D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
HP: 8/11

"Oh, is exciting," Ector gives Gatto a toothy smile.

"Well, is time to explore. You need Ector, you call, yes?" He gives a little bow of the head to Gatto then turns to the other, "Come, come. Is time for exploring."

Waving for the others to follow along, he starts wandering the town a little bit aimlessly, mostly following his nose, but also keeping an eye out for any big official looking buildings or bulletin boards.

"Ector would like to see what the local farmers are selling, maybe see if Gatto is right about paying jobs," He says cheerfully to anybody who comes with him, "Is anything you are looking for?"
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina picks up the gruesome ornament that Ludmilla tosses in her direction and carefully wraps it in her hankerchief, trying not to get too much blood on her hands or turn green. "My thanks, madame. I'll be pleased to do so -- if we can find a tavern that serves your preferred brew," she calls back, managing a grim smile. Seriously, she can swear that sometimes the dragonborn delights in shaking up others for the pleasure of it.

Tina nods at the Watch Sergeant's suggestion to follow Sullivan. "I'll do just that, sir, once I've informed my companions."

She returns to the others just as Gordo is beckoning them together, and adds that she, too, is more than willing to stay. Tychestoile is a long walk away, and lone travellers -- even a lone knight-errant on her first quest -- are never quite as safe as a caravan. Besides, having raised the issue of the strangely organized bandits, she feels compelled to try and see it through, circumstances permitting. Perhaps the Lady had sent her this way for just this reason.

"You go ahead, sir Blagettal," she says to Ector. "I'm following Constable Sullivan to see the village elder. He might know something more about the bandits that attacked us and -- this." Tina holds up the bloodied hankerchief, containing the goblin medallion seasoned with goblin bits.

She nods at the sorceress. "Sariel, perhaps you should follow me. The Elder will want to know whatever you can tell him about the remotely-triggered traps, and I can't read Draconic. Sir Roadbound, I suggest you accompany our companion to the markets. There's not likely to be any enlightenment on sale, but perhaps you'll find something else to whet your interest." The feeble attempt at humor aside, two can watch each others' backs in case anything untoward happens. Not that she expects anything untoward to happen -- but one never knows.

Unless there are objections, she walks off to follow in Sullivan's footsteps.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:33 am Ector Blagettal

"Well, is time to explore. You need Ector, you call, yes?" He gives a little bow of the head to Gatto then turns to the other, "Come, come. Is time for exploring."

Waving for the others to follow along, he starts wandering the town a little bit aimlessly, mostly following his nose, but also keeping an eye out for any big official looking buildings or bulletin boards.

"Ector would like to see what the local farmers are selling, maybe see if Gatto is right about paying jobs," He says cheerfully to anybody who comes with him, "Is anything you are looking for?"
"Not in particular." Evan said. "Let us see what there is to be seen."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Before you go to explore the town Gordo gives you each a little bag of coin to cover meal expenses while the caravan is in town.

"It is a nice town, I'm sure you'll all find ways to pass time while we remain here." Gordo says, waving as you depart.

You each receive 5 gold.
EnigmaticOne wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:52 am Evan Roadbound
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:33 am Ector Blagettal

"Not in particular." Evan said. "Let us see what there is to be seen."
As you wander through the center of the village, you see several buildings of note: The local All-faith shrine, The Good Knight Inn that Gordo had mentioned and directly across the street from it was a tavern called The Green Dragon, The Village Hall, The Watchhouse, a post office, several shops of various types; Viglaf's general store, Curtis Meats, Recettear: Fine Adventuring Goods, and others. You do see a notice board of some sort near the Green Dragon tavern.

There's also a farmer's market area however as its late in the day most of the farmers have packed up and gone home save one stall manned by an middle aged Elf Farmer with a dog sleeping at his feet. The stall is largely depleted but still has a number of onions, carrots, and few other vegetables on it.

The Elf smiles at you as you pass by. "Howdy there, You folks looking for anything in particular? I still got a few things left to sell if you're interested. I take it you just came in with that caravan everyone's talking about, gossip travels fast in Hollowbrook. I reckon I can help you get the lay of the land if you'd like. Name's Auld MacDonnell, most folks call me Old Mac, I have a farm a bit outside of town. This here is my dog, Bingo"

The Dog slowly raises his head and yawns in your direction. Even lying down you can tell this is a BIG dog, probably big enough that Evan could ride it.
Ysariel wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 pm Célestina (Tina)

Tina picks up the gruesome ornament that Ludmilla tosses in her direction and carefully wraps it in her hankerchief, trying not to get too much blood on her hands or turn green. "My thanks, madame. I'll be pleased to do so -- if we can find a tavern that serves your preferred brew," she calls back, managing a grim smile. Seriously, she can swear that sometimes the dragonborn delights in shaking up others for the pleasure of it.

Tina nods at the Watch Sergeant's suggestion to follow Sullivan. "I'll do just that, sir, once I've informed my companions."

She returns to the others just as Gordo is beckoning them together, and adds that she, too, is more than willing to stay. Tychestoile is a long walk away, and lone travellers -- even a lone knight-errant on her first quest -- are never quite as safe as a caravan. Besides, having raised the issue of the strangely organized bandits, she feels compelled to try and see it through, circumstances permitting. Perhaps the Lady had sent her this way for just this reason.

"You go ahead, sir Blagettal," she says to Ector. "I'm following Constable Sullivan to see the village elder. He might know something more about the bandits that attacked us and -- this." Tina holds up the bloodied hankerchief, containing the goblin medallion seasoned with goblin bits.

She nods at the sorceress. "Sariel, perhaps you should follow me. The Elder will want to know whatever you can tell him about the remotely-triggered traps, and I can't read Draconic. Sir Roadbound, I suggest you accompany our companion to the markets. There's not likely to be any enlightenment on sale, but perhaps you'll find something else to whet your interest." The feeble attempt at humor aside, two can watch each others' backs in case anything untoward happens. Not that she expects anything untoward to happen -- but one never knows.

Unless there are objections, she walks off to follow in Sullivan's footsteps.

Celestina and Sariel follow Constable Sullivan through town to one of the larger buildings in town, as soon as you enter you can tell that the Elder's home clearly doubles as a library or archive for the town as nearly every surface in sight is covered with books, scrolls, parchments, and papers. A small bell jingles as you enter and shortly after there is the distant call of "Coming!" followed by a young woman with short brown hair around Celestina's age emerging from among the bookshelves.

"Oh hello constable, how can I help you today." The woman said. "Uncle Rickard is busy in the back pouring over some old scrolls."

Constable Sullivan replied, "Good day to you Rachel,the Sergeant sent me to consult with your uncle on some matters related to a new investigation. These folks were part of a caravan that was attacked nearby we think Elder Abel might be able to help make sense of what they learn about their attackers."

Rachel frowns for a moment, "It sounds serious. I'll get my Uncle, he and I will help as much as we can."

"No need to fetch me child, I am coming." Came a voice from behind Rachel as an elderly bearded human man walks forward to join the discussion leading heavily on a gnarled staff. "Greetings strangers, I am Rickard Abel, Scholar and Elder of this village. Stay a while and listen, and I will share what wisdom and insight I can offer."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sarile Amastacia

Sariel's eyes practically shine with excitement upon seeing all the sources of knowledge in one place, her favorite kind of place, a library. "Whoa, just how many different sources do all these books, scrolls, and such come from? In addition to Elvish, I'm fluent in and can read Draconic, Dwarvish, and Sylvan scripts, if you need any help in translation. And the reason we need help has to do with some goblin and human bandits. They used runestones with Draconic words for 'spark' on them wrapped in explosives and combustibles, remote triggering them. Is there anyone in the area who might know how to make such runestones and could be outfitting the bandits with such tools?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

"Ah. Dog is hiding behind the small poney, yes?" Ector asks with a grin, "Am kidding. Is lovely dog."

"Ector is curious to see what it is that you are selling on farm. Am good-,"
Ector hesitates then waggles a hand , "Well, okay cook, and on lookout for new meat, vestibules, spices, herbs."
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

Tina is very used to rooms like these. Libraries great and small, under windows of stained glass or shutters caked with dust, collections of tomes and scrolls so vast that more tomes were needed just to keep track of what was there. Archives of scripture, history, poetry, erotica. She can't help but smile at Sariel's response to the house of the learned man. Would that she'd been capable of delighting her tutors with the same enthusiasm when confronted with thirty thousand volumes of theology.

She nods in greeting at Rachel and bows to the elder man.

"And mustering them to attack caravans, despite the threat of retaliation by the Garrison of Tychestoile," Tina adds to Sariel's account. "And giving them each a token of a wolf's head under a moon." She unwraps the amulet and holds it out in its bloodied handkerchief for Abel to see. She describes for the learned elder everything she told the Watch Sergeant, from the bandits' makeshift uniform to the manner of their attack.

"One of the goblins also shouted the word 'Delian' at us before fleeing," she concludes. "Something to do with their lord and master, I don't doubt."
stavaros_the_arcane

Psistrike wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:07 pm Sarile Amastacia

Sariel's eyes practically shine with excitement upon seeing all the sources of knowledge in one place, her favorite kind of place, a library. "Whoa, just how many different sources do all these books, scrolls, and such come from? In addition to Elvish, I'm fluent in and can read Draconic, Dwarvish, and Sylvan scripts, if you need any help in translation. And the reason we need help has to do with some goblin and human bandits. They used runestones with Draconic words for 'spark' on them wrapped in explosives and combustibles, remote triggering them. Is there anyone in the area who might know how to make such runestones and could be outfitting the bandits with such tools?"

Elder Abel has a twinkle in his eye at Sariel's eagerness. "Ah a fellow scholar, I'll be happy to let you look through my little collection once this urgent business is taken care of."

"Rachel could you bring me Amara's Appendix of Artifice please; this mention of Runestones reminds me of something. Also the records of local goblinoid populations."

Rachel quickly goes through the book stacks with the unerring precision of someone who understands the seemly incomprehensible sorting system of a hoarder of books.
Ysariel wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:44 pm Célestina (Tina)

Tina is very used to rooms like these. Libraries great and small, under windows of stained glass or shutters caked with dust, collections of tomes and scrolls so vast that more tomes were needed just to keep track of what was there. Archives of scripture, history, poetry, erotica. She can't help but smile at Sariel's response to the house of the learned man. Would that she'd been capable of delighting her tutors with the same enthusiasm when confronted with thirty thousand volumes of theology.

She nods in greeting at Rachel and bows to the elder man.

"And mustering them to attack caravans, despite the threat of retaliation by the Garrison of Tychestoile," Tina adds to Sariel's account. "And giving them each a token of a wolf's head under a moon." She unwraps the amulet and holds it out in its bloodied handkerchief for Abel to see. She describes for the learned elder everything she told the Watch Sergeant, from the bandits' makeshift uniform to the manner of their attack.

"One of the goblins also shouted the word 'Delian' at us before fleeing," she concludes. "Something to do with their lord and master, I don't doubt."
Elder Abel stroked his beard in contemplation. "Hmm its an odd thing for a Goblin to know that word but I think you were mistaken in its meaning. The Delian Order were a group of Knights that made a name for themselves during a great war against the hordes of an Evil dragon, their leader at the time, Sextus Varius, slew the beast and was awarded great fame and renown. Sadly all things fade with time and now the order is all but forgotten, their secrets lost. Although this might actually reveal more than it seems about these goblin Brigands as I can only think of one place a goblin would have encountered any information about the Order, and it might explain why a goblin might mistake a member of a modern knightly order for one of the Delian Order. There is an old tomb not far from the village that was dedicated to the Delian Order, in times passed pilgrims and members of the Order would visit it to pray or to honor the memory of fallen heroes. It's long abandoned and forgotten now and I haven't gone to examine it myself in many years, but I believe I still have some old maps of how to get there. What you've told me suggests that the goblin you encountered must have at least been there, which might lead to more clues about these brigands."

Rachel returned with the requested books and the old man quickly flipped through them to find the entries he wanted. He compared the grisly goblin token to a page of one record. "As I suspected, those tokens you mentioned are meant to show the tribe from which a goblin hails, they match with what we have on record for the Howling Hills Tribe. Which is troubling since the fact that they carry such tokens means that these actions were done with approval of the tribe. Its not uncommon for goblin outcasts or those who have lost their tribe to engage in banditry or join up with other groups of criminals or monsters, but for an entire tribe to ally themselves with a bandit group speaks of something sinister brewing. Unfortunately the records give little information about where the tribe makes its home, Goblins are especially paranoid about keeping that sort of information secret."

He turned to the second book he had requested. "Ah yes now I remember, those rune stones you mentioned. They reminded me of an exercise for mages learning skills of magical artifice; the creation, maintenance, and restoration of magical items. Many common magical items have limits to how many times they can be used, a limit store of magic in them. In some cases the items recharge on their own, other times once the magic is used up they become non-functional. The great artificer and magical scholar Satu Amara created methods that in that hands of a skilled magic user could recharge a spent magical item or device. Of course the more powerful an item you wish to restore the greater the difficulty and power requirements needed, and depending on the nature of it sometimes other materials or rituals are required. Simple rune stones with a single minor function are useful teaching tool for someone wishing to practice the basics of the technique. This suggests that someone among the bandits is most likely an arcane spellcaster, re-purposing the byproduct of a training exercise for use by their criminal colleges."
Arkrite wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:55 pm Ector Blagettal

"Ah. Dog is hiding behind the small poney, yes?" Ector asks with a grin, "Am kidding. Is lovely dog."

"Ector is curious to see what it is that you are selling on farm. Am good-,"
Ector hesitates then waggles a hand , "Well, okay cook, and on lookout for new meat, vestibules, spices, herbs."
Bingo sniffs in your direction and gives a bark that almost sounds like a laugh. The dog clearly appreciates that his largeness and loveliness is recognized.

Auld gives a chuckle, "He's a good boy alright, and the 'small pony' thing isn't so off the mark. When my children were younger he often served as their 'faithful steed'."

Bingo gave an indignant huff.

The farmer ignored his dog and continued. "As for what I've got from the farm, well truth be told I like to experiment with some of my crops. Region like this is good for growing all sorts of things, and if you know the right folks you can get seed from all over the world. So I got local staples like onions and carrots, always a good foundation for cookery. I'm a bit short of it now but my farm grows some really good Chard, as well a crop of these Tomatoes I bought off a fellow from Via Maris who got them from an over-seas trader. I'm out of the parsley I brought to town but if you're sticking around a while I'll have more, plus I have a field of mustard the family will be harvesting which should yield some seed, greens, and such which should be good for cooking with."

Auld scratched his chin. "If your looking for other ingredients hereabouts, Curtis' Meats is one of the best butchers you're likely to find. I think Sig the butcher and his wife are out of town at the moment but his assistant Mason is running the place just fine in the meantime. Sig's due back any day now but I think I heard his wife's going to be gone longer, going on a training trip or to visit her students or something. I like her well enough but she's a scary intense woman, plus I saw her pick a fight with an owlbear that wandered too close to town once. Poor thing nearly didn't get away. Izumi still complains about not getting to find out if owlbear tastes more like bear meat or poultry. Anywho, look at me chattering away I'm getting off topic. We've got a decent cheese shop in town and most of us farmers make a little of our own. Local fish is pretty good fresh from the river, and the bakery gets its flour straight from the mill here so its baked goods are nice and fresh each day. If you look around you're bound to find something that'll inspire some good cookery. Anything I've got now catch your eye or should I pack up and try the sales pitch another day?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 pm "I like her well enough but she's a scary intense woman, plus I saw her pick a fight with an owlbear that wandered too close to town once. Poor thing nearly didn't get away."
Ector lets out a loud belly laugh, "Ha ha ha, just like Ma-Ma."
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 pm "Anything I've got now catch your eye or should I pack up and try the sales pitch another day?"
"Hmmm... Ector is curious about some of these thing. Is only being around for week, but at end of week will probably make a bigger order," He notes sagely, "Food to keep the caravan happy, yes?"

He grins then sees about buying a small amount of some of the produce, a few items he's used to but leaning more towards stuff he has less experience with. He'd be using it for testing to see the flavors he could get out of them when cooking them in different fashions.

The talk of Mustard got his attention though, and he made a note to come back and see about it before he left. If it was good maybe he could get a shipment sent back home somehow.

"Know any good recipes?" Ector asks near the end as he's paying for the produce, then adds, "And where does one find dog like Bingo?"
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Célestina (Tina)

"So we have a goblin tribe -- the Howling Hills -- and possibly a sorcerer lending sanction and support to these bandits," Tina summarizes.

The reasonable thing to do would be to alert the military of Tychestoile. It is likely that the city would dispatch Garrison troops to investigate news of such a well-backed group of outlaws, and no bandit group would be a match for properly drilled and equipped regulars.

But that will take time, and in that time the bandits might strike again. The next caravan might not be so well-defended or lucky. And the bandits will have improved their tactics. And they had let quite a few of them escape alive, to live and fight another day.

"I would like to borrow your old maps, sir," Tina says. "I want to visit this tomb myself. To ensure it hasn't been defiled by goblins, at least, and honor some fallen heroes. And if the goblins have been there, perhaps they'll have left tracks of their passing." She plants her hands on her hips. "I don't plan on charging into a goblin lair unprepared, but I would not turn down an opportunity to find out what they are plotting."

She looks to Sariel. "Lady Sariel, would you come? Your knowledge would be invaluable if we discover more of the goblins' handiwork on the way."

Tina turns back to Abel and Rachel. "Has the village encountered the Howling Hills tribe before?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Evan Roadbound

"What is so special about this mustard?" Evan had taken note of Ector's rapid change in expression.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
stavaros_the_arcane

Arkrite wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 am
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:59 pm "Anything I've got now catch your eye or should I pack up and try the sales pitch another day?"
"Hmmm... Ector is curious about some of these thing. Is only being around for week, but at end of week will probably make a bigger order," He notes sagely, "Food to keep the caravan happy, yes?"

He grins then sees about buying a small amount of some of the produce, a few items he's used to but leaning more towards stuff he has less experience with. He'd be using it for testing to see the flavors he could get out of them when cooking them in different fashions.

The talk of Mustard got his attention though, and he made a note to come back and see about it before he left. If it was good maybe he could get a shipment sent back home somehow.
EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 pm Evan Roadbound

"What is so special about this mustard?" Evan had taken note of Ector's rapid change in expression.
Auld replies "Very useful plant Mustard, The leaves can be cooked and eaten while the seeds can be used for seasoning. It's not exactly a rare spice in this area or anything but if used right I'd say it works as well as any fancy far off stuff. My wife actually makes this paste out of the mustard seeds which is very tasty, gives a nice zing to food. I'll see about saving a jar or two for you."

He is happy to wrap up Ector's purchases, which total up to about a silver.
Arkrite wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:19 am
"Know any good recipes?" Ector asks near the end as he's paying for the produce, then adds, "And where does one find dog like Bingo?"
Auld chuckled and shook his head. "Cooking was never my strongest skill, but if you come by my farm while you're in town I'm sure my wife would love to swap tips. She's always wanted to see how her cooking matches up to a follower of Slog. You might also try talking to Gowan the cook at the Green Dragon tavern, he's a fair hand in the kitchen, bound to know a trick or two. I plan to head by there for a bite once I'm done for the day if you'd like to join me."

It is getting a little late, you could probably use a meal.

He pauses before continuing. "There's actually another tavern at the edge of the village, The Cock and Bulls, but from what I've heard the cook they've got there is pretty terrible. Granted most of folk steer clear of the place for other reasons; its a run-down hole with a rough clientele. Course they've got some of the best beer you've ever tasted."

He reaches down to pet Bingo, "Bingo here is a special pup, I'll tell you what. He's actually a crossbreed of a Gnomish riding dog and a human bred war-hound called a Mabari. Both breeds are big, strong, and smart. The sire of Bingo's line was a great dog I had decades ago but I wanted to see if I could breed something that lived longer. It seems to have worked pretty well. A couple of Bingo's litter mates are owned by The Dan Clan, a major stable company in the big city to help spread the bloodline among their riding dogs."
Ysariel wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:35 pm Célestina (Tina)

"So we have a goblin tribe -- the Howling Hills -- and possibly a sorcerer lending sanction and support to these bandits," Tina summarizes.

The reasonable thing to do would be to alert the military of Tychestoile. It is likely that the city would dispatch Garrison troops to investigate news of such a well-backed group of outlaws, and no bandit group would be a match for properly drilled and equipped regulars.

But that will take time, and in that time the bandits might strike again. The next caravan might not be so well-defended or lucky. And the bandits will have improved their tactics. And they had let quite a few of them escape alive, to live and fight another day.

"I would like to borrow your old maps, sir," Tina says. "I want to visit this tomb myself. To ensure it hasn't been defiled by goblins, at least, and honor some fallen heroes. And if the goblins have been there, perhaps they'll have left tracks of their passing." She plants her hands on her hips. "I don't plan on charging into a goblin lair unprepared, but I would not turn down an opportunity to find out what they are plotting."

She looks to Sariel. "Lady Sariel, would you come? Your knowledge would be invaluable if we discover more of the goblins' handiwork on the way."

Tina turns back to Abel and Rachel. "Has the village encountered the Howling Hills tribe before?"
The Elder hands over a copy of the map to Celestina. "We keep records of rare occasions where the town has had contact with local goblinoids. The last time we had any contact with the Howling Hills tribe was three or four years ago. There was a minor dispute during hunting season, some villagers and some goblin hunters both claimed to have taken down a large elk. There was a small skirmish with a few injuries but thankfully no deaths. A few days later the goblin chief got in contact with the Village Headman through an intermediary and they managed to meet and work things out without escalating things. Sadly the recent attacks probably mean there's been a change in leadership among the goblins with someone more aggressive in charge, not an uncommon occurrence."

Rachel added, "The only one who might have a better idea of things would be Auntie Una. She's lives in a cottage at the edge of the forest outside the village, provides healing herbs and remedies to folk since we don't really have a proper doctor or healing house. When someone is sick or injuried we rely on her and the cleric at the All-faith shrine for help. Although since Father Byron went on sabbatical went on sabbatical a few months ago the villagers are a bit nervous about approaching his replacement."

Elder Abel nods. "Una is also a practitioner of Druidic magics and likes to keep abreast of matters in the wilderness, if anyone knows anything about whats going one out there it would be her. In fact she was the one who acted as a go-between for the goblins when they wanted to contact the town. Unfortunately last I heard she had gone on one of her extended nature walks, recently so she may not be at her Cottage right now."

He looks to Constable Sullivan. "I'll copy out the information you need for your investigation and send it over to the station when I am finished. Give the Sergeant my regards when you inform him of what we have found so far."

The Constable gives a clumsy salute. "Thank you Elder. I'll be sure to do so." He turns to Celestina and Sariel, "I'll leave you ladies to your own devices from here. If you head out to that tomb and find anything please come by the station and let us know. I'm sure the Sergeant will have one of us seek you out once our own searches yield something of note."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Ector Blagettal

Ector nods, "Is like he says. Plant itself? Is okay. Seeds, though? Mmm, very good. Many options too, can bake them, squeeze them for the oil, crush them down into power as spice."

"But easiest is prepared mustard, easy to make. Crush the seeds, mix some vinegar, salt, paprika, garlic, maybe a little pickle brine... is many ways, but you get a paste that can be used on just about anything. Makes great sandwich."

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 pm "Cooking was never my strongest skill, but if you come by my farm while you're in town I'm sure my wife would love to swap tips. She's always wanted to see how her cooking matches up to a follower of Slog."
"Is great thing of working for Slog," Ector notes to Evan, "Priests try to share their teachings? People are unhappy. Slog tries to share his food? Ah, people are happy."

"Good food, good friends,"
He says with a chuckle.

"Ector is expecting to be around for a week, maybe towards end of week we can plan for feast, yes? Ector will bring food, and a few friends, and we have a good time. Is sounding good?"
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 pm"I plan to head by there for a bite once I'm done for the day if you'd like to join me."
Ector looks over to Evan, "Ector thinks is good idea. Am getting hungry."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Sariel Amastacia

"Well, of course, I will accompany you. And about Auntie Una, do you think she would have any knowledge of the Sidhe? I'm a scholar but finding anything and everything out about the Sidhe is my main focus. Since a certain Sidhe queen godmother of mine thought giving an 80-year-old elf wild magic to deal with some wolves instead of something more practical was a good idea. Sorry, but with all the weirdness I've had to deal with since it still irks me. Have you ever spent time trapped in the form of a potted plant, just sitting there and thinking."
stavaros_the_arcane

Psistrike wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Sariel Amastacia

"Well, of course, I will accompany you. And about Auntie Una, do you think she would have any knowledge of the Sidhe? I'm a scholar but finding anything and everything out about the Sidhe is my main focus. Since a certain Sidhe queen godmother of mine thought giving an 80-year-old elf wild magic to deal with some wolves instead of something more practical was a good idea. Sorry, but with all the weirdness I've had to deal with since it still irks me. Have you ever spent time trapped in the form of a potted plant, just sitting there and thinking."
Elder Abel paused and considered this. "I can't say I've experienced that particular scenario but mastering magic through wizardry tends to be a bit more predictable even when it backfires. Granted those backfires are no less spectacular. Still you'll have to tell me more of this godmother of yours and your magical awakening some time. Because from what I recall wild magic is most commonly exhibited by those with sorcery in their bloodline, yet to have power granted by a powerful fey sounds similar to pact magic as practiced by warlocks. Not to mention Fey gifts are rarely given freely. Hmm, a most intriguing mystery indeed. I will scour the library for any texts relevant to the Sidhe or other powerful fey. And while my knowledge of the fey is largely academic, Una will certainly have a great deal of first hand knowledge on the matter."