New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Arkrite »

Happy Birthday, McGuffin!
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 am Happy Birthday, McGuffin!
Thank you! :) it was a good one, finally got to see Into the Spiderverse.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

McGuffin wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:38 am
Arkrite wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 am Happy Birthday, McGuffin!
Thank you! :) it was a good one, finally got to see Into the Spiderverse.
Happy birthday!
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

McGuffin wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:38 am Thank you! :) it was a good one, finally got to see Into the Spiderverse.
I've heard it's pretty good.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:51 amHappy birthday!
Thank you! :)
Arkrite wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:09 amI've heard it's pretty good.
I really liked it, really good Spider-Man movie.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Happy Birthday McGuffin
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Gilliam wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:40 am Happy Birthday McGuffin
Thanks! :)
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

McGuffin wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:03 am I really liked it, really good Spider-Man movie.
I enjoyed the crap out of Into the Spiderverse.

So, it’s been a minute! Life has been insanely hectic, and is showing no signs of letting up... I’m working two jobs (in addition to the main gig, I’ve started counseling people at a weight-loss clinic, so... that’s special); I’m in class and should really be reading that right now, but... meh; I went to London and Paris and had so many bizarre experiences, from turning a double-decker bus into my own private limo to armed soldiers and waking up to a teenage girl masturbating to me; in a twenty-four hour period, I admitted my entire family to three different hospitals. I don’t recommend that. Currently, I’m house-hunting. I don’t recommend that either.

Many apologies for letting this go like this for so long. I don’t have the words to express how disappointed I am in myself.

How are you all doing?
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm house hunting. I don't recommend it either! :lol:
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 am I'm house hunting. I don't recommend it either! :lol:
Right? At the moment, there is an amazing 3BD in Peoria currently going for $59,900. The price has dropped several times, to the point that I know something has to be wrong with it. I’m waiting for the inspection to reveal just what it is. There has to be something. New furnace and AC. Stone fireplace on main level and basement. Hardwood floors all throughout. Redone kitchen. Jetted tub in main bathroom. Finished basement I can see becoming a game room. It looks too good for the price. I’m bracing for the worst. Termintes? Mold? Plumbing issues? Roof leaks? It’s the basis for Shirley Jackson’s The Haunting of Hill House? There’s something terrible here...
Shock

Post by Shock »

You came back. All is forgiven! :D

Arkrite, cancel the bounty hunters
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:37 am You came back. All is forgiven! :D

Arkrite, cancel the bounty hunters
I knew those guys weren’t actually Mormon missionaries! It wasn’t just the ripling muscles, but the special forces tattooes on their necks and that one was clearly wearing a gun holster...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Michuru wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 am Right? At the moment, there is an amazing 3BD in Peoria currently going for $59,900. The price has dropped several times, to the point that I know something has to be wrong with it.
... Wow. I think I have to pay like six times that amount for a crack den.
*check*
Yes. I have to pay six times that amount for a crack den.

Housing prices around here are just silly. Not Vancouver or Toronto insane, but... Well, prices sky rocketed when the oil fields were doing well. Now they're not doing well but everybody needs to make their money back, so the prices remain high...
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:40 am
Michuru wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:35 am Right? At the moment, there is an amazing 3BD in Peoria currently going for $59,900. The price has dropped several times, to the point that I know something has to be wrong with it.
*check*

Housing prices around here are just silly. Not Vancouver or Toronto insane, but... Well, prices sky rocketed when the oil fields were doing well. Now they're not doing well but everybody needs to make their money back, so the prices remain high...
Vancouver and Toronto are freaking nuts.

There is a weird divide between my hometown and Peoria. We’re just twenty minutes apart, but Peoria’s housing is fairly reasonable, where as here, $60 might get you a 2-bedroom slab house, all main level, no garage, in need of a lot of TLC. Also, the property taxes in my county are goofy when compared to Peoria’s.

Everyone here says it’s because Peoria has higher crime. Sure, in some neighborhoods, shootings are fairly commonplace, but that’s not the neighboorhood where I’m looking at moving... and we have some bizarre unsolved mysteries here. Multiple decapitations, or people finding a kid’s jaw bone a year after he vanished... Also, I’ve never had to deal with the Klan in Peoria. Here? They have shown up at busy intersections to try and shove pamphlets at you while you’re stopped at a light.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:56 am
Arkrite wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:40 am
*check*

Vancouver and Toronto are freaking nuts.

There is a weird divide between my hometown and Peoria. We’re just twenty minutes apart, but Peoria’s housing is fairly reasonable, where as here, $60 might get you a 2-bedroom slab house, all main level, no garage, in need of a lot of TLC. Also, the property taxes in my county are goofy when compared to Peoria’s.

Everyone here says it’s because Peoria has higher crime. Sure, in some neighborhoods, shootings are fairly commonplace, but that’s not the neighboorhood where I’m looking at moving... and we have some bizarre unsolved mysteries here. Multiple decapitations, or people finding a kid’s jaw bone a year after he vanished... Also, I’ve never had to deal with the Klan in Peoria. Here? They have shown up at busy intersections to try and shove pamphlets at you while you’re stopped at a light.
Wow. I see where you get your inspiration from, clearly. Glad to see you are back, I was getting worried. Don't want all this wonderful NVAE fun to die off.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe