The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

"Okay, I keep doing this, but its not intentional, so don't start calling me Obi-Wan or by the name of your favourite Jedi character..." Despite the jovial turn of phrase and reference, Koral is serious.

"I get it. None of us can think of any real skeletons in our closets. But this Tattletate... I know her type. When we meet her, our thoughts will betray us. She will route out crap from our pasts that we'd rather not. The more we try to hide things the more they will bubble up. Doesn't make us weak. None of us were really trained to deal with telepathy from birth.

"The important thing will be how we deal with whatever she dredges up. Personally, if you turn out to be a White Martian I could care less. I read the mission report Long and I saw how you stood up for Torque. That's called loyalty. It's being there for the people on your team. As long as we stand by each other I say let her find out our secrets."

He shrugs.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I don't really have any dark secrets. Up till I got powers, I led a fairly normal life." she shrugged. "My darkest secret was I was pretty ordinary before the Merge." she grinned.

"If we are dealing with a telepath, however latent, we can screw with her a little."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Not a telepath," Long says, reading his wrist-mounted display quickly. "wiki says she's a 'Thinker' - figures out stuff by noticing details. I've been reading up on her."

Long says this as they are heading to the meeting location.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Damn." she shook her head. "Should have worn a different outfit then." she quipped.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Tattletale has chosen a boringly normal place, an apartment complex in one of the poorer areas of Baltimore. From the outside, you see little in the way of surveillance and the few teenagers standing around do their best to ignore you.
Since the Joker's rampage a few months after the Merge, the city has still not fully recovered and the fact that the port had been attacked by Deep Ones during the Incursion did not help.
There is an aura of apprehension hanging over the place.

As you approach the door, the buzzer sounds even before you touch it...
" Sixth floor", a calm voice sounds through the speakers. Tattletale.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long will head in first. "Risk the elevator or make this a leg day?" he asks indicating the stairs.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

"Elevator. Unless the elevator musak is Star Wars."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"You just invoked Murphy there y'know." she laughed and looked around. "I'd do it and I'm a white hat," she called out cheerfully to Tattletale, whom she knew was listening in.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Long hits the elevator's call button and waits.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The elevator begins to rise...and a moment later the Imperial March is being played over the speakers.
Apparently, she cannot resist.

When you leave the elevator, you see a young man pointing at a door down the corridor. Behind it is a small room filled with a sofa, a low table, a desk with four computer screens on it which show a constantly shifting stream of news and a chair in front of it. On said desk you see a young woman, barely scratching her 20s. She is wearing a black costume with a T over her chest and a smaller t crossing it.

She smiles. " Welcome to my humble abode..."

kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Said the spider to the fly." the air bender quipped easily as she walked in.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Thanks", Tattletale smiles. Swiveling around on her chair, she leans back, hands folded, her expression one of smug superiority.
" So...I don't think introductions are necessary. You", she says, nodding at Morgan, " are the Jedi. It's an honor. Now...where to start?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"First, I'd like to say that I'm not interested in an adversarial or 'frenemies' relationship with you. You know your 'secret identity' and exploits are available for public consumption including your tendency towards manipulation of people less intelligent than you are... which is everyone. I don't know where in your timeline you're from but your modus operandi is pretty consistent. I'm curious what your motivations are now." he say.

"Like, Why did your organization choose to risk exposing the cover of our team in a potentially lethal situation by having very obvious out-of-place suits come and talk to us?" Long asks annoyed at the turn of events.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral

Koral is more than a little surprised by Long's approach. Pleasantly so.

"My colleague makes a fair point." Koral agrees, "And although I appreciate the compliment, I fail to see what pointing out my status as a Jedi accomplishes.

"Perhaps starting where Long suggests..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Agreed. At worst, you could have gotten us killed or worse back there with that stunt." she wagged her finger. "It doesn't exactly endear us to you...."

Battle Init