[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots »

It does, indeed, seem to scale quickly. And I even adjusted it for the general lower PL of the campaign...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I think we can confidently say that this is maybe not a problem solved by brute force. :lol:

If she stays where she is, will she need to keep making saves, or is she in a spot between the lazers?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:19 pm I think we can confidently say that this is maybe not a problem solved by brute force. :lol:

If she stays where she is, will she need to keep making saves, or is she in a spot between the lazers?
She is in a space without lasers. She can crawl at 5 feet per Move action with A DC 13 Dodge or Acrobatics check (or something else if it's a good fit that I'm not thinking of).
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

These "lasers" *with the air quotes and all*, how are they arrayed on the wall once Hope gets there next round. Would she be able to see the emitters? Are they crisscrossing the whole hallway or is there like a pathway one could get through if they were agile (Like you tend to see in heist movies like Oceans 12), or would I need a check to determine that?

Alternatively, I am wondering if she could try her armoring power to cover the wall and block off some of the lasers to make such a path
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

The quarters are tight enough that you'd be progressing at a 5 ft crawl with a DC 15 Dodge/Acrobatics roll, DC 25 to try to go half speed. DC 30 for full speed. (The adventure module actually limits you to the crawl if you're Medium-size or higher, but I figure there will be people acrobatic enough to do more.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hmm....well, Hope would still try to use her powers to block the laser emitters, so will probably try that first. Who knows, maybe something unexpected will happen
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's a shame that Cindy really is a brick, she's not flexible at all Hahah. Really got herself I to a pickle here, but these things happen.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 am It's a shame that Cindy really is a brick, she's not flexible at all Hahah. Really got herself I to a pickle here, but these things happen.
Yeah, but bricky straightforward characters that have their niche where they excel are all the more interesting when stuck in a situation they are not equipped to handle.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:43 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:32 am It's a shame that Cindy really is a brick, she's not flexible at all Hahah. Really got herself I to a pickle here, but these things happen.
Yeah, but bricky straightforward characters that have their niche where they excel are all the more interesting when stuck in a situation they are not equipped to handle.
I actually agree! It's probably kinda obvious, but I do like tossing Cindy into situations even when I know she's probably in for a rough time one way or another. It's fun trying to think up something clever to get out of it, or watch her try and pull a success out of a failure. I was thinking of seeing if there was a switch back there she could try to hit with a well-aimed Ricochet, but that might not be feasible.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:27 amI actually agree! It's probably kinda obvious, but I do like tossing Cindy into situations even when I know she's probably in for a rough time one way or another. It's fun trying to think up something clever to get out of it, or watch her try and pull a success out of a failure. I was thinking of seeing if there was a switch back there she could try to hit with a well-aimed Ricochet, but that might not be feasible.
Ah, I knew I forgot some part of the post I cobbled together backstage between scenes in the show. No, no visible switches in the hallway.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Would a tech roll tell skoldir what type of weapon does each corridor have?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

What sort of data would he be trying to figure out?
Camus

Post by Camus »

The mechanistic nature of the trap basically.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Best way to disable them perhaps?
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

He could probably make Perception and/or Technology checks to try to determine something. Just indicate how he's trying to figure it out and what he's looking for (broad terms are fine).