The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers IC

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"Gahalad, shut it down, you're getting overwhelmed. This place is suffused with evil and wrongness." she said, taking an empty Kodi-cup and filling it with pure, very cold water she created. "Drink this, it'll steady your stomach."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Galahad
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Thanks, but the Force comment was a joke and the first part was simple pragmatism."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

"I'm not Force Sensitive and this place is making me sick to my stomach. I can only imagine what it would do to a Jedi. Yetch." she made a face.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As you move past the guard and enter the cordoned-off-space proper, you can already see that this will be a ...strange mission. Milling about on the square before the courthouse are numerous people of all shapes and sizes. Most are human but some are decidedly not...you can see several burly figures, dark blue or darkly red-skinned with horns and visages only mothers could love. Then there are the...things that seem to be mostly masses of muscle, bare pale skin and scar tissue in the places where they are not stuffed with cruel-looking but sleek implants.
Or the pale desiccated-looking pointy-eared creatures dressed in leathers half sown into their skin.

Or the humanoids in the ill-fitting turbans, sickly yellow scarves and weirdly undulating forms underneath their robes.

Or the draconic-looking humanoids that...hold leashes with mutilated humans on the other end....

The thing you find yourself musing is...are the monsters the problem...or the humans mingling freely with them?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Assuming we could have gotten them, Hal starts up a hidden video recorder whos lens was on the forward-facing strap of his duffle. Without being able to receive data is could little more than be an accurate record of the bizarre scene before him but it would be a starting point. He'd have recommended this to the rest of the team as well.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The young woman barely managed to hide her disgust, both at the plight of the slaves and the fact that it was happening at all. She however wasn't surprised at the evil the free humans displayed. Just saddened and disgusted by it all.

ooc
If she has the equipment to do so, she will. Also, the water is just plain, cold water, but that can help settle stomachs.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As you approach the building, making your way through the throngs of talking, gibbering and hissing people and things, you notice a large electronic billboard near the entrance, showing the time the next auctions will start. The one for Enhancements is due in about 15 minutes.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal nods toward the enhancements auction area. 15 minutes might give them a chance to meet people. At least get names to faces. Maybe circumspectly feel out who might be their prime suspects.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

The girl followed, keeping an eye out for anything hinky. Well scratch that, everything was hinky here. So she just kept her eyes peeled.

ooc
So what's the objective again? I'm confused.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Morgan Koral
Condition: Normal
HP: 1
Cover Name: Tovas Li

Likewise following suit, and grateful for the mask helm that he had adopted, Koral steps forward with the others.

OOC - We're actually looking for a group, individual, or combo of the two that is producing Super Humans for sale. Either the process of giving powers, or producing Powered People for profit.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

OOC - Additionally, and correct me if I'm wrong, Neo, but they are also the ones that were killing Spice users, hired a Foot clan member to assault Long and Tracer, attacked us with a group of three bio-mechanoids, attacked Kevin Smith's studio with a different bio-mechanoid (deposited there by unlicensed teleportation technology) trying to claim/re-claim his stash of Spice, attacked us with machine guns when we tried to infiltrate their base, were illegally harvesting power-giving plants/substances.

What we 'know': There seems to be a shadowy organization involved (I don't have the means to look up names right now but Long pretended to be a dead guy Spice dealer, he was slipped a cell phone by a woman at the Mage's memorial. He called different numbers from it and only talked to two different people, both were nervous and surprised to hear from him as they were all supposed to remain quiet. [There was a different investigation involving Flagg and... Hannibal(?) involving crime bosses and biker gangs but I didn't follow it closely]. The captured Foot ninja told us about an address they were supposed to have used or met up at. We went there, fought biomechs, captured one.
The captured bio-mech told us about the teleportation system our enemies used, a cyber-mage built us a device to track it, it lead to studio>Smith>Stargate bio-mech>recall teleport>guy-in-charge and hired-geek (what were their names?).
We don't know if or how the Alaska(Antarctic?) base folk were connected to the earlier group of people who were somehow involved in the Spice deaths. If not sure if we found pictures or dossiers on the names of the guys at the secret base but Long, at least, is on the look out for the woman that slipped him the cell, hearing any of the voices he talked to on the phone, anyone that matches either guy-in-charge or hired-geek from the secret base.
Long will also listen for scuttle-butt on any groups making a power play with captured/repurposed/hired Merge tech.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As you make your way through the throngs, you hear so many fascinating snippets...

- The mon keigh have become so much more interesting now...powered slaves fetch grand prizes in the Dark City...

- Daemonbound weapons...yeah, I heard about the testing in Syria. Nah...not mad enough to get those. Tend to backfire.

- Heard they are developing a vaccine against the T-Virus so I'm going to get a sample before it becomes useless...

- War? Hrrm...we always at war. Pathetic pets...here they not obey...why? Still not understand...

- Is it true they have an Azathoth-bomb for sale?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Aislynn

She breathed deeply, keeping her center as she walked through the throng of wrongness and kept close to her comrades. She managed to keep from snarling at a dark-skinned elf with red eyes, who simply smirked at her. A moment later, the drow slid and fell on a patch of ice that appeared and disappeared just as quickly. She lowered her hand and moved to catch up with the others.

ooc
Using a bit of create ice on the floor for fluff.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hal frowns, recording the tibits of trivia without necessarily understanding most of them. They did all sound bad though. He looked for faces his recognized or listened for familiar voices.

"I don't wanna get too sidetracked but Either of you think any of those worth looking into?" He asks his fellows.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:09 am Hal frowns, recording the tibits of trivia without necessarily understanding most of them. They did all sound bad though. He looked for faces his recognized or listened for familiar voices.

"I don't wanna get too sidetracked but Either of you think any of those worth looking into?" He asks his fellows.
Aislynn

"All of it sounds worth following, but we'll wind up chasing our tails. Make a note of where everything is going and file it for others to look at. Right now, we need to stay on point." she looked disgusted with the entire situation. "And get out of here. This place is seriously screwing with my zen."

Battle Init