Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:34 pm Oh, and Bill, I found this:
Gadget Guides wrote: Some “protective” items are intended to mitigate the effects of a complication, like a Disability or Vulnerability, rather than guard against a more general type of harm. These items are plot devices that do not cost power points unless they grant effects or benefits other than those associated with the complication. The item is a part of the complication, and its loss or failure may trigger it.
So you don't need the Feature, probably?
This sounds accurate.

I would only spend points on something like this if it were directly countering a flaw on another power (Paying in the points you saved, IE, you have an inaccurate blast, but have a focusing rod that gives you a rank or two of accurate to negate the Inaccurate flaw).

For something to counter a complication, the item is already part of the complication, no need to spend points on it. You wouldn't spend points on a mundane prosthetic limb, right?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

We're all OOCly aware Batman absolutely not tell the teenagers to "Get out there" right? He himself might go, might possibly take his sidekicks, but he wouldn't send Robin or Batgirl or even the two together to go do this kind of thing alone.

I don't even know why Janet and Miranda are pushing so hard when there is no defined plan or goal here. We're not making any progress this way, and endwaar has indicated there's more plot once we get back.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Of course He wouldn't actually SAY that- not out loud, but Miranda is excitable, and off her leash. She also has something to prove (to herself as well as the Bats), and wants to clean up Gotham (even if its a piece at a time). I'll edit a bit to reflect this more accurately.

We also don't have much of a plan for going back- we're not going back TO anything in particular, unless it is to whatever we were doing before the triggering event. Unless I missed something, which is more than possible.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee never planned to do more than scout this place out, and maybe tussle with more Regime posers if there were some present. She certainly wasn't planning to mount a war against gangs. She is supposed to report back when she returns.

Janet and Miranda if I recall were with their respective classes before shit started exploding and had to ditch which in Miranda's case will almost certainly get back to Bruce, and for Janet might get people questioning.

Not sure about Tobey, but he seemed fine for the plan of heading back anyways.

The big issue is the lack of a plan or goal. Neither Janet nor Miranda have specified what exactly it is they want to do besides go fight gangsters. There's no plan, no goal. Fight how many gangsters? Which ones? When do we call it quits? Like Vee says in my post, they are literally just marching out to pick a fight. Janet thinks she's doing something for justice, but she's not likely to find the specific guys who finished off the rival gang members if Tobey can even identify them. They have an entire city, which they know far better than we do, to hide in.

What we do have is a tablet to bring back and find out what is on it. That is a tangible plan and goal right there. Bring the tablet back, get the equipment needed to crack it, and find out what information is on it, then decide what to do with said information.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

You can go after them, too. It'll just be a different means to the same goal, I suspect. xD
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

endwaar wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 am You can go after them, too. It'll just be a different means to the same goal, I suspect. xD
How though? By the time we get to where Tobey came upon them, they will be long gone.

And yes, I know we have teleportation, but they were already leaving when Tobey got back and now we've been talking. Plenty enough time has elapsed for them to have realistically gotten far enough that we'd never find them.

Let's be logical here;
First, this is a forum game so things, even simple ones, take a long time to get through. It's really just not viable to go off on side errands that have no tie in to anything. It delays progress of the plot for no real pay off.

Second, Gotham is facing reconstruction, but I dare say it is far more plagued by interruption due to gangs than Metropolis or Coast City. There are probably no less than a dozen gang related crimes occurring this moment in game in different parts of the city. Chasing these guys isn't going to amount to taking back any part of the city so is just going to be meaningless conflict.

Third, What are we going to do with the gang members if we do defeat them? I'd wager the prison system is already pretty inundated with criminals as it is. We'd be exchanging one problem for a potentially even more dangerous one by adding more bodies to a crowded judicial system.

Justice is nice and all, but you need to consider consequences. Janet might not consider them off hand, but Miranda is genius level. She should be more aware of these kinds of things.

Tl:Dr - running off after these gang members is an utter waste of time in and out of character in a medium where wasting time should be avoided. :(

If you absolutely MUST go after them, then I suggest we do it as a fast forward. Vee can take the tablet back and hand it off to someone who can crack it, rather than risk it being damaged in fighting Venom junkies, and endwaar can blurb in that Janet and Miranda are victorious against the gang members and do whatever with them afterwards and we pick up later on reconnecting or whatever. I still think this is a bad plan because it all its a group that has no ties as a team yet so has no contact information for each other or even really reason to conta t each other about whatever is found on the tablet so would require the GM twisting some wires to bring them back together after splitting.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

All legitimate points. I'm just open to letting you guys do what you want. xD
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

EpicEclipse wrote: Justice is nice and all, but you need to consider consequences. Janet might not consider them off hand, but Miranda is genius level. She should be more aware of these kinds of things.

Tl:Dr - running off after these gang members is an utter waste of time in and out of character in a medium where wasting time should be avoided. :(
I'll start by saying that I haven't actually read the new IC posts yet in full. I agree with just about everything you've said here though, especially the part about avoiding time wasters in a PBP environment. I as a player am not 100% married to fighting the gangsters (which is why I left it open for discussion instead of just flying off, although at the same time I shouldn't have made Janet push so hard), it just didn't feel right in character for Janet NOT to at least bring it up. She's headstrong and wants to do good-and also doesn't want to go back to her mundane life, but mostly the doing good thing-and like you said, not one to think it through.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Everyone doing okay?
Awaken

endwaar

Post by endwaar »

endwaar wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:47 pm Everyone doing okay?
Okay, so unfortunately, that's not the case. Pathfinder has had some issues and can no longer play with us, so Miranda may vanish from the story, and we're in need of another character. Do you guys want me to reopen the search, or should I select someone else from the previous search?
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That's unfortunate about pathfinder :/ I'd just been waiting for McGuffin to chime in on the current situation and for Pathfinder's response to Janet relenting on racing off into Gotham.

I'd say better to reopen recruitment. It's been a few months since we started, so other applications from before may have faded off, or gotten thier quota up to where they wouldn't be able to sustain another game. Or they might even have a new different idea to pitch that would better fit the three we have (Magic user, a GL and a psychic brick). So, a costumed avenger, a gadgeteer type, a weapon master, lots of possible archetypes to roll with that would gel well.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

So I've reopened recruitment. I'll be asking you guys your impressions of submissions (via PMs, most likely). In the meantime, I do want to continue the game, because it's a PbP and is moving slowly enough as is.

I... think that's all I had to say, but I may do more things soon.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:55 pm That's unfortunate about pathfinder :/ I'd just been waiting for McGuffin to chime in on the current situation and for Pathfinder's response to Janet relenting on racing off into Gotham.
Apologies, I'd been at a loss what to add since Tobey's stance remained the same, but I should've at least chimed in OOC as much.

Admittedly my brain hasn't really been in rp mode lately as my girlfriend and I counted down to the end of the first trimester of the pregnancy which is considered the 'safe' time here to start telling friends and family that we're expecting a baby.

It's too bad to hear that Pathfinder won't be continuing with us but opening recruitment to shore up the group sounds. I'm still very much invested in continuing this game now that I've gotten over the worst of my worries.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

So, I'm thinking a brief timeskip might be in order, but now may be a good time to start building the base you guys want to have.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Woo! We got us a robot! :D

Anyway, a little time skip sounds good. I think we opted for Mt Justice as our base, yeah? I mean, we don't have to, but it is a good location we can all access on our own power, but anywhere that has that particular quality would work equally well. I'd have to hunt down the actual post where I listed out the base features.

EDIT: Found it. 12 points, and with 4 people handing in the first earned PP for this, we have 8 more points to further customize our pad.
Size: Large(Cave Complex) (2)
Toughness: 10 (2)
Features: Communications, Computer, Hangar, Gym, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System (8)