Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Jab’s Builds (Jacqui! Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers!)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Shock wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:00 pm I played so many random fighting games in arcades over the years I can't remember one from another anymore. Not many were memorable. There was one with a weird guy named Titi (I think) that wore some kind of armor and had kicks where his knees bent the wrong way and was just generally strange. Never could remember the name of it and searching for "Titi" on the internet brought a different class of results than I was looking for
I actually recognize the character, although I can't place the series. If I recall correctly, he was a djinn from Morocco, and had a set of metal claws that could be disarmed. Indeed, some of his attacks did things like swing both legs up while hovering. I wanted to say it was the Power Instinct games, but that doesn't look right.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

KI and Tekken would be good....though my inner 7th grader is interested in a Time Killers set. Back then everybody thought it was SO KEWL YEW GAIZ...but it's not.

but yeah, Tekken mainly for all the guest stars and I want to hear Jab complain about Negan...and I will join him
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ah. Martial Champion indeed had Titi, known as Chaos in the United States. Their concept is based off of the "hopping vampire" of some Asian countries such as China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzCdTSeB3M
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

KOF and Tekken get my votes. :)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thrill Kill might be an interesting one. It was unreleased for the PS1 but featured the novel concept of having up to four fighters in a game at any one time. There is quite a bit of information between YouTube and TVTropes. Mostly it could be fun wtf builds, fun challenges on how to build odd characters.

Wikipedia
Giant Bomb
TVTropes
YouTube Game Footage

No luck so far trying to find the giant robot bikini fighting fighting game on PC that we played in the mid90s.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Taven

Post by Jabroniville »

TAVEN
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Total Appearances: None
Role: The New Ryu
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 5 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+5)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 5 (+16)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Kombat (Fireball) 5 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed 2), Improved Kritical (Fireball), Improved Kritical (Godly Charge), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Kunning Fighter (Attack Bonus to Feint), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown

Powers:
"Time Stop" Affliktion 6 (Will; Impaired/Disabled/Paralyzed) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (12) -- [15]
  • AE: "Fireball" Blast 5 (10)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (10)
  • AE: "Godly Charge" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
"Demi-God" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Uppercuts Enemy's Head Off"
"Neck Snap"
"Rips Torso Off"
"Punches a Hole Through the Enemy"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Godly Charge +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fireball +13 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Time Stop +6 Area (+6 Affliktion, DC 16)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +7

Komplications:
Motivation (Saving the Realms)- Taven wishes to save Edenia from being destroyed by the forces of Armageddon, and must kick a thousand asses to do it.
Enemy (Daegon)- Taven's Brother is kind of a dick.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 18 / Defenses: 16 (152)

-Taven is supposed to be the Main Hero of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, yet another attempt at making a replacement for the seemingly-bland Liu Kang. Of course, it was the apex of the last series before the reboot, making him pretty much an unknown in the grand scheme of things. He's the Demi-God son of Argus, King of Edenia (Kitana's realm), and his brother Daegon is his rival, since Daegon is a dick. Apparently he slew Daegon in battle, but was himself beaten by Shao Kahn, who defeated Blaze.

-Taven's got some odd powers, and is implied to be SUPER-powerful (in his Konquest Mode he goes through the entire roster), but he's a really bland dude, so I can't bring myself to care about him too much.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Daegon

Post by Jabroniville »

DAEGON
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Total Appearances: None
Role: The New Ken, Rival Brother
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 5 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+8)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 4 (+6)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 3 (+14)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 3 (+5)
Ranged Kombat (Fireball) 5 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Kritical (Fiery Hands), Improved Kritical (Cloak of Avoidance), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 7, Takedown

Powers:
"Fiery Hands" Blast 5 (10) -- [11]
  • AE: "Cloak of Avoidance/Rushing Shoulder" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
"Demi-God" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Features 1: Uses New Moves as Finishing Attacks [1]
"None Listed"

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Godly Charge +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Fireball +13 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Time Stop +6 Area (+6 Affliktion, DC 16)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Komplications:
Motivation (Saving the Realms)- Taven wishes to save Edenia from being destroyed by the forces of Armageddon, and must kick a thousand asses to do it.
Enemy (Taven)- Daegon is jealous of Taven's "Chosen One" status, and seeks to find Blaze first.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 13 / Defenses: 14 (134)

-Daegon is sort of the Abel to Taven's Cain, and believed that his parents favoured Taven, and is thus out to kill him- he also killed his parents out of anger. He aids Shinnok in this quest, forms the Red Dragons (Mavado & Hsu Hao's group of Kano wannabes), and generally has to be put down. He has way less cool stuff, no Fatalities, and I find him rather boring. He appears in the Mortal Kombat X comic book series, offering to help Goro regenerate his lost arms.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

One of the problems with Armageddon was the way they handled the Fatalities. I understand that making indvidual Fatalties for like 50+ characters would be a pain, but the "Kreate-A-Fatality" system was just poorly handled. Basically, you just do a bunch of random moves until a bar runs out. It's more like the MK Trilogy-style Brutalities than anything.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I vote for Tekken. I'm only doing a couple more shortly because I am distracted by other things again (shocking) and there's a lot to mine there. Plus, I wait with bated breath for your commentary on the Williams sisters. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 am I vote for Tekken. I'm only doing a couple more shortly because I am distracted by other things again (shocking) and there's a lot to mine there. Plus, I wait with bated breath for your commentary on the Williams sisters. 8-)
Plus, Tekken has Yoshimitsu, who will always be my favourite character.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 am I vote for Tekken. I'm only doing a couple more shortly because I am distracted by other things again (shocking) and there's a lot to mine there. Plus, I wait with bated breath for your commentary on the Williams sisters. 8-)
I only ever played the second one, but Nina is the straw that broke the camel’s back regarding “Blonde Secret Agent Characters”. I also knew a guy so obsessed with Anna that he created an OC with her exact name and appearance, but Telepathic Rape Powers :).
Jabroniville

Mortal Mooks

Post by Jabroniville »

MORTAL MOOK
Role:
Mooks
Group Affiliations: None
PL 5 (46)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8)
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (The Martial Arts) 4 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Close Attack, Equipment (Spear +2- Reach), Improved Kritical (Spear), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Spear +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +4, Will +0

Total: Abilities: 26 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 3 (46)

-These Masked Buttholes showed up in the Mortal Kombat movie to fight off Liu Kang & Friends, and went down in droves, but they're still pretty tough. One guy even got picked to challenge Sub-Zero, who basically started glowing and froze the dude solid in mid-air, resulting in him shattering into a million pieces on the ground. Seriously, I see that crap, I am UNIONIZING SO FAST...
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Mortal Mooks

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:29 am -These Masked Buttholes showed up in the Mortal Kombat movie to fight off Liu Kang & Friends, and went down in droves, but they're still pretty tough. One guy even got picked to challenge Sub-Zero, who basically started glowing and froze the dude solid in mid-air, resulting in him shattering into a million pieces on the ground. Seriously, I see that crap, I am UNIONIZING SO FAST...
Heh, reminded me of a bit with Frieza at the 1:10 mark of this video.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Shang Tsung

Post by Jabroniville »

SHANG TSUNG
First Appearance:
Mortal Kombat (Unplayable Boss)
Total Appearances: MK I-II, MK 3, MK: Deadly Alliance, MK: Annihilation, MK 2011, MK vs. DC Universe (all but 4, Deception & MK X)
Role: The Final Boss, The Big Bad’s Bitch, Evil Asian Sorcerer
PL 10 (222)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 5 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Akrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletiks 5 (+8)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+13)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+9)
Expertise (Arkane Lore) 9 (+14)
Expertise (History) 6 (+11)
Insight 5 (+9)
Intimidation 3 (+7)
Klose Kombat (Unarmed) 4 (+17)
Perception 6 (+10)
Persuasion 3 (+7)
Ranged Kombat (Blasts) 5 (+13)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Improved Kritical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Kritical (Flaming Skull), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Ritualist, Takedown

Powers:
"Shapeshifts Into Other Fighters"
Variable 7 (Other Fighters' Powers) (49) -- [53]
  • AE: "Flaming Skull" Blast 5 (10)
  • AE: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (6)
  • AE: "Mysterious Magic" Teleport 10 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Easy) (31)
  • AE: "Body Switch" Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (Flaws: Limited to Opponent's Location) Linked to Teleport 1 (Feats: Change Direction) (Extras: Attack +0, Ranged) (Flaws: Limited to Shang's Location) (4)
Morph 2 [10]
"Immortal Sorceror" Immunity 1 (Aging) [1]

Features 2: Uses Tons of New Moves as Finishing Attacks [2]
"Babality"
"Friendship!!" (Makes Rainbow)
"Friendship!!" (Turns Into "Joust" Character & Hops Offscreen)
"Animality- Cobra Swallows Opponent Whole"
"Turns Into Kintaro & Punches the Guy In Half"
"Takes Soul, Leaving a Shrunken Corpse"
"Enters Body Via the Inner Ear, Then Blows It Up From the Inside"
"Creates Bed of Spikes, & Slams Opponent Onto Them"
"Turns Into Evil Clown, Shoots Opponent in the Head"
"Enters Enemy's Body Via Magic, Forces Them To Tear Off Their Own Head"

Offense:
Unarmed +17 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Flaming Skull +13 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +5, Fortitude +10, Will +10

Komplications:
Motivation (Power)- Shang Tsung wishes for power, and often twists under the reign of Shao Kahn.
Motivation (Souls)- Shang Tsung requires souls to survive.
Enemy (Liu Kang, Kenshi, Kung Lao)

Total: Abilities: 82 / Skills: 70--35 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 66 / Defenses: 19 (222)

Shang Tsung- Shapeshifting Boss:
-Shang Tsung was a pretty lame villain for MK I on first look, to be honest- he's your standard Wisened Old Sorceror/David Lo Pan, and lacks originality- he is EFFORTLESSLY overshadowed by his Sub-Boss, the four-armed monster, Goro. However, the sorcerer had a very unique ability- the power to Shapeshift into other fighters' forms, INCLUDING GORO, allowing him to use anyone's abilities- the player was forced to constantly readjust his strategy to a new opponent. They did a very cool thing with him in MK II, turning the former Unplayable Big Boss character into a regular guy, but dropping the "Old Man" thing and making him a snide young fighter again, thanks to Shao Kahn giving him "another chance". By MK 3, you had to figure Kahn was being EXTRA generous in leaving him around, but I guess he's a bit better to work for than your standard Dark Lord.

-He was pretty awesome in the first movie- Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa has a lot of screen presence (if not acting ability- he's a bit forced), and rocked a pretty buff physique to contrast the "wussy sorceror" look from the games- he looked like he would beat the CRAP out of any of the Earthrealm heroes. Unfortunately, he lacked powers that didn't involve Morphing or stealing dead guys' Souls... except for when he Summoned a bunch of guys whose souls he'd stolen, and Liu had to beat THEM up, too. I kinda wonder how the rules for that Tournament worked, too, since it involves tons of people who never fight each other despite not losing (Liu, Sonya, Cage), and Tsung can just challenge whomever he pleases even if they've only won once (Sonya)- Outworld apparently has some questionable rules, especially when you consider that entire Realms are at stake, though if she didn't ACCEPT the challenge, it didn't count.

-Tsung is a notorious character in the later editions of the game, as something that was never a problem in Arcades or home consoles was suddenly an issue on the Next Generation CD-based systems... LOADING TIMES. So while in the Super NES version, Tsung could shapeshift into any character he chose, at any given time, on the more advanced PlayStation or Saturn, you would have to sit and wait for the NEW CHARACTER TO LOAD. This was a very strange thing for the time- console gamers were just getting used to Loading Times, which were usually only something you had to deal with at the beginning of a stage. He thus became a nightmare in pretty much every incarnation of the game afterwards.

Original Kontinuity:
-Shang Tsung, resembling David Lo Pan of Big Trouble in Little China, is an ancient sorcerer with shapeshifting powers, and the Final Boss of Mortal Kombat- it's said that he cheated in an old tournament, and was doomed to be executed for this treasonous act, but was protected by Shao Kahn in return for loyalty. He was trained in sorcery, and learned how to consume the souls of others, which negated the aging process. He became the Grandmaster of Mortal Kombat, but was himself unseated by the original Kung Lao. Aging greatly, he managed to get Kung Lao killed with the assistance of Goro, who became the new Grandmaster. For 500 years, Goro reigned, but finally Tsung was forced to witness Liu Kang kill Goro, and then defeat the sorcerer himself.

-Tsung, doomed, begged Shao Kahn for another chance- the next tournament would take place in Outworld, and the Dark Emperor restored Tsung's youth, making him a regular fighter. Both were defeated by Liu Kang once more, but Tsung proved himself by resurrecting Queen Sindel- an act which merged Earth and Outworld, killing millions. Both were again beaten by Liu Kang, however, and Tsung was doomed to occasional torture in Kahn's dungeons, before being released on missions. Years later, he and Quan Chi formed the Deadly Alliance, scheming to rule together. Naturally, because both are evil dickheads, they also planned on betraying each other. But in any case, they slaughtered Shao Kahn and resurrected Onaga, The Dragon King- Tsung also finally killed his enemy, Liu Kang. However, in the final moments of their scheme, Tsung was betrayed by Quan Chi. However, both (and Raiden) were forced to fight against Onaga, who killed Tsung.

-Death would again be avoided, however, as his soul ended up in Outworld, and he made another deal with the returned Kahn. He naturally plans on making his own power-grab, but in the end of MK: Armageddon, he is aged back to his ancient state, and killed by the undead Liu Kang, before the world is destroyed.

New Kontinuity:
-In the reboot, much is the same- the eldlerly-looking Tsung rules the tournament, manipulating things and giving orders. Liu Kang again unseats Goro, the Grandmaster of Mortal Kombat, then beats Tsung himself, who flees to Outworld and has his youth restored after begging to avoid execution. After this point, he's a manipulator, but just one of Shao Kahn's goons, albeit a useful one, because he creates Mileena from Kitana's genetic matter, and comes up with the idea for the second tournament in Outworld. When Sindel is resurrected, Kahn simply takes the souls inside of Shang Tsung and transfers them to his wife, killing the sorcerer in the process. And this, much diminished role, is all that Tsung plays in the 2011 game- despite appearing in almsot all of the original series, he misses out on MK X.

Shang Tsung's Stats:
-In the fluff, he can only Morph into a guy whose Soul he'd consumed, but in the games, he can just turn into anybody (this made him the most complicated guy to play as, as you had to memorize a TON of unique Button Combinations to Morph into various guys, AND learn to play as the guys he's Morphed into- upwards of 60+ combinations!). In MK (2011), he can only Morph into his Opponent after hitting him with a Soul Steal (this is likely to save memory- Shang Tsung was NOTORIOUS for screwing up CD systems with load-times, as I mentioned before)- basically a Limited Ranged Mimic that allows him to Heal a bit of damage.

-Shang Tsung is one of the best fighters in the series, seeing as how he was the Boss of the first game (whose PL was lower because these were starting players- I figure everyone for PL 8-9 around that time, enabling greater experience to boost their PLs), and got to be Co-Boss of Deadly Alliance. 90% of the time, however, he's been "Just Another Guy", and gets treated like a common villain the second Shao Kahn arrived, so he's not THAT powerful. He is effectively just as good a fighter as Liu Kang, but able to modify nearly any Caps because he can be ANY FIGHTER, and you'd have to abruptly change tactics if Liu Kang suddenly morphed into a Cyborg, a bad-ass black dude, or friggin' Prince Goro. And he's pricey because he's not only got that Variable (allowing for 35 points... though usually he needs a max of 30 to play the Cyborgs, a bit more to play Noob Saibot- the Bosses are out of his range), but a ton of Mental Abilities (a rarity for the "PUNCH KILL DESTROY!" Kombatants) & Skills thanks to being Immortal for so long. As a Sorceror, he can also use Alt-Effects or Ritualist to do all of that "background crap" that this series' magical characters tend to do.

Sample Transformation: GORO
Abilities: Strength +4, Stamina +3, Agility -2, Fighting -2, Dex -2 (2 points)
Advantages: Benefit 1 (Ambidexterity), Improved Kritical (Unarmed) +1, Startle (3 points)
Powers:
"Fireball" Blast 6 (12) -- (13 points)
  • AE: "Ground Pound" Damage 5 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliktion 10 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition, Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery) (10)
  • AE: "Untamed Fury" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 7) (Flaws: Grab-Based 7) (3.5)
"Shokan Physiology" (7 points)
"Four-Armed" Extra Limbs 2 [2]
"Long Arms" Reach 1 [1]
"Death From Above" Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Immunity 1 (Heat) [1]
"Draco Senses" Senses 1 (Low-Light Vision) [1]

This adds up to 25 points- well within Shang Tsung's Kapabilities.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab’s Builds (Kitana! Mileena! Jade! Skarlet! Jobbers! Shang Tsung!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

While Shang Tsung isn't really in MKX, there is an intersting little thing..If you do a Reptile mirror match, the second Reptile claims to be Shang Tsung.