[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

T1: 28 - 20

T2: 23 - 10

Lools like it wasn't even necessary, but hey, better to be safe the lying on the floor screaming in paint right? I'll warde of the fatigue next turn regardless.

I was also misrecalling which ability granted the advantage, yet it was still a power nonetheless. How long does it stay stunted?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:27 pm T1: 28 - 20

T2: 23 - 10

Lools like it wasn't even necessary, but hey, better to be safe the lying on the floor screaming in paint right? I'll warde of the fatigue next turn regardless.

I was also misrecalling which ability granted the advantage, yet it was still a power nonetheless. How long does it stay stunted?
Through "the encounter" or until you voluntarily let it go. In this case, it will basically last until you move onto another part of the maze, but it won't disappear the moment you step out of the corridor.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Understood! *salute*

If Cindy has any more movement, she'll use it all up to move up to Skoldir so she can grump at him.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:39 pm Understood! *salute*

If Cindy has any more movement, she'll use it all up to move up to Skoldir so she can grump at him.
Stunting is a Free action, and you're maybe 20 feet away, so you still have a Standard if it comes down to that.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Moving up to them this turn is fine, she wants to let it set in first that she's fine before rushing off again.
------------
Camus

Post by Camus »

So do you all realize I actually spend a HP and gained a complication to overcome this obstacle and then you went there andspend HPs of your own doing something that was already taken care of?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've technically hadn't spent one yet, Camys, but I understand the frustration. Cindy is just not the type to sit around forever and be rescued when her pride us at stake.

I believe fuzz said you could halt inventing to get that HP back, but the chair complication would remain. Immunity to lasers could still be useful, though- what Cindy has right now is just better odds.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

And, just as importantly, your solution will help everyone, while Cindy's is selfish, only helping herself. :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Harsh but true. :lol:
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, it's not like Skolldir actually told anyone what he was doing before he started on it.

There is also the time economy we need to be concerned about. We're down to just over to 2 minutes now? Skolldir's plan isn't a bad one, but anything that is faster and still works is going to ultimately be a better plan. Even if Skolldir needs another 30 seconds (5 rounds), that's nearly a quarter of the time we have left and no means by which to know how close we are to completing the maze, much less disarming the bomb.

So far he's spent what....2 rounds on the invention? If you cut out the affects other and just make it a one-person device, that would just need 3 more rounds and we could send two people safely up that corridor, either with Replica being able to sneak some immunity to the lasers by replicating the material of the walls there or Cindy holding her stunt and the juryrigged invention.

In any case, Hope's still over by the computer terminal and pretty much stumped by it. No ranks in technology. I'm a little confused with the description you gave of it though, Fuzzy.

From what I can tell, it has 3 elements; the monitor, the keyboard, and signal lights with strange symbols, but like, strange how? And is the keyboard a normal Qwerty type?
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 amIn any case, Hope's still over by the computer terminal and pretty much stumped by it. No ranks in technology. I'm a little confused with the description you gave of it though, Fuzzy.
It was previously a Computers check. I'm fine with you doing an untrained Intellect or Awareness check to model you hammering on the interface rather than needing ranks in Technology.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hammering on the interface... Hammering... *looks at Cindy's bat* ...on the interface.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:01 am Hammering on the interface... Hammering... *looks at Cindy's bat* ...on the interface.
Er... I'm open to a variety of skill checks, but some may be more difficult than others.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:56 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:51 amIn any case, Hope's still over by the computer terminal and pretty much stumped by it. No ranks in technology. I'm a little confused with the description you gave of it though, Fuzzy.
It was previously a Computers check. I'm fine with you doing an untrained Intellect or Awareness check to model you hammering on the interface rather than needing ranks in Technology.
Untrained technology (Intellect check) is +0...Awareness is +2, which I suppose is better than +0 xD

BTW, what kind of symbols do the lights have? and is it a standard keyboard?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:56 am Untrained technology (Intellect check) is +0...Awareness is +2, which I suppose is better than +0 xD

BTW, what kind of symbols do the lights have? and is it a standard keyboard?
The symbols are 5 rows with the following:
⇒ꁿ⬉乄췫㜰숔㐳汣껠
롑ꓽ㔸霊鲺뤾郮臝곥ᘻ
+Ӆ笷<~㢿狀ಾ沅틛ᆁ
맡寨嗖䝟à髌癕飁쪿ᾟ
椝佨幨ﹲ쾙Ḇꦘ荅솺!

The keyboard is a standard QWERTY layout.