OOC: Against the Cult of the Reptile God - D&D 5E - Recruiting Closed

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Arkrite »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:54 am Scarf
Needs more scarf!

Everything looks okay at first glance with one exception: I have a question in regards to the Speed you have listed. It's set at 35, but 30 feet is the default for elves.
Was this a typo or did I just miss where he got the bonus?
Thanks.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Interest/Recruitment D&D 5E - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Closing Jan 19

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He's called scarf because he wears a headscarf. :lol:

His subtype is technically Wood Elf, and they have a feature which makes them a little bit quicker. I simply refer to him as a Desert Elf as we're sticking to core.
Fleet of Foot
Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ah, neat.
Of course now I have the urge to see how fast I can make a character... I'm sure the PCs would in no way be annoyed by a character they can't quite catch up to. ;~)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Big update for Jade. Mostly just need to insert a few flavor details and her combat details, but largely done.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm Is there enough niche protection between a (half)orc mounted raider and a dwarven bar brawler? Both being barbarians?
Just noticed this.

It's probably more up to Arkrite on this one. It's only 4 characters for the party, so he'll probably prefer them as diverse as possible.

That said, I don't really mind. I haven't given too much thought to progression since this might be a one-shot sort of deal down an adventure path only going to level 3-4. But Barbarians before level 3 are really only different in their weapon loadout and personal characteristics. Mechanically they are basically the same.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I did get the feeling that it seems as though a lot of us all wanted to try rolling up somw materials out of coincidence. Might have to go reroll as a wizard or something if that keeps up. ;)
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:54 am I did get the feeling that it seems as though a lot of us all wanted to try rolling up somw materials out of coincidence. Might have to go reroll as a wizard or something if that keeps up. ;)
I assume you meant "martials"? :P

I mainly just picked something I figured would be fun to play in the early levels without worrying too much about post-early-level since we may not play that far.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yes, I did mean martials. Phone isnt familiar with gaming terms at all...

I picked out Scarf, as literally the first thing that came to mind when I saw a new D&D game was a rough and rugged elven swordsman. Plus, I love playing fighters and barbarians.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm Is there enough niche protection between a (half)orc mounted raider and a dwarven bar brawler? Both being barbarians?
To my understanding the game can work with a party of any type, I'd just need to modify what you guys run into to take the group into account.

So I'm not as worried about niche protection in this game as I might have been in a M&M game.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Alright, Jade is fully updated with all her crunchy and nougaty fluff filling one could possibly want. :mrgreen:
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Jessica Bright
"By the light"

Race: V. Human
Class: Cleric (Life Domian)
Background: Acolyte:
Feature: Shelter of Faithful
Alignment: NG
Sex: female
Height: 5'9
Weight: 120
Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic
Religion: Pelor
Proficiency: All Armor, Shields, Simple,

Personality: I quote (or misquote) sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
Ideals: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings. (Any)
Bonds: I owe my life to the priest who took me in when my parents died.
Flaws: I put too much trust in those who wield power within my temple's hierarchy.

Stats: (* racial bonus )
Str 14: +2
Dex 8:-1
*Con 14: +2
Int 10: 0
-Religion+2
-Medicine+2
*Wis 16: +3
-Insight: +5
-Perception: +5
Cha 12: +1
-Persuasion +3

Saves: Wisdom, Charisma

Feat: Magic Initate: Druid: Spell; Goodberry Cantrips: Shillelagh, Produce Flame

Class Features: Ritual Casting, Life Domain

Life Domain Features:
Bonus Proficiency: At 1st level, you gain proficiency with heavy armor.
Disciple of Life: Also starting at 1st level, whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level.

HP: 10
AC: 18
Prof-Bonus: +2
Speed: 30 (25)
Initiative: -1

Equipment:
Mace, Oaken Club, Chainmail, Light crossbow 20 bolts, Shield, Holy symbol, Priest pack, A holy symbol (a gift to you when you entered the priesthood), a prayer book, 5 sticks of incense. vestments, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 14 gp 8sp

Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Mending, Spare the Dying
1st level: Bless*, Cure Wounds*, Healing word, Guilding Bolt, Detect Magic, Command

Backstory:
Found in basket outside a church in the city of <insert name> as a baby. Jessica grew up raised in the golden halls of the church of Pelor, her days filled with prayer and chores. As she matured it became apparant that she had been blessed by Pelor and her training intesified. She taught the healing arts, rites and prayers of Pelor, drilled in hand to hand combat and taught the signs of Pelors hated enemies the undead. However education is a poor subsitute for experience and she earned to spend more time actully doing than learning. Eventully she was permit the right of pilgrimage and she began her journey across, helping the light find those in need. Jessica travels to Orlane following rumors of foul deeds in dark shadows, intent of dragging those responsible into the light.
Last edited by Plan b on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:09 pm Jae'dherga "Jade"
Looks good on the first pass.
Plan b wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:43 pm Jessica Bright
Build looks good, background is a little small.
Any personal goals or hobbies Jessica has?

Just saw the new picture on Alden's build and I have to say, those pouches are adorable :lol:

Added a list of submissions so far on the first page. Think I got everybody so far.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:09 am Just saw the new picture on Alden's build and I have to say, those pouches are adorable :lol:
I know, right!? I started looking for the fox one.

Not quite the same.
"Something pithy this way comes."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Since we have a rogue already submitted I think I'm going to change my entry concept.

Tiefling Bard or Sorcerer I think. Those tend to be fun.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Made my warlock PHB only! thanks for the useful links
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ