DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
drkrash

Re: DrKrash's Fight! Builds

Post by drkrash »

KING
Power Level 7
Team: England/New Gorgeous/Women’s
Style: Muay Thai
Blood Type: A

Strength 1
Speed 1 Control
Stamina 0

Life Bar 90
Fighting Spirit 118

Accuracy +2, Control +1, Damage +2, Defense +1

Qualities: Attractive, Interesting Appearance (Tomboy)
Weaknesses: None
Quirks: In Love, Loves Combat

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 4, Ki 7, Combo 4
Narrative Skills: Acrobatics 7, Agility 4, Athletics 3, Danger Sense 4, Grim Determination 5, High Society 7, Knowledge: Billiards 6, Occupation: Bar Owner 8, Perception 7, Reaffirm Purpose 6, Smooth Talking 3, Street Society 4, The Fighting World 5, Thug Thrashing 6

Hold Rush: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +3, Dam 1d8+2

Hook Buster: L2
Throw (2), Hurl
Acc +3, Dam 1d6+2

Sliding Kick: L2
Hits Low, Knocks Down (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+2

Venom Strike: L3
Ranged (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+2

Surprise Rose: L4
Aerial, Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+2

Trap Shot: L4
Inc Glory, Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+2

Double Strike: L5
Hard to Evade, Ranged (2), Inc Dam (3)
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+3

Mirage Kick: L5
Mobile, Full Screen, Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam
Acc +3, Dam 1d6+3

Tornado Kick: L5
Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Dam (3)
Acc +2, Dam 1d10+3

Silent Flash: L5 Super
Aerial, Breakthrough (2), Invincibility (2), Unique, No Move (-1), Inc Dam (5)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+4

Illusion Dance: L7 Super
Breakthrough (4), Inc Glory, Invincibility (2), Mobile, Inc Damage (6)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+5

King appears first as a villainous character in Art of Fighting, where her gender was a secret, evidently to keep her safe in the mean streets of Southtown. The revelation of her gender was revealed if she was defeated with a Super Move, in which her shirt is ripped open, revealing her bra underneath. My first exposure to her, however, was in King of Fighters, where early on her appearance was already more feminized. Now she is generally portrayed as an attractive woman who happens to have short hair and wears men’s formal wear.

She fights to make her younger brother proud, but otherwise has little story connection to the events of the Orochi saga. She is also attracted to Ryo Sakazaki.

As a character, she is fairly straightforward to play. The only thing that is slightly tricky is that most of her Special Moves are L4 or L5, requiring consistent Control, but that’s not likely to be an issue with her Speed and Control Bonus. I made her Combo Skill low, but her damage is pretty high.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Finally got her on here. She was partially finished for over a week. I still have some requests to catch up on, but I thought the thread needed a female character.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Yay! King is cool. Being a woman in formal wear certainly makes her damn distinct from most other videogame Muay Thai fighters.

From what little I got the chance to play of KoF XIV, I got the impression she got nerfed compared to her KoF XIII version, though.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ahhh.... mi amore...

King is awesome. Just a kick-ass design (though she may have set off a storm of SNK characters fighting in well-tailored suits), and one of the few Muay Thai fighters in Fighting Games to actually stand out from the crowd. And it's funny how she went from ridiculously boyish (her facial features are distinctly, if softly, "male" in the first Art of Fighting) to basically a more mature version of every other gorgeous girl in the series.

I did like her "Kick Fireballs".
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

BRIAN BATTLER
Power Level 5
Team: USA (KOF 94 only)
Style: Power Attacks
Blood Type: O

Strength 2
Speed -1 Initiative
Stamina 0

Life Bar 70
Fighting Spirit 92

Accuracy +2, Control +1, Damage +1

Qualities: Fame, Mobility
Weaknesses: Bad Reputation, Style Weakness, Unintelligent
Quirks: Attitude, Brutal, Disgraced

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 4, Combo 5
Narrative Skills: Agility 3, Athletics 7, Endure Great Hardship 7, Grim Determination 3, Intimidation 6, Occupation: Football Player 9, Presence 3, Property Damage 5, Realize Potential 8, Thug Thrashing 4

Atomic Drop: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +3, Dam 1d10+2

Rock Buster: L2
Throw (2), Hurl
Acc +3, Dam 1d10+1

Buster Tomahawk: L3
Aerial, Hard to Evade, Inc Dam (2), Range 0 (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+1

Brian Tornado: L4
Increased KB, Mobile, Inc Dam (3)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+2

Screw Body Press: L4
Aerial, Inc Dam (5), Range 0 (-1)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+3

Hyper Tackle: L5
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+2

Big Bang Tackle: d, L7 Super
Breakthrough (3), Hard to Evade (2), Inc Glory, Invincibility (3), Mobile, Unique, Inc Acc (3), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +3, Dam 1d12+2

This guy. This guy doesn’t even appear in the Orochi saga; his only appearance in a “canon” installment of KoF is ’94. So why is he here? He’s an early Christmas present (Advent present?) for Jab, who requested the Sports Team.

Brian Battler was the MVP of his team, and somehow got invited to the King of Fighters tournament. Evidently, according to a running gag in the series, the American Sports Team consistently gets invited to all of the KoF tournaments, but then gets beaten up and their invitations stolen.

Personally, I think this guy’s moves are pretty ugly and weird, but here he is.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, the Wrecking Crew of the King of Fighters tournament. Beautiful :). You spoil me, good Doctor.

One of the most important things a system can do is differentiate good fighters from crappy ones. Well done.
SCarterE

Post by SCarterE »

This sheets are great. Knowing the official interpretation of these moves is a great baseline for creating characters. Seeing Yamazaki's Sadomaso statted out makes it obvious how I'm supposed to build other moves of that types, and interpreting King's Double Strike as having the Hard To Evade element is a tremendous insight. Can't wait to see Heidern.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

SCarterE wrote:This sheets are great. Knowing the official interpretation of these moves is a great baseline for creating characters. Seeing Yamazaki's Sadomaso statted out makes it obvious how I'm supposed to build other moves of that types, and interpreting King's Double Strike as having the Hard To Evade element is a tremendous insight. Can't wait to see Heidern.
Thanks so much for commenting! For anyone else who checks in, I have not quit (I'm working on the next one presently), but I still haven't found a way to hit a stride on these.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote:
SCarterE wrote:This sheets are great. Knowing the official interpretation of these moves is a great baseline for creating characters. Seeing Yamazaki's Sadomaso statted out makes it obvious how I'm supposed to build other moves of that types, and interpreting King's Double Strike as having the Hard To Evade element is a tremendous insight. Can't wait to see Heidern.
Thanks so much for commenting! For anyone else who checks in, I have not quit (I'm working on the next one presently), but I still haven't found a way to hit a stride on these.
It's a tough balance. I remember when people were wondering why Taliesin was so "slow" on the old ATT forum- I was like "the dude ONLY stats up popular characters- that takes forever". I mean, a Hawkeye build takes me five times what it takes to build one of the Death-Throws. There's no way I could post quickly if I was statting up big names like you've been doing (well... big names and Brian Battler).

Plus, FIGHT! seems to take much longer to stat up guys than M&M- you have to stat out their individual moves one at a time, there are Combat AND Narrative Skills, then three separate additional categories for other quirks & problems.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

WOLFGANG KRAUSER
Power Level 8
Team: Boss
Style: Kampfringen
Blood Type: A

Strength 1
Speed 0
Stamina 1

Life Bar 100
Fighting Spirit 151

Accuracy +1, Control +2, Damage +3, Defense +1

Qualities: Attractive, Fame 1, Influence: High Society 2, Intimidating, Theme Music, Wealth 2
Weaknesses: Bad Reputation
Quirks: Arrogant, Attitude, Greedy

Combat Skills: Defense/Evasion/Tactics 5, Ki 6, Combo 5
Narrative Skills: Agility 3, Animal Handling 7, Athletics 6, Climactic Super Move 5, Endure Great Hardship 6, Grim Determination 4, High Society 6, Intimidation 7, Occupation: Earl of Stroheim 8, Perception 2, Performance 7, Presence 6, Property Damage 3, Reaffirm Purpose 6, Sense Ki 3, Smooth Talking 2, Thug Thrashing 4

Cliff Hanger Drop/Kaiser Driver 91: L2
Throw (2), Inc Dam
Acc +2, Dam 1d8+4
(These two Throws look different but are functionally the same.)

Blitz Ball (Lower Level): L3
Hits Low, Ranged (2), Inc Dam
Acc +1, Dam 1d6+4

Blitz Ball (Upper Level): L3
Ranged (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d8+3

Leg Tomahawk: L3
Knocks Down (2), Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d10+3

Kaiser Kick: L4
Knocks Down (2), Mobile, Inc Dam (2)
Acc +1, Dam 1d10+3

Kaiser Dual Sobat: L5
Acc +1, Dam 1d10+4

Kaiser Suplex: L6
Inc Glory, Throw (2), Inc Dam (4)
Acc +2, Dam 1d12+3

Kaiser Wave: L6 Super
Breakthrough (2), Hard to Evade (2), Invincibility (2), Ranged (2), Unique, Inc Dam (3)
Acc +1, Dam 1d12+4

Wolfgang Krauser is the final boss of the second Fatal Fury game. He isn’t as important as Geese, and his role in KoF is even smaller, but he remains popular beyond his importance. I think some of that has to do with the 2nd Fatal Fury OVA; certainly this version draws heavily from that movie (and that movie, for all its flaws, was also instrumental in by desire to write Fight! in the first place).

Krauser only appears canonically in KoF ’96, as part of Geese’s Boss Team. Geese is using both the Earl of Stroheim and Mr. Big for his own purposes, but Krauser desired a rematch with Terry after his defeat at the Lone Wolf’s fists. In this small sense, he is arguably the most honorable of the boss villains.

As a character, he’s remarkably straightforward. He doesn’t really have any tricks or special ways to play – just a decent amount of mobility and a tremendous amount of damage.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

Man, I know I've said it multiple times already, but maintaining these threads is *hard*! What was I thinking saying I could do 4 of these per month? Hell, for now, I'll settle for one a month and work up from there!

I think I still have a request kicking around to work on. Originally I was going to mix requests with less popular guys, but if I'm actually getting requests, that means people actually care about who's posted here, so that seems like a better route for me to go.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

drkrash wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:11 am Man, I know I've said it multiple times already, but maintaining these threads is *hard*! What was I thinking saying I could do 4 of these per month? Hell, for now, I'll settle for one a month and work up from there!

I think I still have a request kicking around to work on. Originally I was going to mix requests with less popular guys, but if I'm actually getting requests, that means people actually care about who's posted here, so that seems like a better route for me to go.
Don't worry - you'll be up to my posting speed before you know it :).

Nice Krauser- FF2 was my first Fatal Fury. As a result, i always assumed that he was the true boss of the franchise, not Geese. Though his design is really, really plain- SNK kinda got lazy, there. The Fatal Fury games were often stricken with that- great designs mixed with "meh- that's good enough".
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

I saw the OVAs long before I ever played any of the games - and I saw the 2nd one first. So I too thought Krauser was the "real" boss instead of some idiot named "Geese." Geese corrected my misinformation when I finally got around to playing the games.

I also agree that his video game visual is fairly vanilla (though his music and stage were cool). But again: his OVA presentation was pretty cool.

Jubei, Mai's ninja mentor, testing her adolescence by grabbing her boobs, was my first exposure to the oddity of anime.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Speaking of the OVAs, I saw the third one recently. Since then I've kind of wanted to see tabletop stats for the original characters from those, in any system.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

KorokoMystia wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:15 pm Speaking of the OVAs, I saw the third one recently. Since then I've kind of wanted to see tabletop stats for the original characters from those, in any system.
Yeah, the final scene of that movie is definitely using the Dramatic Combat rules not the normal rules.

I'm not sure where to begin with the villain, but I most definitely will be getting to Joe, Mai, and Andy.