The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The girl keeps her eyes peeled, but as she said earlier, this was way, way out of her usual field of expertise.

ooc
http://orokos.com/roll/673616 insight 15
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Morgan needs a moment to steel himself against the sheer amount of malice that wafts over to him the moment he concentrates on his Force-senses. There are some truly despiccable individuals in here. As his attention narrows on the two bidding rivals, he notices that the man is clearly not wholly comfortable in here, although he hides it masterfully.
He is also in very good health.
The woman is surrounded by an aura of pure egoistic self-confidence...and at a level of health that is closer to perfect than any normal human should be.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

// May I ask...what's the holdup?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Bidding for the nanobots actually does take up nearly all of your funds, if you want to outbid everyone. Both the woman described earlier and the man keep harrying you, with the woman eventually giving up before the man does.
The other items go to:

A vial of the G-Virus: An unassuming, pale man with slightly pointed ears wearing a very expensive and apparently armored suit.
A retrovirus capable of turning a human into a Deep One Hybrid: A Deep One in what looks like a wet business suit.
Daemon-possessed power armor that permanently bonds with the unfortunate wearer: A hulking humanoid with bruise-purple skin and a mighty horn on his forehead.
A canister of a solution made by an organisation named " Cauldron" - which did not translate over - capable of reliably turning humans into Level 8-10 superhumans: The pale woman in the revealing dress
Samples of Lex Luthor's " Everyman Project", capable of granting up to level 11 powers: The older man in the tasteful suit.
Clones of the genetically modified spider that was responsible for the creation of Spider-Man in at least one universe: The older man in the tasteful suit.
Space Marine geneseed: The pale woman in the revealing dress
Blueprints detailing the creation of a being capable of moving beyond linear time: A heavily cybernetically augmented human(?) in a black robe.
Blueprints and process descriptions that can turn a human infant into a darkly enlightened human capable of rending and reorganizing matter by thought: The older man in the tasteful suit.
A coffin-like box capable of transforming a human into a Cenobite demon if charged with enough arcane energy: A pale creature with pointed ears wearing leathers half sown into its skin and accompanied by several horribly mutilated servants.
Fleshwarping cauldrons: A drow
Warpstone: An old, bearded man with a cold glare and a pointed wizard's hat accompanied by a hulking undead wearing armor that bears the insignia of Chaos.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"The suit and the woman with the assets look like the big rollers here." Aislynn noted. "My guess is they're the ones we're going to deal with." she hrmmed. "Shall we mosey around and see who approaches us?"

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Cover Name: Tovas Li

Morgan commits the list of items and their buyers to memory. As the auction winds down, or if it continues with other items, he'll keep track as well of the reactions of those who were outbid and who is staying versus who is leaving.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The pale woman and the older man stay until the end while several others do leave after a while. Finally, with the auction in this part winding down, everyone gets ready to leave...

Interestingly, it is the tall, pale woman who eventually approaches the group. " Strange...I have a perfect memory but I have never seen any of you around for this kind of events. Where do you hail from, my dears?" Her voice is soft...but absolutely devoid of empathy or warmth.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Cover Name: Tovas Li

Morgan waits a moment, allowing for Long to answer as their professed leader.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:22 pm The pale woman and the older man stay until the end while several others do leave after a while. Finally, with the auction in this part winding down, everyone gets ready to leave...

Interestingly, it is the tall, pale woman who eventually approaches the group. " Strange...I have a perfect memory but I have never seen any of you around for this kind of events. Where do you hail from, my dears?" Her voice is soft...but absolutely devoid of empathy or warmth.
Hal smiles and offers a gentle gloved hand. Should she accept he'll bring it to his lips in a chaste kiss. "My current self-designation is Hal. And our work brings us here and there. If you look up 'Sunset Company' on the Dark Web you'll see more. We're a small outfit, Jobs-for-Money, that sort. No current contracts though open to... meet new people. Was hoping to pick up more here; weren't quite prepared for how... fierce the bidding would be. My organization has a mess of highly-trained Norms that could use an edge. We know a Techpriest that could do wonders with these nanobots, though." he says, carefully crafting every statement so that nothing was a lie yet still gave the impressions he was trying to convey. The Merge introduced spells, senses, and technologies that could spot and outright untruth so Long kept his words strictly factual.

"You did well for yourself." he compliments.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She smiles and takes his hand. " Thank you. Although these are merely trinkets...a little glimpse into what this exciting new universe holds for those with the strength and the mind to explore it."
As she hears about the tech-priest, she scowls. " Dabblers. Not fit to lick my boots. Say...how far would you and your men go to get that...edge?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal's brow raises. "We'd want to be able to think for ourselves after any procedure. And we wouldn't want to be down for the count for very long... but... what are we talking here?" He asks with genuine interest.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" A bit of genetic restructuring, my dear. Faster, stronger...adaptation to environmental dangers..." she says. " Maybe a neurological kill-switch in case they get...uppity? Or a zombie switch? It's fascinating what the human body can do once you turn off that annoying consciousness..."
Suddenly, she steps back and gasps. " Oh...I forgot to introduce myself. Pallas Eugensis. Eclipse Queen and Gene-Mistress of Luna."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal considers a moment then steps slightly back and bows. "Your Highness." he greets formally.

"Surely the trinkets you won weren't enough to lure you here? Was there something that gentleman in the suit bought that you were eyeing? Or maybe the borg conversion-bots?" He prods.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Indeed. Somebody of your stature wouldn't need the trinkets we bought and we're certainly not that interesting." she said unable to quite believe somebody like this lady would be interested in them.

"Forgive me your highness. I never would have thought to attract the attention of somebody like you." she said, bowing respectfully.

"Rebecca West, Water bender." she smiled a little. "It is a great honor to meet you."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She keeps smiling coldly. " I would have enjoyed examining the 'Everyman treatment' and the bots, I will not lie about that. But everything comes to those who wait. Being immortal has its merits", she says. " As for him...I doubt he knows what half the things he buys do."