Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Bladewind's M&M 3ed Builds

Post by Jabroniville »

Awesome :). So glad somebody did one of these already. Reminds me of the old days, where something would be awesome and it'd be up on the Think Tank in seconds.
THAT IS GLORIOUS!!! One of the best, weirdest things about the old Star Trek. These guys are really showing their fandom.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

That's true... in the old days, by the time I got around to this it would have been done by at least four other people !

I think the best part of it (the concept) is that it's actually a Transformer. Someone posted on a forum that the Star Wars/ Transformers and even the Marvel/ Transformers were mostly Star Wars or Marvel Mecha as opposed to Transformers. The Death Star as Vader was not a Decepticon for instance...

But Fortress Tiberious ? Pure awesome. I even love how they took liberties to simplify the robot for the style (also pointed out by someone else)...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 am

OMG. Tiberious actually did that two handed fist thing they always do in Star Trek !!!

And did it to a reptile on top of things :D
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

I was kind of disappointed that they used Fortress Maximus instaed of Metroplex, especially considering that they included Windblade among the Autobots.
Last edited by Woodclaw on Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I think you mean Windblade. :D Because I'm pretty sure they didn't include me ! :D :D :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Bladewind wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm I think you mean Windblade. :D Because I'm pretty sure they didn't include me ! :D :D :D
Ops.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Among the Deviant Art artists that I follow is a guy that goes by the handle of FrischDVH. He likes to do redesigns, reimagine characters among OCs and the like. I think Ares might get a kick out of some his latest work, inspired by the latest Reign of the Superman animated film from DC, he's working on a treatment of that nature for Captain Marvel...

Reign of the Mightest Mortals

FrishDVH wrote: Mr. Mighty = Cyborg Superman, Captain Thunder = The Eradicator, CM2 = Superboy, and Black Vulcan = Steel.
Link to his Shazam folder, although there are a few others in his gallery that belong in there IMO...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Reign of the Mightiest Mortals

As Billy fought against the most powerful foe he had ever faced, Shazam grew worried. Worried that Billy would fall, and that Mary and Freddy would follow. for the first time, it occurred to him that he had sent children into battle. and then the worst happened. As Captain Marvel's two closest friends, his family, left the Rock of Eternity to call the lightning themselves, Shazam called their lightning to himself, preventing them from assuming their respective mantles... And then, in a final, epic contest, Billy and his opponent felled each other, both falling to the ground, dying. It looked like Billy's opponent would rise again... and Captain Marvel was nowhere to be seen, no corpse, no remains, nothing to rally behind and mourn a champion who had given his all to save his city and her people...

The Wizard Shazam blamed himself for the death of his protege Captain Marvel and believed he was responsible for the subsequent removal of Mary's and Freddy's powers… In actual fact, both heroes gain their power from Billy himself, and when he died his subconscious “permission” to share the Power of Shazam was revoked. So, in actual fact, Shazam saved them for surely when Billy fell, they'd have stood zero chance as their powers vanished and they reverted to their normal forms...

Shazam's resulting exile, then, was not for his failure towards his champions as he believed, but because he dared question his benefactors…

However, given the beings imprisoned therein, the Rock of Eternity cannot be without a guardian, and so Mary volunteered to take Shazam's place. Once again powered by the same gods as before, and further empowered by the mantle of the Rock of Eternity, she became the Sorceress and is working to reinstate Freddy as Captain Marvel Jr.

Furthermore , Billy didn't actually die, but was very badly wounded… burned and irradiated in the final moments of his epic battle as he called down the lightning on his powerful opponent. So much so that his mangled body was as first mistaken for that of an innocent bystander even to Mary and Freddy...

Mary managed to recover Billy's comatose form but even her considerable new powers are as yet unable to heal or help him…

Some months later, allowing for enough time for the four Mighty Mortals to establish themselves, Billy came out of his coma. Still badly injured, he attempted to call the lightning. Given the injury his mortal form had sustained he was unable to absorb the lightning… Mary reacted, drawing in the magical energy where he brother could not.

Although he had reverted to the uninjured form of Captain Marvel, he had very little of his powers. Ibis provided him with a new uniform, one that enabled Billy to absorb ambient magical energy and his power levels are slowly returning to their previous levels...
Last edited by Bladewind on Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

* reserved *
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Champion of Eternity
PL12/261

Abilities
Strength 15,
Stamina 11,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 2,
Awareness 8,
Presence 3

Powers
Wisdom of Lumian: (21 points)
Enhanced Advantages: Enhanced Trait 5 [See Adv list],
Enhanced Awareness 5,
Master Linguist: Comprehend 3 [Speak, Understand, Read all]
Strength of Voldar: (4 points)
Enhanced Strength: Enhanced Trait 4 [Limited to Lifting]
Courage of Elbiam: (12 points)
Enhanced Fighting: Enhanced Trait 4,
Enhanced Will: Enhanced Trait 4
Power of Ribalvei: (40 points)
Eldritch Lighting: Damage 12 [Perception; Indirect 4]
Stamina of Marzosh: (13 points)
Protection 2,
Immunity (Life Support, Aging): Immunity 11
Speed of Arel: (35 points)
Flight 15 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Dimensional Travel: Movement 2 [Rock of Eternity, Magical Realms; Dynamic]
Dyn: Quickness/ Speed: Quickness 15 [Speed; Dynamic]
Champion of Eternity: (15 points)
Eternal Senses: Senses 8 [Dimensional Awareness, Accurate Extended Magical Awareness, ; Accurate Detect Magic],
Dimensional Anchor: Immunity 5 [Dimension Powers]
Alt: Dimensional Banishment: Movement 1 [(Alternate Effect of Eldritch Lightning); Perception Range, Attack; DC Resistance 22 (Resisted by Dodge or Will)]
Alt: Dimensional Stability: Nullify 12 [(Alternate Effect of Eldritch Lightning - Nullify Dimension Powers); Cloud Area, Concentration, Simultaneous; Close Range]

Advantages
Assessment,
Beginner's Luck,
Eidetic Memory,
Jack-of-all-Trades,
Seize Initiative,
Great Endurance,
Interpose,
Move-by Action,
Ritualist,
Artificer,
Benefit 1 [Holding Back]

Skills
Acrobatics (+2)
Athletics (+15),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9),
Deception 9 (+12),
Expertise: History 10 (+12),
Expertise: Magic 10 (+12),
Expertise (+2),
Insight 8 (+16),
Intimidation 6 (+9),
Investigation 6 (+8),
Perception 10 (+18),
Persuasion 5 (+8),
Sleight of Hand (+2),
Stealth (+2),
Technology (+2),
Treatment 8 (+10),
Vehicles (+2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9, Damage 15

Defense
Dodge 9,
Parry 9
Toughness 13 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 11,
Will 13

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 140 + Advantages 6 + Skills 25 + Defenses 10 = Total 261

Complications
Amnesia/ Compulsion – The gods have stricken Eternity of his true name and personal memories, leaving only the power of Eternity in his place. Although his sense of right and wrong is still intact, and he acts in his appointed role to keep the power and the magic of the Earth ream in balance, he does not know who he really is.
Champion in Exile - Eternity is (or was) the Guardian of the Rock of Eternity. While his gods still grant their boons and blessings in the form of his powers, they have removed the additional powers and abilities that he had from the Rock. He is "atoning" for his mistake that led to the death of Captain Marvel.

Design Notes
:arrow: As with Black Vulcan and Kid Marvel that follow, Eternity is not specifically intended for the Merge campaign universe, but I still used those house rules for the most part. PL 12/180, shifted to PL 11/195 Skills 3:1, free social Advantage per rank of Presence. (In this case, given his true identity, I went with unlimited power points...)
:arrow: Inspired by the art from FrischDVH on DeviantArt. I don't know his headcanon for Reign of the Mightiest Mortals, but this is my take.
:arrow: Captain Thunder was the name Frisch chose as an Easter Egg to a lesser known and former name of Captain Marvel (and a name I wish DC had gone with, regardless of how much I like Green Ronin's Captain Thunder). I chose the name Eternity before I came up with my concept of the backstory as I felt it was a nice tie-in/ nod to the Eradicator in Reign of the Supermen. Obviously, in the RotMM, Eternity takes the Eradicator's place.
:arrow: I have a rank of Holding Back. This isn't metagaming or min-maxing on my part as despite using that advantage (from Hero High) more than once lately, and often on my paragon-type builds, I felt it really fit here. The gods stripped Eternity of his rank and position in the celestial balance and awarded it to another, but they are far from stupid. Knowing that there come a time when he would need his full power, or something closer to it, they gave him the means to tap into it...
:arrow: There area few powers listed, simply for book-keeping purposes, under Champion of Eternity as alternate powers of a base power listed above. This is, as I just said, for book-keeping. Despite going with unlimited PP on this one, I thought it was excessive to go the route of having the Champion of Eternity be complete stand alone powers... Likewise, I did not make a separate entry under his speed powers to include Seize Initiative, leaving that in the total cost of the Advantages granted by his Wisdom.
:arrow: In this case, his lack of Complications (or short list) is intentional. More of an NPC to begin with, Eternity is actually exiled from his role, so I envision his ability to "store" luck is limited...

Background
Based on the way that I have listed the powers, I should think that my intention here is fairly clear... this is actually Shazam, cast out of the Rock of Eternity and stricken of his knowledge of who he is, and "exiled" to Earth in the wake of the Death of Captain Marvel. Taking a role much like that of the Eradicator in the Reign of the Supermen, Eternity is not Captain Marvel, no matter how much people want him to be...

In the final moments of Captain Marvel's - Billy's - epic confrontation with his doom in Fawcett City, Shazam felt something that he had not felt for millennia... fear. Fear that his chosen one - the boy that he had turned into a hero - would die. And with him would soon follow the others who championed in his name, Mary and Freddy. So Shazam used his powers to call Mary and Freddy back to Rock of Eternity and stripped them of his blessing, of their powers.

And Billy fell.

In grief and anguish, Shazam begged his patrons to reverse his error, to let him go back and change his decision... And they did. But the gods are fickle creatures and even they do not alter time at a mere whim. And so, they granted Shazam his wish, after a fashion. Restoring the wizard to his physical prime and stripping him of his title and mantle of Guardian of the Rock of Eternity, he was sent to the mortal world without his personal memories, without knowledge of his true power at the Rock of Eternity and once again as "merely" their Champion...

His knowledge of history and his sense of self was left intact, his memories and knowledge are simply academic rather than personal. As a result, although he still has the same sense of right and wrong and the same moral compass as before, he is detached and cold...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"It's Captain. Not Junior, Not Kid. CAP-TEN.

Kid Marvel
PL11/ 195 PP

Terrence Sivana (Harold Batson)

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 11,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 3,
Fighting 6,
Intellect 1,
Awareness 3,
Presence 3

Powers
Made Man: (78 points)
Flight 13 [1]
Dyn: Speed, Quickness: Speed 13 [Linked Quickness 13; Dynamic]
Immunity to Earthly Weather: Immunity 2,
Weather Control: Environment 10 [4 mile radius – Impede Movement (Reduce Speed by 2 ranks), Visibility (-2 Perception Checks); Selective; Dynamic]
Dyn: Lightning Bolt: Damage 11 [Perception Ranged; Indirect 4, Precise]
Dyn: Cyclone: Affliction 10 [(Resisted and Overcome by Strength; Hindered and Impaired, Prone and Stunned, Incapacitated); Alternate Resistance (Strength), Burst Area, Ranged, Concentration, Extra Condition; Instant Recovery; Dynamic]
Dyn: Tornado: Move Object 8 [Cylinder Area 2, Damaging; Dynamic]

Advantages
All-Out Attack,
Move-By Action,
Taunt,
Benefit 1 [Cypher (+5 DC to find info on his background)],
Well-Informed,
Benefit: Established Identity (David Batson)

Skills
Athletics 4 (+17),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+9),
Deception 4 (+7),
Expertise: Pop Culture 3 (+4),
Insight 4 (+7),
Intimidation (+3),
Perception 6 (+9),
Persuasion (+3),
Stealth (+2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +9, Damage 13

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 11
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 84 + Powers 78 + Advantages 3 + Skills 8 + Defenses 22 = Total 195

Complications
:!: Mental Conditioning - Although he won't lose his powers if he is struck by lightning, Kid Marvel is mentally conditioned against saying the word Marvel. As such, he will never say his name, even when correcting someone who calls him "Kid" or "Junior." He's simply say "Captain." What other mental conditioning has been implanted remains to be seen.
:!: Secret - His connection to Sivana sometimes makes him doubt himself, and he worries what fail safe mechanisms the mad scientist might have instilled in him.
:!: Infatuated - He is infatuated with Sivana's daughter Beautia. Likely something Sivana could use against him were he to find out. (Note, he is more a clone of Billy than Sivana so any "incest" notions are unfounded. Besides, this was intended to link more of the Marvel mythos to RoftMM.)
:!: Young/ Programmed Memories - Kid Marvel has very few real personal experiences, having been grown in a lab with implanted memories. Some of his vocabulary, expressions and the like are dated or sometimes sound force. Also, he also has difficulty in many social situations, although he tries to hide it.

Design Notes
:arrow: Kid Marvel is not specifically intended for the Merge campaign universe, I still used those house rules for the most part. PL 12/180, shifted to PL 11/195 Skills 3:1, free social Advantage per rank of Presence.
:arrow: Inspired by the art from FrischDVH on DeviantArt. I don't know his headcanon for Reign of the Mightiest Mortals, but this is my take.
:arrow: CM2, I imagine, was the name Frisch chose based on his tendency to rewrite/ rework names to suit his vision of a character (or characters) and a variant on CM3. Obviously, in the RotMM, Kid Marvel takes Superboy's place
:arrow: I chose Kid Marvel as it fit more with my vision of the character and is a little closer to the Superman/ Superboy labeling going on in Reign of the Superman.
:arrow: His powerset is based more off the "Supers" from the animated film, Crisis on Two Earths. The Supers appeared more powerful in that movie IMO, because while one created the storm, one created a lighting strike and another winds... even though it seemed they were combining their powers. Kid Marvel has those same powers, but if he uses them has to choose what and where and thus seems vastly less powerful...
:arrow: I toyed with making him a Red Tornado-like android (or other creation of Ivo or Morro), making him an alternate reality duped by Sivana, someone empowered by a weakened Shazam... but in the end I liked the idea of the Made Man from the aforementioned film. So... Sivana (instead of Luthor) creates a clone of Billy and imbues it with powers similar to how the Everyman Project by Luthor worked. (See Background, below, for more details.)

Background
Kid Marvel - as the papers quickly named him - insists on being call Captain and not Junior or Kid.

Sivana, after seeing Captain Marvel (Billy) in action, deduced that the new superhero was in fact CC Batson's boy based on the striking resemblance of the hero to the deceased archaeologist. Having become a rival to the hero over the years, Sivana determined that he would not be cheated by the death of the Big Red Cheese, and that he would be the one to control the hero's legacy. To this end, he worked to create a clone of Billy Batson that he could manipulate to his heart's content. He had no problem with the clone playing hero, as long as Sivana profited. With no access to the Rock of Eternity and the power that imbued the Marvels, Sivana instead turned to another method. A variation on the Everyman Project of the mainstream DCU, Kid Marvel was imbued with superhuman strength and flight, as well as the ability to control the weather. Dubbed "Project Made Man," Kid Marvel was the only real success, and given the cost involved, Sivana is unlikely to create others unless this one dies or the like...

Sivana created a fictional identity for his new hero, that of Harold Batson to demoralize and confuse the remaining Marvels (Freddy and Mary) as well as to establish a link to the departed Captain Marvel. The "real" identity that Sivana created for his clone was a further jab at his deceased rival, in that he gave Kid Marvel his own surname when creating official documents to establish him as a "real" person, so the latest Captain Marvel is actually a Sivana!

Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Black Vulcan
PL11/212 PP

Abilities
Strength 11,
Stamina 3,
Agility 1,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 7,
Intellect 7,
Awareness 5,
Presence 3

Powers
Black Vulcan Armor: (56 points)
Removable (-15 points)
Radio Communication: Communication 3 [Area, Selective; Dynamic]
Dyn: Sensory Array: Senses 14 [Heads up Display, Cosmic Awareness (Directed Inspiration); Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Low-Light Vision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultravision; Aura Reading (Detect Mood, Ranged; Detect Physical Condition, Ranged; Mystic Awareness) ; Dynamic]
Radiation Immunity: Immunity 10,
Radiation Shield: Immunity 1 [(background/ environmental radiation); Affects Others Only, Burst Area],
Immunity: Computer Viruses, Life Support: Immunity 11,
Flight 10 [Dynamic]
Dyn: Super-Strength: Enhanced Strength 8 [Dynamic]
Power-Lifting 8 [Limited to number of Ranks currently devoted to Flight]
Hammer of Vulcan: (36 points)
Removable (2) (-10 points)
Mystic Senses: Senses 7 [Detect Magical Energy, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged]
Alt: Electromagnetic Sensors: Senses 7 [Detect EM Energy, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Radius, Ranged]
Alt: Arclight: Environment 3 [(Light – 250 ft radius, bright as a sunlit day)]
Dispel Magic: Nullify 11 [Burst Area, Broad (Magic), Simultaneous; Close]
Alt: Eldritch Bolt: Damage 12 [Bludgeoning, Mystic, Electrical Damage; Ranged]
Alt: Electromagical Pulse: Affliction 11 [(Resisted by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) ; Burst Area ; Targets must be in contact with ground]
Alt: Short Circuit: Affliction 11 [(Resisted by Dodge; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated); Ranged; Limited: Only effects electrical devices, robots, and cybernetics]
Alt: Assemble: Transform 8 [(parts into finished machine); Ranged, Continuous]

Advantages
Inspire 2,
Teamwork,
Artificer,
Ritualist,
Improvised Tools,
Power Attack,
Inventor,
Skill Mastery [Expertise: Magic],
Assessment,
Close Attack 4,
Improved Initiative 1,
Improved Smash,
Jack of All Trades
Weapon Break

Skills
Acrobatics (+1),
Athletics 3 (+14),
Deception (+3),
Expertise: Engineering 7 (+14),
Expertise: Magic 4 (+11),
Expertise: History 3 (+10),
Expertise: Archaeology 3 (+10),
Insight 4 (+9),
Intimidation 3 (+6),
Investigation (+7),
Perception 3 (+8),
Persuasion (+3),
Ranged Combat: Hammer 8 (+10),
Sleight of Hand (+2),
Stealth (+1),
Technology 7 (+14),
Treatment (+7),
Vehicles 3 (+5)

Offense
Initiative +5
Eldritch Bolt +10, Damage 12
Unarmed +11, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 10
Toughness 3 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 10,
Will 12

Power Points
Abilities 62 + Powers 92 + Advantages 15 + Skills 16 + Defenses 27 = Total 212

Complications
:!: Power Loss - without the suit, Black Vulcan is an ordinary (if brilliant) man with some magical knowledge
:!: Stepping in: Like Steel, Black Vulcan first stepped up to the plate when Captain Marvel fell in battle, and continues to step up despite his personal health or well-being
:!: Responsibility: Black Vulcan feels personally responsible for the death of CC and Marilyn Batson as he was not on the site when the accident that killed them occurred. As a result, he is determined to make sure their legacy - and that of their heroic children - is carried on.

Design Notes
:arrow: Not specifically intended for the Merge campaign universe, I still used those house rules for the most part. PL 12/180, shifted to PL 11/195 (but apparently I don't know how to count as I wound up with 212...) Skills 3:1, free social Advantage per rank of Presence.
:arrow: Black Vulcan, I imagine, was the name Frisch chose based on his tendency to rewrite/ rework names to suit his vision of a character (or characters). Obviously, in the RotMM, Black Vulcan takes Steel's place..
:arrow: The radiation immunities are intentional, and will come up more as I stat the other three and weave my version of this story together.
:arrow: Note that his Edltrich Bolt and anything he power stunts off that has Magic and Electricity descriptors.

Background
Nathaniel Rollins originally hails from Dakota City and is the grandson of the former superhero Sparky, or Philip Rollins in his civilian identity. Where his grandfather had designed and created a far less powerful "Electrostatic Suit," Nathaniel built power armor that put him on a level with some of the mightiest mortals on the planet...

Fascinated by the past and gifted with a keen mind, Nathaniel grew up with a burning desire to make a difference in the world. Despite coming from humble backgrounds, he made his way through school. He earned scholarships that allowed him to pursue his engineering degree while minoring in history. Although something of a scientist, he always believed there were things that could simply not be explained and although he subscribes to the notion that "any sufficiently advance science or technology can appear as magic" he does not dismiss the idea there are forces that are beyond science that can be tapped...

His combination of intellect and imagination (for want of a better word) captured the attention of recruiters for Sivana's fateful expedition to Abu Simbel. One of the lead engineers on the dig headed by CC and Marilyn Batson, Rollins was actually offsite when the tomb collapsed. He remained behind to ensure there were no other traps or dangers still remaining, and discovered some ancient texts that affirmed his belief in "magic" and even gave him a basic understanding and some modest ability in the mystic arts...

Returning to the United States, Rollins joined an engineering firm in Fawcett City and continued his career. However, that all changed when Captain Marvel and his siblings made a valiant stand against an opponent that was their equal in many ways and their superior in more than one...

When Captain Marvel made his last stand, Rollins was trapped in the debris of a falling building. After working to free himself, he built a suit of armor unknowingly under the guidance of the Roman god Vulcan. The first successful aspect of his new identity was the massive hammer that he dubbed the Hammer of Vulcan. With this powerful artifact in hand, he proceeded to forge a suit of armor. Combining Eldritch and Mystical energies with mundane (albeit advanced) technology, the resulting suit was powerful indeed... With these newfound powers, he set out to find and help other survivors of the epic battle and continue on the legacy of his hero Captain Marvel, and the Batsons who had died some years ago...

Soon, however, he found himself involved in an incident that the papers were calling the "Reign of the Mightiest Mortals." Rollins had taken the name Black Vulcan, and never claimed to be Captain Marvel. He was fighting in the man's name, carrying on his legacy along Captain Marvel Junior and Mary Marvel and made no claim to their lineage. But with the arrival of himself, the strange being calling himself Eternity, the man claiming to be Captain Marvel's twin brother returned to take his brother's place and the young many insisting on being called Captain Marvel they had all been labeled as being in a fight to claim the legacy as their own.

Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

”The world still needs heroes.”

Mister Mighty
PL12/277 PP
Dr Charles Langley

Abilities
Strength 13,
Stamina 10,
Agility 2,
Dexterity 2,
Fighting 8,
Intellect 5,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Channel Atomic Energy: (96 points)
Super-Strength: Power-Lifting 5, Immunity (Life Support): Immunity 10, Dilustel Chassis: Protection 3, Radiation/ Electricity Immunity: Immunity 20, Flight 11
Alt: Melt Through: Burrow 10 [Linked Irradiate (Subtle Continuous Environment – Heat – 1)]
Energy Blast: Damage 14 [Ranged; Variable (Electrical, Atomic, Radiation)]
Alt: Irradiate: Environment 10 [Radiation (Heat); Continuous; Subtle]
Energy Resistance: Immunity 40 [(Energy Attacks); Sustained; Distracting, Limited to Half Effect]
Atomic Energy Manipulation: (36 points)
Energy Blast: Damage 14 [Ranged; Variable (Electrical, Atomic, Radiation)]
Alt: Melting Heat: Weaken 14 [(Toughness); Ranged]
Alt: Ground Zero Burst: Damage 12 [Burst Area Radiation Damage]
Alt: Radiation Sickness: Affliction 7 [(Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Impaired, Disabled, Incapacitated) ; Progressive, Burst Area]
Alt: EMP: Weaken 7 [(Electronics); Broad, Burst, Affects Objects Only, Simultaneous]
Alt: Scrub Radiation: Nullify 10 [Simultaneous]
Alt: Shock Field: Affliction 6 [(Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated) ; Reaction, Cumulative, Sustained]

Equipment
Headquarters—Size: Large, Toughness: 10; Features: Communications, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Hangar, Infirmary, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System, Workshop • 15 points)

Advantages
Diehard, Power Attack,
Seize Initiative,
Eidetic Memory,
Improvised Tools,
Inventor,
Ultimate Effort [Technology)],
Well-Informed,
Benefit 1: Wealthy
Equipment 3 [(Headquarters)],
Skill Mastery [(Expertise: Science)],
Skill Mastery [(Technology)],
Jack-of-all-Trades

Skills
Acrobatics (+2),
Athletics (+13),
Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+11),
Deception 6 (+8),
Expertise: Science 8 (+13),
Expertise: Technology 8 (+13),
Expertise (+5),
Insight 6 (+8),
Intimidation 4 (+6),
Investigation 3 (+8),
Perception 5 (+7),
Persuasion 3 (+5),
Ranged Combat: Energy Blast 6 (+8),
Sleight of Hand (+2),
Stealth (+2),
Technology 12 (+17),
Treatment 2 (+7),
Vehicles (+2)

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed +11, Damage 13
Energy Blast +8, Damage 14

Defense
Dodge 11,
Parry 11
Toughness 13 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 12,
Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 88 + Powers 132 + Advantages 13 + Skills 22 + Defenses 22 = Total 277

Complications
:!: Obsession: Marilyn Batson. Unaware that Mary Marvel is actually his unrequited love’s daughter, Langley will do nearly anything to make her his...
:!: Obsession: Captain Marvel. He wants to take Marvel’s place in all things, again not knowing that Batson is in fact dead and that Captain Marvel is his imagined rival’s son...

Design Notes
:arrow: As with the others in my RoftMM line, Mister Mighty is not specifically intended for the Merge campaign universe, but I still used those house rules for the most part. PL 12/180 (unlimited PP in this case asMighty is the Big Bad replacing Cyborg Superman, free social Advantage per rank of Presence.
:arrow: Inspired, of course, by the Cyborg Superman, I actually drew build inspiration from the DCA Captain Atom (Dilustel use will be explained in the background).
:arrow: Although I more or less completed the build (a few things left to add/ tweak...) I don't have time to finish my notes. Depending on how the morning goes, I will try to add... I’ve at least managed to add Complications and a Background draft.

Background
Dr Charles Langley is another person to make a connection between the hero Captain Marvel and CC Beck, and also Mary Marvel with Batson’s wife Marilyn. However, he does not know that both heroes are in fact the Batson’s children... He hasn’t pieced together why they “faked” their deaths nor what they do when they are out being heroes...

Langley’s connection to the Batson’s is small, but it explains why he would eventually take the role of Mister Mighty...

Langley was initially also hired by Sivana as part of his expedition to Abu Simbel. Langley was infatuated with Marilyn Batson and made advances that neither Bateson took kindly to. As their participation on the dig was more important to Sivana than Langley’s, Sivana fired the scientist (not really caring about the incident).

Langley would go on to develop Mr. Atom and send it into combat against Captain Marvel, and the hero was very nearly defeated in their first encounter...

When Captain Marvel fell in battle, Langley saw his chance...

He built a cybernetic body, using a newly discovered metal from a downed alien spacecraft (a substance that would eventually be used in Project Captain Atom) and combing it with much of the tech used in the creation of Mister Atom he crafted his own ideal replacement for Captain Marvel He then transferred his mind into this latest version of Mr. Atom - who he renamed Mister Mighty. Langley set out to take Captain Marvel’s place and, he hoped, win the woman he believed to be Marilyn Batson... (To this end, the cyborg body of Mister Mighty was constructed not to resemble CC Batson but his general type of man...).

Mister Mighty takes the role of the Cyborg Superman... with Langley’s obsession with Marilyn taking the place of Henshaw’s relationship with his deceased wife... The ultimate endgame planned by Langley is as yet not known...

Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Huh. Neat!

Interesting idea doing a "Death of Superman" story with the Marvel Family. Making the hooded "Eradicator" an amnesiac Shazam is an interesting idea, as is the notion of Mary and Freddy being de-powered to create a real impact on the world. Re-using Black Vulcan in this way is actually a pretty cool use of the old name and an update, and could potentially be tied to the Son of Vulcan character that DC has used a couple of times, with different weapon systems designed to replicate the weapons or abilities Vulcan could borrow from the Olympians.

Mister Mighty and Kid Marvel are interesting choices, with Mighty being not so obviously cyber-ized and the Kid being a genetic creation to serve a similar purpose.

The way the artist used the various symbols is kind of interesting. Mr. Mighty's symbol is the lightning bolt used by the Adventures of Captain Marvel film serial, the first superhero film of all time. The symbol on the Champion of Eternity is based on the Captain Thunder that served as a Captain Marvel expy for Superman to fight in Superman 276. The Kid's is more of the traditional Shazam bolt while Vulcan's looks like a hybrid of the Super Friends outfit and some versions of Black Lightning.

I kind of find myself wondering how I'd do a story like this, one meant to deliberately homage/poke fun at the Death of Superman, just in a setting where Cap was the main hero instead of Superman.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I was on vacay for a week, and there was one element that I felt was still missing... I had noticed the artist hadn’t done a “Black Suit” version - the return of the Real Superman. Obviously, in the Captain Marvel mythology, the Black Suit is Black Adam.

Some interesting analogies can be made there... with Shazam amnesiac, maybe Billy has to turn to Black Adam... but If I can find an alternate version of the Captain Marvel suit I like, I will post the idea that came to me. Perhaps a Captain Britain in Captain Marvel colors...

And as for the Easter Eggs the artist uses, he’s really good at that. He has a reimagine DC and Marvel characters by combining some of their best elements - which sometimes means combining elements of different characters into a new version of an old face...
Last edited by Bladewind on Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.