[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

Post by Sakuro »

I think it is worth voting on whether to move the game over to Echoes of the Multiverse forums, or keep it here. Personally, I have no special interest in Echoes of the Multiverse, and it is a community I am entirely unfamiliar with. If two or three people hadn't recommended/requested it, I would have chosen RPoL.net as our backup. The reason I initially picked Ronin Army for this game is the history I have here, and the people I know that frequent these forums. However, there have been numerous complaints about the unreliability of the Ronin Army forums (some of them my own), so I am willing to move on if the majority desires it.

Please clearly state your vote, for or against moving to Echoes of the Multiverse.

EDIT:

I was able to grab the most recent posts from Ronin Army and post them in the Extended Interludes EotM thread: here
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

I think it may be good to move it here, since we have it set up.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Camus

Post by Camus »

I vote for moving here to Echoes of the Multiverse. It is more agile and reliable, plus most of the community in Ronin army is already here as well, owning mainly to stability issues with Ronin =P.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Reposted from Ronin Army's OOC forum:
Sakuro wrote:Counting the votes over at EotM, the count shows a favor for moving. Let's begin posting over there for our IC and OOC needs. That said, I will be saving the links to our threads from Ronin Army. What we have written on this forum won't just disappear and can still be reread.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In regards to glossing over the boring bits of Diegos recovery, I am fine with that. I can't think of much for him to do. My concern is the realistic recovery time of his wounds as given how grievous they are going into the Under City would be folly even with Sanders who would need to know where he is going, breaking another of Sokolovs rules if he sees her. In my IC post, I have an idea to get around it depending on how many days/weeks/months you would say Diegos wounds take to heal for him to travel.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'll do a little spoiling … once it comes time for Ascension Dr. Sokolov is going to loosen his rule for that one event. Null would rain down hell otherwise and he realizes it. Dr. Sokolov and Null both need to be present anyway. Imperator orchestrated it as such.

As for Diego's recovery, specifically, his injuries are going to carry over after Ascension, but once he "Ascends" he'll begin to heal faster for plot reasons. Though he'll still run the risk of opening up old wounds, as it were, for about a month as a temporary Complication. A way for him to get to Dr. Sokolov's will also be provided.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Iona
PL 10 (169pp)
Ethnicity: Unknown
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 135 lbs.
Native Language: English

Abilities (22pp)
Strength 0, Stamina 0, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 8 (7), Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages (7pp)
Attractive 2, Improvised Tools, Languages 3 (German, Hebrew, French, Japanese), Skill-mastery (Treatment)

Skills (32pp)
Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Physician 7 (+15), Expertise: Science 7 (+15), Expertise: Biotechnology/Cybernetics 7 (+15), Insight 8 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 8 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+10), Stealth 2 (+2), Technology 1 (+9), Treatment 7 (+15)

Powers: (111 pp)
BRAIN CASE AND NEURAL STIMULANT FLUID
...Immunity 7 [Aging, Disease, Poison, Suffocation 2, Starvation and Thirst, Need for Sleep] (7 PP)
...Enhanced Intellect 1 (2 PP)
...Enhanced Advantage 1 [Inventor] (1 PP)

FULL BODY CYBORG
Enhanced Senses: [Detect Magnetic Materials, Mental, Ranged, Accurate] , Infravision, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision (7pp)
Enhanced Defenses: Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Protection 12, Will 4 (38 PP)
Enhanced Advantages 8 [ Close Combat 4, Ranged Combat 8] (12 PP)
Immunity [Electricity Damage ; Flaws: Limited: Half-Effect] (3pp)

"Magnetic Control Array", Move Objects 12 [Extras: Precise (+1 pp) ; Flaws: Limited to "Magnetic Materials" (-1/r)] * 13 PP
... AE - "Magnetic Snare", Affliction 12 [1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized ; Extras: Alternate Resistance "Dodge" (+0/r), Extra Condition (+1/r), Ranged (+1/r), Subtle 1 (+1pp) ; Flaws: Limited to "2 degrees" (-1/r), Limited "toughness of metal objects used" (-1/r)] (1 PP)
... AE - "Magnetic Projectiles", Ranged Damage 7 [Flaws: Quirk: Requires Magnetic Materials] (1pp)
... AE - "Magnetic Levitation", Flight 6 (120 m.p.h.) [Extra: Subtle 1] (1pp)

"Electrical Control Array", “Electricity Blast” – Ranged Damage 12 (24pts.)
…AE: “Ionized Field” – Burst Area Damage 10, [Extras: Penetrating 4] (1pt.)
…AE: “Spark Flash” – Cumulative Ranged Affliction 12 [Resist by Dodge, Fortitude to Remove; Impaired, Disabled, Debilitated; Limited to Visual] (1pt.)
…AE: “Shutdown” – Nullify Electricity 6, Simultaneous, Effortless, Precise (1pt.)

Offense
Initiative +0
Magnetic Control Array +8
Electricity Control Array +8
Close Combat +4
Ranged Combat +8

Defense (0)
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 6, Toughness 12, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 22 + Powers 111 + Advantages 7 + Skills 32 (64 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 171

Complications

Motivation - Utopian Idealism - The promise of a better world (or one certainly better than the present one) has captured Iona's mind. Despite the possible negatives of a technocratic, authoritarian regime, she fully believes it a necessary evil for dragging the ignorant masses (at least those who CAN be dragged) into the next stage of human social-evolution. Her "progressivism" has taken on the mantle of an intolerant fundamentalism. Like many who sympathize with the Imperator, the ends justify the means.

Specialized Maintenance - Iona is reliant on Dr. Sokolov for weekly maintenance or her systems start to fail.

Memory Loss - Iona is actually Dr. Levi Kripke's personality embodied in a female cyborg. "She" has no memories of her past life at the present time.

Relationship (Romper) - Iona is in the early stages of a romantic relationship with the criminal mastermind, Romper. Her time and talents may be called upon in order to keep the relationship in good standing.

Background
Iona is a recently created cyborg. Her brain is that of the renowned physician and researcher, Dr. Levi Kripke. His modified brain has been embodied into a beautiful cybernetic female host.

Post-Creation Background

The creation of Iona is not without issues. "She" possesses a well-developed, male brain in an artificial female-body. The fact that Dr. Kripke's personal memories have been erased has made the whole project feasible. Iona has retained Levi's skills without the unique history of how he got them. Iona believes that she is a cyborg; Dr. Sokolov has done nothing to undermine that belief. Thus far, none of Levi's memories have returned; it may be that they never will.

The young cyborg has been treated well by Dr. Sokolov. And she is in her natural environment when in a laboratory working alone or in tandem with him. She refers to him as "Master" most of the time.

Her first major achievement was to secretly secure biological samples from some of the Ascendants during their creation-process. It was a highly dangerous act which almost provoked a fight involving herself, Dr. Sokolov, Praetor Null, and the Ascendants. She returned a portion of the samples, leaving the rest to Dr. Sokolov, which won her further favor in his eyes.

As part of an effort to restore peace between Dr. Sokolov and Praetor Null, Iona was ordered to serve Null for an undisclosed period of time. She now resides in a joint base of operation under the authority of Null with the Ascendant of Deception acting as its effective manager.
Completed - Projects
Foundation for Backup HQ: (Total of 5ep)
Size: Medium (1ep)
Toughness: +2 (total of 8, reinforced-concrete) (1ep)
Features: Concealed, Security System, Power System (3 eps)

An Emergency Escape Tunnel (from current HQ to area near new HQ) (1ep)
includes Traps/Explosives for Demolition after escape (1 ep)

Projects - Under Construction
Soup kitchen recruitment station to enlist recruits into The Cause (1 Dominion Point)
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 12 times in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Diegos sheet updated minus complication additions. I am a bit tired tonight, but will get an IC post up tomorrow.
Nareik123

Post by Nareik123 »

Alexandria "Alex" Thompson - PL 7

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 3, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Assessment, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 14, Great Endurance, Improved Aim, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 2, Seize Initiative, Set-up, Teamwork

Skills

Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat: Knife 5 (+7), Expertise: Security 6 (+6), Expertise: Soldier 8 (+8), Insight 3 (+4), Intimidation 6 (+7), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat: Firearms 4 (+7), Treatment 1 (+1), Vehicles 4 (+7)

Equipment
Bulletproof Vest, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Commlink, Flashlight, Fragmentation Grenade, Gas Mask, Knife, Laser Sight, Motorcycle, Night Vision Goggles, Rebreather, Smoke Grenade, Weapon Arsenal (Assault Rifle, Light Pistol, Shotgun)

Offense
Initiative +10
Assault Rifle, +9 (DC 20)
Fragmentation Grenade, +5 (DC Dog 15)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 13)
Knife, +7 (DC 19)
Light Pistol, +5 (DC 18)
Shotgun, +9 (DC 20 )
Smoke Grenade, +5 (DC 19)
Throw, +5 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +2 (DC 18)

Complications

Enemy (Midnight Angels): The Midnight Angels are private security company that have fought Alex, and she remains the only target that they haven't taken down. Alex has taken down a number of their agents over the years. They have been contracted to remove her as they have her son in capture.

Reputation: Alex is a well known mercenary, nicknamed "Reaper" by her contracters. She has a ruthless reputation and has been described as putting her contract and her objective first. While she tries to minimise collateral damage, Alex has been known to take extreme measures when pushed.

Secret: Alex is a mother of one. A son that was believed killed after the war ended went missing when Imperator lost and the town was occupied. She hasn't seen a body and if there are any leads on his location, she would do anything to track them down.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7/2, Will 5

Power Points

Abilities 28 + Powers 0 + Advantages 35 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 19 = 106

Name: Alexandria "Alex" Thompson
Height: 5ft 7 inches
Weight: 180pds
Description: Alexandria is a heavy set and well built female. Her face is a mess of scars behind a stern expression. Her skin is tanned. She has thin black hair that is shave on both sides of her head, that forms into a single ponytail that is short and flops behind her. Her body is dense with muscle, clearly someone that has done a lot of heavy lifting and works out. She is often dressed in combat fatigues when not in a combat zone or on an op. When she is on an op or expecting trouble, she is notably geared up. A thick flak jacket sits over her combat fatigues. She often wears black scuffed combat boots. There is a commlink that's usually patched into her ear, which has a small microphone. She has a belt that contains a gasmask, and a fragmentation grenade in addition to a smoke grenade. She is always carrying her military grade assault rifle, usually with a 12 gauge shotgun slung over her back. A small combat knife is sheathed in a chest harness.

History
Alexandria Thompson was born Washington, 1990 to military man Jason Thompson & journalist Audrey Thompson. She had a difficult upbringing, being far more interested in her fathers stories than being a "girly" girl like her mother. Jason was overjoyed at this unexpected attention, and took Alexandria to enclosed locations to teach her the principles of shooting small toy guns. On the year 1999, the Thompson's moved from Washington to Hadron City. Then, one year later, Imperator took over the city. The occupation caused a great rift in the Thompson family, with Audrey leaving them, while Jason looked after Alexandria. Jason joined up with the Imperators forces while trapped in the city, and Alex followed in her fathers footsteps. Alex trained hard with her father, visiting the gym together. She quickly left her slim slender frame behind as she bulked up. When she joined the Imperators forces on the year of 2010, it was a joke that she wasn't a girl at all, and got the nickname of "Alex." Alex played along with this, joking that she was tougher than most of the men in the army anyway.

In her training under the army, she quickly became adapt with the various weapons they trained her in, her training as a kid paying off. She developed a basic proficiency with all firearms, and became very skilled with the basic assault rifle, while developing a skill for using a 12 gauge shotgun. She became one of the most dangerous soldiers in the military, becoming squad leader in a unit she nicknamed "The Boys." She grew an attachment to a fellow squaddie, Brock Parker, a native of the local area. A funny man, Brock was also the closest person who could keep up with her physical prowess and kept her company in the gym and training routines. They had a fling, which ended up with Alex becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son on the year of 2004, name of Eric. This didn't deter her from her training & her drive to be the best in the army. She often arranged for Eric to be babysat, or made Brock do it. Of course, all this training was about to be tested in 8 years time.

April, 2018. Alex was 28 years old, a mother of one and a Lieutenant in the Imperator army. Then, the US and Dr Impossible launched their attack on Hadron City. Alex responded to the assault with her squad and deployed to the front lines. She had learned that her father Jason was commanding the theatre of war from his command bunker, and Eric had been taken to public emergency centre by his babysitter. She made her first confirmed kill that day, a US grunt who strayed out of cover for too long. She felt the feeling of guilt and remorse, she had actually killed someone! She pushed it aside as more US soldiers entered the fray, her survival instincts overcoming her remorse. Very quickly, she adapted.

At the end of the first week, exhausted from several skirmishes and repelling several all out assaults at her position. She learned that Brock had been confirmed KIA. She took his dog tags and that night, cried in her bunk. Of Eric, she hadn't heard anything.

At the end of the first month, she had to retreat from her position and regroup further inside the city. At this point, Alex was humourless, her attitude and her demeanour all business. The war had eroded from her almost all emotion and feeling. She overheard a communique that her father, Jason, held his ground in the command post they had abandoned and refused to leave until everyone had escaped. He was shot as he attempted to retreat, his line of retreat cut off. Alex was so worn out and ground out that she couldn't even bring herself to be sad for her fathers passing. Of her son, still no word reached her.

The war eventually ended. As the war was ending, Alex found herself alone in a section of the ruined city. Her unit was wiped out, and she knew from the brief communique dispatches that the Imperators forces were losing the war. Then, Dr Impossible defeated Imperator. Faced with the inevitable, that she was going to lose, Alex quickly removed all rank and insignia of her affiliation with the army, and hid herself away from the occupying US troops. She stayed in her little hiding hole for 24 hours. When she left, she witnessed her home become occupied with the US troops. She left her weapons there, and went to go find her son.

Her son, however, was no longer at the emergency evac point. Neither was the babysitter. Alex asked about, but nobody had seen her son or the babysitter during the conflict. They mentioned that a special unit had gone into the bunker earlier, and left with a bunch of people masked, bound and gagged. Someone handed her a cap tally that had fallen onto the floor. It said midnight angels on it. Alex quickly went back to her hiding place and retrieved her gear. She found a place to stay, and turned to her new life. She vowed to track down her son, whatever it took. She signed on to a PMC, her skillset and pre requisite equipment easily earning her a spot.

3 months later, Alex was no closer to finding her son. She knew that her investigatory skills were weak, but she couldn't give up on her son. This is when Null contacted her. Alex was surprised that she was noticed by someone from Imperators inner circle, but was interested by his offer. She stood to gain a lot from the offer, allies, power, resources. She needed these things to help find her son. She agreed to his request.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Enigmatic One, Peter is woken in the morning to the sound of Hitori's inhuman voice yelling. How does he react to this? Does he say 'screw it' and stay I bed? Does he get up to investigate?
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro,

I just want to make sure I understand you. Since we are not RPing the "power testing and orientation"' period for Iona, I am to wait until you prompt me with another post?

S
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist, I am waiting on your response to my post. Then I will do some narration for the testing. It would be silly for me to make a post, then respond to my own post. It is also something I do not enjoy doing. Unless I specifically state otherwise, I am going to wait for a response to my post rather than respond to one of my own posts.

For the scene centered around Levi's body, I will give Peter, Hitori, and Alex until the end of this week to do what they are going to do. Then we are moving on. It feels like that scene is stalling, so consider this a hard shove to get it wrapped up. Next week we'll move away from Interludes and start in on the main story again.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego wrote:Looking around for his stuff, once he manages to get his comm link he does his best without help or on his own to turn it on. Can anyone hear me?, says Diego without much hope.
Communication via commlink is going to be dependent on whether anyone leaves the Under City, reaching at least sewer level. You didn't do any special planning for message sending routines or arranging ways to communicate if you were ever split up.

I will ask this of the other PCs (excluding Iona), did any of you plan to leave the Under City on or after the 1st of February?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I wasn't figuring anything getting through or Diego having a way to even get in contact with the team, but for RP sake he gave it a go. If you want, you can feel free to just move things along. It's OCD thing of mine to get responses in when things seem to prompt them.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm
Diego wrote:Looking around for his stuff, once he manages to get his comm link he does his best without help or on his own to turn it on. Can anyone hear me?, says Diego without much hope.
Communication via commlink is going to be dependent on whether anyone leaves the Under City, reaching at least sewer level. You didn't do any special planning for message sending routines or arranging ways to communicate if you were ever split up.

I will ask this of the other PCs (excluding Iona), did any of you plan to leave the Under City on or after the 1st of February?
Not to my knowledge.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe