Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Doctor Mercury tries to kick Sai again. There's no style or artistry in it, just raw speed and strength. She sees that Sword is heading her way, so she jumps to the other side of the barn afterwards. She refuses to dignify him by staying to fight.

"It's a bit more difficult when you don't have four to one odds, isn't it," she says. "I don't know very much about fighting, so I apologize in advance if I break anything."

Melee attack vs Sai, DC 24 toughness: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

OOC: 0 HP, 0 injury, +9 Dodge and Parry
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 Luck: 2 Condition: -1 (1 Dodge & Parry) Initiative: 15 Round Counter: 4
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:55 am Halberd avoids La Petite Hercule's blow, showing years of training. "Fool! I've spent a DECADE training only in the fighting arts! Your clumsy strikes and poor reach will never get me!" With confidence, he unleashes a strong ax-blow down upon the French hero (22, DC 22 Damage).
Toughness check vs the 'Glaive': 1D20+11 = [17]+11 = 28

The blow comes down on Hercule's shoulder, and glances off. "Next they can be teaching you how to strike avec meaning?"

[ with ]
Last edited by Ken on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

A staff strike sweeps in at Harry's head, only to be caught by a red and white shield. The next strike at the knee is similarly turned away. Then two swings at the torso. And a thrust at the throat.

"See," Harry says, appearing to be paying more attention to his conversation with Flyby than to Staff's attacks, "If you keep your arm up like this, and plant your feet like this, you can actually cover the vast majority of your body without having to turn, or even move too much. Plus the pitchforks guy would have a hell of a time getting around it. Even stick here is having trouble and he's got the superior reach."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sai's Toughness (8 + 3 -1 = 10 vs. DC 24- Staggered)

Sai is dropped by Dr. Mercury's attack, being KO'd from the force.

Galactica's turn next, then Javelin, then The Shield.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Fatigued

So far, Spear had been having the greater luck in landing hits on the alien warrior, and she aimed to put an end to his attempts by taking away his weapon with the intent of breaking it.
Going for a Disarm attempt, so an attack roll at -2, but going to use Accurate Attack at +2 to offset that. Disarm vs Spear (-2 for Disarm, +2 Accurate Attack): 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17 Looks like a miss.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

"ARRGH!" Javelin shouts, seeing Sai dropped by Dr. Mercury. "We're not making any headway, and the flying one just lets my javelins bounce off of her!". Instead, he throws a Javelin and Dr. Mercury, nailing her dead-center (21, DC 21 Damage).

Sword, staggered, gathers himself (Recovery Action, no longer Staggered).

The Shield's up next.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Javelin save again: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11

OOC: Ouch. 0 HP, 1 injury, Dazed, +9 Dodge and Parry.

It's an almost perfect shot. If Doctor Mercury had a normal person's body, the javelin would have gone right through her lung. She is distinctly abnormal, so it only causes a sharp pain in the lower trapezius, but it's still the worst injury she's suffered all night.

"Will someone please put down that man with the stupid little throwing sticks!" she snaps.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

"On it," Harry says, again ignoring Staff to charge through the crowd, dodging around combatants until he comes onto his new target.

Launching into the air he spun a kick into Javalin's ribs, knocking him to the side and to a right cross, followed by a shield slamming into him at high speeds.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla says into her comms "Flyby, whatever you do end up by me and staying still for a sec. You're looking bad."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:20 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

"On it," Harry says, again ignoring Staff to charge through the crowd, dodging around combatants until he comes onto his new target.

Launching into the air he spun a kick into Javalin's ribs, knocking him to the side and to a right cross, followed by a shield slamming into him at high speeds.
(15, so Staggered. And hey- you can land hits after all :))

Javelin is rocked by The Shield's slam, being taken by surprise after putting so much attention on hitting flying people. "AGH! The elderly one hit me!" he shouts.

Flail, seeing an opening despite being staggered, takes a power-swing at Mustang... and misses horribly (13, lol).

Alrighty- So it's
Flyby 22 (Agi 4)
Semilla 22 (Agi 2)
Silver Witch 22
Slyce 22

So y'all can make your moves.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: -1 Toughness; Initiative: 22
Let's see if we can do a little better this time...

Slyce attacks Katana, Power Attack 2: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27

That's definitely better. That's +2 from the Power Attack, +5 from the Crit and if he succeeded by two degrees, that's another +2 so DC29 or DC31 Toughness Check.
Slyce easily dodged the clumsy swing by Katana and saw an opening in a non-vital area of Katana's midsection. He wouldn't bleed out, but if he connected, the power blue colored "ninja" might have to give up the fight. His claw strike was true as he sliced into the exposed muscle right below Katana's right arm. He could hear the flesh tear as his metal claws tore into the blade wielder.

"That's gonna f up your golf game, blue," Slyce taunted as he prepared for Katana's counter attack, JUST in case that didn't take the fight out of him.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla, hoping Flyby had headed her advice bows her head with muttered Welsh.

Warm healing energy coalesced and sought out the cocky flier.
[using power attack -2/+2power with healing, so +7 to hit, pr13 effect.
Healing: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
if that hits Flyby, (whom she asked to be still [so maybe vulnerable])
Heal: 1D20+13 = [4]+13 = 17
is sad, HP reroll
heal reroll: 1D20+13 = [14]+13 = 27
That should heal... 4 conditions
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:10 am SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: -1 Toughness; Initiative: 22
Let's see if we can do a little better this time...

Slyce attacks Katana, Power Attack 2: 1D20+9 = [18]+9 = 27

That's definitely better. That's +2 from the Power Attack, +5 from the Crit and if he succeeded by two degrees, that's another +2 so DC29 or DC31 Toughness Check.
Slyce easily dodged the clumsy swing by Katana and saw an opening in a non-vital area of Katana's midsection. He wouldn't bleed out, but if he connected, the power blue colored "ninja" might have to give up the fight. His claw strike was true as he sliced into the exposed muscle right below Katana's right arm. He could hear the flesh tear as his metal claws tore into the blade wielder.

"That's gonna f up your golf game, blue," Slyce taunted as he prepared for Katana's counter attack, JUST in case that didn't take the fight out of him.
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHH!" Katana shouts. "You've stricken... to wound... coward... Now no one will learn... how much sharper my sword is... than Sword's..." He falls unconscious (10 vs. 31).

"What?!? European swords are far superior to your pig-iron garbage, idiot!" Sword shouts back at Katana.

"The others are dropping like flies, Sword!" Staff shouts. "I don't even know where Knife is! Should we cut and run?"
"Cut and run? To where? There's capes everywhere!" Sword responds back. "We'll find an opening and finish who we can!"
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1

"Finish who you can, just for that you just got nominated as my new dance partner. Since the guy with the big axe wasn't your leader, who is? Because all the rumors I've heard say he is the leader of the Weapon Masters." Taking aim at Sword as a pair of twin pistols appear in her hand, she rains down a barrage of silver energy bolts upon her target

OOC: Attack roll for Silver Energy Blast: Attack roll: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24 DC 24 plus Multiattack if she hits by 2 or 3 degrees.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

(12. Yowch. He's now Staggered)

"I AM! The Weapon-Masters are of course led by the wielder of the world's most perfect weapoAAAAGGGGHHHH!" he shouts, being peppered by energy pistol bursts.

OK, just Mustang's move now, then it's some more Weapon-Masters.