Marvel bows to poltical correctness and censors celebrated writer.

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Marvel bows to poltical correctness and censors celebrated writer.

Post by RainOnTheSun »

So Marvel does hate money, and the people deciding what books to publish don't know anything about business. Good to know!
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Also apparently the justification for placing kids in cages with nonexistent hygiene, separating them from their parents, and outright losing them in the system to the point that reunion is rendered difficult is 'some of them may be victims of sex trafficking'.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pm Also apparently the justification for placing kids in cages
Rescuing children from wandering the desert
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pmwith nonexistent hygiene,
We're trying to provide them with hygiene products and showers and privacy and everything else, but the Democrats, whose water you are currently carrying, won't approve funding.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pmseparating them from their parents,
If you were a parent, and you went out and committed criminal trespass, you would be arrested and booked. You would remain in detention for the duration of booking, until your release conditions pending trial can be determined. Your child would not be jailed with you. I wish that was still the policy on the border, but Trump amended that policy. You are literally calling Trump a Nazi for a policy that Obama started and Trump ended.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pmand outright losing them in the system to the point that reunion is rendered difficult
The system is overtaxed, yes. We really aren't equipped to handle this number of immigrants. It has surged incredibly in the last few years, as the Democrats encourage people to make the incredibly dangerous journey. We really should upgrade the system to better provide for the innocent victims, but Democrats are blocking it because they want to campaign on the horrible conditions, and if the conditions are fixed, it pulls the rug out from under them.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:33 pmis 'some of them may be victims of sex trafficking'.
MANY of them ARE trafficked, and here you are not caring about them. So brave. So virtuous.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:12 pm We're trying to provide them with hygiene products and showers and privacy and everything else, but the Democrats, whose water you are currently carrying, won't approve funding.
Let me make one thing very clear;

I do not give a fuck about the Democrats.

No. Really. I don't. They're lame ducks who've continuously failed to mount a coherent opposition to the encroachment of far-right ideology, fail to protect their own minority members when a tiny-fingered racist tweets that they should 'go back where they came from', and are completely unwilling to address the undue influence that large capitalist entities have on society.

Trump is in power, based on a campaign on the demonisation of immigrants, has not only enforced family separation at the border but his administration continued it illegally after it was blocked by a court order, and they have petitioned to be able to resume it. He could bypass the congress and senate to provide relief for migrant families, but he has not and members of his administration have made statements that they do not have to, with Mike Pence himself describing the conditions as humane.

It doesn't matter what the Democrats are doing, because you cannot bypass the misdeeds of your fucking group by pointing to another fucking group — a group which I don't even fucking support and have frequently spoken out against, no less — and saying that they also do bad things. You don't get away with murder because someone else down the street killed someone.

All it means is you can both fucking hang.
MANY of them ARE trafficked, and here you are not caring about them. So brave. So virtuous.
So yeah, let's put 'em in cages, deny them proper shelter and hygiene and food and places to sleep to the point that several of them die.

You're really convincing me you care about the victims of sex trafficking there.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Also, the Republicans and Democrats passed the bipartisan funding bill for the fucking camps.

Your criticism there doesn't even make any fucking sense because it's factually wrong.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ey mate, I think you're both going too far here, but telling someone to "Go fucking hang" is definitely over the line.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:21 pm Ey mate, I think you're both going too far here, but telling someone to "Go fucking hang" is definitely over the line.
I didn't actually tell him to go fucking hang.

I was using an analogy.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pm Let me make one thing very clear;

I do not give a fuck about the Democrats.

No. Really. I don't.
I'm not saying that you like them. I'm simply observing that you are "carrying their water." As in, you are doing their chores for them. Repeating their ridiculous talking points.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmThey're lame ducks who've continuously failed to mount a coherent opposition to the encroachment of far-right ideology,
Asserted, never demonstrated. There are so few people on the actual far-right in America that it's still statistically zero. The problem is that the people talking about it are so far left that they condemn OBAMA as far right.

There are two types of people called "far right" in America today.
1. People who believe exactly the same things that the far left believes, only they chose the side that doesn't result in themselves being a permanent underclass.
2. Moderates that want reasonable, rational discussion with no violence.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmfail to protect their own minority members when a tiny-fingered racist tweets that they should 'go back where they came from',
I don't have time to go into all the ways that this is just factually wrong.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pm and are completely unwilling to address the undue influence that large capitalist entities have on society.
"Large capitalist entities" like what? You mean corporations? Do you even know how to read? The "damage" you're talking about is directly to the capitalist system, and it's being done via government regulation. Of course the Democrats are "unwilling to address" it - advancing it is their entire economic agenda! Kneecapping capitalism until it breaks.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmTrump is in power, based on a campaign on the demonisation of immigrants,
Find me an area of the world in which this "demonisation" wasn't common knowledge twenty years ago. You can't. Why? Because economics and understanding of basic incentives reveals that uncontrolled mass migration destabilizes both the destination country and the origin country.

Mind you, the word "immigrant" is inappropriate here. I know I used it myself, because it's more convenient, but it's just wrong. An illegal immigrant is not an immigrant. It's like calling a rapist an "undocumented lover." I don't see that catching on outside the EU.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmhas not only enforced family separation at the border but his administration continued it illegally after it was blocked by a court order, and they have petitioned to be able to resume it.
Good. The "separation of families" nonsense is BS rhetoric. When children are being kidnapped, trafficked, molested, and otherwise abused on a MASSIVE scale, there's really no other way to check them out than separate them from the adults who, AT MINIMUM, put their lives in terrible danger by making a terrible journey with them in tow. If an illegal immigrant tries to cross the desert with a child, at the very minimum, they're guilty of criminal child endangerment. But no, let's just leave the kids in the comforting arms of kiddie-diddlers. You monster.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmHe could bypass the congress and senate to provide relief for migrant families, but he has not and members of his administration have made statements that they do not have to, with Mike Pence himself describing the conditions as humane.
Honestly, it could be better, but I've lived in worse. The supplies are spotty, but they're arriving. What do you expect Trump to do? Wiggle his nose and poof, everyone's living in a four star hotel? There are literally over a hundred thousand people a month that have to be cared for, and that shit doesn't magic itself into existence and proper distribution the moment someone makes a decision to provide it. Not that I expect an AnCom to understand that.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmIt doesn't matter what the Democrats are doing, because you cannot bypass the misdeeds of your fucking group by pointing to another fucking group — a group which I don't even fucking support and have frequently spoken out against, no less — and saying that they also do bad things. You don't get away with murder because someone else down the street killed someone.

All it means is you can both fucking hang.
Except that the conditions at the border are complicated, but also the best we know how to make them. I don't see you proposing any actual alternatives, just blame. I'm not BLAMING the Democrats for those conditions. I'm observing the hypocrisy of the Democrats in claiming that policies THEY made suddenly define Trump as a Nazi. And also the hypocrisy of Europeans swallowing and regurgitating their rhetoric while claiming not to be on their side. For instance...
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmSo yeah, let's put 'em in cages, deny them proper shelter and hygiene and food and places to sleep to the point that several of them die.

You're really convincing me you care about the victims of sex trafficking there.
The boarding schools and shelters where we put them are so overcrowded by the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE that yeah, unfortunately, we have to bed some of them slumber party style. They're not caged up. Their sleeping bags may be placed between metal partitions of the processing area, but they're not encaged. It's like having to bunk on the floor of the DMV where the line forms. We're providing all the food and hygiene products that funding and logistics can support, but resources are not infinite. (Shocking to an AnCom, I know, but it's true.) But let's focus, here.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:38 pmto the point that several of them die.
This is what I'm talking about when I tell you that you're simply repeating Democrat talking points. Yes, there have been cases where children have died in ICE custody, but only on a technicality. The deaths were caused by malnourishment, dehydration, and other abuse they suffered on the journey, and they fell over basically as soon as they arrived. If they hadn't made it into law enforcement hands, they would have still died at around the same time. Omission of this fact is either ignorance or dishonesty. I can honestly believe you don't know better, because you only consume agenda-driven news for NPC programming, but FFS, use your head.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Literally referring to me as an NPC? What, was cuck too old fashioned?

The amount of wilful ignorance you're demonstrating here is staggering.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 pm Literally referring to me as an NPC? What, was cuck too old fashioned?
Not calling you one. I was describing the news sources you consume. And I wouldn't call you a cuck in this matter. You're not American. It's not yourself you're trying to screw over. I'm discriminating in my choice of insult.
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:43 pmThe amount of wilful ignorance you're demonstrating here is staggering.
You're the one ignoring reality to call my president a Nazi, and then you call ME wilfully ignorant. Have you, by chance, been diagnosed with BPD, or is this level of projection something you had to practice?
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

At the risk of taking a conversation on the internet seriously, the correct choice of insult in this place is no insult at all. There's a rule about it and everything.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

BriarThrone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 pm You're the one ignoring reality to call my president a Nazi,
Well if the jackboot fits...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

For what it's worth, I wouldn't say Donald Trump is a Nazi myself, as even that suggests a dedication to an ethos I don't think Trump is capable of. I'd say he's very popular with Nazis, and knows it, and deliberately panders to them when it gets him attention, which is all he really cares about.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

How did we get to this level of contention over Marvel's choice of story telling. We all have different views on how the world is shaping up and how to deal with our political differences. We would be better off talking to each other vs AT each other. Sorry if this upsets anyone on here. Hope everyone has a great day.
BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm
BriarThrone wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:04 pm You're the one ignoring reality to call my president a Nazi,
Well if the jackboot fits...
I have demonstrated that the specific policies you chose to discuss did not originate with Trump, or even Trump's political party. If Trump is a Nazi for the reasons you chose to discuss, the United States has been governed exclusively by Nazis for the past seventy years at least. Most of the world, in fact, for most of its history. It may just be worth considering that you're the one being unreasonable.