The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"You're the nimrods who attacked us first." she smiled sweetly (nobody was fooled by it). "Would you let that stand if it was you in our place?" she asked dryly.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

They both glare at you. But there is something in their eyes. Not fear. Concern.

Randin feels it against his empathic shields. Locals use the place too. Whoever is using it as a their HQ now, it`s always been a local hotspot. That, and given it`s location, damage is likely to spill over into town.

Up to you guys though. You aren`t working for Coulson. Your superiors aren`t likely to care as long as you aren`t identified. And at least bring back some info.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How the hell did Rand find himself in the position of 'Good Cop'?

"Give us a reason not to." He says quietly. "What all is in there? Give us a layout? Where are the worst of the worst? Underground escapes or tunnels? Give us something."
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl sighed and pulled back a little. "Relax. I'm not in the habit of killing people for giggles. I just don"t appreciate being attacked, my friends kidnapped and my brain screwed with. I"m fairly well peeved at the moment."

"So like my friend said. Give us something we can use. So we can reduce the damage we cause."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

It's the tougher of the two that caves.

"All I can tell you is that there's a club on the main level. Always been there. Ever since the Merge, the place has gotten bigger. More clients. The locals use the main area. Sometimes locals are recruited by people from downstairs, but you need an invitation to go downstairs.

"I'm not aware of anybody of importance outside of this town staying upstairs."

The other guy chimes in.

"There is that hot Japanese number." He shuts up when glowered at - the glower is more of annoyance at being interrupted than anything else.

"I really have no idea about the footprint of the place underground. It could be like the Titty Twister for all I know."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Unfamiliar with the term, Rand uses one of this planet's web search engines on 'Titty Twister'. He regrets his actions and scowls at his results in the suit's heads-up display. When he closes that display and another 2 immediately open he purges the whole subroutine and restores. This puts the Merc in a bad mood.

"Fine! Leave these two in this storage unit, bound loosely and gagged. By the time they free themselves and bang enough to get someone to call the cops our business should be done - one way or another." Rand suggests.

"Where are we with those wrist things?" Rand asks the intelligence officer, requesting the one from Lindsey so he can examine it himself.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl sighed. "Once we get there, getting the sith's attention or whatever Solon and crew are isn't going to be a problem." she smiled a little lopsided. "I tend to attract dark-side users for some weird reason. Plus there's the stones and Kobra there." she nodded to Lindsey.
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

You're able to get out of the storage depot without issue. You find yourself winding through the small town without much in the way of resistance. Locals are either identifying the shiny rental car as Important Occupants and are steering clear or you've been marked as a target somehow and they're doing their best to stay out of harm's way.

Do you leave the bands or take them with you?

Kar'Anna and I hashed out about a minute's worth of exchanges, I will post a summary soon.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What all did we discover about them?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

They're glorified watches with a funky display and a GPS. Essentially a Smart Watch at best.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:33 am They're glorified watches with a funky display and a GPS. Essentially a Smart Watch at best.
I was just hoping that even if made from relatively common components, Shannon could figure out something about where they came from.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Shannon can determine origin - the components have the cheap plastic and weak metal elements that she`s come to associate with this planet and era. The writing is actually not the glyphs from the predators, but more the galactic common language associated with Star Wars. There was a homing beacon in them. Easily disabled but not traceable to a search point.

The parts are from various manufacturers, and not likely to be associated with their use. You do notice the Yutani Corp logo on what passes for the main circuit board. Shannon also notices that she can change the language display.

Once that's done, pulling up previous messages is easy. Unfortunately, the tougher of the two thugs had erased all previous messages and disabled his GPS. The other one still has 4 messages. Neither one is carrying a smartphone that would be associated with the watch. None of the messages are time stamped.

:!: Extraction imminent
:!: Capture the Drow
:!: Locate and secure case. (There`s an MMS error message - the wrist band does not have the capacity to display images)
:!: RVP 3A
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

As they drove to the El Rey, Amy fretted. She knew darned well what dark-side users could do, even if they weren't sith. If Solon got the drop on Kar-Anna and got the upper hand, there was no telling what he'd do. Well, she didn't want to think about it, if she were honest about it. Kar-Anna was alone, without anybody to guard her back in that situation. In her mind, that wasn't good at all.

"Damnit. We gotta get her outta there."
Last edited by kirinke on Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Before I post a reply, I wanted to make sure Shannon wanted to divulge all the info she found or had further questions.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Shannon, did you find out anything about the watches?" she asked the officer.

ooc
Edited to take into account that Shannon hadn't actually said anything. Amy is just very worried about her friend.

Battle Init