The Merge: Agents & Powers (OOC for chapter 2)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Agents & Powers (Interest)

Post by Bladewind »

Do I get those for Galahad too? Historically, we`ve given accumulated HP to all newcomers and changed characters, but wanted to ask the question before assuming.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I added the points to Galahad.

tweaked a few small things to accommodate but found a way to give him his temple robes and access to them.
Essentially, he now has nanomorph armor. Traits will always be the same, but he can change clothes at any moment. Doesn't really suit the Jedi side of him, but does fit with working with the DXDO.

And I changed his main pic.

I haven't updated the build in my thread yet. Just the one in this thread.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

deleted as promised.
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:08 am, edited 9 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

kirinke wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 pm Aislynn Revised Build

SKILLS
1(10) Acrobatics
6 Athletics
1(6) Expertise (Police Sciences)
1(6) Insight
1(8) Investigation
1(6) Perception
1(10) Persuasion
1(6) Sleight of Hand
1(7) Stealth
PP 14

ELEMENTAL BENDING ARRAY
Elemental Bending: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Selective, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Air, Water and Ice)
Alt Blessings of the wind: Comprehend: Comprehend 7 (Linked; Animals - Speak To, Animals - Understand, Languages - Read All, Languages - Speak All, Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood, Spirits - Communicate), Senses: Senses 2 (Linked; Detect: Spirits 2: ranged)
Alt Elemental Kinesis: Shapeable Area Move Object 6 (3200 lbs.; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Precise, Selective; Limited Material 2: Air, Water and Ice)
Alt Elemental Shaping: Shapeable Area Create 6 (Volume: 60 cft., DC 16; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Duration: continuous, Precise, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Air, Water, Ice)
Alt Elemental Trap (snare): Shapeable Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged, Selective, Variable Descriptor: broad group - Air, Water, Ice)
PP 31
If you're listing skills like defenses then your first number seems to come from your attribute, in which case, I think Athletics comes off strength, not stamina. No skill comes off stamina.

I don't think Create is something you can add the Area extra to. The amount you create is determined by the rank of the Create. The shape is determined by what you can create (negotiated with the GM).

I'm assuming you got Bladewind's okay for the whole Avatar thing cuz isn't there only supposed to be one? And they have a pretty important job already.

Avatar state is pretty powerful in the shows, and if you say it gives Aislynn the ability to use all elemental powers for a time then you talking about unlimited power stunts at a whim. Might want to negotiate that more with the GM.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Thanks for the build advice (I made the changes and also re-added her skills. Turned out they were a bit more than I thought, so I took out some advantages. I kinda forgot to ask Bladewind if I could include Galahad in on it (If he doesn't want to involve Galahad, I'll change it of course). As for the Avatar thing, it hasn't cropped up yet in game and Neo said okay.

As far as the Avatar thing, it is very important, so I'm putting it as a complication, which it really is lol. For her it's like cool, new powers. Crap! More responsibility how am I going to balance this with that!?

On the shows, if I remember correctly at best they're exhausted after they leave the state, at worst, they're out cold (at one point, I think Aang was out a week due to it). So it's not unlimited and it does come with some pretty severe after-shocks as it were and you need to use a Luck or Hero point to do it. Depending on what she does while in the State, I can leave it up to the GM to decide how exhausted she is or even if she becomes unconscious after and we can discuss what she can do before that happens. That's not a problem, I'm always pretty agreeable with that sort of thing.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm
I'm assuming you got Bladewind's okay for the whole Avatar thing cuz isn't there only supposed to be one? And they have a pretty important job already.

FYI - not familiar enough with the series to comment there.

Also, always preferable to edit the original version of the character sheet to avoid multiple postings.

Flynn - always appreciate your eye on builds. :D
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Yeah, I'll erase this one and post it in the original when it gets approved, I just don't want to get rid of the old one until then because of it. :oops:

I appreciate you looking over things as well. After all a second pair of eyes never hurts. :lol:

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Do you have Hero High (Revised) ? I could see the Holding Back advantage being applicable for the Avatar.
As for there being only one, with the Merge, some "only ones" have found that there can be two, even if there should have only been one.

Holding Back would need Neo's approval though. As for the advantage, I've worked it into my Supergirl build and I find it pretty neat.

I haven't checked the math in detail, but a few things:

Comprehend; Speak All/ Be Understood isn't really necessary. If everyone can understand you, you essentially speak all. At best, that's a point for selective on Be Understood.

Elemental Kinesis is a little weird to me - how does Moving Air work? Sounds like a descriptor for other powers.

As Flynn said, an area effect on Create is redundant.

I personally think you should try and find the points for some Environmental Effects: dropping temps, creating mist, that sort of thing.

Also:
Suffocation: Ranged Progressive Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated) • 4 points per rank
Drown: Ranged Cumulative Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated), Concentration • 4 points per rank
Encase: Ranged Affliction (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage; Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized), Extra Condition, Limited Degree • 2 points per rank
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I kinda didn't want Suffocation because it didn't fit the Air bending philosophy. They're more defense than offense and really, she still has that Air Bending mentality.
As Flynn said, an area effect on Create is redundant.
Gah. I thought I took that out. I'll have to work on it some more Lol. Heh. This is why I don't paste a potential rebuild into the old one until it's been looked at. :lol:

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Re: suffocation - That makes sense. As I said, not familiar with the source material. :P
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nothing else in M&M lets you activate it with either a Hero point or a Luck point.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:43 pm Nothing else in M&M lets you activate it with either a Hero point or a Luck point.
Yeah and it perfectly describes the Avatar State too! So I put that in and made the suggested changes. Now to build the PL 10 version.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm curious, why didn't people like the characters they pitched anymore? Is it because the nature of the player-compliment changed and more are required of fewer characters?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Sometimes you get other ideas. With mine, I was wanting a bit more versatility, but I still liked the original concept. So presto. Avatar.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:33 pm I'm curious, why didn't people like the characters they pitched anymore? Is it because the nature of the player-compliment changed and more are required of fewer characters?
Well, for me, it was the twelve foot robot thing. Wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I've wanted to put a Jedi in the mix since the original game pitched, but always got beaten to it. I supposed I could have pitched anyway, but there's always been this unspoken rule of not pitching the same niche or concept (or at least, feels like it for the most part.)