Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

"And to think that there are figures in the media who don't trust us for some reason," Maki said dryly. She shrugged her shoulders. "Nonetheless, as long as Hubert pays me, I will work with whoever he asks. Do you have any interesting mutations or other requirements for medical care, darling?"
Last edited by RainOnTheSun on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

catsi563 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:23 am Hoensty then. She looks at Rosa meeting her gaze evenly and speaking softly but firmly with maybe a hint of melancholy in her voice and around her lips "No; I was always myself."
"Oh." was all Rosa replied.
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby

Sawyer smiled and mini-saluted towards the new teammate, "Nice to meet you Rena. I'm Flyby (Sawyer in private), I'm the team hotshot, comedian, rising star, handsome man, modest hero, etc. Sounds like you have call the other skills covered, so it should be interesting once we get out in the field again."
Formerly luketheduke86
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
HP: 1; Condition: Terribly Mysterious
And to think that there are figures in the media who don't trust us for some reason," Maki said dryly. She shrugged her shoulders. "Nonetheless, as long as Hubert pays me, I will work with whoever he asks. Do you have any interesting mutations or other requirements for medical care, darling?"
"I think my hair and eye color count as mutations but not very interesting ones." she smirks with an amused chuckle as those Sky blue eyes twinkle in merriment and she flares said platinum blond hair off her shoulder sending it cascading down her back.

If she was at all saddened by Rosas answer she didn't show it save as a small but gentle smile directed at the young woman. the truth was subjective in many ways with her, especially living in a world that required her to lie as a matter of course, as easily as some people breath.
Last edited by catsi563 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Halcyon was being evasive, which fit the image of an intelligence operative that Xavion described. Which was fine, but it would help if that was clarified.

He spoke to Halcyon, "For purposes tactical, is my understanding correct that you are not a ultra-hu-- No. ... you are not a metahuman, and that your specialties are more of the..." Hercule's slowed down concentrating on getting the right English words, "disguise, infiltration, observation variety, and that your combat skills, which I assume are considerable, are more about precision, and less about energy blasts or superhuman strength?"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
Halcyon was being evasive, which fit the image of an intelligence operative that Xavion described. Which was fine, but it would help if that was clarified.

He spoke to Halcyon, "For purposes tactical, is my understanding correct that you are not a ultra-hu-- No. ... you are not a metahuman, and that your specialties are more of the..." Hercule's slowed down concentrating on getting the right English words, "disguise, infiltration, observation variety, and that your combat skills, which I assume are considerable, are more about precision, and less about energy blasts or superhuman strength?"
Rena gave Adrian a playful wink and tapped her nose to indicate he was on the right track. She was always cautious about revealing her full hand even amongst those she liked and trusted, a lifetime of danger created habits that were hard to break and she hadnt survived as long as she had solo without being cautious.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Adrien felt like his question about Halcyon's abilities had killed the conversation. After a long pause, he turned away from the newcomer and to the group and spoke up again. "Ça va, le Victory League, did have a victory last night. But it was our première sortie. Does anyone have any observations about what we did or did not do? Is there anything we need to do to be better?"
Okay. The / first outing (or premiere sortie, as both words have made it into English)

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury

"My chameleon tonic was a disappointment, as much as I hate to admit it," Maki said. "The optical camouflage was almost entirely ineffective, and the tail was flattering to my figure but of limited use in combat." She thought for a moment. "The molecular adhesion was quite useful, I may include that in my next design."

The doctor indicated Rosa with her hand. "Rosa's healing magic is extremely powerful, and preventing anyone from interfering with it should be our highest priority in any extended battle. How that should be done, I don't know. Tactics are not my department."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa blushes to have attention drawn to her. "I also need to be better at getting out of the way." Rosa says, her hands going to the place where she took a vicious axe blow.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"In my experience Adrien is correct in regards to our new team mate. Extremely skilled in firearms and hand to hand combat, very hard to hit but only human. Tough as nails, not withstanding, I believe her primary goal is to avoid being hit," He nodded, deep in thought, "Think James Bond, with a fondness for Q gadgets."

He offered Rena a little shrug as an apology. The people needed to know what they were working with, and they'd learn most of what he'd said the first time they went on a mission together. Then he wondered if people knew who James Bond was anymore.

"As for the last mission, I can't really think of anything we need to work on yet. Everybody seemed to be doing a pretty good job, and the people who needed help were calling for it," He chuckles a little at that, "I think that puts us ahead of most starting teams I've seen."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Halcyon
"In my experience Adrien is correct in regards to our new team mate. Extremely skilled in firearms and hand to hand combat, very hard to hit but only human. Tough as nails, not withstanding, I believe her primary goal is to avoid being hit," He nodded, deep in thought, "Think James Bond, with a fondness for Q gadgets."

He offered Rena a little shrug as an apology. The people needed to know what they were working with, and they'd learn most of what he'd said the first time they went on a mission together. Then he wondered if people knew who James Bond was anymore.
Renas only response to Harrys explanation was a small nod of respect and acknowledgement. She may not give away much but when someone like Harry spoke you listened and she did not begrudge the information being put out there from him.

She did have some tactical insights having studied the teams battle and after action reports from the locals but for the moment held her piece to let the others have their say and see if they knew how to adjust to and recognize their foilbles.

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 2; Condition: Fine
Arkrite wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:09 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

"As for the last mission, I can't really think of anything we need to work on yet. Everybody seemed to be doing a pretty good job, and the people who needed help were calling for it," He chuckles a little at that, "I think that puts us ahead of most starting teams I've seen."
Reading the room, Xavion could tell that the team was ready to move on so he knew he had to do the same. He hadn’t worked or faced The Shield until last night but he knew of him and he knew that if Harry didn’t have any problems with her, then maybe his history with Rena would only be an issue for him. Besides, if he was truly being honest with himself, when he and Rena worked together, they were hard to beat. It was the…other stuff that messed things up.

Is that a hint of jasmine I’m picking up? Man, she smells good…

FOCUS, X, FOCUS!!!

“Despite my reservations,” he said relaxing a bit, “Halcyon brings some of what we need for sure. We’ve got a lot of power and that came through loud and clear in the fight. Emphasis on the loud. Beefcake, er, Mustang is definitely the excitable type but he wasn’t the only one to come in guns blazin’ from what I could tell. Rena and I are both used to making more subtle entrances. Maybe we can focus a little more on that next go ‘round.”

“I saw some things from you,” he points at the shy girl. “Rosa, right?” And then to the not-so-shy one. “And Witch girl, er, Silver Witch, is that right? I gotta work on the names, anyway, if you ladies can throw up a silver wall or an instant forest for us to hide behind sometimes, one of us could do some serious damage coming out from cover, ya know?”

“Like I said before, I see greatness in this team, even being down a couple of key players, I think we just need a little more time together. The teamwork will come. And Rena is damn good with tactics, that’s another strength. With her and our resident living legend calling the shots in the field, we’ll be set.”

“Hell,” he said winking at Sawyer, “They’ll probably even give Flyby a chance to look good…”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:34 am Rosa blushes to have attention drawn to her. "I also need to be better at getting out of the way." Rosa says, her hands going to the place where she took a vicious axe blow.
"But you healed from it with no lasting harm whatsoever," Maki observes. She leans forward, examining Rosa closely. "Have you had a medical checkup recently, darling? I've read the reports on you, and they're fascinating, but I could learn so much more from a direct examination."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"The un thing I think we will need watching is threat priority," Hercule said. "After Dr. Mercury called for back up, and I said I was not hurt, we should have been faster to aid Dr. M."

He added after a moment, "I don't think we did badly, but I think we can do better."
one

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa winces when the subject of her recent medical reports come up and actively steps back when the Dr. gets closer. She used to be a better gymnast, cheerleader, and athlete. Never going to win any medals but it was something she enjoyed. The magic in her was slowly turning her more and more tree-like. Seamus said that it could be halted and possibly reversed by regular expenditure of the magic welling inside of her. It was one of the reasons she joined this group but she hadn't wanted her plight to be common knowledge... she still had nightmares of waking up and not being able to move at all, feeling her flesh harden in fibrous growth. She shuddered a little at the mere memory.

"I... uh.... the doctors here checked me out when I joined the team, Dr. Wintour." Rosa offers. She didn't think they were going to share those results but Rosa guessed that Makiko WAS technically a doctor under employment here, and was one of the world's leading experts on other-human medicine. If she wanted a measuring stick of how her magic use was arresting or reversing the lignification then Dr. Wintour was the best person to at least take regular measurements.

But Rosa's mother had warned that even she, an R.N., had heard... troubling things regarding the infamous Dr. Mercury. Still, if it helped keep it all scientific like.

"I... suppose we can see how..., like, the last mission affected... things... aslongasit'sonlylooking." she adds hastily.