon". So riding a Yoshi goes from riding a cute dinosaur to riding a sentient Velociraptor with a frog tongue that can also talk to you. The Hammer Brothers look more like the Michael Bay Ninja Turtles, big, buff and scary, while also wearing armor and dual-wielding magic warhammers that resemble Mjolnir.

Anyway, lets see where this thought experiment goes.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Hyborian Mushroom Kingdom

Post by Ares »

Origin Stories - Origin stories for this Hyborian world.
The Pipes (by Ares)

Lands of Adventure - Setting info on the different cities, kingdoms and countries that make up the world.

People of Prominence - Important people and heroes of the setting as seen through a Hyborian lens.
Mario and Friends (by slade the sniper) Merged Modern Marvel/DC Universe-style take.
Sonic the Hedgehog and Friends (by slade the sniper)
Kirby (by slade the sniper) Merged Modern Marvel/DC Universe-style take.

Paths to Power - Various ways to become a hero in the setting, either via magic, special training, artifacts, etc.

Monsters and Menaces - Hyborian takes on the villains and monsters of the setting.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
slade the sniper

Post by slade the sniper »

So, are we supposed to give snippets of ideas or full on setting studies? I make small 3-5 paragraph pitches for all sorts of things (Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, Land of the Lost, etc.) and a lot of head-canon bits n pieces (the PPG grow up to be the nemesis of Margo, Esther, and Edith from Despicable Me due to their vigilante tactics) if you want those.

Do you want us to link our posts together?

-STS
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

slade the sniper wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:33 am So, are we supposed to give snippets of ideas or full on setting studies? I make small 3-5 paragraph pitches for all sorts of things (Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario, Land of the Lost, etc.) and a lot of head-canon bits n pieces (the PPG grow up to be the nemesis of Margo, Esther, and Edith from Despicable Me due to their vigilante tactics) if you want those.

Do you want us to link our posts together?

-STS
I view this as being something of a "loose collaboration", where outside of sticking to the initial premise, no one has to view anyone else's contributions as "canon" if they don't wish. We could have 5 different ideas for the origins of Bowser, 3 different proposals for what the Shy Guys are up to, 14 different reasons for why the proliferation of Princesses, etc. You can choose to link or build off of other people's posts, but the only requirement is that you stick close to the guidelines of the opening post. Beyond that, everyone should feel free to contribute whatever they want and feel free to only build off of what others have done if they feel it fits.

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

The Pipes
Type: Possible Setting Origin

No one knows when they were first created. So many ages of the world have come and gone since that fateful mistake. And like all great mistakes, it was born out of the best of intentions.

In the Old World, Those That Came Before had a simple desire: they wished an easy method of transporting from place to place. Their greatest creators blended magic and technology together, making wonder after wonder, each more fantastic than the last. Until finally, one of them discovered the secrets of the Warp Zone, of using a special green material to create fixed portals between any point in space. This being, known as the Great Connector, allowed their people to travel to any point within their world with a few steps. And with this ease of transportation came the sharing of ideas, exploration, discovery. The Age of Wonder became more wondrous still, and the Great Connector was hailed as hero and shepherd.

And yet, the Great Connector was unsatisfied. Their people could travel anywhere on their world, but why stop there? In their mapping of the Warp Zone, the Great Connector had learned of other worlds, other people and places that they could share their knowledge and prosperity with. Each of these worlds could become part of a massive network of worlds, all sharing their ideas, their joys, all building a better existence together with the Old World as it's center. It would be paradise.

So the Great Connector began their work, toiling for years without end, the rest of The Old World having no idea what lay before them. Finally, after decades of frustration and dedication, the Great Connector unlocked the secrets of the Ultimate Warp Zone, and thus could enact The Great Plan.

However ostentatious the name, the plan itself was fairly straightforward. Each planet with sentient life was watched over by a guiding Cosmic Star. The Great Connector had learned to detect the presence of a Cosmic Star, and knowning where they were could allow one to map out where other inhabited planets lay, whether in this universe or beyond. After knowing where they were, the Great Connector would send a single Mega-Pipe into the Ultimate Warp Zone, where it would break apart into many smaller Pipes that would emerge on those other worlds. After these foundations were lain, Those That Came Before could spread their wisdom and society to all the inhabited peoples of the multiverse, creating an existence of pure harmony.

So it was with the final pull of a switch and with the noblest of goals that the Great Connector doomed their world. The Mega-Pipe thrust into the Ultimate Warp Zone, and it indeed sent Pipes to each inhabited world as guided by the Star Road. But the Mega-Pipe did not break down into smaller Pipes. Each new branch sprouted a new Mega-Pipe, and somehow, the power of the Ultimate Warp Zone made those giant Pipes grow larger still. These were not the simple Pipes the size of a person, or even the Mega-Pipes that were as big as a house. These were Titan Pipes, massive towers of emerald the size of mountains that burst forth from the ground and stretched into the skies of countless worlds.

The Great Connector was confused. This should not be happening. Even the power of the Ultimate Warp Zone could not account for this. And then, from within the depths of the Ultimate Warp Zone . . . something spoke.

"Beware . . . I LIVE."

The voice was cold. Completely lacking emotion, yet somehow dripping with menace.

The Great Connector was stunned. Reviewing their process, they saw that the process that detected and mapped out the Cosmic Stars had sent a Mega-Pipe to something that was like a Cosmic Star, but was . . . different. Older. Darker. Malevolent.

Still stunned, the Great Connector managed to ask who the voice was.

"I am . . . SINISTAR."

The Great Connector, with a heart filling with dread, asked what the being wanted.

"I . . . HUNGER."

And with that, this entity reached through the Titan Pipes to all of the worlds in existence, and began to pull them through those pipes. Villages. Cities. Kingdoms. Entire continents. Oceans. All were drawn into the Titan Pipes. It was only through the power of the Ultimate Warp Zone and the Cosmic Stars that the chunks of world so violently ripped away remained in one piece, with their people alive for the moment.

But Sinistar would not be denied, and it was all the Cosmic Stars could do to hold their worlds together. All of them, save one. The Cosmic Star of the Old World did what no other Cosmic Star had done before or since. It ripped itself from the heavens and plunged into to Ultimate Warp Zone and did battle with Sinistar itself. It was a hopeless battle, for Sinistar was a force of malevolence beyond even the might of a Cosmic Star, perhaps even all Cosmic Stars. But this Cosmic Star was the only one free to act, and it knew what it must do. Even as Sinistar tore the Cosmic Star to shreds, it used its power to shatter Sinistar's connection to the Ultimate Warp Zone. Sinistar was denied the chance to devour all of existence, even as it's roar of rage and frustration echoed throughout the cosmos.

The feedback of severing Sinistar's connection shattered the Titan Pipes and their connection to the Old World. However, this did not return the displaced lands to their original realms. No longer connected to the being that would have consumed them, these displaced kingdoms, continents and oceans appeared in the skies above The Old World. And as Those That Came Before stared up in horror, those worlds came tumbling down around them.

How many trillions of tons of matter came down from the sky? How many lives were snuffed out in this cataclysm as the Old World was literally crushed under the weight of the new? Only the Stars know for certain. For it was the Cosmic Stars that witnessed the sacrifice of their sibling, yet were helpless to save The Old World. A Cosmic Star's power burns brightest in the defense of the world it protected, and it was all they could do to save their displaced people.

The chunks of stolen world were kept intact, their people protected, even as The Old World was literally buried beneath their weight. With great effort, those pieces were shaped together as gently as possible, forming a patchwork planet of a multitude of different lands.

The Old World was buried beneath the new, though not all of it was destroyed. Buildings, kingdoms, sometimes entire continents survived in one shape or another, and this deep subterranean ecosystem became known as the Lost Levels. These became home to new and strange creatures, for while some remnants of The Old World remained, its people did not.

No one knows what became of Those That Came Before. Some say they all died in the massive cataclysm. Some say that they used their power to save themselves, and remain sleeping in hidden vaults. Some say that they became twisted by the horrors of what happened to them, becoming monsters or worse. And one only, rarely heard legend says that the Cosmic Stars took pity on these ancient beings, and transformed them into a form of life that would survive the cataclysm. Their bodies became small and squat, more plant than animal, able to survive the dark and pressure of the collapsing world. Eventually, these people would emerge on the surface, sprouting like mushrooms to return to a world they could not recognize, and could not remember from the trauma of their transformation. Perhaps remembering part of the hubris that had nearly destroyed them, these Toadstool People would dedicate themselves to a humble, peaceful life.

And what of the Great Connector? Their legend is mostly lost to time. The sages that have uncovered this story generally agree that the Connector died during the cataclysm, crushed by their own hubris or devoured by Sinistar. Yet there are whispers that the Connector may yet live, and seeks constant atonement for the damage that was done. Because though the Titan Pipes were destroyed, the connections to those other worlds still exist. And whenever a great peril threatens this new world and no heroes step forward to face it, a green Pipe will appear on another world. And on that world, a hero will invariable find that Pipe and travel through it, and that hero will somehow be just the right person who can save the day.

As for the Cosmic Stars, the loss of their sibling and of parts of their worlds left them diminished, yet they could not leave this new world untended. It was decided they would protect this world together. Uniting their power, the Stars became a massive cosmic constellation known as the Star Road, which would act to protect the New World form harm.

And somewhere, in cold realm of hate, Sinistar still hungers.

slade the sniper

That sounds so much like an alternate/mythic tale of the Eldar Webway as told from the pov of the Eldar Exodites (from WH40K). As a matter of fact...I am going to take that idea :)

edit: Argh...well, darn. Looking through my notes I pretty much only have Mario (which I will repost below so I look kewl) and a snippet for Doctor Robotnik.

I suppose I will need to find some other stuff to make up...and work on my in universe descriptions :(

-STS

Sonic the Hedgehog and Friends
A three foot tall super speed hedgehog fighting an evil scientist. What? Dr. Ivo Robotnik was working with his Grandfather Dr. Gerald Robotnik on cybernetics and biotechnology. This research was given impetus due to the terminal disease of Maria Robotnik, Ivo’s cousin. They worked together in a pseudo collective of scientific progress. Until outside parties were concerned with the progress that these three were making. Therefore they were shut down…by a military strike that killed Gerald and Maria and Ivo only barely escaped. Most of their experiments also escaped including Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles and others. Ivo is pretty much insane and wants to destroy the majority of humans and replace them with cyborgs.

Mario and Gang
Mario, CPT, loves being Airborne (red beret). His brother Luigi is Special Forces (green beret).
Sarasaland is a country in Africa, with very few human inhabitants, the majority are saprolings, and the inhabitants know their peaceful land as the Mushroom Kingdom. It was “founded” by the self styled “king and queen.” They were Afrikaners that were quite involved in the anti-ANC operations during the 1960’s. Due to their past support, the US grants them some support when they ask for help…Mario is sent to assist them in their clearly delusional problems.
Mario and his brother Luigi are “plumbers” (aka presidential troubleshooters, a holdover from the Nixon administration), but they are also somewhat aligned with various mafia families. Of course they are soon romantically involved with Princess Peach and her younger sister Princess Daisy. Princess Peach is actually in love with the Dragon Turtle King of their neighboring kingdom of Koopa. The Humans and the Saprolings have a rather peaceful Mushroom Kingdom that the humans are in charge of and the humans and saprolings do not want to become part of the Koopa Kingdom of turtles and dragon turtles. Unfortunately, Peach is…less than thrilled by this and takes every opportunity to abandon her kingdom and spend time with her lover, Bowser who can polymorph himself (she does have several half dragon children with him after all).
Unfortunately, Daisy and Luigi have two children and Mario and Peach have two children as well.
Pauline is Mario’s ex-wife (who was captured by Donkey Kong) and she causes a lot of issues. Donkey Kong is a super smart gorilla similar to Gorilla Grodd and others.
Mario and his brother are not really all that “into” saving this place, but they have a lot of outstanding debt to the mafia families. When the Yakuza started muscling into their market (via the Dragon King Bowser), Wario and Waluigi (both of which are poorly translated Nung names), they had to get serious.
Where is the Mushroom Kingdom? In Africa, next to Wakanda, Gorilla City and Democratic Republic of Congo. Very important real estate for an intelligence agency.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

slade the sniper wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 pm That sounds so much like an alternate/mythic tale of the Eldar Webway as told from the pov of the Eldar Exodites (from WH40K). As a matter of fact...I am going to take that idea :)
I will take that as an endorsement. :D

slade the sniper

Ares wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:21 am
slade the sniper wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:25 pm That sounds so much like an alternate/mythic tale of the Eldar Webway as told from the pov of the Eldar Exodites (from WH40K). As a matter of fact...I am going to take that idea :)
I will take that as an endorsement. :D
You have an endorsement +2 :)

Kirr-Bees!
“Formless protoplasm able to mock and reflect all forms and organs and processes - viscous agglutinations of bubbling cells - rubbery fifteen-foot spheroids infinitely plastic and ductile - slaves of suggestion, builders of cities - more and more sullen, more and more intelligent, more and more amphibious, more and more imitative! Great God! What madness made even those blasphemous Old Ones willing to use and carve such things?”
~ HPL , "At the Mountains of Madness"
Earth was not the only world to host the Elder Things in the primordial past, but every on every world, when the rebellion of the Shoggoths occurred, the Elder Things were driven away. The Shoggoths of Earth remained locked in their constant formlessness, but on other worlds, the Shoggoths learned to control their bodies with far more precision.
On one world, Pa-Up Ssstahr, the Shoggoths became the dominant species and stretched their oily tentacles to the stars…to search for their long absent but still hated Elder Things. The Pa-Up Sssstahr Shoggoths became known as the “Kirr-Bees! Kirr-Bees!” after their repetitive cry, similar to the Earth Shoggoths cry of “Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!”
After millennia of exploration and evolution, the asexual Kirr-Bees became adept at absorbing and copying abilities and powers of beings that they enveloped, and regurgitated, instead of just eating them. A Kirr-Bees! Will envelop an opponent (or an ally), copy the biological, mechanical and magical abilities of the being and can either begin the rapid process of breaking down the enveloped being with strong acids as food, or can powerfully vomit their opponents up to 25 feet away.
Kirr-Bees! can float, swim, survive in a vacuum, change shape, wreathe themselves in fire and devour enemies of their own mass or smaller instantly. While the Kirr-Bees! are sentient, very few beings willingly interact with them, as their pseudopod based method of locomotion and rotund, unnaturally colored bodies are disconcerting and gaudy…and their huge, blank unblinking eyes show no emotion regardless of whether they are sleeping, devouring an enemy or attempting to bargain with a temporary ally.
While there have been instances of Kirr-Bees! assisting other races in times of need, their reasons for doing so are surrounded by mystery as no being has been able to communicate with them verbally, psionically or magically.
It is possible that the symbiotic creature(s) known as Venom/Klyntar is related to the Kirr-Bees! as many of their biological traits are similar. The Klyntar organism appears to be have been ostracized at some point due its’ possible mutations such as much smaller mass, more liquid appearance and ability to communicate psionically/emotionally with its’ host. It has been theorized by Kree scientists that the Klyntar may have been the result of Mi-Go (the Fungi from Yuggoth) experimentation upon Shoggoths. The Mi-Go have a long history of experimenting with other life forms to make into slaves such as the Nezzadi (created from combining Drow and Zentraedi DNA).

-STS
slade the sniper

deleted
Last edited by slade the sniper on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
slade the sniper

deleted
Last edited by slade the sniper on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
slade the sniper

deleted
slade the sniper

Q: Why does Link always start out with no gear and low stats every game?

A: Because he is an alcoholic gambling addict with Major Depressive Disorder and PTSD. After the elation of his victory wears off, the cheering crowds disperse and the emptiness of his life begins to set in...the nightmares return. Born during a civil war, raised as an outsider and cursed with nightmares even as a child, Link's life has been difficult. He meets every challenge with strength, resilience and a burning sense of justice, but where there is no war to fight, his life is...lesser than.
He drinks to sleep and he gambles to feel the rush of success, even if it is temporary and imaginary. Losing and gaining gold will never equal the thrill of battle, and Link knows well the rush of victory, having defeated the Dark Lord, the Demon King, Emperor of the Dark Realm, the Great King of Evil and Darkness, the Calamity that is Mandrag Ganon, King of the Enchanted Thieves! He has fought and bested, defeated him, four...no! Five times!
And yet, here Link sits in his empty hovel smelling of booze and reeking of vomit...bloodshot eyes and throbbing head, waiting, hoping, praying!
Hero Chosen by the Gods! Bah, more like abandoned by the gods...or at least abandoned by the god of wine as all of the bottles are empty.
Staggering to his feet, Link stumbles to the door and opens it...the mid-day sun blazing pain into his squinting eyes as tears well up in his eyes remembering that Epona is gone...lost last week on a stupid wager that he could hit four bottles with one toss of his boomerang. And he could have, two hours ago, before he had drowned himself on Tabantha Wheat Beer bought with his last rupees.
Of course, Malon would have his back...
Link stepped unsteadily back inside and lay on his bed weeping silently knowing that his night held only nightmares if he couldn't scrounge up something to sell...his tab was too high, and people can say they love the Hero of Hyrule, but that title lost its' buying power years ago.
I need my quest, I need my war. Please, please...please...please... he cried.
-STS
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I appreciate the enthusiasm in responding to the thread, slade, and I don't want to sound like an ass, but I think everything between the Kirby and Link posts are straying a bit far from the intention of the thread. I'm generally the first in line of a massive Merged Universe-style thread, and I've started several of my own. This setting is a bit more tightly focused, namely giving classic NES and SNES characters (and perhaps some Genesis ones) a Pulp aesthetic rather than a cartoon one. Bringing in Marvel, DC, the Powerpuff Girls, Robotech and the like is outside of what this was designed for. I wouldn't mind seeing stuff like this in a setting thread of your own, but I don't think it really works with this set up.

slade the sniper

Ares wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:17 am I appreciate the enthusiasm in responding to the thread, slade, and I don't want to sound like an ass, but I think everything between the Kirby and Link posts are straying a bit far from the intention of the thread. I'm generally the first in line of a massive Merged Universe-style thread, and I've started several of my own. This setting is a bit more tightly focused, namely giving classic NES and SNES characters (and perhaps some Genesis ones) a Pulp aesthetic rather than a cartoon one. Bringing in Marvel, DC, the Powerpuff Girls, Robotech and the like is outside of what this was designed for. I wouldn't mind seeing stuff like this in a setting thread of your own, but I don't think it really works with this set up.
No problem. I'll delete those :) If anything doesn't fit, feel free to delete. This is your thread on your forums. I'm just happy to post something (finally).

Does this work?

Pac Man
Run, eat, hide, eat, hide, run, eat, run, eat, eat, eat!
On the fifteenth night of 7th month of the Chinese calendar the gates of hell are ripped open due to the confluence of the full moon signifying a new season, beginning the fall harvest, marking the peak of Buddhist monastic asceticism to protect themselves and their communities and the rebirth of ancestors due to the spiritual and material realms being connected.
During this spiritual event the hungry ghosts that are able to return to the Earth roam relentlessly to seek sustenance in lieu of the tribute that their families did not pay during the year. There are other hungry ghosts in hell as well, such as those whose entire families were killed and there is no one to give tribute to them. Other hungry ghosts are those whose crimes in life leave them always hungering for more such as killing, stealing and sexual misconduct fed by desire, greed, or anger.
No matter the cause, the hungry ghosts are terrifying to those who can see into the shadow realms. Enormous glowing mouths full of teeth rush quickly from room to room, through hallways, alleys and streets constantly seeking to sate their eternal gnawing hunger. As they consume life force and sacrifices they can keep the hunger assuaged to a dull ache, their gnashing teeth making a constant cacophony of chewing as they hunt and devour any living or sacrificial object they can find hoping to keep their eternal hunger at bay.
The guardians of these escaped hungry ghosts hunt them in order to return them to hell, the avatars of The Jade Emperor, Guan Yu, Tu Di Gong, Mazu and Xi Wangmu. To see the event through spiritual eyes is to see ghostly ripping teeth taking bites out of every soul, every sacrifice, every living thing they pass as they are pursued relentlessly though towns, cities and buildings by the multicolored avatars in ghostly armor of red, blue, orange, purple, pink or white.
Sometimes, disasters occur, when a hungry ghost will come upon a soul that is weakened or spiritually ambushed and the ripping bite of the ghost is enough to completely swallow the soul. When this occurs, a mighty flash of lightning is unleashed as the soul of the unfortunate being is absorbed by the hungry ghost and they gain immense power, enough power to attack and destroy the hunters pursuing them. Mighty ghostly avatars are ripped limb from limb as the powerful jaws crush their harassers skulls with such force that their eyes literally pop out of the rapidly decaying astral bodies.
And so the hunt continues with new avatars hunting the escaped hungry ghosts for hours, days, months and in the case of some thrice damned names only whispered frightfully, years; until they are all recaptured and placed once again in their hellish chains until the next spiritual cataclysm and billions of hungry ghosts descend once again upon the Earth.

-STS
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

I haven't played any of these games in many years, but what the two of you are coming up with his enthralling and utterly entertaining! Very impressed with the material so far-kudos to Ares and Slade!