IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Lad! Young Lad!" Aldan calls approaching the nice house but stopping about 10 paces away. "Where might the mayor's house or offices be?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

The teen stops swinging the axe and looks at the group for the first time. Suspiciously eyeing them he fixes his grip on the axe before looking back at his house then back to Aldan.

"Cross the bridge, big house on the right. Right next to the lake," He says finally, eyes slowly moving from person to person.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Thank you, Good Lad. And what inns are around here? Which would be the best? The Foaming Mug perhaps?" Aldan continues, his look is mildly bored, as if he just expects his questions to be answered.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The kid looks at you for a long moment then rubs the sweat off his forehead with his right hand.

"Foaming Mug's been boarded up for a year now," He says, "Try the Golden Grain."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Oh. A year, eh. Have you and your family been living in that house that entire time? And are you devotees to that place of worship?" Aldan asks, gesturing toward the prosperous-looking cottage on the first question and the stone temple for the second. "Who is that a temple to?" he wonders aloud.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

"Here you go, sir. Bit of magic in it." Tyragorn tossed the boy one of the magic berries. "If you could point me toward Aelric's home, I'll be sure to mention your skill with an axe."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The boy's reaction is immediate, back-peddling away from the thrown berry and actually swipes the axe at it in an attempt to keep it away.

"MA!" he yelps as he backs towards the house.

"What in the name of all the gods are you bellowing about now," Snaps a voice from inside, a few moments later a short older woman stomps out of the house.

The boy points at the group, "They threw a magic rock at me!"

From the barn another two burly young men appear, walking over to join their mother, one packing a pitchfork, the other a shovel and neither looking terribly happy.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan stares agog as the paladin assaults the youth with magic unknown to the layperson. But as the hulabaloo starts his wizard mask reasserts itself.

"Hold!" he calls aloud. "Let us not get ahead of ourselves."

"My man here sought to reward your lad for his information with a berry. It's there on the ground." Aldan points imperiously to the berry on the ground. "Go ahead, check." he says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn held out his empty hands. "Peace, friends. The boy is mistaken. I mean no harm here."
Persuasion check: 1d20+5 21
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

The boy's reaction to a simple magical item was more interesting to Zasio than the slight trouble he was causing. Grabted- candy from strangers and all that, but for the boy to try and hit the berry with his tool had implications that bothered the ranger.

He says nothing, allowing the Paladin, who had vexed the boy, to address the issue.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"A berry?" The older woman looks over at the youngest of her boys.

"He says it's magic and hucks it at me, he did," He said, pointing at Tyragorn.

"Off with the lot of you, afore I call the constable and have him chase the lot of you clear out of town," She snaps, pointing down the road, "And don't you be trying to be using your magics on my kids, or I'll have you myself, I will."

It's hard to tell how the little woman would hope to stand against any of you, but that consideration doesn't seem to have crossed her mind. It's easy to see that none of the small family is very happy at the moment, but they seem content to glare and wait for you to leave.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan smiles thinly; it contains no joy.

Aldan holds out his hand, palm up, and a semi-translucent hand appears over it. Slowly, so as not to startle, the hand floats over to retrieve the berry delicately, then floats back with the magical fruit.

"Good Day."

Aldan gives a scowling glance at the Paladin (which threatens to strain his neck due to the height difference), then turns and walks in the direction indicated for the bridge.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn frowned. "My apologies. We'll leave you to your day." He ignored the elf's judgemental glare. Testing his patience seemed to be one of Aldan's favorite activities but Heironeous gave him the will he needed to stay above it. Instead he turned and headed in the direction, hoping not all of the townspeople of Orlane were so fearful of the gods' powers.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

After they've walked a bit away from the mother and her sons Aldan talks in a low, clipped voice to the rest of his group.
"Well, I didn't get enough clues to solidify my suspicions but I think it quite likely they've been replaced."
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Jessica Bright

"They are just scared." Jessica said bluntly "Just scared, people, Aldan. If it's just of us, we'll find out"