OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by EpicEclipse »

but it doesn't HAVE to be ;)
Flynnarrel

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Flynnarrel »

Made a moderate modification to Aldan. Decided I wanted to try an elvish charlatan-rogue, it's an archetype we don't see as often. [Halfling felt cliched].

Would also make more sense if we get to level 3 to make an Arcane Trickster (where I wanted to head) if he's an elf rather than halfling. (Also disguises are more useful to a medium creature than to a small one).

(The problem with such long recruiting times is I end up re-thinking my character over and over again. :? )
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I have the same problem Flynn. So far I've been good about not doing, although given how much I struggled making Zasio goes a long way in keeping me from doing it.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:09 pm I have the same problem Flynn. So far I've been good about not doing, although given how much I struggled making Zasio goes a long way in keeping me from doing it.
I think your struggle's not over, for 5E favored enemies it seems you choose one of the listed types or two humanoid races. When you changed beasts to orcs you should choose another humanoid as well... Since you were a soldier, maybe humans would be valid?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:59 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:09 pm I have the same problem Flynn. So far I've been good about not doing, although given how much I struggled making Zasio goes a long way in keeping me from doing it.
I think your struggle's not over, for 5E favored enemies it seems you choose one of the listed types or two humanoid races. When you changed beasts to orcs you should choose another humanoid as well... Since you were a soldier, maybe humans would be valid?
I knew, but planned to talk to the GM about a suggestion for the second favored enemy if Zasio was chosen for the game.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:09 pm I knew, but planned to talk to the GM about a suggestion for the second favored enemy if Zasio was chosen for the game.

Smart.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 pm
Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:09 pm I knew, but planned to talk to the GM about a suggestion for the second favored enemy if Zasio was chosen for the game.

Smart.
Thanks. :D
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Okay, last couple of days here.
The characters submitted so far seem good.

To my understanding the only person left to post a build who has shown interest is Shock.

If anybody has questions or wants to submit a character now is a good time to let me know.
Thanks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm almost there. I should have a character up tomorrow
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Pretty diverse set of submissions. I think the only classes not represented (keeping in mind I don't know what Shock is building) is the wizard and sorcerer.

That'll be pretty nice for constructing the team.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Really is a pretty full spectrum of playstyles and builds, I didn't expect there were so many of us who knew or wanted to play some 5e on this board.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

we are light on casters.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorcerers and Wizards tend not to be seen too much in low-level one-shots because of their limited number of spells and the limited number of things they can do outside of combat at low levels. If we were playing something around the 10ish range, or something we knew would be going beyond the first few levels, we'd probably see more of them.

Personally, I'd just been wanting to try a barbarian, and being restricted to the PHB was a pretty good opportunity to NOT use characters I had already played before.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

My last two characters have been Doctor Mercury, who is basically a wizard in theme if not playstyle, and Pistolero, who was basically a sorcerer with the Urchin background. So I decided to try something a bit different.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:50 am we are light on casters.
Plus side, both of them can heal.