[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:51 am Now im confused because I thought id made it clear she was sticking with Skoldir while hoping Cindy followed :?
You were running back and forth for a bit, but the last follow action I see was explicitly following Cindy with the post before having you going to her, going Replica would follow. It probably doesn't help that there were two rooms with computers. I probably should have posted static images of the map. The dynamic view apparently doesn't load well on phones.

As regards converging, as the map shows, there's four doors into the room, and it looks like the group only missed one of them. :-)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yeah, guessing it's behind the big stone wall that Hope ignored because of how inconsequential it seemed. xD
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I just checked the map- Before she actually get's moving, do we notice that there seems to be a door there?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:48 am I just checked the map- Before she actually get's moving, do we notice that there seems to be a door there?
It should be pretty evident. :) Theoretically, she wouldn't be certain everyone was there, but exact mapping is part of the RPG experience. :-D Do you just want to edit your post to have her rush over and try to open the door? Unfortunately, like most non-secret doors in this module, it's locked. DC 20 Technology skill check to open, or Toughness 10.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I think it might be better for her to give that a try then going the long way around...

Edit: Edited the post with a finishing move Vs. The door.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:16 amRegarding Skolldir's constructs, Hope hasn't dropped that armor in case we needed to go that way again.
Ah. I was thinking they vanished when you used the effect somewhere else, especially with Proportional limiting your volume versus Toughness. But I guess you are right that by the book, they stick around until dismissed. There's probably an upper limit, but two invocations wouldn't likely hit it. I'll remove them getting goobered.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I've never seen anything to indicate a limit to the number of objects you can create or that the volume indicated by the power's rank is treated as a pool amongst all you created objects. Create with Permanent would be crippled in an instance like that since permanent objects cannot be negated or dismissed.

Create can be kind of overpowered if you stop and examine it. You could have a character whose power is just making gold or some other valuable material. You could construct buildings in practically no time flat. Make a giant sphere of water to flood an area. Create is a power where descriptors can be very important and have a huge impact on how the power interacts, especially when it's permanent and precise.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Normally, the Recover Action is only a combat thing (recovery taking longer outside of combat), but given it's a high-stakes situation with time pressure, it kind of makes sense to include the entirety of the maze as a single combat event. On the other hand, when Doctor Malsyn asked about Cindy recovering from Fatigue, I think I indicated normal rest rules. I'll think it over and post later today.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:41 pm Normally, the Recover Action is only a combat thing (recovery taking longer outside of combat), but given it's a high-stakes situation with time pressure, it kind of makes sense to include the entirety of the maze as a single combat event. On the other hand, when Doctor Malsyn asked about Cindy recovering from Fatigue, I think I indicated normal rest rules. I'll think it over and post later today.
Eh, we're at the end of the adventure. It seems reasonable enough.

And truthfully, the module has a single Disable Device (now Technology, presumably) check, so we might be at the very end, but for the wrap-up.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Despite the sudden absences from various players, I had fun. I think I may try to spin this into a more general Hero High game if people are interested. But not right away. Too many things going on at the moment for me to dive back into a game. Maybe in a week or so.

Feel free to post about any of the bits I glazed over.

I'd write more, but I really have to head out. I'll check in again tonight.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It really was fun, in spite of all those previous hangups. thanks for running it for us Fuzz! If you do get to thinking about turning out rag-tag group of teens into our own junior-hero super team in the future, I'd love to have at it.

Oh, and thanks to Epic and Camus for showing up when they did, even if it wasn't for too terribly long from an in-game standpoint. I had fun interacting with them, and want to see Skoldir and Tough continue to butt heads in the future. A classic Jock Vs. Nerd set up of a situation right there.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Thanks for adding us in.

I'd be down for a teen game in most circumstances, if as Hope, or someone else.

Looking at what we have present, assuming everyone remaining sticks around;

Tough Stuff: A super straightforward brawler tank
Titaness: A size-changing brawler with a lightning bolt
Skolldir: An inventor that relies on summoned bomb-bots
Hope: A sound-based melee energy controller

We are super melee-based and minimalist on mobility powers. We actually make a really interesting "underdogs" style team for our lack of versatility in power sets. (Though I put forward an alternate character that could give a little more flexibility in the skill sector, without breaking that more underdog-esque feel of the team)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I hadn't really considered how Quirk's games could feel like a cheat to the characters. They generally are, though. Tremendous cosmic powers, and he is oddly tidy about getting all of the pieces back in the box, something which was possible information garnered by a Knowledge check I called for early in the adventure. Failure with the bomb would have involved all of you living through a brief experience of the bomb going off and it's effects, and Quirk delivering a speech about how disappointed he was that you lost the game before restoring you to normal. As is usual with Quirk, it's ambiguous whether it was all real and he changed it back, it was an alternate dimension, or all just illusions.

You're free to pitch Maverick. Others are welcome to pitch new characters, or changes. One thing I am probably going to ask going forward is a standard template for character sheets, just for my convenience, and standardization of everyone posting the usual header of the character name, condition, and Hero Points. It just makes life easier for me. Does anyone have objections to the standard HeroLab BBCode with power points spent listed?

We also do have the question of whether we want more people. Recruiting is its own separate pain, but it's doable. Honestly, mainly I hate having to tell people their character isn't a good fit, or that someone else did it better for the particular game.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'll need a text template for the HeroLab thing because I don't have or use HeroLab. I do all my stuff freehand on notepad xD But I am more than happy to follow a set template for uniformity.

As for recruiting.... we have 4 fairly solid players, 5 if Maycn even comes back, so I don't think we really NEED to recruit anyone else at this point.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:54 amAs for recruiting.... we have 4 fairly solid players, 5 if Maycn even comes back, so I don't think we really NEED to recruit anyone else at this point.
For that matter, if ToastBurglar, L-Space, Batgirl III, or NunyaB come back, we could probably weave them in. Maybe not all of them...