B.A.D. People (M&M 3e-Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: B.A.D. People (M&M 3e Recruiting until 1/8)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Bladewind wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:23 amJust saw - I find it interesting that you chose a Star Lord pic in the end.
I had considered the third one you'd put up, but I tried doing searching for other versions of Star Lord and the one I found just hit the Captain America in SPACE! theme so much better.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Work was a little busier than I expected, but I also redesigned the overall "strategy" of the character. Just needs some final touches and editing on the fluff, but I am overall happy with the outcome.

And I came up with a nice name; Endglanz
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Alright, I think I came up with an interesting character. I had a lot of fun playing with the loose framework of the FC Cosmic setting.
Outsider:
PL:
Strength 12 (2)
Stamina 10
Agility 5
Dexterity 0
Fighting 4
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 2

Skills: Insight 4 (+8), Perception 2 (+6), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Combat [Primal Power Array] 10 (+10)

Advantages: Close Attack 4, Fearless

Powers: Agent Of The Norn:
Comprehend 2 [Languages: Understand All, You’re Understood]
Feature 1 [You command respect among other cosmic beings and PLX entities that wouldn’t normally consider you a peer]
Enhanced Skill 4 [Investigation +8] (Flaw: Limited [Only for use with Well-Informed checks])
Enhanced Advantage 1 [Well-Informed]
Feature 1 [Not Affected by changes made to reality & recalls what previous versions were]

Primal Empowerment:
Enhanced Will 5
Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Impervious Toughness 12
Movement 1 [Environmental Adaptation (Zero-G)]
Protection 2

Primal Power Array:
Cosmic Balance: Nullify 12 [Resisted by Will] [Counters Entropy, Anti-Energy & Anti-Matter Effects] (Extras: Effortless, Simultaneous); (Flaw: Side Effect [Damage 14])
-Fires Of Fate: Ranged Cosmic Damage 14
-Internalized Power: Enhanced Strength 10 (Extra: Penetrating 12)

Cosmic Propulsion:
Atmospheric: Flight 9
-Space:Movement 3 [Space Travel 3]

Offense: Initiative +5
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +0 //Primordial Power Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +12* [Impervious]
Fortitude +10
Will +10

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 10+ Advantages 5+ Powers 97+ Defenses 16= 180 pts.

Height: 6'4”
Weight: 223 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Losing Touch: Because of how he became the Agent of the Norn, Outsider has begun to forget where he comes from. This makes it increasingly difficult for him to relate to other sentient beings, and the plights of more grounded individuals can be difficult for him to understand.

Motivation ~Protector : Outsider has dedicated himself to defend the powerless, smite evil, and help those in need.

The Chosen One: Outsider has been chosen by the Norn to become her agent in the cosmos; this means he takes on many dangerous and challenges. While he is not afraid of what he faces, he does not always like where that path leads.

Background: Kevin Marley grew up in Freedom City surrounded by some of the most well known heroes of the world, and when he manifested superhuman abilities of his own during his teenaged years he joined that world and attended Claremont Academy. There Kevin learned how to use his powers while gaining a solid high school education and making a fair amount of friends among his fellow students.

During his senior year at Claremont, Kevin earned an audition with the Freedom League which turned into membership upon his graduation where he quickly built a reputation as a reliable, up and coming hero. Then he found himself summoned, alongside several other heroes he kind of recognized, by the Norn to save several universes from Omega’s plot to add them all to the Terminus. After traveling to Erde, Earth Ape, Anti-Earth then returning home to find and disable Omega’s Entropic Bombs the group faced the Lord of the Terminus head on with a device one of their number had assembled from parts taken from the different Entropic Bombs. Kevin bravely held Omega’s attention while the group’s weapon powered up but was forced to sacrifice himself to keep his opponent in place when the final shot was made.

The Entropic energy tore away at Kevin’s body like it did to the Lord of the Terminus, while Omega was forced to retreat back to the Terminus Kevin was erased from existence. However, the Norn would not allow such a sacrifice go in vain, saving Kevin and using her Primal Power to rebuild the nearly destroyed hero and gave him a new life to replace the one he’d lost – acting as her agent across the galaxies stopping threats before they become too dangerous.

Now he roams the galaxies a man without a home or family of his own, a true outsider.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

ImageImage
Name: Endglanz
Race: Starforged Sword
Height: Approximately 5’6” from pommel to tip
Weight: Approximately 50-ish lbs, made of dense alloy
Power Level: 12
Power Points: [180/180]
Hero Points: 1
[10]ABI [16]DEF [11]SKI [9]ADV [133]POW
[10]Abilities
Strength: 0
Stamina: -
Agility: 0
Dexterity: 0
Fighting: 6
Intellect: 0
Awareness: 4
Presence: 0
[*]Combat[*]
Initiative: +8 (Improved Init 2)
Cosmic G.: +12 DC22 Resist
Starshine S.: +12 DC27 Tgh (Improved Crit 1)
[16]Defenses
Toughness: +15 (0+15)
Dodge: +6 (0+6)
Parry: +8 (6+2)
Fortitude: Immune
Will: +12 (4+8)
[11]Skills(22/22sp)
C.C (Cosmic Combat) 6 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+12)
[10]Advantages
Agile Feint, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Smash, Interpose, Move-by Action, Set-Up, Takedown, Teamwork
[133]Powers
[37pp] Cosmic Alloy: Protection 15; Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds), Immortality 5 (1 day); Immunity 20 (Energy Damage), Limited to One type of energy at a time (Changeable once per round as a free action)
[39pp] Unliving: Immunity 38 (Aging, Critical Hits, Fortitude effects, Sensory Affliction effects), Feature (May use Extra Effort, but suffers Fatigue/Exhaustion normally for doing so)
[2pp] Self-Propulsion: Flight 1 (60ft, 4 mph)

[5pp] Awareness: Senses 6 (Accurate, Acute, Radius, Ranged Mental, Extended [Mental]), Quirk (Cannot be used to target with Perception ranged powers)
[6pp] Understanding: Comprehend (Languages) 3 (Understand all Languages and be understood by all simultaneously)

[11pp] Cosmic Utility, Array 10 points, 1 Alternate Effect
[10] Illusory Avatar: (10) Illusion (All Senses) 2, Independent, Limited to Avatar;
[10] Wielder’s Boon: (6) Immunity 7 (Environmental Effects, All Suffocation), Affects Others Only, Noticeable, Sustained; (2) Enhanced Power 1 (Mind Reading 1, Linked Senses, Simultaneous, Limited to Endglanz, Limited to Linked Senses), Affects Others Only; (1) Enhanced Power 1 (Senses 1 (Communication Link: Endglanz)), Affects Others Only; (1) Senses 1 (Communication: Wielder)

[16pp] Cosmic Mobility: Array, 13 points, 3 Alternate Effects
[13] Cosmic Current: Movement 3 (Space Travel 3), Affects Others
[13] High Speed: Flight 6 (½ mile; 250 mph * After added to Self-Propulsion), Aquatic
[13] Acceleration: Enhanced Power (Flight) 7 (½ Mile; 250mph * If no existing ranks of Flight), Affects Others Only, Aquatic, Reduced Trait (Self-Propulsion)
[13] Fold Space: Teleport 1 (60ft), Change Direction, Change Velocity, Increased Mass 9 (200 tons)

[17pp] Cosmic Combat, Array 13 Points, 4 Alternate Effects
[13] Cosmic Grasp: Move Object 12, Accurate 6, Precise, Concentration, Distrating
[13] Starshine Slash: Damage 12, Improved Critical
[13] Cosmic Construct: Create 12, Impervious, Stationary, Tether, Concentration, Proportionate
[11] Cosmic Shield: Impervious Toughness 15, Distracting, Concentration; Protection 3, Impervious, Sustained
[13] Nebular Field: Concealment 2 (Visual), Area: Cloud 3 (60ft radius), Attack, Extended Range (400ft max range), Ranged
Complications:
Motivation [Identity]: Endglanz was created by ancient cosmic beings as a weapon, and as a weapon is how Endglanz has spent many lifetimes between periods of dormancy. Now, Endglanz wants to live for itself, create its own identity and experience life the way the other living beings it has come into contact with do.

Motivation [Purpose]: Endglanz has been used for both good and evil through the eons of its existence. Endglanz decidedly prefers being used for good, so now while operating under its own independence, has decided to dedicate its purpose to aiding the forces of good.

Limited Physiology: Despite being sentient and sapient, Endglanz is still a sword. It lacks the obvious physical advantages of limbs and relies entirely on its powers for mobility, communication, and interaction with its surroundings. Even at that, there are some things Endglanz simply cannot do, such as taste or smell.

Enemy: Endglanz’s status is legendary; a cosmic sword with incredible power and potential. It is sought by collectors and power-seekers alike who will go to all manner of lengths to obtain it. Many don’t know the full extent of Endglanz’s sentience and sapience and think it simply a powerful artifact with something akin to artificial intelligence.

Powerloss: The ancients that created Endglanz knew that in creating an intelligent and effectively “living” weapon was a dangerous endeavor, so crafted a failsafe within the cosmic magitechnical process to contain Endglanz if they ever lost control of the sword. A number of sheathes comprised of the same material as Endglanz were also commissioned. These days, the sheaths are scattered to the cosmos, though besides being found, they can also be recreated, and information regarding this particular weakness is part of Endglanz’s own legend, so harder to obtain than to know about. When sheathed in such a scabbard, Endglanz is effectively dormant, unable to communicate, use any of its powers or maintain any manner of awareness. (Specifically, while sheathed, Endglanz loses access to everything but Cosmic Alloy and Unliving powers, and effectively has absent Dexterity, Agility, Awareness, and Presence)
Background:
Endglanz was forged by an ancient race that had at one time unlocked the secrets of the cosmos. More specifically, by a crazed member of the species attempting to forge the “ultimate weapon”. In those early days, Endglanz’s self-awareness was fledgling, childlike. It didn’t understand good and bad, simply the orders of the one who wielded it. What was wrought with its power didn’t matter, nor did the fate of any particular wielder. Endglanz only knew violence for a time, as it was sheathed and lost the ability to be aware while sheathed in one of the special sheathes created to contain its power.

One day something changed though. Endglanz was drawn by one of a different species. Apparently, it had been dormant for a very long time and the race that had forged it was gone somewhere. The being that known possessed Endglanz was unable to explain as they didn’t know of the other race. Apparently, Endglanz had fallen from the sky like a meteorite. This cycle has occurred multiple times over countless centuries and millennia. Wars have been fought on worlds for who would possess Endglanz. And bit by bit, Endglanz learned and became more self-aware as something more than simply a weapon to be held and commanded.

This discovery led to Endglanz learning it could command its own powers without someone holding its hilt, as well as tapping into powers no wielder even knew about, including its own creators. With this new awareness and knowledge, Endglanz left to travel and explore, learning about what it means to be a living being in its own right and find a purpose and destiny for itself on its own terms.
Personality:
Endglanz’s alien nature as a sword, and the variety and conflicting knowledge of interaction ability really doesn’t leave Endglanz in a good position for interacting in anything less than an alien way. While it does not act like it is superior to others inherently, it does recognize it has strengths where other species have weaknesses, while also understanding it has limitations itself, some of which it will never be able to truly overcome.

The “avatar” that Endglanz crafts using cosmic energy, while not tangible, it how it chooses to interact with others, as it has found trying to speak to them with only its own true sword form has had….interesting, but usually unconducive results. This avatar is based on Endglanz’s original creators.
Combat Role:
Endglanz has a lot of mobility and its perceptive abilities are fair, but its greatest strength is its defensive capabilities. Endglanz is ironically a fantastic shield for its allies but works in tandem well whether being wielded directly or acting independently. If held by someone, Endglanz can grant them enhanced mobility (Using its own move actions to Fold Space, or passively use Accelerate) and senses through Share Awareness.

Offensively, Endglanz is as straightforward as a sword with cosmic power can be with a limited, but an effective number of options. It works best when acting in Team Attacks or otherwise using the Aid Action to assist allies.
Power Profile:
Endglanz is built like a cross between a construct and a melee energy controller. On its own, it’s a very durable striker with a few tricks like Nebular Field to rob enemies of their ability to see, while not impacting Endglanz (or anyone wielding it) due to its own senses.

Where Endglanz really shines is its sensory powers that it can share and cannot be impeded itself, its mobility and its defensive capabilities that starts with Illusory Avatar when acting independently.

The avatar acts like a cat’s paw, something for enemies to attack at least until they figure out it’s an illusion and can reason out that the sword is the true form to be attacking. Beyond that, Endglanz can throw up defensive barriers with Cosmic Construct to impede enemies. Its own Cosmic Alloy can adapt to different energy types, though it can only adapt to one energy at a time. And under all that is a bulky toughness score.

In essence, Endglanz was built to be ironically mediocre on the offense and really shine in defensive and cooperative tactics.

As always, constructive criticism and catching of mistakes id encouraged and appreciated. I do think it might need a little tweaking as well....there are a few details I don't care for how they are set up.. but I wanted to get the current iteration up before I go to sleep. (And since I am sleepy...some numbers may not have been updated, so I do expect there may be some inconsistencies in the numbers...but I should be close to 180 overall.)

Update 1
:arrow: I streamlined the Avatar/Wielder array. Basically, the Wielder's Boon grants Mind Reading Sensory Link and a Communication Link (In addition to partial Life Support) as well as bringing Endglanz's own communication link with its wielder online. This allows the wielder to utilize Endglanz's Awareness power, and Endglanz can translate in real time. It made more sense to do this than to repeat the power just adding "Affects Others" in an array where the only really difference was the addition of Life Support and removal of Illusion.
:arrow: This actually saved a few points rearranging things this way, so Endglanz got the third rank of Comprehend, and 1 rank of Takedown
Update 2
:arrow: Changed the Awareness power into more of a spatial awareness, rather than improved visual faculties. Also added a quirk to nip any potential breaking issues in the bud in that it simply can't be used to target with perception range powers.
:arrow: With the 7 points saved doing that, Dex was brought up to 0(4pp), bought two ranks of Improved Initiative and a rank of Set-up(3pp)
:arrow: Cosmic Grasp was changed from a Perception ranged pwoer back to the default range, with the points being moved to ranks of Accurate.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Man, you always make some really clever and creative builds. I'm practically envious of it. :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Working on a concept and just want to verify the time period the game is set in. Is it modern day, a decade or more in the future or in the recent past? Thanks.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:17 pm Working on a concept and just want to verify the time period the game is set in. Is it modern day, a decade or more in the future or in the recent past? Thanks.
Modern era. Trips to Earth might include encounters with the Freedom League.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:03 pm Man, you always make some really clever and creative builds. I'm practically envious of it. :lol:
I appreciate the praise. :oops: I just like trying to challenge myself. Patronus would have been easy to scale up, he's just a winged warrior archetype. Endglanz has more moving parts and technical aspects to consider, like how to allow another player to grab the hilt and work together with them, but without upsetting action economy or creating some kind of unholy abomination in terms of raw power (which was one of Horsen's raise concerns with the concept initially).

I think I did a good job in making wielding Endglanz be worthwhile, but in no way necessary. Now I just need to go through and make sure all the costs are correct and address any issues.

EDIT: So I've given Endglanz a thorough once-over. The numbers should be correct in all areas (unless of course I missed something....it happens.) Notes for what I have done change-wise is at the bottom of the original post, but really I just streamlined how one of its powers works in regards to how it gives access to powers to someone wielding it so it works a little cleaner.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Would it be a conflict if my submission also came from the Lor Republic? If so, I have a couple of other background ideas. Thanks.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:00 pm Would it be a conflict if my submission also came from the Lor Republic? If so, I have a couple of other background ideas. Thanks.
That should be fine. The Lor Republic (or what remains of it within the Khanate) is a big place. Two characters from inside it should pose no problem.

@Endglanz...powers that counter and penetrate concealment along with perception range attacks? That's gamebreaking potentially, so that gets a big fat "no bueno" from me. There's a bit about this concept I find as annoying in practice as I imagined I might, but that's the most egregious issue at first glance.

@Outsider...At first glance I like him. I'll have to ruminate on the agent of the Norn to see what kind of mischief I could wreak with that concept. :twisted:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm @Endglanz...powers that counter and penetrate concealment along with perception range attacks? That's gamebreaking potentially, so that gets a big fat "no bueno" from me. There's a bit about this concept I find as annoying in practice as I imagined I might, but that's the most egregious issue at first glance.
Hmm...that's a fair point. Chalk it up to an oversight I guess since I wasn't really thinking on those lines with Move Object, but thinking on it, even if I were to do something to rout that, another oversight comes to mind, since Endglanz can share senses, that would mean anyone with perception powers could be made more effective.

I am more than happy to adjust the build. Thinking more on it, I can drop Move Object back to ranged and shift the points to Accurate, though that doesn't solve the other problem. Perhaps I will adjust the sense as a whole into something less potentially abusable.

What other issues did you have a concern about?
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Horsenhero wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pmThat should be fine. The Lor Republic (or what remains of it within the Khanate) is a big place. Two characters from inside it should pose no problem.
Any particular concerns about Lieutenant Magna-Lor?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Quick question, how long ago did the Lor homeworld get attacked by the Collapsar and Star Khan invaded the Republic?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Just because I tend to do this when I apply to games:

Facet Doctor Malsyn
Lt Magna-Lor Enigmatic One
Salvo Bladewind
Outsider Tattooedman
Endglanz EpicEclipse
Stargirl Captain Chaos
Kaiju Bill from Accounting
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Okie dokie, I applied to fixes to the specifically raised issues and outlined the changes that were made at the bottom of my post. The fixes actually served to streamline the Awareness power, and I actually feel better about it this way than cramming a ton of stuff into visual senses. It also makes more sense for a sword to have spatial awareness rather than true vision. Lacking eyes and all that.