New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Okay zen." Fluxx says, casting a wary glance at the cryomancer. "My idea involves two, possibly zree, groups - Searchers and Distraction and possibly Extraction."

"One of ze Crux operatives was badly beaten by Lex." Martin adopts the appearance of the beaten, but alive operative. "If 'e pounds on ze front door, his wits and speech garbled by ze beating, he can draw all attention frontward while ze searchers invisibly search from ze back of ze building. I can get you in ze back quietly so you don't 'ave to break in. If you find ze brozers you can secure zeir release in whatever means you can. Possibly zere can be a small team by ze external breaker box ready, upon a signal, to shut off power and create a means of escape for ze Searchers."

"If I serve as Distraction zen I can always release a knock-out cloud to zose assembled, Or if it's Greystone, wiz me worn as clozing, same zing. Ursa and Vestige are ze physically strongest outside of Greystone so zey might be a good Extraction team or maybe Vestige alone or Vestige and Magnitude can 'andle it. I assume Flight would not be needed inside, and Magnitude's recent concussion means I'd recommend 'e stay out of any potential conflict. Just stay 'idden until ze signal is given, cut power, zen make a breach."

"We can stay on comms every step of ze way. And I would offer a bracelet of my mass to a member of ze ozer teams for secondary communication. I can also channel my power zrough ze bracelet should my talents of 'Ealing be needed." Martin again offers his flesh bands.

"I am open to ozer ideas or plans."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #28: The Garden of Earthly Delights (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4

"I'm in favor of the three team idea, Searchers, Distraction and Extraction. I agree that Martin would be best for Distraction while me, Ursa, Vestige and Taheka handling the searching, with Imago, Magnitude and Shiver being the extraction team."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx considers. "Imago inside makes more sense. 'E can keep people 'idden, offers a non-lezal means of disabling ze 'umans, and is an extra set of searching eyes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Greystone:
[Jack Rexroth]
HP: 4

"I'd be ok with trading Imago for Taheka."
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

INSIDE
Steven looked up to the ceiling of their makeshift cell. “Is there anything to hang it from? I can barely see up there... plus, I don’t know if I have the upper arm strength. Hell, you handed me my ass a few months back, and you’re just a gymnast...

“No offense.

“Again, just go wild with the electricity. If I die, it’s not like it matters. What do I have going for me, man? A dad who wishes I was never born, a mom who betrayed her own family for some racist bullshit, and you. The only friend I got I haven’t spoken to in almost a year. I had a girlfriend in another country that I’ll never see again anyone. No one is going to miss me, man. Hell, that speeb school of yours would probably throw you a parade for offing me.”

OUTSIDE
“And which team should I be on?” asked Robyn. “Or did you forget about me? It’s fine if you did, but so help me, you’d best not’ve forgot about Dre...”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
McGuffin

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #26 - The Persistence of Memory (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by McGuffin »

Ursa
HP: 3
Cnd: Fine

Otso nodded to Martin and Jack, it was a good plan.
It helped that it involved him staying close to Bea. When Robyn spoke up, Otso just stared blankly for a moment, then spoke. "I volunteer Robyn for the Extraction team."
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"Extraction works for me" Tamati agrees not too fussed which group he is in and ... thanks Otso ...
Ursa wrote: Otso nodded to Martin and Jack, it was a good plan.
It helped that it involved him staying close to Bea. When Robyn spoke up, Otso just stared blankly for a moment, then spoke. "I volunteer Robyn for the Extraction team."
"Sweet you ready to save the Murphys Robyn?"
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 3 CND: Normal

"It's not about strength, you just wrap it around your arm a couple times so it's doing on the lifting, and you just hold on so it doesn't unwrap," Lex points out then adds, "And have you ever actually tried doing some gymnastics? You basically have to be able to lift your whole body with your arms for some of this shit."

"Also, just throwing this out there, girls in skin tight suits."

Lex rolls his eyes at the parade comment.

"You've never actually paid attention at school have you?"

"I talk to like... Doug and Kirstie. Gaspar's... gone. Martin tollerates me and pretty much everybody else hates my guts,"
He laughs, "Hell if you'd just kept your mouth shut you'd have been the popular one by default."

Lex shrugs, then takes another quick look around to see if he can pick up any nearby electronics. If anybody was guarding the door this might get interesting.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
Condition: Fatigued

Violet rolled her eyes at the overwrought planning session. "Just tell me who to follow so we can get them out of there. I'll ice anyone else we see on the way."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

INSIDE (Lex; NPCs: Steven)
What little light funneled into the tank showed Lex his brother's frown. "I'm sorry about your friend. I've heard some people say that he might not be dead--just... in another world... like how that snooty kid or the Australian kid are in ours?" He began to slip his belt off. "Wherever he is, he's there because he chose to fight to save the world... including assholes like me and Lillian and these dicks."

Doubling it over, Steven began to jump up and swing his belt at the roof--trying to hook anything. "That's... That's kind of why I came down here. Your friend went out a badass, and that deserves respect. So do you. You were gone for months, all because you decided to fight to protect a whole planet full of people too stupid to get that they owe you a big one. That our mom could do what she did? That she could just help people like them after everything you and whatever his name is gave up for all of us?" Steven dropped to the floor with a splash. He hadn't been able to hook his belt on anything. Maybe there was nothing up there to hook it onto.

He spat. "To hell with Lillian and TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM!" He slammed the bottom of his fist against the wall of the tank. "Look, you tell anyone this and I'll kill you, but..." He sighed. "I'm jealous of you. I wanted the powers. I wanted to be a superhero. I guess we'll never know what would have happened three months ago... if I'd had powers? I mean, would I have done what you did? Would I have gone up on that spaceship and fought them like that, not knowing if I was coming back alive?

"I hope I would have." He shrugged. "Like I said: we'll never know. All I know... you and your speeb friends risked it all for people like me, and this is how we thank you.

"This isn't working, man... Like I said: when they open it up, just fry their asses. Doesn't matter if I get caught up in it or not. Better one of us walks out of here than neither."

Lex was concentrating--sensing for nearby electrical devices. There were tons--none in their immediate vicinity, but tons nearby. So many devices--phones and headphones and televisions and computers and cars and tasers, he imagined... but then there were eight, hovering a hundred feet above them. There was no electrical utility running that high, so the building wasn't that tall. It was someone flying... someone begin held in the air, like Magnitude had a penchant for doing.

The cavalry was here.

OUTSIDE (Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Magnitude, Puck, Vestige)
"We can save the Murphys and more so," Puck said. "If we do this all sneaky-sneaky like, we could take the Murphy brothers out and I could transform two other people to look like Lex and Steven and leave them in their place." The fey shrugged. "We could teach at least two of them what their doing to other people feels like." She looked to Shiver and grinned. "Ask nicely and I'll make sure one of them is Wolf.

"Ooo, or I could take Lex's place!" Puck began to clap enthusiastically. "They can operate on me... and my barbed testicles and acid-spraying cock! It'll be ever-so traumatic for them!"
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There are times Martin cursed his Eidetic Memory.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25 - Jeopardy! (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 6

"If you'll forgive me for being a party-pooper, Robyn... NO." Imago finally uttered. "Perhaps you could figure out some other non-lethal gift to leave behind."

Because it was increasingly apparent that Puck needed some form of constant amusement. Or an addiction.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bypassing Robyn's contribution entirely, Martin steps to first Imago, then Taheka, offering to secure a band around their respective wrists. The band itself is warm and they can feel a heartbeat if their fingers linger. Imago's band is a bit thicker and has a cavity leading to a deep indent.

"Taheka, if you need my attention tap repeatedly upon ze bracelet. Imago, I am able to hear zrough yours." Indeed, if any could see, they would note the cowl of Fluxx's Vindicator outfit was minutely lopsided indicating that he had reallocated one of his ears.

"Let's drop off Team Extraction, I can phase Team Searcher in one at a time zrough ze rear wall, Imago first so 'e can make ze ozers invisible as I bring zem, zen I will go around front to provide Distraction. I'll keep my comm line open and try to get clues to guide ze Searchers but you'll likely be reliant upon whatever Vestige can pick up or ze noses of Ursa or Greystone. Shiver, we will be separated and my comm may fail or need to be left be'ind, so I may 'ave to adapt my tactic which means I could, at any time, look like Wolf or anyone else in zere - same for Imago or Greystone. Please do not indiscriminately freeze or use lezal attacks on any targets you might see. Zis goes for everyone, please. If in doubt, give ze callsign 'Rembrandt' and ze counter sign will be 'Faustus'. Okay?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
Condition: Fatigued

Violet sighed. "Just make sure your disguise isn't armed. Because if someone pulls a gun on me, I'm not waiting for a callsign. Deal?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx nods once. As much as he wanted this done without harm he couldn't deny anyone a right to defend themselves.