[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You were clearly putting way more thought into it then I was at least. I just thought we had to flip them at the same time. :lol:

X could also mean a pause in the sequence, before finishing it off.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It could also mean, thinking on it, that we need to flip them at the same time for that one.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Yup...but here's the clever part of the puzzle....if we need to flip the levers in the sequence, we start with the Right lever, but if we "Solve for X", we need to flip the Left lever...assuming my guess on what the sequence is is correct.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've never been too good at puzzles, so I think I'll have to default to your own judgments. We might have the chance to try all combinations without consequence asude from the time waste, but that still leads to the question- Which pattern do we try first?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

well, that's just it.

If it's a sequence thing where we have to flip each switch multiple times, there should be a means to reset if we mess up, or it'll be a trap if we flip the wrong one out of sequence.

Alternatively, if it's "Solve for X", we get one chance to flip the correct switch, otherwise we likely face a trap.

So ultimately, we'd find out with the first lever pull which it is, ASSUMING that that letter sequence had anything to do with these levers! They might in fact be entirely unrelated, but at this moment, I am not thinking so. But, since we have two ideas of what method this puzzle may be taking, each starting with a different lever and having different logics behind them.... it's more or less a 50/50 shot.....

I say we start with the left lever.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I went ahead and stuck dimensions into the post. And, because I realized it was ambiguous, I clarified that the levers are on opposite ends of the corridor. Sorry. I didn't really think through my phrasing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ah, might the entire discussion regarding the possible puzzle sollution moot then in the end? Him. Well, we can't know for sure until we start throwing switches.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:22 am I went ahead and stuck dimensions into the post. And, because I realized it was ambiguous, I clarified that the levers are on opposite ends of the corridor. Sorry. I didn't really think through my phrasing.
Ahhh, so it's not a lever on the left and right sides now, but on the near and far sides. Well there go my theories xD Back to square one... hmm..
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If we don't come up with something soon, I'm gonna have to make Cindy pull one of them recklessly. ;)
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Are the levers on the same wall, just at opposite ends, or are they on opposite walls AND opposite ends?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:10 am Are the levers on the same wall, just at opposite ends, or are they on opposite walls AND opposite ends?
The latter. From the room you are in, the first lever is on the left, and the second lever is on the right.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

huh....

I mean, left and right are a matter of perspective anyway...turn around and they reverse, right? Maybe that's what the X means? Start by facing the long end of the hall, then at the X, reverse and continue the pattern from the new perspective?

Seriously though, I feel like that's likely not it and I'm waaay overthinking how that sequence can be applied here and that it's not even necessarily meant to..

But...that in mind.... I'll post up IC in a sec I suppose ^^;
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

you know......the levers could literally just be switches for the doors on their respective sides of the corridor... I mean...it's the most obvious thing and the last thing I even considered, but it would make sense. xD
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I probably should've asked by now- can I use an HP to recover from the fatigue already?
------------