Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: Jab’s Builds (Rash! Jago! Sabrewulf! Riptor! Kim Wu! Spinal!)

Post by Davies »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am A skeleton actor would be an amazing character concept. Grumbles about getting typecast in horror movies, what he really wants to do is direct...
Yeah, make no bones about it, his acting career would be pretty slim pickings, especially if he wants to branch out into more humerus roles. It would be especially bad since he has no body to support him, not with all of the boning he did with his co-workers. He'll have to show some real backbone to get the roles he wants, but I don't see any potential backlash getting under his skin. Maybe he should go into independent films. I hear he can work wonder with a skeleton crew.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'd probably just joke about them being one of the skeletons from Jason And The Argonauts.
Jabroniville

Kan-Ra

Post by Jabroniville »

KAN-RA
Role:
Evil Vizier, Lich Priest
Games: Killer Instinct (2013)
PL 9 (170)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+12)
Athletics 10 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+14)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+7)
Expertise (History) 8 (+11)
Expertise (Magic) 8 (+11)
Intimidation 1 (+5)
Perception 5 (+8)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Improved Critical 2 (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 7

Killer Instinct Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"No Mercy!" Features 1: May Use a Unique Move as a Finishing Move [1]
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 3 [3]

"Swarm" Blast 4 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Cloud) (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses -1) (10) -- [15]
  • AE: "Sacrifice" Damage 5 Linked to Teleport 4 (Feats: Change Direction) (Flaws: Side-Effect- Damage -2) (Quirks: Requires Sand Trap) (7)
  • AE: "Sand Jump" Leaping 2 (30 feet) (Quirks: Requires Sand Trap) (1)
  • AE: "Spike" Move Object 5 (Diminished Range -1, Reduced Defenses -1, Requires Sand Traip) (6)
  • AE: "Sand Geyser/Sting" Damage 5 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1, Requires Sand Trap) (4)
  • AE: "Antlion" Blast 5 (Feats: Indirect- From Behind) (Quirks: Requires Sand Trap, Reduced Defenses -1) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Special Moves +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Sacrifice +13 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Ultra Combo +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Antlion +11 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Swarm +4 Area (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude --, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Power)
Enemy (Aganos)- Kan-Ra is hunted by a war-golem created by his former King.
Responsibility (Egomaniac)- Kan-Ra is overconfident and myopic, often not being able to see the flaws in his great plans.
Quirk Explanation (Sand Traps)- Kan-Ra leaves "Sand Traps" behind while doing Special Moves- these are required to accomplish some of his other moves.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 12 + 7 / Powers: 60 / Defenses: 11 (170)

-Kan-Ra is another new Killer Instinct character- undead like Spinal, he is actually an Ancient Babylonian sorcerer, cursed by a King to walk the Earth as a decaying corpse. In the game, he brings back Gargos while trying to gain more power for himself, and reanimated Eyedol in an attempt to stall GARGOS, meaning that a lot of stuff is his fault. He is reborn in modern times after UltraTech attacks Maya's city.

-Kan-Ra, like most new Fighting Game characters, involves a ton of new powers. He creates "Sand Traps" with some of his moves, and these traps enhance or are required for others. Using them, he can use a Sand Jump, create an Antlion that attacks the foe, use Anti-Air Sand/Scorption Tail attacks, cause severe damage at the expensie of his own health, or throw the enemy. His other moves involve simple attcacks, a "Whirl" that can also be a Blast (if over a Sand Trap), and a Swarm of locusts that hover in the air. It's all very complicated. The character himself is only PL 8 with every attack save one- the "Sacrifice" that is PL 9 (and allows him to transport himself anywhere on the battlefield), but deals damage to himself.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:20 am A skeleton actor would be an amazing character concept. Grumbles about getting typecast in horror movies, what he really wants to do is direct...
Yeah, make no bones about it, his acting career would be pretty slim pickings, especially if he wants to branch out into more humerus roles. It would be especially bad since he has no body to support him, not with all of the boning he did with his co-workers. He'll have to show some real backbone to get the roles he wants, but I don't see any potential backlash getting under his skin. Maybe he should go into independent films. I hear he can work wonder with a skeleton crew.

And that's before we get to how problematic he'd be considered for having an unreasonable standard of beauty/body type. I mean, who could ever live up to that level of thin-ness?
*insert Scanners head explosion gif here*
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 am Yeah, make no bones about it, his acting career would be pretty slim pickings, especially if he wants to branch out into more humerus roles. It would be especially bad since he has no body to support him, not with all of the boning he did with his co-workers. He'll have to show some real backbone to get the roles he wants, but I don't see any potential backlash getting under his skin. Maybe he should go into independent films. I hear he can work wonder with a skeleton crew.

And that's before we get to how problematic he'd be considered for having an unreasonable standard of beauty/body type. I mean, who could ever live up to that level of thin-ness?
Warning to Ken for using Ares’ account.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, Tekken fans, help me out again:

* Do the "Devil" characters use any supernatural powers beyond Winged Flight & that "Devil Beam" thing? In-game, or in the FMVs.

* What skills & Advantages would a Final Fantasy XV character have? Noctis is in the game, but I have no frame of reference for the skillset of whatever a modern Square hero is. Survival? Vehicles? Does he have to wheel & deal, or lie a lot?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Davies wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:49 am :roll: :roll: :roll:
bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:28 am *insert Scanners head explosion gif here*
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 am Warning to Ken for using Ares’ account.
Guess I better stop before you all have a bone to pick with me.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sidious's FASERIP thread brought to light some new information on the Lilin, so I edited a few of my old builds, for those who absolutely HAD TO know what Dark Legion's powers were: viewtopic.php?p=26108#p26108
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:45 amYeah, make no bones about it, his acting career would be pretty slim pickings, especially if he wants to branch out into more humerus roles. It would be especially bad since he has no body to support him, not with all of the boning he did with his co-workers. He'll have to show some real backbone to get the roles he wants, but I don't see any potential backlash getting under his skin. Maybe he should go into independent films. I hear he can work wonder with a skeleton crew.
:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

One of my old OCs was a shapeshifter limited to mythological monsters that worked as an actor in fantasy flicks :P
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:19 am Okay, Tekken fans, help me out again:

* Do the "Devil" characters use any supernatural powers beyond Winged Flight & that "Devil Beam" thing? In-game, or in the FMVs.

* What skills & Advantages would a Final Fantasy XV character have? Noctis is in the game, but I have no frame of reference for the skillset of whatever a modern Square hero is. Survival? Vehicles? Does he have to wheel & deal, or lie a lot?
I did see that the Devil characters were able to teleport as well, so there's that.

Noctis is essentialy a prince on a road trip with his party, from what I know of the game. It's a more modern setting than most Final Fantasy games, featuring cars and modern technology and even gas stations and stuff. The Final Fantasy wiki also says thus:

According to the Final Fantasy XV: Official Works, Noctis's overprotective upbringing has left him with poor interpersonal skills and he comes off as brusque with all but his closest friends. Having witnessed his father work as king has made Noctis respect the position and the dedication needed of a good sovereign, but also fear for the time he would need to assume the throne himself, making interactions with his father a struggle.

So poor interpersonal skills (made up for by his party members), but definitely skill in Vehicles, and Survival (since they have to stop to camp and hunt for cooking ingredients from monsters and the like, as well as monster hunting missions being a thing), and also apparently is good at fishing, and likely advantages that a RPG hero would usually have.

I assume you looked up his powers already, though he can basically summon weapons from thin air and warp and stuff. So yeah, really weird to be in Tekken. I really feel like he'd have fit better in Soul Calibur..slightly, but still more than the Star Wars characters.
Jabroniville

Aganos

Post by Jabroniville »

AGANOS
Role:
Golem
Games: Killer Instinct (2013)
PL 9 (136)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+10)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+6)
Expertise (History) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+7)
Perception 5 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Stones) 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Special Moves), Improved Critical (Unarmed), Ranged Attack 4

Killer Instinct Fighting Style:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Special Moves" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) [1]
"No Mercy!" Features 2: May Use a Unique Move as a Finishing Move, May Add Special Move Damage to Peacemaker [2]

"Living Golem"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
"Giant Size" Features 1: Increased Mass [1]

"Stone Walls" Create Stone 5 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Continuous) [16]

"ULTRAAAAAAAAAAAA COMBO!!!!!" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 10) (Inaccurate -1) (12) -- [16]
  • AE: "War Path" Damage 3 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) Linked to Affliction 6 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (11)
  • AE: "Payload Assault" Blast 5 (Flaws: Source- Stone Walls) (Reduced Defenses -1) (3)
  • AE: "Peacemaker" Strength-Damage +2 (Flaws: Source- Stone Walls) (1)
  • AE: "Fortify Chunk" Protection 2 (Flaws: Source- Stone Walls) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Special Moves +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Peacemaker +9 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Ultra-Combo +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Payload Assault +8 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +8 (+10 Fortify Chunk), Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Learning)- Aganos was given a mission "to learn" by his last master. He thus goes around the world, gathering knowledge about it.
Motivation (Killing Kan-Ra)- Aganos has hunted the evil vizier for centuries, having been given another mission to do so.

Total: Abilities: 20 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 7 + 7 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 12 (136)

-Aganos is a golem introduced in Season Three of the 2013 Killer Instinct remake- much of his original bronze form having been replaced with stone and other natural things over the centuries. He was created to hunt Kan-Ra on behalf of his king, and has been attempting to complete his mission for centuries. His final mission from one of his masters was simply "to think"- to continue to learn. And so Aganos has spent these centuries learning about the world. Curiously, Aganos is the only character to have a "mirrored" sprite (odd for a game with THREE-DIMENSIONAL GRAPHICS)- mainly because one particular arm is used for so many attacks, and they didn't want to mess around with it.

-Aganos has an interesting fighting style based around summoning Stone Walls either behind him or his opponent, and using them to boost "Knockback" damage, and to "fuel" some of his other attacks, such as Peacemaker (a giant war club) and Payload Assault (a Blast). He can also use to to shore up his Protection temporarily. Both Peacemaker and Fortify Chunk thus increase the normal Power Level of Aganos from PL 8 to PL 9- considering his already great strength advantage over most other fighters, this makes him more than competitive enough- given M&M's bias towards Stronger & Tougher characters, Aganos might be the most dangerous of the regular fighters if used properly! His only major flaws are that he has to create the Stone Walls first, and can only use one "Boost" at a time, really.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I really do like the designs of most of the newbies, and I feel that it really really solidifies this series being kinda like a western-made Darkstalkers what with much of the cast being monstrous. (And they even both share the dual life bar mechanic!)
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 am
bsdigitalq wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:28 am *insert Scanners head explosion gif here*
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:42 am Warning to Ken for using Ares’ account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOy6hqzfsAs
Shock

Post by Shock »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 am
Don't feel bad, they were just ribbing you