The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" They have been in a coma since the Incursion. The brain damage needed to be undone and neural reconstruction is tricky. Neural improvement even more so", Fisher says. " And in the end, it doesn't matter. It's almost done. My son and my daughter will awaken and they will be ready to face this world."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You... mean... 'ready to rule this world', right?" Long asks, his words drawn out. "I mean, they'll be gods, correct? That's what you said?"

"Gods." he repeats.

"All that power. All that responsibility. And they'll be ready for that? They were that even-keeled as children and young adults? They wouldn't just take what they wanted when no one could stop them? They wouldn't throw tantrums that would rip asunder buildings like this one, or heck, continents."

"Gods."

"Did you know about this, Tin Man?" Long asks the cyborg. "How bout you guys?" he asks the human security staff in the room. "Still think those guns are pointed at the right persons?" he asks mildly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" No, we did not know". Azaj says. The other guards look at each other.
Before anyone can say anything else, Fisher says, " Shoot me if you want. But that will not keep Dr. Kriegstein and Dr. Chukrati from finishing their work. It's as good as done."
Holt holsters her weapon. " Sir...what the hell have you done?"
Fisher shrugs. " Hired experts in their fields, people who knew how to make superhumans. Enhancing people isn't that hard...but combining powers is. That's why it took so long. I don't know all the specifics,...but Kriegstein was able to mass-produce superhumans, according to the Authority comics and Chukrati worked on the Krishna project. She helped create a god already."
He looks at all of you, looking so tired...but with a feverish exhaustion in his eyes that tells you that the man might have survived bolter fire, but his sanity has suffered inoperable damage...
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"I've been pretty silent til now. Partly out of a desire to not escalate this further - your man was quite upset with me for attempting a Mind Trick. And that had only one intention - avoid bloodshed. I don't plan on shooting anyone or using any Mind Tricks.

"However - as you've all more or less just illustrated, I still wonder how any of you would feel if I actually started using my newfound abilities to enforce my intentions... or if offered instead to give a photo of uncle and a Jedi with an actual lit lightsaber instead..."

He sighs.

"But it`s done. And the world will live with the consequences I suppose.

"Whatever they may be. I just hope they don't wake up afraid and lash out at everyone... there`s enough fiction out there that will show what absolute power will do."

OOC - Neo kind of ninja'd me, but I still wanted to post this. Can we kinda assume that it happens a little more fluidly than the two posts suggest?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Where are kids being worked on?" Long demands of the assembled guards. "Does anyone know? If not, is there someplace likely? Any other compounds? Ask other guards if you can."

"Lynn, can you call this in please? Ask if there are other compounds this man owns that might correlate to the last known whereabouts of the two doctors, Chukrati and Kreigstien. Morgan, can you take this man into custody, please."

Long himself starts rapid texting the number that Tattletale gave them, letting her know the situation.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Despite everything that`s happened, and what you think of the world, you still have your rights..."

Koral reads the Miranda Rights.

"If you would, please come with us." He makes a point to look away when he makes his request and keeps his hands visible, but at his side. A show of good will that he is consciously not forcing his will on anyone.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

Aislynn nods and gets on the phone to make the inquiries. The thought of those kids, waking confused and frightened after nearly being killed....
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It does not take too long for Long to get an answer.
Lab will be under the mansion. He wants to stay close to the kids.

Lynn is quickly dispatched to Coulson after telling the overwhelmed guy on the other end of the line what's at stake.
" Okay, try to bring him in and secure any assets and lab material. If the...children are there, do NOT disturb them. The risk is way too high!"

Fisher sighs as Morgan reads him his rights...but does not do anything and neither do the guards. Unlike Azaj, however, who powers up the weapons in his arms.
" Sorry, folks. Turning on an employer is bad form in the merc business. Manifold, Mrs. Finch...come to FIsher's office. We have a problem. Be battle-ready."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long taps his own commlink and sets it to broadcast on all frequencies, hopefully it would reach Finch and Manifold as well. "Azaj, you heard him. Your employer is about to bring his angry, hurt children back as gods as we speak. This is way bigger than any of this. Even mercs have rules, and one of those have to be that if your employer is about to do something that threatens everyone, merc included, you're allowed not to just blindly follow orders. How bout this - we've already frozen your employer's assets, so no more paychecks, so how about we HIRE you, all of you, fair mercenary rates, to help us save the world? C'mon, that look good on resumes. You can't tell me it doesn't. Ms. Finch? Manifold? Heck, Manifold, you're prolly seeing all kinds of crazy things in the nearby dimensions...."
Persuasion: 1d20 13
hmm... using HP to reroll
Persuasion: 1d20+0 10 +10 is 20, max I can do, maybe the others can assist too. (I'm prolly gonna miss that HP later but, here ya go.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Please, for their sakes, yours and ours. This can end without anyone being harmed if you help us." she pleaded.

ooc
http://orokos.com/roll/717230 26 (aiding another?) persuasion

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Azaj hesitates while the guards have all taken a step back.
Then, the cyborg lowers his arms. " Okay...I get it. Sorry, Mr. Fisher...but I'd need proof that whatever your mad scientists are cooking up in the basement is not a danger to me or my colleagues before I'll take up arms for you."
Fisher frowns. " If your inaction ruins this...I will do everything I can to make sure you will never find work again..."
Before Azaj can react, the guy you identified as manifold appears behind the still-closed doors, immediately multiplying into a dozen images of himself, all entering the room in a slightly different manner. It makes looking at him very headache-inducing.
" Hey there...just wanted to let you know...it doesn't look like Mrs. Finch is going to lay down her...arms. Last time I saw her, she already had four of them. With claws."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Damnit." she sighed. "Let's go calm them down, or at least try to." she looked at the others. "They're scared, overwhelmed with powers. This needs to be contained." she then looked at Fisher. "Sir, take us to your family. We can help calm them down."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long looks to the manor guards and hired mercs. "Labs are under the mansion, who knows the way down? We'll try bypass your companion if possible but disrupting the procedure is top priority."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" There will be no disruption", Fisher says sharply. " There is no way you'll disturb anything down there until it is completed."

Manifold rubs his chin/sighs/paces back and forth/listens attentively before soldiifying for a moment. " There's a secret passage behind the wall. Button's below the desk surface."
Fisher frowns. " I never..."
Manifold shrugs/looks embarassed/facepalms/grins smugly. " A version of you that's a bit more sensible just told us. By the way, we should hurry."
From behind the door you can hear a wet growling.
" Mrs Finch! In here! I am under attack!" Fisher exclaims...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long scrambles for the button and to get through the passage way.