IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 am "And get picked off individually by the doppelgangers and/or fey? Then replaced? Never again being able to trust each other when we came back together? Not even being able to set code words because of them possibly reading our minds through magic?" Aldan says, his pique rising before taking a calming breath. "I'm... not sure that's a good idea there, Buddy."
Georgia shakes her head. "Okay while there are plenty of risks to splitting up, I think you're getting a mite bit too paranoid there. There may be people that will be more willing to talk to one or two of us that might get scared off by the full group so we shouldn't totally rule it out even if its not the best choice right out of the gate. That said talking to the Mayor is a good place to start, we make nice with man in charge of the town and establish our bona fides for being here, at the same time we get the lay of the land a bit so we can figure out the best places to investigate. Either that or we could see about the Inns first, establish a base to operate out of before we start wandering Orlane asking questions. Which ever one we do first the other is a good second."

Georgia thinks to herself for a moment before adding. "If there comes a time where we DO need to split up, I say we use the buddy system and make sure no one goes off on their own. Even if we ain't dealing with fey spooks or mind readers or whatever else Aldan's paranoia can conjure up, we are all more vulnerable when we're by our lonesome than with a partner."
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan looks dubious. "Of all the bard's tales I've heard there are very few where the group splitting up turned out to be a good idea. Whatever force is at work may be replacing whole families, I'm not sure an extra body or two would keep them at bay." he puts up his hands in surrender. "But I bow to the Will of the Group. If we do split up I recommend hand signals and/or callsigns. For what those are worth." Aldan saw his 'reward', nebulously promised by Jarrak, dwindling in his mind's eye.
"Something pithy this way comes."
stavaros_the_arcane

Georgia gives a reassuring smile, "Don't worry, I think we'll be sticking together for the most part. Still no sense discounting an option right off the bat. It'd be like entering an ass kicking contest with your legs tied together."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan considers the analogy thoughtfully. "Bondage and Bottoms.... hmph, must be a theifling thing."

With that, Aldan strides toward the village looking for a receptive house from which to ask directions to the mayor's house. He manner is confident and stately, regal and wizardly.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 13

"People aren't disappearing in daylight. I think I can survive a walk down the street." Tyragorn shrugged. "I would like to find Aelric's home and see my sister."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan scrunches his face wondering how the paladin was sure of the time of day that people were disappearing. "If you wanted to go there first you had only but to ask. Lead on, we'll follow."
Plan b

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Prologue: Fateful Meetings

Post by Plan b »

Jessica Bright

"I doult that will take 5 of us. Why don't me and Tyragorn do that, while, you talk to the mayor and meet in one the inn's afterwards. We're both very visable, armed and armoured. After all your here on "business" and the village is "safe" guards leaving their employer on arrival isn't that odd, if slighty unprofession, if we're going to go under false auspices we should stick to the pretense. " Jessica suggested, during the journey she'd made minor adjustments to her outfit, trading her sun embossed shield to a plain round shield, with a small sun in the center and put her holy symbol under her clothes in an attempt to look less holy.

Reaching in to her pouches she pulled out a handful of berries. "Pelor bless these fruits, so they may sustain the weary. Everyone take two of these berries, they'll heal minor wounds and provide sustenance for one day. They'll last until dawn." She said offering the magically infused berries.
Casting my Goodberries.
2 each they heal 4 hp (1+life domain) each
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

Aldan's paranoia was slightly amusing to the ranger, for all his bravado and boasting it seemed that the elf believed that most everyone else was nearly as dishonest as he was. That irony was not lost upon the ranger. He kept quiet as the others discussed their destination now that they had reached Orlane; in all honesty he wasn't here for that type of thing. Jarrak had asked Zasio to accompany the group to give the older man a bit of comfort in the knowledge there was a cappable and experiened combatant amonst their number.

His job was to keep a lookout for any signs of trouble the group might encounter, and deal with it.

Though the more religious members of the party intent to seperate their number made that a challenge. Though as Zasio glanced over Tyragorn and Jessica, he decided that they should be able to handle themselves given how they carried their weapons with a familarity that came with near-constant training. Though there was a point to be made for training not being the same thing as experience, but the fact that one of the pair was able to cast divine magic and the other was a holy warrior that they'd be fine. Hopefully they'll not get eaten by whatever it is secretly attacking this town, Jakkar would never forgive me. He thought to himself.

When Jessica offered the Goodberries, Zasio quietly took the ones offered to him with a slight smile and a nod of his head. Wanting to keep the group from arguing too much on the subject he interjects. "We can let Jessica and Tyragorn pursue this other contact that is likely more friendlier to us given her connection to Tyragorn. For now we should be fine as whoever is behind the events will likely watch us at most to gage just how much of a threat we are to them, giving us time to do at least get an idea of what is going on."
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan relents. "Fine."

He consults his notes. "Since the indications are the Foaming Mug may be shut down - something we should look into. Let's meet at the biggest inn, Golden Grain - more people means the more information Georgia can likely glean from the crowd. We'll do a call and response, maybe they can't read minds immediately. The call is... 'Heads or Tails?' the response is 'On the Edge.' If either side gets a confusion response or anything else treat the others as replaced and likely hostile."

He'll nod his thanks as he tucks the two berries into a pocket with a pang of nostalgia. His mother was an experienced druid and he was very used to this manifestation of power.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Thank you, Jessica." Tyragorn put the berries in a pouch, careful not to squish them. "And thank you for accompanying me." He stared at the fast talking elf, trying to keep up. "You mean a password? As you wish. Should we meet at sundown?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

Aldan nods. "It's Mid-day now so, sundown works. Give us a brief verbal set of directions to your sister's house in case you don't show up or come back... changed." he says, not taking chances.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn sighed. "I have never been to her home. She moved away from our village last year and I haven't visited her yet. If you ask for Aelric or Ailla, someone should know where they live."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan

"Allright, just keep your wits about you. Don't trust anyone. Maybe you'll live longer... and I can get that bonus from Jarrak." Aldan says with a nod.
stavaros_the_arcane

GEORGIA FIDDLER
hp 9
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:35 am Aldan

"Allright, just keep your wits about you. Don't trust anyone. Maybe you'll live longer... and I can get that bonus from Jarrak." Aldan says with a nod.
"Aww, it almost sounds like you really care about us, Aldy." Georgia says with a mocking smile. "Now lets go talk to Mayor, so you can razzle dazzle him with your important wizardliness."

She collects her two good berries from Jessica. "Thank you kindly Jessica. Tyragon, hope you find your kinfolk safe and well. You two both be careful now y'hear."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

As you walk down the hill and down into the city you can see the stonework of the temple to your right (the north), standing tall above the the town.

As you get closer the building directly to your left (17 on map) is a badly run down house. The doors and shutters swing freely in the wind, and the yard around the house is choked with weeds. To the south of it is a barn that has collapsed in on itself.

In a night and day comparison the house to your right (18) seems to be well kept and shows signs that the family living there is doing well. The equipment is well kept, the buildings painted, the only signs that maybe it isn't as good as it used to be is the flowerbeds that have been abandoned and is now home to more weeds than flowers. Outside a strapping young lad is stripped to the waist, chopping and stacking wood beside the house.

The building on the other side of the road to the north (16) you see the back of what appears to be an abandoned building. With the windows being boarded over, and a few easily visible holes in the roof it's hard to think it could be anything else. From this side it's hard to tell, but it appears to be much larger than the other houses in the area. The entrance must be off to the north or the west.

South of the abandoned building is another house. A wooden board in the shape of a saw hangs high over the well-constructed building. The front part of the structure is unwalled and inside of this breezy workshop you can see men hard at work building wooden furniture. Many tools are scattered around, and some boards are stacked across sawhorses.

Getting closer you can hear the ringing sound of metal on metal which many of you would recognize as the sounds of a blacksmith at work coming from the west.

As you see off to the north (19) on your way down it appears that their is a small house in front of what might be a hog farm, and a teenage boy idly watching some chickens scratch around out front.

OOC: This is what you'll be able to see as you enter the area from the east. You're coming down the road listed as "To Hookhill"