FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Vortex & Darklight:

The two you land in a darkened room, with only basic security lights on which only gives off enough illumination so that a person could navigate the room and the dark shapes that fill it. Though Darklight can make out the fact that the room is filled with a collection of various plants - from trees and bushes to large masses of vines that seem oddly out of place in a base hidden within a mountain, but you know....super villains.


OOC wrote:At best Vortex can only make out his hands outstretched in front of him. Any other detail isn't possible with the current amount of light.

GM note: 17

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Darklight
HP: 4, LP: 3

When the floor falls away and the rest of the team is sucked down the tubes, he just hovers there for a second. His shadowy form unaffected by gravity or the air pressure, he briefly contemplates what to do.

Deciding to stay with the group, he flies down after them and does his best to follow them through the various tubes. Seeing one person get shot off by themselves, Ryan quickly follows behind him and lands in the dark room.

Still in his shadow form, he wonders if they know he's even there.

Shock
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 pm
Location: Connecticut USA

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Shock » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:14 am

Warshade
HP: 1->2 LP: 1


"Ow! Damn." Liz got up rubbing the side of her leg where she landed. She pulled on her goggles to get a better look around the room. Then she triggered her comm. "Everyone OK? Give me a status."

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2055
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:36 am

Vindicator Eva McKenn
HP: 3; Condition: Free fallin

Eva felt her armors grav system kick in just as the floor dropped out from underneath her she was so busy staring at the robotic artwork in front of her that it was a shock to suddenly be freefalling still she straightend up and tried to fight the suction of air pulling her down.

She saw Jonathan falling and reached out for him but was only barely able to grasp his outstretched arm which threw her off balance with how fast he was falling and that sudden movement threw her into one of the walls which caused stars to flare into her vision and while her flight system compensated she was too dazed to do more then let it drag her down the hole and into blackness.

When Jon finally managed to shake her awake she grumbled something about blasting whoever was ringing the damned bell into orbit before finally managing to clear her head and stand up slowly with Jon's help.

"You allright?" she asked him as she looked around. The computer automatically adjusted her sensor suite to compensate for the near dark conditions which let her see as clearly as if she were in the middle of a sunny afternoon.

"Hangar or Garage it looks like." she said thoughtfully as she scanned around for any other surprises

Senses are set to Danger Sense darkvision and tremor sense should be good.

Tech skill of 30 thanks to Skill mastery should be enough to recognize the vehicles at least their basic functions and designs

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1657
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 am

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)
Status: Normal HP:1

Vanguard groans and stands up, dusting himself off, "Sorry, bad news, boss. Looks like I survived."

He looks around for a moment then waved a hand in front of his eyes, "I can't really see anything. You got a flashlight?"

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 787
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:05 am

Vortex
HP: 2->3 / LP: 4

"Bumpy, but all right." Vortex replied as he got his bearings. "I'm either in a garden or a plant villain's trap."

He opened a portal to let sunlight shine through - and shed some light on the situation.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:13 am

Darklight

Ryan stays in the lighted area briefly before moving out, allowing to Vortex catch a glimpse of him so his teammate knows he isn't alone.

It means the villains might spot him as well, but it is more important to let his teammate know he was there.

He then quickly moves through a dark area to lose any eyes trying to follow him.
Stealth: 1d20+17 29

User avatar
Kaisius
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Kaisius » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:18 am

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 2 Cond: Normal

Vindicator wrote:"You allright?" she asked him as she looked around. The computer automatically adjusted her sensor suite to compensate for the near dark conditions which let her see as clearly as if she were in the middle of a sunny afternoon.
"[I am. Are you?]", Spectre replied, helping Vindicator to her feet. Once she nodded, he turned to regard the dim shapes surrounding them.
Vindicator wrote:"Hangar or Garage it looks like." she said thoughtfully as she scanned around for any other surprises
Confident that her sensor suite could more than compensate for the darkness, he silently nodded and closed his eyes, his Second Sight showing him the shape of the room and its vehicles. [Psychic Switchboard is up. I can link in the others when we meet back up.], Spectre telepathically sent to Vindicator.
OoC wrote:Second Sight gives me Mental Awareness, Danger Sense, and Spatial Awareness (Accurate, Radius, Ranged Mental Sense). I'll switch to Now You Don't which is Concealment 10, Resistible: Will DC 20. I'll be "looking" around the room for exits, fuel tanks, supervillians sneaking around. Perception 1d2+12=31 :o
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2055
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Vindicator Eva McKenn
HP: 3; Condition: Free fallin
"[I am. Are you?]", Spectre replied, helping Vindicator to her feet. Once she nodded, he turned to regard the dim shapes surrounding them.
"I'm fine, think my prides bruised more then anything." she replied
"[Psychic Switchboard is up. I can link in the others when we meet back up.], Spectre telepathically sent to Vindicator.

Good; I can see clearly thanks to my Suits sensors, but how are you doing? I can make some light but im a bit reluctant to give our position way
She replied easily her thoughts clear and precise.

As she replied she began a slow steady scan of the bay remaining alert for any problems

Evas own perception check Roll(1d20)+8: 17,+8 Total:25

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Kaisius
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Kaisius » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pm

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Hp: 2 Cond: Normal

Vindicator wrote:Good; I can see clearly thanks to my Suits sensors, but how are you doing? I can make some light but im a bit reluctant to give our position way
[No, no need. I can feel my surroundings without any trouble, I just can't read signs or labels.], Spectre replied. [Thank you for the catch, back in the tubes.]
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Vortex & Darklight:

Vortex’s portal of light streams in, revealing a large forest-like area, likely some kind of botanical lab. It is filled with a wide assortment of flowers, bushes, and trees, heavily overgrown and showing signs of not being cared for in many, many years, clearly over a decade and likely longer.

Thanks to the sudden influx of illumination, both Darklight and Vortex can see Blackclaw trying to hide himself amongst the foliage.
OOC wrote:Have at it fellas.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Warshade & Vanguard:

Warshade gets replies from the other members of the team she lowers he goggles over her eyes and takes in her surroundings, showing that she and Vanguard are in an old kitchen. It looks as if it has been used regularly as any check within the cabinets or refrigerator reveals all are well stocked with an assortment of junkfood, and some foods that could be used to make decent dinners.

Outside the room the two of you can make out the sounds of people heading your way. It almost sounds like they're arguing about which of them is fighting you.
OOC wrote:Have at it fellas.
OOC wrote:a small edit I originally forgot to add. Sorry.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Vindicator & Jonathan Spectre:

Vindicator’s armor allows her to easily take in her surroundings, seeing a wide variety of ships of varying design; all straight from a 50s era Sci-Fi movie. You name a popularized body type of “alien ship” and it is represented here, and all appear to be in working order (or at least as good as vehicles that have been sitting unused for over two decades can be).

As she is taking in as much of the old school design as she can, Vindicator’s attention is pulled away by a barely noticeable pinging sound her armor was making at her; letting her know that it had picked up the presence of two other beings in the area. The sight of Boomerang and Wreckin’ Bill trying to sneak through the hangar area while not being able to see that well themselves is fairly amusing and makes it clear that whoever has taken over the Mad Machinist’s old base is definitely behind these criminals newly gained skills that they are apparently going to be attempting to use against the two of you.

OOC wrote:Have at it fellas.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2055
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 3; Condition: Alert
[No, no need. I can feel my surroundings without any trouble, I just can't read signs or labels.], Spectre replied. [Thank you for the catch, back in the tubes.]
"I'd feel happier accepting the thanks if id actually done more to earn it." she grumped good naturedly "But you're welcome."

As they explored further she became more and more exited. the amount of pure technology around her even as old school as it was, was staggering.

"My god Liz i wish you could see these, the designs are so simple I'm grabbing all the recordings I can for you but this.." Eva was practically bubbling over the telepathic link to Warshade as she scanned the ships like a kid in a toy store on Christmas.

She was so enraptured that she nearly missed her armors proximity and warning alert until it flashed a bright red alert eight in her eyes. She studied the incoming targets and the excitement in her voice was replaced with its cool even tone.

'Jon, two incoming. Bill and Boomerang.' she showed a mental image of the layout and the two criminals location as she saw it so he could clearly see.

her forcefield shimmered into place and she moved cautiously and slowly so as not to attract attention as she got ready to fight

start the ball rolling soon

attaching Boomerang and Bills stats to the post for reference
Last edited by catsi563 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City
Contact:

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 am

Darklight

Blackclaw is surprised by the sudden light in the area and misses the shadow move along the ground.

Rising up behind him, Darklight shouts at the villain.

"You foolish, foolish man! You think you can hide from the shadow? Now you will taste my wrath!"

The somewhat corney delivery still does its job, and Blackclaw turns and swipes several times at Ryan's shadowy form, leaving a clear opening for Vortex to pounce on the villain.

Post Reply