Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment CLOSED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment]

Post by Camus »

Id like to resubmit Scylla for this game, not sure how low down did she ended up in the first recruitment, so Im hopeful shell make it this time!
Camus wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:28 pm Image

The war with the Greek gods had some unseen consequences for the world. At least initially. Within the realm of the gods, their defeat at the hands of the Regime had terrible consequences. All mighty Zeus authority was undermined by loosing to the mortal Superman. Rebellions sprouted in many factions. Titans were unleashed and challenged the gods. Ancient monsters that were kept prisoner, released. The Ancient world shook with the tremors of war. Just. As. He. Planned. Ares was delighted with the chaos unleashed. But lets look back in time, to those days that were as cruel but simpler. In those days lived an innocent nereid, whose beauty threatened that of the gods. He was pursued by several suitors, and that made the resentful Aphrodite jealous. She sent the evil sorceress Circe to take away her beauty. And the sorceress did so by brewing a dreadful potion with one of Aphrodite's hair. She mixed the potion in Syclla's pool, and when the nereid swam in it, she was transformed in a hideous monster! Her head morphed to that of a terrible reptile, her neck elongated and turned she grew two extra heads full of teeth! Her body turned into a mass of tentacles. In despair and sorrow, she fled from her pond to the deeps of the sea. There she grew large and resentful of the gods. However, Father Poseidon took pity on her and gave her a purpose. She would flood the islands of the humans, and steal land from Zeus for him alongside another monster, Charybdis. Charybdis was a beautiful and powerful Atlantean witch. Scylla was happy to be respected by her father and be of use to the inhabitants of the seas. However Zeus wasn't going to stand idle and let her and Charybdis turn his people into water. He singlehandedly defeated them and turned Charybdis into an even more hideous monster, and chained both in the strait of Sicily.
Scylla waited and waited for Father Poseidon to come to rescue them, but he never came. But Scylla never forgot. She was supposed to devour humans from ships, but instead stole cattle and the occasional sailor. She would pretend to devour them, but instead kidnapped them so they could tell her about the world, both of the surface and of Atlantis, as some of her victims were atlanteans, and after that she released them.
Ages passed in a blink, and more than once Scylla was at the edge of loosing her sanity, as her companion did centuries ago. Had she not kept up her tradition of snatching sailors instead of eating them, she would have succumbed to that same senseless state. Every time the water sink towards Charybdis, she couldn't help to sigh sadly.
Now lets zoom in back to our current time. Ares has led the realm of the gods to utter chaos, and gods and titans do war against each other in an apocalyptic free for all. It was in this battle that Poseido remembered his children trapped by Zeus. Having his elder brother lost face after the battle with Superman, Poseidon thought he could use Scylla and Charybdis for his own machinations once more. When he came to Scylla and freed her from her bound, she lashed out at him and escaped. Charybdis on the other hand was already little more than a beast, and Poseidon tamed her with ease. Little attention did he pay to Scylla, as she swam away into the world of the humans. As she drew away from the realm of the gods, the effect of Circe-s potion grew weaker, and soon Scylla found herself almost in her old self! She was quite delighted by this of course, and promptly forgot about vengeance, justice and the problems that plagued the world of men. There were enough oddities around by that time that a blue skinned rather attractive nereid didn't really seem all that weird. A couple of years in her newfound life went really fast, and she began to see in full effect what she had considered a salvation, that is, Superman-s Regime. It was oddly and disturbingly similar to the iron fist Zeus kept on her world. And much like in her world, there were heroes and villains on the human world. Perhaps, perhaps she could do something about this, something to help the people of this world, the innocents like she was, like Charybdis was. She could stood by like Poseidon did and see them suffering, but that would make her as bad as he is. No, something needed to be done. The ruthless violence was going to be stopped, if it meant turning back into the creature that terrorized the hearts of sailors once more, she would do it. And then she wouldnt stop there. Charybdis could be saved, her world could be saved from Ares machinations!

Name: Scylla the Nereid Height 1,65 mts / 35 mts
Weight 50 kg / roughly 21 tons
Hair: Wateryblue Feature Nereid
Eyes: Green Age: Thousands

Complications
Justice... Sorta: Scylla has a very narrow vision of justice, more appropriate of another age, another time. That vision might make her clash with more modern visions of justice.
Charybdis : Charybdis is dear to Scylla, although she is not sane anymore, Scylla hopes to be able to return her to who she was.
Poseidon: Scylla is resentful t her father for betraying her and left her and Charybdis forgotten.
Zeus: Zeus might have lost face but he is still incredibly powerful among the gods. The heresy of escaping from her punishment would not pass inadvertently to him.
Regime: Scylla is seeing the parallelism between the Regime and Zeus' rule. She strongly hates both, but so far aside from minor battles against them she hasn't figure out exactly how to fight them. But they know she is an enemy of the system now.

Abilities ( 48 pp)
Strength 4 , Stamina 4 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 8 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 2 , Precence 4 .

Powers ( 55 pp)
- Scylla the Monster ( Alternate form : Activation: One standard action. -2pp ) · 46 point/s
- Terrorizing roar ( Affliction 10 : Vulnerable & Impaired, Defenseless & Stunned. Extra condition, limited degree. Perception area (hearing). Resisted by Will ) · 20 point/s
- Charybdis´ Legacy ( AP: Transform 5 : Organic into water (3/r). Increased mass 5. Affects 800 lb ) · 1 point/s
- Lashing out ( Elongation 4 : 360 feet in +2 size rank from growth. +4 grab attacks ) · 4 point/s
- Three heads and five Tentacles ( Extra Limbs 5 : Fast grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold ) · 7 point/s
- Monstrous size ( Growth 8 : +8STR, +8STA, +4 Intimidate, -8 Stealth, -4 active defenses, size rank 0 (30 ft tall). Permanent. ) · 16 point/s

-Nereid biology ( Immunity 2: Age and Drowning ) · 2 point/s
-Eyes of the deep ( Senses 2 Darkvision ) · 2 point/s
-Child of the Sea ( Swimming 5) · 5 point/s

Advantages ( 16 pp)
Attractive 2 , Diehard 1 , Evasion 2 , Favoured environment (Water) 1 , Improved aim 1 , Inspire 4 , Luck 4 , Power attack 1.

Skills ( 11 pp)

Acrobatics 0 (+ 2 ), Deception 4 (+ 8 ), Athletics 0 (+ 4 ), Expertise () 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 4 (+ 6 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuasion 6 (+ 10 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 8 ), Ranged 0 (+ 0 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 6 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 4 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 4 (+ 6 ).

Offence
Initiative: 2
Dreadful bite (unnarmed) + 8 Attack for DC: 27
Tentacle entanglement (Grab) + 10 Attack for DC: 20
Terrorizing Roar (Affliction) + Burst area Attack for DC: 20
Charybdis´ Legacy (transform) + 8 Attack for DC: 15

Defence (Nereid form/Monster form) ( 20 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 12/8
Dodge: Rank ( 10 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 12/8
Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4/12
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 4 /12
Will: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Edit:
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice [M&M 3e Recruitment REOPENED]

Post by EpicEclipse »

For a point of reference, our group has a ton of power.

A Green Lantern, a Zatana analog, and a brick with some psychic powers. I am actually pitching ideas at endwaar for how to deal in my own character's power some because we are ridiculous.

So you'll want to keep that in mind when submitting. We haven't gotten to the official team forming yet, so we don't know what our dynamic is going to be in terms of being out in public, but being teenagers, we'll probably want to hit a pizza place every once in a while, do teenager things, so a character that can't be in public might find themselves a bit less viable for the participation.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Valid point. :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

A character that is technologically inclined would be pretty handy too since that is a pretty weak spot of the crew.

Edit: to be more clear, that's just my own personal desire. :p
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

DARKSTAR
PL: 10 (150 pts) - OPL: 10; DPL: 10; HP: 1 LP: 2 (Toughness)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics (+10), Close Combat (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Mythology] 5 (+6), Expertise [Streetwise] 1 (+9), Insight 1 (+9), Intimidation (+2), Investigation 5 (+6), Perception 1 (+9), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Lasso] 10 (+10), Stealth 1 (+9), [Technology (+1/+9)]**

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Assessment [Insight], Benefit ( Ambassador of Themiscrya), Close Attack (2), Defensive Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Languages (1) (Ancient Greek, Base: English), Luck 2 (Toughness*), Power Attack

POWERS:
Amazonian Physique: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Accurate & Extended]), Immunity 2 (Disease, Poison); 6 pts
Fortitude of Gaea: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Diehard, Great Endurance, Luck 2 [Toughness*]); 5 pts
Hera, Give me Strength!: Enhanced Strength 2 (100 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 2 pts
Quick Change: Feature 1 (Quick Change into Darkstar from Luna Long and vice versa); 1 pt
Speed of Hermes: 14 pt Array; 15 pts
Wind Riding: Flight 7 (250 mph, 1/2 mile/1); 14 pts
Fleet of Foot): Speed 7 (250 mph, 1/2 mile/1), Swimming 7 (60mph, 900 feet/1); 1 pt

Shield of Aegis: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Enhanced Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Defensive Attack, Improved Defense) (Flaw: Sustained); 10 pts
Master Thief: Enhanced Skills 4 (Technology 8 ranks**, Flaw: Limited to security checks); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+10 with Shield) [DC18/20] Parry +8 (+10 with Shield) [DC18/20]
Toughness +10*, Fortitude +8, Will +12

COMPLICATIONS:
Identity; Luna Long (Luna obviously a connection to Diana but also a nickname for Lois)
Prejudice : Though Luna was born in America, Darkstar is of Themiscrya and bears the ill-will of those still angry with Diana.
Relationships: Protege of the Amazonian Nubia.
Responsibility: She has accepted the duties as Ambassador of Themiscrya, and to protect the world, mainly from Olympian/Mythological threats.
Rivalry: Cassie Sandsmark aka Wonder Girl of the Titans.
Secret: Luna unknowingly is filled with false memories and there is a secret relationship from her past.

Abilities 82 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 39 + Defenses 4 = 145 / 150

Build Comments:
Again I must thank Thor for his formatting, which I love, and using his WW PC build as a starting point for making a PL 10 Darkstar. Intended as an homage to the many convoluted versions of her mother. When Terry died the Amazon’s adopted (aka took into custody his daughter (Luna Long) and raised her from the age of 9 when her powers began to manifest. I need to dig into her immersion into the Injustice Universe tomorrow. A simple balanced strength/skill hand to hand combatant with bracers and shield ... because that pic is rocking. I’ll assume she’s just turned 18 and emancipated herself from the Amazons much to their chagrin.

This was initial going to be a Prime Earth Cassandra Wonder Girl but with a version of her already on the Titans I needed to find an alternative. This one feels like it might work nicely with the right in universe tie in. I still have a dozen points to assign and I hope to use those to reflect anything I “discover” about the character as I try to fit her into this interesting DC universe.

Luna's current memory timeline.
18 years ago: Born in North America of Donna Troy and Terry Long.
12 years ago: Donna killed by a rogue robot Superman.
- Terry killed in a car accident. Luna survives unharmed.
6 years ago: Artemis and Nubia "rescued" her from the streets.
Currently: New Gotham News (NGN) aired video of a battle of a young woman wearing black/silver clad bodysuit and a blue-silver scaled young man battling the nefarious Aqualad along the docks of Gotham Bay last week. The battle badly damaged one of the fishery warehouses and ended with Aqualad being pursued back into the ocean by the the young man the media has dubbed Tempest. The video ends with the dark star clad young woman flying northward.

Important Memories:
Two years ago the Alternate Earth Wonder Woman fought her counterpart to stop the Amazons from invading Metropolis and convinced them to switch sides. Her speech forced Luna to remember her life before Themiscrya, as the Amazons pledged their loyalty, Luna pledged to live up this Wonder Woman's ideas of justice. In her heart she knew she had to return to the world of her parents, and began making her plans to "escape" the island that had been her home the past four years. Nubia become a worthy successor of the fallen Diana and pledged to atone the sins which Diana made her fellow Themysciran to commit. Luna became her protege, never guessing the young woman's plans to leave the island as soon as an opportunity arose.

[As it turns out, some of the Amazonian soldiers such as Artemis and Antiope are still loyal to Diana and Superman’s Regime. Working with Black Adam, Damian and Kara, to free Diana and take her powers and equipment back from Nubia, and escape with her loyal army and Kara.]

An imprisoned sister of Themyscira, Wonder Woman remains in Tartarus after the fall of the Regime. Still an ardent believer of Superman and his rule, Wonder Woman awaits her opportunity to strike back against Batman.
“When Batman tore down the Regime, man's world called me a tyrant. My Amazon sisters disowned me. Then Brainiac showed Earth what a tyrant truly looks like. The people begged for deliverance -- and I gave them Brainiac's head. Once again, it falls upon the Regime to restore peace and order. Batman and the traitors who followed him will be punished. Even Kara Zor-El. Then I will return to Themyscira -- and deal with my sisters. If they do not heed my commands, they will bow to force. So says Diana, Princess of the Amazons, slayer of Brainiac!”

Psychology: Due to her background on the streets and kidnapping by the Amazons is reserved around strangers. Once she has an understanding of their goals and motives she is quick to open up, trusting and developing strong feelings of loyalty. Just as quickly she can become a fierce antagonist if confronted by those of an ill-heart wishing harm to those who cannot defend themselves, even using lethal force as a last resort if necessary.

Luna holds no ill will toward Diana, knowing she is the dark side of the embodiment of the Amazon coin, Nubia the other. In her dreams she sometimes sees Diana and Superman fighting alongside Batman and the Justice League. Others have suggested they are inspired by the appearance of the (AE) that helped Batman bring down the Regime, never telling them she has had these dreams since the day Metropolis died a nuclear death.

Last Word: I've purposefully left points on the board because I want to build a Lasso of Truth for Darkstar but just don't have the points to spare (18 pts for PL 10 Move Object/Affliction). So ... unless there's 13 wasted points I don't see (yeah theres some trimming possible) you cn tell where any PP would be headed.
Last edited by StarGuard on Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 am, edited 15 times in total.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Added the complete submissions to the OP.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I may be interested. My previous submission was Firestorm. Not sure if I will resubmit or try another submission.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

My character is almost done. Went with a magnetic controlling technopath. Hope it will work and have a chance of getting in.

Working on pesky things like name and background, still tweaking the build a little but I have not just a skeleton but also the muscles and organs as it were. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Camus

Post by Camus »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am For a point of reference, our group has a ton of power.

A Green Lantern, a Zatana analog, and a brick with some psychic powers. I am actually pitching ideas at endwaar for how to deal in my own character's power some because we are ridiculous.

So you'll want to keep that in mind when submitting. We haven't gotten to the official team forming yet, so we don't know what our dynamic is going to be in terms of being out in public, but being teenagers, we'll probably want to hit a pizza place every once in a while, do teenager things, so a character that can't be in public might find themselves a bit less viable for the participation.
"Scylla would love to take part in the raid of the palace of Pizza!" Scylla proclaims pointing in a random direction.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Could i re-sub Arsenal? or would it have to be someone new?
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

You can re-submit if you'd like, but you can also submit a new character - whichever you like.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Hero4hire wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:00 pm All-American aka Samuel Hawke - PL 10

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 5, Dexterity 4, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 3, Presence 5

Advantages
All-out Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fascinate (Persuasion), Fearless, Improved Initiative, Inspire 4, Leadership, Luck, Skill Mastery: Persuasion, Ultimate Effort: Persuasion, Untapped Potential

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+10), Expertise: US History 9 (+10), Insight 12 (+15), Perception 12 (+15), Persuasion 10 (+15)

Powers
Aegis (Easily Removable (indestructible))
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Dodge +3 (+10), Parry +3 (+10))
American Spirit: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks, Advantages: Fearless)
Strength Effect
. . Soaring to New Heights: Leaping 10 (Alternate; Leap 1 mile at 250 miles/hour in 12 seconds)
U.S.Awareness: Senses 10 (Detect: National Threats 1, Extended: Detect 7: x10m, Radius: Detect, Ranged: Detect; Limited: Only within US Borders)
Young American: Immunity 1 (Aging)

Offense
Initiative +9
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +4 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 25)

Complications
Enemy: In extreme instances, Sam may divide into multiple manifestations, such as Johnny Reb and Billy Yank during the War Between the States. It is likely there is a Manifestation out there that represents Many Americans loyalty to the Regime of Superman.
Motivation: Patriotism: Sam is the spiritual embodiment of Young American American patriotism and values.
Power Loss: Sam’s powers are linked to Americans’ faith in their country, and are now in decline as their belief is shaken. Sam’s powers are linked to Americans’ faith in their country, and decline as their belief is shaken.
Secret: Samuel Hawke is an incarnation of the American Icon, Uncle Sam.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10/7, Parry 10/7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 86 + Powers 15 + Advantages 14 + Skills 24 (48 ranks) + Defenses 11 = 150

History:
The One Earth Regime. Under Superman's rule, the world was united. Crime, poverty, famine had become a thing of the past. Yet so had freedom and personal liberty under the Kryptonian's dictatorship. It was during this time Uncle Sam; the Spirit of America's powers waned to almost nothing, as millions of Americans willingly gave up their Freedom. The once proud American Icon wandered the streets for years, a vagrant in a supposed Eden.
When the Regime fell at the hands of Batman, not everyone was pleased. There were still many who were loyal and devoted to the Man of Tomorrow and that loyalty was seen in the streets in the form of violence by Regime Loyalists. During the rioting, a young mannamed Samuel Hawke saved the former Hero from being attacked, but not before Uncle Sam was mortally wounded. He grabbed Hawke's hand. "America's future is with the Young!" he exclaimed and faded away. Hawke soon found he was the inheritor of the Mantle of Uncle Sam and while diminished, he had the powers of the hero as well. Too young to be anyone's "uncle" he instead took the name "All-American" and set out to prove himself worthy of his Legacy.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:29 pm Image
ARSENAL (Roy Harper, aka Speedy, Red Arrow) Group Affiliations: The Teen Titans/Young Justice Age: 26-28?
PL 10 (150)
STRENGTH 3 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5 FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5 INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+12) Athletics 8 (+11) Deception 2 (+6, +8 Attractive) Expertise (Special Agent) 5 (+6) Expertise (Streetwise) 8 (+9)
Expertise (Navajo Brave) 4 (+6) Insight 4 (+6) Intimidation 1 (+5) Investigation 5 (+7) Perception 8 (+10)
Persuasion 2 (+6, +8 Attractive) Ranged Combat (Bow & Arrow) 2 (+12) Technology 4 (+5) Vehicles 1 (+7) Close Combat (Unarmed) 2(+5,+10 Improvised Weapons)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Daze (Deception), Equipment 6 (Arsenal, Motorbike & Stuff), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Bow) 2, Improved Critical (Guns), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Languages (English, Navajo, Cheyenne, Apache, Japanese, Russian ), Precise Attack (Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 7, Seize Initiative, Set-Up, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Ultimate Aim, Improvised Weapons 5,

Powers:
"Lightning Draw"
Quickness 2 (Limited to physical tasks only) Speed 2 (8 mph) [3 pp]

Equipment:
"Paired Guns" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (18) -- (21)
AE: "Crossbow" Blast 5 (Extras: Penetrating) (15)
AE: "Bow & Arrow" Blast 4 (Extras: Multiattack, Subtle, Accurate) (14)
AE: "Thrown Marbles" Blast 3 (Feats: Ricochet 2) (8)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Thrown Marbles +13 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Bow & Arrow +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Crossbow +14 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Guns +13 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Improvised Weaponry +7 (+5 Close Damage, DC20)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +8

Complications:
Relationship (Green Arrow)- Ollie became Roy's caregiver once his adoptive father died. However, the two often quarrel, as despite Ollie's attempt at being The Hero For The Little Guy, he was often a forgetful, distant and neglectful father-figure...
Reputation (Bad Boy)- Though Roy's flirtation with heroin was brief, he consistently puts off the appearance and act of being a bad boy. Most of this is intentional, but it often makes even the girls he authentically likes realize that he's not "Relationship Material".
Relationship (Donna Troy)- A childhood flirtation turned into something much more in more-recent times, with bad-boy Roy being the go-to guy for a disenchanted, identity-seeking Donna to slum around with. Though Donna remains fond of Roy, she broke up with him because she was never in love with him- by contrast, Roy is extremely devoted to her ("What can I say? I love that woman.")
Relationship(Black Canary)- After Ollie found out about his heroin addiction,he beat him up&tossed Roy out on the street.It was Canary that found him and dropped him off to Iron Dog.Roy consider's her almost like a mother-figure....
Addiction(Heroin)- When he was in a particularly dark place in his life(He'd just broke-up with Donna,Ollie was being increadibly neglectful, the original Titans had just split-up),Roy became addicted to heroin.Eventually kicking the habit(Thanks to help from Dinah and Iron Dog the new tribal shaman),he still feels the occasional twinge and has become an obssessive Anti-Drug Crusader( he'll refuse to even take 5-U-93-R under any circumstances)....

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 3 / Defenses: 14 (150)

Background:
Roy Harper was raised by Brave Bow, a Navajo medicine chief, after his father, a forest ranger, died in a forest fire. Under Brave Bow's tutelage, Roy became a remarkable archer. After Brave Bow's death, Roy was adopted by Green Arrow(Oliver Queen) and became his sidekick: Speedy.
Speedy joined Robin(Dick Grayson), Kid Flash(Wally West), Aqualad and Wonder Girl in the newly formed Teen Titans, a group originally formed from the various "teen sidekicks" active in DC comics at that time.
Speedy was initially a successful member and began dating Donna Troy. Some time later, however, Roy's fortunes took a turn for the worse. The Titans disbanded, Roy and Donna broke up, and then Green Arrow both lost his fortune and began neglecting Roy.He started using Heroin to numb the problems,but got found out by Ollie who beat him and threw him out on the streets.He was found by Canary,who took him back to the Reservation to get Detoxed.
Despite his personal guilt over what happened to "his" Ollie(they never really had a chance to reconcile their differences) and Dick(something he feels is his fault more than Damian's,as he could've been there to help),Roy refused to walk Superman's Path and to let The Regime walk unopposed into the Navajo Nations.He started performing insurgent operations,constantly hitting anything(or anyONE) sporting a Regime Emblem .He avoided detection by using a quasi-mystical Ritual Iron Dog(a practicing Medicine Shaman) performed called "The Moon Dog",which obscure's any and all forms of detection aimed at him.Unfortunately,it only lasted for 30 day's at a time,so he made the most of it.
He was contacted recently by Black Canary,who wanted him to join the Justice Program....
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Apollo 13, Jason Creed
PL10/ 150 PP

"Houston, we have a problem. I've always wanted to say that."

Abilities
Strength 3,
Stamina 5,
Agility 0,
Dexterity 0
Fighting 1,
Intellect 4,
Awareness 2,
Presence 2

Powers
Cybernetic Organism: (43 points)
Polyglot: Comprehend 5 [Read/ Speak/ Understand all Languages; Comprehend Machines; Magnetic Encoding – Read/ Write onto magnetic media],
Electromagnetic Strike: Damage 8 [Strength Based],
Nanoweave: Protection 6,
Magnetic Scan: Senses 15 [ (Ranged Mental Sense[1], Accurate(All Mental)[4], Acute(All Mental)[2], ; Analytical(All Mental)[2], Radius(All Mental)[2], ; Ranged Detect Magnetic Fields (Mental)[2], Ranged Detect Electricity (Mental)[2]; Dynamic]
Dyn: Cyberpath: Communication 3 [Radio Senses]
Technopath: (20 points)
Animate Machines: Summon 5 [Controlled, General Type (Machines); Limited to Available Materials]
Alt: Control Technology: Affliction 10 [Controlled; Resisted by Fortitude, Overcome by skill or Fortitude ; Perception Range, Cumulative; Limited to third degree only, Affects Objects Only, Limited to Technology; Dynamic]
Alt: Sensor Masking: Concealment 10 [(All Senses); Limited to Technology]
Alt: Pulse Shielding & Computer Processing: Immunity 2 [(Immunity – EMP bursts (rare power descriptor); Affects Objects, Burst Area 2; Limited to Technology; Linked Mental Quickness 10]
Alt: EMP (Deactivate Tech): Nullify 4 [Broad (Technological), Burst Area, Simultaneous, Selective]
Alt: Control Mundane Tech : Move Object 3 [Perception, Burst Area; Limited to Manipulating Technology; Precise]

Power Stunts: 0( points)
Electrical Absorption: Healing 10 [Limited to Self, Limited to Absorbed Electricity Rank]
Data Shift: Transform 3 [Data into Data - Continuous)
Manipulate Tech: Transform 3 (Any technology into any technology)
Computer Virus: Summon 7 [Mental Link]
Computer Processing: Enhanced Traits 7: Enhanced Skills 5 (Technology 10); Enhanced Advantages: Skill Mastery: Technology, Ultimate Technology

Equipment

Advantages
Benefit 1 [“Cool” - +5 to Persuasion with the “under 20” crowd],
Inventor,
Improvised Tools,
Jack-of-all-Trades,
Beginner's Luck,
Eidetic Memory,
Improved Initiative 1,
All-Out Attack,
Improved Defense,
Takedown,
Power Attack
Assessment
Skill Mastery: Persuasion
Fascinate (Persuasion)

Skills
Acrobatics (+0),
Athletics 3 (+6),
Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+9),
Deception (+2),
Expertise (+4),
Insight (+2),
Intimidation (+2),
Investigation (+4),
Perception 4 (+6),
Persuasion 3 (+5),
Sleight of Hand (+0),
Stealth (+0),
Technology 6 (+10),
Treatment (+4),
Vehicles (+0)

Offense
Initiative +4
Unarmed +9, Damage 11

Defense
Dodge 8,
Parry 7
Toughness 11 (Def Roll 0),
Fortitude 9,
Will 11

Power Points
Abilities 34 + Powers 63 + Advantages 14 + Skills 12 + Defenses 27 = Total 150

Complications
:!: Fame - In his civilian identity, Creed is a famous MyTube celebrity. He has a following among people his age, and his identity as a superhero is actually something of a respite from the fame.
:!: Motivation—Recognition: He wants to prove to the world that he’s a capable of making the world a better place using his brains.
:!: Motivation—Justice: He is out to make the world a better place by bringing lawbreakers to justice
:!: Enemy – Ivo and Morrow. Although in custody at the moment, the two mad scientists see Apollo 13 as their creation.

Design Notes
:arrow: The number on his shoulder should be a 13. :lol:
:arrow: Rewritten to clean it up some, as well as to reduce much of the overlap with the other characters.
:arrow: As I was trying to come up with a name, I kind of fell on Apollo and decided that with the background that was starting to come together that it had potential. I also wanted a mythological first name, so Jason (of Argonaut fame) came to mind and Creed came to me as a joke but I wound up liking the way Jason Creed sounds. I'm also thinking his superhero name is Apollo 13 (because I like the history, the sound and the link to Dr 13 and Traci 13 that it co-notates.)
:arrow: Much more satisfied with how Skills and Advantages worked out. I even managed to work in Krav Maga from the GM Guide as a fighting style.
:arrow: This character is immortal, but I did not put Immortality in the build due to point constraints. Besides, I envision it being a plot thing where he really won't come back if he is killed, so no real need for points. (See background for details.)
:arrow: Designing a character to fit with a GL and a telepath is not a simple task. I went with a machine controlling melee fighter.
:arrow: The "Cool" Advantage is from Hero High
:arrow: Other than said advantage, I did not give him anything else to represent fame and wealth - ran out of points, and I think the complication would be better suited to covering that aspect for now.
:arrow: In my mind, Machine Animation and Control Technology do essentially the same thing, but I think there's enough potential to do different things with them that I left them in.
:arrow: Was just hit with how to have him able to rewrite computer programs, data and the like. A Summon effect. A minion - construct to be precise - AI that essentially can hack. So a high Technology skill and the like.

Background
Jason Creed was a MyTube sensation, popular and making a name for himself despite the oppression brought by the Regime. He was "the" guy everyone wanted to know and be seen with.

During the Regime, Professors Ivo and Morrow built several androids in an effort to combat Superman and his allies. Among the more famous; Amazo and Red Tornado. Lesser known to some was Tomorrow Woman. And all but unknown was another, one that was barely a sentient program inhabiting a mass of nanites. This last was a project they had dubbed Apollo 13. It was meant to be an infiltrator and information gatherer.

A new android with a will of its own in a way that even Tomorrow Woman was not capable.

Jason Creed is an identity created whole cloth when Apollo was created by Ivo and Morrow, and was an instant sensation on the MyTube space as part of his cover, probably with some artificial number-boosting assistance (Paid views and likes, etc). While not posting content as Jason Creed, Apollo hit the streets as an insurgent against the Regime.

Discovered by Batman, the Dark Knight realized what Apollo was, but chose to keep the android hidden. Operating in secret with Nightwing and others of the Batclan, Apollo was a covert ally in the war against the Regime, helping to ferret out secrets and help the flow of both information and people under the noses of the Regime. His identity of MyTube celebrity was also useful to the Insurgency, as backgrounds and other information was posted in the background and in coded comments.

Now though, it's he's been called on to step up and take a more active and visible role as a hero.
Last edited by Bladewind on Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 am, edited 16 times in total.