FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 3 / LP: 4
kenseido wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 am Darklight

Blackclaw is surprised by the sudden light in the area and misses the shadow move along the ground.

Rising up behind him, Darklight shouts at the villain.

"You foolish, foolish man! You think you can hide from the shadow? Now you will taste my wrath!"

The somewhat corney delivery still does its job, and Blackclaw turns and swipes several times at Ryan's shadowy form, leaving a clear opening for Vortex to pounce on the villain.
That was when Vortex opened up several portals and engulfed Blackclaw and his hiding place in torrents of fire.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan is a bit surprised by the inferno, fortunately it can't burn his shadow form.

When the flames subside, he smiles.

"Just the way we like it... well done."

Shadowy tentacles shoot out and grab onto Blackclaw. The villain tries desperately to pull away as the tentacles pull him close to Darklight.

The villain starts screaming as he is pulled into the darkness at Ryan's feet. There is a series of screams and cries for help.

Then the shadow expands out several times with a barely audible "gack" sound.

"BLLAAARRRGGHHHH!" and Blackclaw is shot out of the shadow into the air.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 2
Vindicator wrote:"My god Liz i wish you could see these, the designs are so simple I'm grabbing all the recordings I can for you but this.." Eva was practically bubbling over the telepathic link to Warshade as she scanned the ships like a kid in a toy store on Christmas.
Spectre couldn't help but smile at Eva' enthusiasm. HIs amusement was cut short, however, as he sensed the arrival of two newcomers.
Vindicator wrote:'Jon two incoming Bill and Boomerang.' she showed a mental image of the layout and the two criminals location as she saw it so he could clearly see.
[Right. I have them...], he nodded, mentally and physically. {...I don't think they have us yet, though. Do you prefer Bill or Ted?]
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: Bright light
[Right. I have them...], he nodded, mentally and physically. {...I don't think they have us yet, though. Do you prefer Bill or Ted?]
'Bills tough enough to take some of my best shots but I don't think he can handle yours, Boomer might be smarter but not as tough. So lets take them together.' she smiled back at him across the link 'Either way it'll be an excellent adventure.'

She held up both hands then pointed one in the air

'Protect your eyes this is gonna be bright.'

She made sure that Jon's eyes were covered and then she fired a small burst of energy in the air that she had attenuated to airburst in a specific manner. when it did there was suddenly and very briefly a miniature sun in the room. the two villains wending their way through the darkness had their night vision utterly ruined by the sudden blazing light and wouldn't regain it for a few minutes more at best. her own eyes were protected by her suits lenses which adjusted easily to the variations in luminosity.

Eva couldn't help a mental chuckle as she lit up the room. Ginger would kick her rear end for that move if she were here, but Bill and Boomers yowls of pain and discomfort as they were blinded made up for it.

The miniature sun died out with a fizzle as Boomer threw a blind series of razorrangs with surprising accuracy given his impairment, but Eva handled them by trap shooting them out of the air with a rapid fire series of blasts as she made sure that her shielded form was in front of Jon to protect him.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 2 LP: 1

"Pockets the size of the Astrodome and you don't have a flashlight?" Liz gave Vanguard a look before realizing he couldn't see her. Then she heard voices approaching. "Don't move, I'm going to disable the light switch and get the drop on them." She quickly moved to the wall, pulled the switch out and cut the wire, ensuring they'd get the drop on the incoming villains.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 3 / LP: 4
kenseido wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:33 am Darklight

Ryan is a bit surprised by the inferno, fortunately it can't burn his shadow form.

When the flames subside, he smiles.

"Just the way we like it... well done."

Shadowy tentacles shoot out and grab onto Blackclaw. The villain tries desperately to pull away as the tentacles pull him close to Darklight.

The villain starts screaming as he is pulled into the darkness at Ryan's feet. There is a series of screams and cries for help.

Then the shadow expands out several times with a barely audible "gack" sound.

"BLLAAARRRGGHHHH!" and Blackclaw is shot out of the shadow into the air.
And that when Vortex opened up more portals and drove lightning bolts into the flying, screaming Blackclaw, crashing him into the ground, in an un-moving, smoking heap.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"I, uh, kind of lent it out?" He says sheepsihly.

"Okay I'll just, uh..." He turns still unable to see anything then crouches, "I'll be down here."
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp 2

At Vindicator's warning, Spectre turned his head away from where she aimed. Even with eyes closed, he was surprised at the flare she produced. As soon as the light died and their opponent's curses began, Spectre darted noiselessly to the left and advanced on Wreckin' Bill. The oversized villain was still flailing blindly as Spectre approached him. "[William Harris! Given the chance to become more, you have chosen so much less.]"

"%#&* you, @$$hole", was the reply as Bill suddenly accelerated and lunged for Spectre, only just missing. [Too close], Spectre thought as the attack smashed a diagnostic cart to flinders. Careful not to let too much space grow between them, he deftly led Bill through, rather into, the mothballed vehicles and equipment. As the human projectile (again) destroyed an unfinished piece of machinery instead of the mentalist, Spectre began to truly press Bill's buttons.

[tsk, tsk, William. All that money, stolen for villain school, and this is all you have to show for it?]"

With a wordless roar of frustration, Bill pounded the twisted metal once more and heaved it futilely in Spectre's general direction. "%#&*ing coward! Stand still an' I'll show you what I learned!!", Bill raged, as the thrown machinery comes to rest relatively near Boomerang. [Bingo.] Using the opening of Bill's anger, Spectre could now work his will more directly on the villain's psyche...

"Watch it, you fat idiot!", Bill heard Boomerang say. "You're letting him into your head! Useless tub of lard..."

"What'd you say?!? What'd you say, kangaroo-effin..."

"You heard me!", Boomerang 'said'. "Actually, I take that back...We could at least COOK with a tub of lard!!"

'[Oh, Bill.]", Spectre added, with cold mirth. "[A c-lister amongst c-listers! Are you going to take that from a jumped-up action figure?]"

"I'll get back to you in a minute, Svengoolie.", BIll replied, but he was no longer looking toward Spectre. Glassy-eyed, he turned and began lining up on the Australian weapon master. "HEY! Kiwi-sucker! You wanna talk $&^! to me, you look at me!"

Hearing his partner for the first time in several minutes, Boomerang glanced to him. "Kiwi...The hell...oh,$&!^", was all he had time to say, as Wreckin' Bill came at him full speed!
My Character Page
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: WRECKING BIll

While Jon was running Bill in mental circles Eva was busy stalemating Boomerang. The lenses of his uniform must have protected him because he was throwing boomerangs at her with lethal accuracy and if she wasnt just as accurate with her power blasts she'd have eaten a few nasty shots. the two of them had danced around a bit but then she heard Bills enraged shout at the Australian supervillain and got a quick flash from Jon. understanding his intent she held her ground making sure that Boomer was right where Spectre wanted him.
"I'll get back to you in a minute, Svengoolie.", BIll replied, but he was no longer looking toward Spectre. Glassy-eyed, he turned and began lining up on the Australian weapon master. "HEY! Kiwi-sucker! You wanna talk $&^! to me, you look at me!"

Hearing his partner for the first time in several minutes, Boomerang glanced to him. "Kiwi...The hell...oh,$&!^", was all he had time to say, as Wreckin' Bill came at him full speed!
The Impact was brutal Boomer tried staving off Bill with a couple of Exploderangs but Bill lived up to his name as he barreled into Boomerang with a sound like a car wreck as the pair impacted one of the spaceships-- a vintage model--causing her to wince visibly behind her visor.

'Did he have to hit the terra saucer? That was one of the jewels of the collection.' she complained over the link with a sigh as she landed near Jon to check and make sure he was alright.

Her attention turned back to Bill though when the aforementioned Villain extracted himself from the wreckage of the craft with a tearing of metal and offered the unconscious Boomerang a swift kick to the gut.

"Teach you to talk down to me you %^*%$&*(" As bill launched into a fairly impressive and gross display of Profanity. Eva was busily running impact calculations and Physics mechanics. Shed been studying Bill via the earlier impact footage from the bank and the attempts to hit Spectre and she was pretty confident that she had him pegged.

As she worked, her right hand started glowing as she channeled energy into it. Her suits HUD flashed indicators that the energy flow was exceeding safe limits. She ignored and bypassed the warnings though as she hardened her suits forcefield, and its neuroweave musculature tightened around her like a brace further amplifying her Strength to some truly prodigious levels.

the glow from her hand illuminated her enough for Bill to see her clearly, and he let loose with a low catcall whistle. "Hey Baby!, when im done flattening kreskin over there how about I show you what a real man is like? You know, some place private." he mimicked a few gross motions which had her stomach turning at the mere thought.

"Not in this or any other lifetime." Eva growled loud enough to be heard.

"Jon find cover NOW!" She warned him over the link before she launched herself at Bill like a missile with her right fist cocked back.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Yeah baby show me what you got!!" he yelled as he launched himself across the hangar at his top speed.

The two rocketed at each other at near hypersonic speeds closing in on each other for what promised to be an explosive collision. As she approached that final impact she prayed silently to herself

Theo this ones for you." before roaring a battlecry as she slammed her fist now glowing like a miniature sun forward and into Bills face like a freight train from hell, and 11 long haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus 10-4,

it was almost as if time stood still for a brief second before the concussion wave from the explosion rocketed out from the pair of them. The impact was explosive to say the least and felt throughout the mountain as irresistible force met Irresistible force. Ships were flung from their parking spots and slid backwards several feet.

Even with the hardened force field around her hand and her suits tightening around her to buffer her from the impact she felt the punch land and the shock go all the way from the impact point on her knuckles, down her arm, through her spine, and down to the bottom of her feet. Her suits HUD Lit up like a Christmas tree shouting warnings as the impact blew out power pathways, caused a surge and overloaded several components. Eva was flung backwards like a ragdoll her suits flight system failing completely as she was hurtled through the air before slamming into the wall hard enough to render her dazed and unmoving as she fell face first onto the floor.

Bill on the other hand was sent rocketing backwards like a meteor from the thunderous crash the power imparted rendering him unconscious and sending him flying with enough momentum that he actually blasted a hole through the side of the mountain leaving a bill shaped hole as his unconscious form sailed across the skyline and headed for the Emerald Bay beyond where it would splashdown and float there before being picked up by a passing ECPD patrol Cruiser.

In the aftermath only the sounds of rocks crumbling from the ceiling and from the hole could be heard as the dust settled.
Last edited by catsi563 on Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"Good enough." Liz stood by the door and only had to wait a moment for it to open. A hand reached in and flicked the light switch twice. "What the hell?"
Liz struck just as the curse range out. She jumped out and enveloped the enemy form with gravity. It crumpled but was immediately followed by a hail of blaster fire. Liz recoiled with a yell.

OVERCONFIDENCE ELIZABETH

"There's a few of them out there. Want to clear the chaff?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

As the shooting stops Vanguard pokes his head over the top of the table.

"You want me, run at the guys with the crazy laser guns, and punch them?" He asks, mortified, then waves to a stack of rifles laying on the table next to him, "Seriously, look at these things. I could get seriously hurt."
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp 2

Vindicator wrote:Jon find cover NOW!
The warnings that her suit was giving her played across the surface of Vindicator's thoughts and thus, across the link to Spectre. Mother of..., he thought as she launched herself at Wreckin' Bill. He was able to duck behind a nearby vehicle, a half-track of some sort, and brace it with his psychokinesis just before impact. Even so, the force of the blow lifted the vehicle a foot off the ground. The sound of it landing almost covered the WHAM of Eva's striking the wall nearby. "[VINDICATOR!!]", he called aloud and mentally. He was able to catch her limp form and lower her gently to the ground. Feeling for a pulse in her neck was rewarded with a stinging jolt that may have been a defense mechanism. Ow! Dammit! Trying a different tack, he reached out mentally, trying to sense Eva's presence in general, rather than her specific thoughts. Okay, she is still there, just knocked out. After a moment of coaxing, he was able to rouse her. "Had me worried there for a minute.", Jon said, letting the Spectre echo out of his voice. "Remind me to never piss you off.", he added, helping her to sit up.
My Character Page
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: Hard Impact

She lay there for what seemed to be an eternity as new constellations and stars appeared in the night sky of her mind before a gentle touch in her mind brought her back to a waking painful consciousness.

After a moment of coaxing, he was able to rouse her. "Had me worried there for a minute.", Jon said, letting the Spectre echo out of his voice. "Remind me to never piss you off.", he added, helping her to sit up.
"Owowowiwowow." she groaned and mumbled her vision still a bit blurry. Her suit was still rebooting but its self repair systems were kicking in and she was slowly regaining clarity.

"Think I lost ten IQ points just smashing his stupid face." she grumbled as Jon helped her sit up and keep her balance she took a couple more moments breathing in and out trying to focus her mind around the concussion she was surely dealing with. "I hope he's out because I don't want to do that again."

As Jon helped her to her feet she stretched and rolled her right shoulder flexing her hand open and closed letting the feeling come back into it. "I'm better now thanks." she said gratefully with a rare smile. "Are you ok?"

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"You know wha-"

IT'S SO HARD TO GET GOOD HELP THESE DAYS

"Nevermind. I'll do it. Just back me up."

Liz dove towards the door and when she had sight through the opening, teleported through the opening. More laser fire filled the space she had just occupied. A split second later, she reappeared in the midst of the gun-wielding goons. Before they could react, she exploded in a burst of gravitational energy. The mercs went flying in all directions and crumpled against the walls. The two super-powered villains went flying through the door into the little kitchen.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard watches Warshade with his jaw agape, then sighs.

Dropping his elbows onto the table and dropping his head on his hands he watched as she teleported into the middle of the hall to take out the baddies.

He wondered how long it would take her to clue in that he'd already disarmed the entire lot of them.

"I miss Mags," he says to the stack of rifles sitting in the kitchen, as they fell over and clattered to the floor from the gravitational blast, "Mags would have thought that I was funny."