[3E OOC] The J.V. Team

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: [3E OOC] Toys Will Be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ooof, does that mean Skolldir is out of drones? Two blasted at the onset of that battle, one detonated, and the last one got shot before it could.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:26 am Ooof, does that mean Skolldir is out of drones? Two blasted at the onset of that battle, one detonated, and the last one got shot before it could.
{nods} Although he is in a room with robots with guns, so I'm sure he can improvise something.
Camus

Post by Camus »

So I thought Self-reassembly nanobots (Regeneration 10): Persistent. Source: Scrap metal meant that my downed mines can regenerate one I provide them with scrap metal
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As minions they down very easily- immortality might've been a better pick.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Camus wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:11 am So I thought Self-reassembly nanobots (Regeneration 10): Persistent. Source: Scrap metal meant that my downed mines can regenerate one I provide them with scrap metal
No. We discussed that when you put Skolldir forward. Minions only have one damage state, 4th degree Incapacitation (and minion Constructs only have Destroyed), plus it made your "die if they use this ability" power a bit too cheap if they were up and back a round later. You said you planned on changing your character sheet.

That said, looking at the math, your drones have 18 PP unspent, so you could buy Immortality 18 with the Source of "scrap metal" and get them back in two rounds each.

Walking mine - PL 6

Strength -2, Stamina -, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -, Awareness 0, Presence -

Advantages
Hide in Plain Sight, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover)

Skills
Perception 8 (+8), Stealth 8 (+16)

Powers
Machine Body: Immunity 32 (Critical Hits, Fortitude Effects)
Movement: Movement 1 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
Nano-repair: Immortality 18 (Return after 12 seconds; Source: Scrap Metal)
Protection: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness)
Shrinking: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size ranks, -1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent)
Turret Mode: Damage 6 (DC 21, Advantages: Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Concealment), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover); Accurate 3: +6, Dangerous 2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Secondary Effect)
. . Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (Alternate; DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Reaction 3: reaction, Secondary Effect, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Explodes)
. . Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Hindered, Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned, Defenseless, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Extra Condition, Reaction 3: reaction, Selective; Side Effect 2: always - Suffers damage)

Offense
Initiative +0
Explode: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 8)
Static charge: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Throw, +0 (DC 13)
Turret Mode: Damage 6, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 13)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 8, Will None

Power Points
Abilities -30 + Powers 111 + Advantages 1 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 90

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ah now I recall something about that. Must have forgotten to change the regeneration for immortality. I'll see to adjust that
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

How much scrap would he have on hand to do that? Presumably, the bits of the old drones wouldn't really count as their own scrap for this (otherwise source really isn't all that much of a flaw). Also, not including the robots we are presently fighting. Obviously, those would count as scrap once they are defeated.

Mainly, just wondering if he has any scrap on hand himself to get drones back before having time to scrap a robot for parts.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

^_^ The robots would be a decent supply of scrap.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:03 am ^_^ The robots would be a decent supply of scrap.
So they just gotta thrash the robots first. Or, at least one and give Skolldir 2 rounds near its scrapped body to get a drone back online. Or would it be all 4 drones, since the immortality "timer" is separate for each?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Oh- BTW Epic, Cindy spotted something with a hidden Perception. Sorry I've yet to post about that, recovering some weird headache inducing illness. I'll do so soonish.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sweet. I'm guessing I Hope did not spot anything with a hidden perception check :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I apparently rolled a 20, good to know she can hit a home run every once in awhile.
------------
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:27 am I apparently rolled a 20, good to know she can hit a home run every once in awhile.
You were the beneficiary of the oft-forgotten rule in 3E that rolling a natural 20 gives you an extra degree of success. ^_^ Not an auto-success, mind you, but it's close enough.

And, just to be clear, among my many personal faults, I tend to wait for an explicit statement of action (or at least heavy implication thereof) to avoid the all-too-common pitfall of assuming contact before it actually happens, e.g. "When I said I wanted to examine the statue, I never said he was going to touch it! What sort of an idiot do you think my thief is?" ^_^ So, let me know if you are pushing or pressing at anything.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hmm... I have no issues with touching the brick. Cindy's probably the type to do it without thinking first anyway.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

huh......so now i am looking at the levers along with the puzzle clue we got.... lever on the left, one on the right.... then a sequence of Ls and Rs with a single X.

If the two ARE connected...I can think of two possible ways off the top of my head...

I want to think the X isn't an X but a "missing" character...like, we need to figure out if it's supposed to R or L... like one of those sequence puzzles (ex: 2, 4, _, 8; What is the missing number), and then we flip the switch that it should be, and likely set off a trap if we do the wrong one.

or we could need to flip the levers in that sequence, figuring out which is the right lever for X...OR the X indicates flipping for levers at once while doing the sequence...

Of course, the sequence could be for something else and not these levers...

In any case...following my first line of thought for "solving X"...
RLLLRRLLRXRRL
If you picture how the sequence might continue past both sides.... I feel X would be "L"

3 L's, then two each R's then L's.. then a Single R before the X, then back to 2 R's, with a single R and L on either side...so if you think about it, the R could be the end of a 3 R sequence, and the L could be the start of a 2L sequence on that side.

To parse it a little differently...

3R, 3L, 2R, 2L, 1R, 1L, 2R, 2L

I mean.....if the solution is which lever to flip, then we have a 50/50 change anyways, so my best educated guess (as I am about to go to bed, so who knows how reliable this is..) is the Left lever is the one we need to flip

Of course...I could be entirely over thinking this.