Coke versus Pepsi

If you need to argue some point, do it here.
Ken

Re: Coke versus Pepsi

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote:Not to mention Cherry Coke and Wild Cherry Pepsi...
...or Cherry RC.

Actually, the best cherry cola is a "Roy Rogers" or, as Iike to call it, a "Shirly Temple, Black", where they actually mix the cherry flavouring into the cola on site.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Never had that one... poor deprived Canadian that I am. Must keep an eye out the next time I am in the states...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bladewind wrote:Never had that one... poor deprived Canadian that I am. Must keep an eye out the next time I am in the states...
Which one?

Any bar should be able to make a traditional cherry cola (though the movie star names will throw most modern bartenders).

Cherry RC? I don't know.

So, did you enjoy your turkey and stuffing, what was it, Monday, six or seven weeks ago?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Cherry RC.

Spent thanksgiving in the states actually... visiting six flags lake George....
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Coke ... always Coke ... unless it's Mt. Dew :)
- can't mix Mt. Dew with bourbon though ;)

BW takes me back twentyfive years to college exams ... All nighters with Jolt and Dominios prepping for Oral exams (a three three hour review of random professors one had asking questions from any course you had over the previous four years - fun stuff)

Step kids and mom trying to convert me to IBC root beer ... something about healthier if I insist of feeding my sweet tooth with fluids :?:

8-)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Bladewind wrote:Not to mention Cherry Coke and Wild Cherry Pepsi...
The only cherry cola is Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You can still Do the Dew ?

I`m known as the sweet tooth around these parts, and I can't drink the stuff anymore !
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So, early early 80s, a young Spectrum goes with his kindergarten class to the police station. Nice little tour, no real security concerns because not much more than speeding tickets are given out in the little suburb. At the end of it, we're gathered in a little group to look at a biiiiiiig poster of drugs. Given that this was the start of the War on Drugs, we're all expected to give a promise never to do drugs.

Little Spectrum comes to school the next day, worried and telling his teacher that his parents did Coke.

Never did develop a very good resistance to caffeine. Never really drake either Coke or Pepsi either.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
jcjec

Post by jcjec »

You know, I tried sniffing Coke once, but the bubbles kept tickling my nose.

One of my dad's favorite jokes. :D
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Right up there with never drink and drive... you might hit a bump and spill your drink.

(Not as funny anymore IMO, given the dangers of drinking and driving, but still)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Amazing that humanity has lasted as long as it has. You'd think that basic things would have wiped us all out ages ago.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

As long as it isn't vanilla, either will do. XD
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Coke, it's my 'drug' of choice. I don't drink alcohol anymore, I haven't since I was a teenager and I've never smoked or used recreational drugs. I do however drink at least two pint glasses full of coke and ice each day (Sometimes three)

I don't know if the recipe is changed to suit different societal tastes but our local fast food truck used to give away free bottles of coke if you spent over a certain amount, the writing on the bottles was only in Arabic and it tasted completely different to the coke we normally get in England.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Diet Coke for me, straight from the bottle or can. I hate fountain drinks. As far as root beer goes, some of the local craft root beer is really good and puts IBC root beer to shame.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

M4C8 wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 pmI don't know if the recipe is changed to suit different societal tastes but our local fast food truck used to give away free bottles of coke if you spent over a certain amount, the writing on the bottles was only in Arabic and it tasted completely different to the coke we normally get in England.
If I'm not mistaken, the formulas stay the same, it's the water used in the process that makes the difference. Florida water is different than Colorado. No matter the filtration process trace amounts are going to make a difference in the taste.