The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The sculpture seems to be frozen at the moment. Mrs. Finch looks at it with clear disgust. " Seriously? Nope." She begins to rummage around before suddenly, Manifold appears next to her, holding an energy bar. " Seems I only pack food in one of a billion parallels..."

Fischer looks at Cliff, then at the rest of you. " Please...just make sure they are okay. I just wanted them to have a good life in this new world..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"That goes without question." the woman told Fischer kindly. You get the distinct impression she's not pleased with the situation, but she doesn't hold the kids accountable at all. "We'll make sure they get all the help and training they need."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Gushing Blood (Staggered, -1 Toughness)
HP: 0

Koral responds to Control with an "Acknlowledged. I think we've got it covered."

He suppressed the very UnJedi thought/ hope that it would be Psylocke...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Damnit...kinda hitting a roadblock here. I had planned for a big end fight, but the problem is, that I am currently a bit bummed out on fights in this format - the Young Hero Initiative fight reminds me how tedious they can get in pbp format...:(
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Sometimes you just gotta roll and role with it. Considering that they're cops, an ending without a big fight isn't a bad thing. That means they successfully contained everything with zero casualties and zero people getting hurt. That's pretty good for something like this.

Mebbe do a wrap up and epilogue?

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Things seem to calm down, fortunately, with Mrs. Finch munching on the energy bar and the others waiting. After some time, you all hear something from the elevator before the door opens and five people are standing there, three of which are in heavy tac-gear. The other two are Agent May from the DXDO (formerly SHIELD) and a guy who looks like a somewhat bedraggled Ewan McGregor.
" Uhm...hi", the man says while the troopers fan out, two aiming their guns - outfitted with one-time-plasma blasters, just to make sure - at the ice sculpture, the third taking Mr. Fischer into custody.
" Danny Torrance...you need someone with...the Shi...telepathy?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long will direct the newcomer to Morgan. "He can fill you in on what happened in the mind-space and what the enhanced young man, Cliff Fischer, needs."

Long turns to the elder Fischer and the doctors, "I'm still trying to puzzle out what the Spice trade has to do with all of this. Tat's what initially drew our involvement. Was Spice a part of the enhancement process and you just needed so much of it?" he asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Kriegstein nods. " Spice is an incredible neural enhancer. But what we could not get our hands on were the Tleilaxu blueprints for making Spice organically. That we had to come up with on our own. Matreiya now has glands that produce Spice to enhance his cognitive abilities."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AISLYNN

"You did WHAT?!!!!" the air bender shouted. "You..... Moron. Do you know how much danger you put this kid in?" she said as the air around her whipped up in her obvious agitation. "Damnit. Nobody speaks of this outside this group. We do not need every junkie, psychic whatever and Dune nut within ten thousand light years coming after the kid." she scowled as she calmed herself with a moment of meditation. "And we're going to need to set up protocols so if we need to treat him, so nobody gets addicted to Spice via contact."

She scowled at the scientists. You get the distinct impression that her opinion of the lot of them and Fischer were pretty much cratered.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Gushing Blood (Staggered, -1 Toughness)
HP: 0

Morgan fills Torrance in on the details, explaining how he was near overwhelmed, the blood stains likely still below his nose and at his ears...
He also offers to make contact with the powerful psychic, despite the danger to himself.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Kriegstein gives Aislynn a cold look. " I am tired of your insults. Do you really think we just pumped him full of Spice and watched what happened? In my home universe, I created hundreds of metahumans. I know what I am doing." As the troopers close in, he lifts his hands. " Don't worry, I'm coming with." As are the other scientists, none of them really having any other choice.

Danny thanks Morgan but declines his offer of help. " You already paved the way, I can see that. I can take it from here."

His breathing slows as he looks into the boy's eyes and then closes his own. For a long time, nothing happens except a soft tremor that takes a hold ofDanny's body. But eventually, it subsides and Cliff begins to shudder and then look around. " I am free", he states.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The air bender sighs. "Welcome back to the world of the living," she told the boy softly, not knowing what the side effects of waking up would do to his senses. Overcharged would be a reasonable assumption. She also decided to ignore the doctor. He may be a genius, but he had absolutely no clue on how to deal with traumatized and overwhelmed kids. She shook her head. The kid was also probably picking up her abysmal opinion on the doctors as well and every other thought running through her head. At least her thoughts were revolving around both kid's safety and well-being.

Ah well. Couldn't be helped.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We are doing so well, I agree there's no need for any of us to antagonize the other." Long says his eyes going from Lynn to the doctors and back. "But this 'Spice gland' sounds like another of a thousand reasons why these young adults should come to the DXDO for protection and training. I suspect, after some training, any Spice Harvesters who DO come after the boy will only result in a few less Spice Harvesters in the world." the stretchy agent muses.

He goes over to stand by the eccentric rich guy that started this all. "Okay, moment of truth..." he looks over the people in the room lingering of Miss Finch and the other mercenaries but also notinng the DXDO back up that came with the new telepath. "Mr. Fischer, scientists, will you come peacefully, under arrest to answer for your actions in this matter and all that entails? Do you accept that you have the right to remain silent and all that jazz?"
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Cliff does not seem to be confused, fortunately, although the serene calm in his three eyes is somewhat unnerving. He nods and then turns to Fischer.
" I have to speak to my father", he says.

Meanwhile, Fischer and the scientist all declare that they are going to come willingly.
Mrs. Finch turns to agent Mae. " Errm...you are aware that I am just a bodyguard, right?"
The asian woman eyes her coldly. " Right now, you are somewhere between a health hazard and an accessory. You and your collagues are coming with us."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

With everyone seemingly coming along quietly, the children addressed and agreeing on the DXDO's assistance, and the amalgam creature contained (at least for now) with a refrigerated transport truck on the way, Agent Long considers this a successful operation. Now the laborious job of paperwork begins.

It's Miller time.