Vigilantes (Interest)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Vigilantes (Interest)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sounds cool to me. As restrictive as magic sounds, I didn't really intend for it to be restrictive, so much as establishing the status quo for it. Learning new ways to use energy simply makes sense as society progresses with new ideas and technologies coming to light, mages would naturally evolve with it.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

My preference is M&M3e. But I do own Icons Assembled and would be down for that as well!
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'm kinda tempted to say i want to try something different, but if its not being enjoyable, flipping over to 3e.

What are people's thoughts on that? I know it might mean an interruption in play to whip up ported characters, but it's really rare to get to play something else, y'know?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Looks like there is only three interested so far, all leaning towards M&M (Shoutouts to H4H for being open to something different) and even then 2 to 1 for 3E over 2E.

Still, system aside, the setting doesn't seem to be really drawing people.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I may be interested. Just not sure how much time I have for another game. As for system, I have M&M and Fate.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You're likely to catch more with a wider net like 3e I figure, and from a personal standpoint I can't see anything wrong with the setting itself. Sounds very intriguing. Build it and they shall come, I say.

That said, as usual you mught just have more luck on the Ronin forums if submission looks weak.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm You're likely to catch more with a wider net like 3e I figure, and from a personal standpoint I can't see anything wrong with the setting itself. Sounds very intriguing. Build it and they shall come, I say.

That said, as usual, you might just have more luck on the Ronin forums if submission looks weak.
You're right about the system. Using something more mainstream is generally going to get more people. Still, hard to find games using other systems I have interest in playing, y'know? Can't blame a guy for trying.

In any case, I'll throw this interest thread up on Ronin and see what nibbles over there. I had assumed most people from there were also here, but of course, I could be off base on that.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I’ll post an interest. :)

Seems like the kind of world that Civil War might have developed into if the “Suits” had found a way to intimidate the “Powers” earlier in history aka the Inquisiton (awaiting obligatory Monty Python joke :))

My though is earlier mythological characters are actually Powers that formed communities and somewhere in history approx Roman times they started fading into the shadows of civilization, blending in.

So obviously I’m interested in a character inspired from mythology and 3e is my favorite game. Hope this builds to something.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Anyone who posted interest who is okay with playing on the other board should post up there as well so I can get an easier head count. :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 am I’ll post an interest. :)

Seems like the kind of world that Civil War might have developed into if the “Suits” had found a way to intimidate the “Powers” earlier in history aka the Inquisiton (awaiting obligatory Monty Python joke :))

My though is earlier mythological characters are actually Powers that formed communities and somewhere in history approx Roman times they started fading into the shadows of civilization, blending in.

So obviously I’m interested in a character inspired from mythology and 3e is my favorite game. Hope this builds to something.
I don't have any definitive date for the emergence of any of the powers types to be frank. I did say tech's are more recent, but it might be more accurate to say they have only been recently noticed or recognized. I can certainly get behind the idea of a steamtech-based Tech or some such

Worth noting, agelessness and immortality are exceedingly rare. Magic can manually repair the ravaged of ageing (matter and life together specifically) and it isn't considered necromancy or even "bad". The magic is closely guarded though, and while it's existence is known, No one knows exactly who does know it.

More than once for short stints a magical anti-aging concoction would surface on the market that legitimately worked. Sadly that almost means there is a veritable hydra of hoaxes.

Main point I am getting at Starguard, is if you are in fact looking to make a character that is the root of some mythology, they would be a very rare breed indeed to have survived so long.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dragons would probably fit the bill. Wanna be a Dragon Starguard? :lol:

I'm still sold on my idea of being a litterall tech-wiz, even found some art that could be appropriate. Possibly a low-grade Hyper-Intellect, or maybe enhanced some way via his datakinesis. I'm sure I'll iron out the details when it's time.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

:ugeek:

Well actually I was thinking the “genetic” legacy of the original figures in myth. A speedster fifty plus generations removed from the legendary Mercury/Hermès, or lightning throwers Thor/Raijin, descendants of the original myths born in the 21st century.

Hadn’t really thought it out yet but probably at least a bit inspired by Kirby’s Eternals and New Gods.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 am Seems like the kind of world that Civil War might have developed into if the “Suits” had found a way to intimidate the “Powers” earlier in history aka the Inquisiton (awaiting obligatory Monty Python joke :))
Noooobodddddeee expects the Spanish Inquisition !

(Your fault. You just HAAAAAD to show how old we are.)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, so far interest seems to be picking up on the other site, so I'll run it there with M&M 3e. So anyone who has posted interest here, that has not yet posted over there, and would still be interested in playing on Ronin Army, please head on over there. :)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

My 3e Fu is weak. So, I’m going to withdraw. Have fun, everyone!