Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Kaisius

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Rise of King Sphinx IC thread

Post by Kaisius »

Magus Errant
Thomas Flynn
Hp 1

As the Peregrine banked over the scene, Thomas shifted into his Ephemeral Form. "I'll cover anyone caught out in the open, then re-enforce the building itself. It can't much more of this pounding." With that, he faded through the fuselage and descended, landing next to a badly damaged squad car. One officer was injured and pinned inside, her partner trying in vain to help, even as the robot returned its attention to them, its 50mm cannon spinning up to fire. "Ah. Yes. Hello.", He said, turning to the officers. "Magus Errant. No time to explain. This is going to be Weird." With that, Thomas grasped both officers by the shoulder and shifted all three of them in an Ephemeral state. As the cannon spit death at them, he flew them through the ruined vehicle and the resultant explosion. Finding shelter behind a more durable APC, he shifted them back and called for a medic. "She's got a dislocated shoulder and two broken ribs.", he told the EMT quickly. "Multiple lacerations on both, but not obvious wounds. They're also suffering transition shock, I had to get them out in hurry." Seeing the puzzled look on the medic's face, he quickly explained. "They are conscious and aware, but won't be able to speak for a few minutes. Go!"

Returning to the front line, Thomas saw a break in the action: a new player, clad in blue, stepped (or floated, rather) into the scene, drawing the attackers attention. Seizing the opportunity, Thomas began casting the Sumimura Barrier. On their side, the assembled police saw a shimmering blue wall, 100' on a side, framing a complex shield-like sigil sprang into existence between them and the AX-11. From the other side, the walls appearance was almost wisp-like. Unless that thing has some very esoteric sensors, Thomas thought to himself, he may not even realize the Barrier is there...I hope...
OoC" wrote:I'll use Conjuration to create the barrier. Initiative 1d20+6=26
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Lithos
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Lithos thought for a moment - the first responders and other life saving crew will not approach until the scene is secure (that is, no giant robot unleashing massive firepower at anything that moves). Which means she and the rest of the supers that are undoubtedly arriving will need to take this thing down fast; every minute the rescue workers are delayed puts the injured that much closer to greater harm or death.

But how DO you knock down a gigantic robot quickly and safely ?

She heard a familiar voice, and looked to the sky. Gladius had arrived ! His power to nullify explosions should be a big help against someone using missiles and conventional weaponry.

Well, at least that seems to be all that the pilot has been unleashing thus far.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
HP: 2

Kirk watched as Magus left through the hull of the Peregrine, that was a neat trick he had to admit. Seeing the AX-11 in action quickly ended Kirk's appreciation of his ally's abilities. Thankfully it didn't seem that it was armed with any kind of weapons beyond conventional, though that clearly was enough to make it a serious threat.

Landing the Peregrine Hornet shrunk down to his "fighting size" as he rose from his seat, his flight harness keeping him in the air with an all too familiar "zzzzzz" as he headed for the exit door and quickly made his way to the mounting conflict. Along the way he noticed the blue and yellow clad youngster calling for the attention of the ZX-11's pilot and the large stone woman standing near the border of the mess. He wasn't entirely sure who they were but their intentions were pretty clear, and Hornet was glad for the help given how short-handed the Protectors were at the moment.

Trusting in his small stature to give him a bit of an edge, Hornet moved himself close to the AX-11 in order to help the younger fellow challenging it.

OOC wrote:Stealth Check: _: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

A number of events coalesce into action very quickly. First Thomas makes a magical entrance and saves two officers mere seconds before the Robot turns their upended car into scrap. the EMTs rush to aid the wounded officers and Thomas with a quick round of concentration and focus creates a shimmering barrier that fold into place between the civilians and the beleaguered officers and the Warmahcine trampling all over them.

A moment later as the Ax turns to pick a new target, a car impacts the side of the machine rocking it slightly The giant cyclopean head turns towards Gladius who taunts the pilot who responds violently when the six smaller lenses to the sides of the main sensor eye prime with bright blue stars before letting fly with a cascade of ionic energy that slams into Gladius like a freight train with a ferocious impact.

The officers are shocked by Vigs sudden appearance but forced to take cover when the AX fire on Gladius one enterprising officer manages to get a call out to dispatch. "No way to get anyone there right now, this guys got everyone either locking down intersections or evacuating people its chaos right now, even 911s lit up like a Christmas tree."

Ok and away we go with Gladius tossing he car initiatve kicks in

Magus 26
Gladius 24
Vigilante 14
Lithos 14
Hornet no count yet
Dragonfyre _: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
AX-11 _: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12

Heh looks like even with the Robots Combat computer its going last

So Thomas creates the Barrier between the Police and the AX no effect at this time until he fires on it but a hero point for protecting the officers and civilians behind him good daring do. Also the Pilot does not realize the barrier is there thanks to Gladius

The car gets Marks attention and Marks will fire its Ion beams _: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
yep solid hit a DC 25 impact

Marks perception check _: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
GAHAHHAHAHA :lol: yeah enhanced sensors or not hes not seeing Hornet in that mess Kirk cna get as close to the Ax-11 as he dares

Viglante and Lithos are up Vig goes first for any acts that might conflict with each other due to hgiher agility
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Lithos
HP : 2, then 0

Lithos winced when the mech blasted Gladius, but figured as long as he's firing at tough opponents like her and Gladius, he's NOT firing on civilians.

"Well, he got him distracted. Now, what to do ..." Lithos mused for a moment before coming up with an idea.

That mech looked a bit top heavy (probably from all the weapons packed inside).

So she decided to turn that to her advantage with a quick hop to get in close enough to grab one of the legs, then simply toss the giant robot face down into the ground !
ooc : Using Accurate Attack for +2 to bring basic Grab to +8.
Burning an HP to temporarily gain 'Improved Trip'
Attempting grab _: 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
- pretty sure that would fail against all but a stationary object. Burning a HP to try again.
Re-attempting grab _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
- with the +10 for being less than 11, the total becomes 28.
If that manages to connect, she'll use her Athletics +12 vs the lesser of the mech's Acrobatics (which shouldn't be that high) or Athletics.
Last edited by Prof Weird on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Vigilante
HP- 1/0 Condition-Bruised?(unsure due to scene change...)

Wincing in sympathy when he saw AX-11 nail Gladius,jack had to make a snap decision: go after Shockwave&her cronies or deal with this thing...Grabbing a box of Flash Bang Grenades from the nearby SWAT van,Jack leapted over the Debris,throwing the Flashers at the AX-11's Sensory Suite as he yelled out to the other heroes and Cop's
"Anyone that can,go for the Sensor Suite! It SHOULD automatically switch to a Diagnostic mode and lock the Pilot out..."
OK,burning a Hero Point for 2 actions this turn : Startle on the Pilot and lobbing Flash Bang Grenades at the AX-11's Visual & Audio Sensors...
7+12=19 (Startle attempt) i'll leave it alone,as it's higher than 11 total...
14+14=28 Flash bang attack DC is 13 Fort. If it hits...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Gladius
Condition: Bruised -1, Dazed
HP: 1

Toughness: 1d20+12 19

19s a fail by 2 degrees so a bruise and a dazed for Gladius.

Despite the solid hit, Gladius had succeeded in getting the mech's attention. He shook his head, that calm look of confidence that he normally wore momentarily shaken.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]

Seeing that the AX-11 hadn't noticed him yet in all the chaos it was causing, Hornet moved in even closer to take advantage of its massive size and his less than massive size - easily finding a way into the inner workings of the machine where his technical expertise could be put to good use as he seeks out the power system to disable.

OOC wrote:Technology Check to disable the AX-11: _: 1D20+16 = [5]+16 = 21.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

The action heats up in rapid fire succession as the disparate heroes leap into action. Magus Errant quickly shields the civilians and uses his well earned knowledge to aid rescuers in saving lives.

Gladius takes a hard hit from the Robots impressive arsenal. But before he can take any more Vigilante makes a move by hurling a crate full of flashbangs at the robots ""head"" the resultant explosion of light and sound overloads the AX-11s sensors momentarily bringing a string of curses from the pilot who fires blindly in Jacks direction but only hits the street where he was at.

Lithos takes a more direct action and gets herself a handful of armored leg initially she has trouble as the machines moving around causes difficulties but she soon manages to dig her fingers into the metal plates and begins to apply her enormous strength against he massive mechas weight, the mechas computers squawk warnings at its pilot of the mecha becoming unstable and Marks quickly tries to compensate, the mechas internal gyro system aiding him in this fashion.

Meanwhile Hornet attempts to find a point of entry for the mecha so he can do what hes done so well in the past Enter and Break. However he recognizes a few tricks the Army and AEGIS have been using lately, even seeing some of his own work darnit turned against him as the machine is tightly sealed even the venting system is too hot for him to enter without better protection then he has. He does however realize that if he can get a breach he knows where he can hit to do some serious damage to the metal behemoth.

Ok actions in order

Thomas is currently defending the civilians and cops for this round and aids the paramedics in saving the life of one of the officers

Gladius gets the robots attention and takes hit

Vigilante ill ignore the startle attempt as that would be a standard action and hes in a big honking robot so no biggy there the flashbangs do hit hes effectively immune to fort effects but the attempt to blind the sensors is a sound one. Ill rule hes visually impaired for one round till the sensors clear the clutter. Good thinking there.

Lithos he reroll hits and Lthos grabs the massive mecha around one of its oversized ankles and does successfully grab

The Pilot will defend with a pilot roll _: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
thats a 28 because I forgot his dex on the skill roll youll need to beat the 28 with a strength check since lithos doesn't have athletics

The tech check gives some insight into the Ax-11s systems its hardened against environmental threats and not accessible at this moment youd need a breach have a hero point for the inconvenience BUT the roll does mean you can do some serious damage if you can get inside.

just need Lithos strength check against for the trip result then well see what marks action is

Magus 26
Gladius 24
Vigilante 14
Lithos 14
Hornet 10 till further notice

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Lithos' STR check vs 28 _: 1D20+14 = [10]+14 = 24
- well, at least she had a CHANCE of beating a number that high. Not a good one, but a chance.
"Hmm, apparently these things are more stable than they look ..." Petra noted to herself.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]

Hornet bit back a small curse as he saw just how well built the AX-11 was built. Time for some teamwork it seemed and with Magus currently busy protecting the crowd that mean it was going to be one of the newbies. Seeing Lithos hold her own against the mini-mech, Hornet fly near her. "Hi there, Lithos right? I'm Hornet. If possible could you make an opening big enough for me to fit through? I could likely shut this bad boy down fairly quickly."

OOC wrote:Crap I forgot to roll my Initiative. Oh well, I'll just go with the base 10 there and not worry about it.

A quick post otherwise, just a little something to introduce myself to one of the new PCs.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Lithos
HP : 0

Lithos was a bit surprised that the mech was still standing - apparently the pilot was VERY good at his job.

She heard a voice speak to her, and she quickly looked around - and noticed a six inch tall figure flying near her.
"Hi there, Lithos right? I'm Hornet. If possible could you make an opening big enough for me to fit through? I could likely shut this bad boy down fairly quickly."
"That's The Hornet !" she recalled, "Technology guru. Just what we need !"

Lithos thought for a moment. "An opening through that plating you could fit through ? Shouldn't be a problem !"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Lithos

As Lithos gives the oversized mech a good shove she feels the Pilot compensate aided perhaps by what Hornet recognizes as a Gyroscopic stabilization system that would be needed in something that big and awkward.

"You Bastards wont stop me dammit!! You're protecting a thief and a liar and Ill expose him one way or another!! NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!!" Marks roars over the mechas loud speakers

He rights the mecha and leaps backwards on a roar of thruster fire landing with an enormous clang about thirty feet back from Lithos then raises the handheld cannon which roars to life and belches fire as a veritable swarm of high powered rounds tear apart the air and slam into Lithos and anything else in the area. Hornet is fortunately able to hide behind Lithos safely the Stone woman's size more then enough to shield him. Lithos is able to weather the worst of it and her connection to the earth keeps her safe enough to survive some serious pain.

Ok the so that almost got him but not quite

the AX-11 will bunny hop back on its jump jets and use its Autocannon _: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18
beleive that would hit Lithos for a DC 27 impact However because Vig blinded it for a bit that misses by 1

That brings us to Hornet when you are ready sir
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hornet:
[Kirk McGlothlin]
Lithos thought for a moment. "An opening through that plating you could fit through ? Shouldn't be a problem !"
Hornet grins at Lithos' response. "Good, when you're ready then."
"You Bastards wont stop me dammit!! You're protecting a thief and a liar and Ill expose him one way or another!! NOW GET OUT OF MY WAY!!" Marks roars over the mechas loud speakers

He rights the mecha and leaps backwards on a roar of thruster fire landing with an enormous clang about thirty feet back from Lithos then raises the handheld cannon which roars to life and belches fire as a veritable swarm of high powered rounds tear apart the air and slam into Lithos and anything else in the area. Hornet is fortunately able to hide behind Lithos safely the Stone woman's size more then enough to shield him. Fortunately Lithos is able to weather the worst of it and her connection to the earth keeps her safe enough to survive some serious pain.
Hornet was tried to respond to the pilot's rant but was cut off by his useage of the mech's heavy weapons. Seeing that there was little other option than to play things out the hard way, Hornet flew out from behind Lithos and towards the X-11. "So what has Senator Ramsey done that you need to do things this way? Did he take too much out of your taxes?"

OOC wrote:Deception Check (for Feint): _: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15, hmmm not great but I'll go with it. Any bonuses gained I'll use Set-Up to transfer them to Lithos for her attack.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Everyone

Hornets attempt to get Marks to talk in order to distract him doesn't work quite as intended save that it unleashes a torrent of foul language over the loudspeakers that could curdle milk. However among the ranting the heroes do catch several possible leads to explore once the dangers done.

Meanwhile Marks continues to unleash a virtual firestorm of ordinance on the heroes Peppering them with every thing from machinegun fire to Autocannon rounds to mini-missiles to Lasers. The team is forced to scramble to cover or in some cases just hunker down and e thankful for nigh invulnerable skin or skin made of hardened stone.

The firepower being unleashed is deafening but is nearly washed out when Tony shakes the very earth with a roar of Kaiju esque proportions before unleashing a hellacious wave of fire that sears the very air in the vicinity turning it into an oven. The gout of dragon flame washes over the armored warmachine like a wave obscuring it for moments before the smoke clears to the sight of the AX-11 standing untouched save for wisps of smoke coming off it. Clearly the US Military developers did a phenomenal job making this thing able to weather the punishment of the battlefield.

"Guys I'll do some digging see if I can find if theres anything to his claims against Senator Ramsey, but you've got to stop that thing!" Elena calls out over the comms as Tony is knocked for a loop by a blast of Lasers from the AX-11s 'eyes'

Marks Insight check _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
sheesh Now you roll high for me when its against MY players silly CC :P

yeah hes too furious in this case to be distracted

Tony will Power attack for max his dragon flames _: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
that's a hit for a DC 31 impact

The Ax-11s toughness save _: 1D20+14 = [19]+14 = 33
is up to the task build em tough where they come from.
Magus 26
Gladius 24
Vigilante 14
Lithos 14
Hornet 10

Back to the top and Magus sir when youre ready. :)

apologies again for the delay as well RL what can we do? :oops:

Catsi stories