Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:05 pm BEREND TALNOTH
HP-2 Condition-Normal

Taking a pull of his Cigar,he slides the Temporary conscription contract over to the Zezzak as he replies to her
"To put it bluntly;You lot are being hired as a temporary Guards for both Darrax&Iredell,getting paid by both Townships fer Bandit removal&Roaming Protection 'till such time as the King's Patrol shows back up.Pay(fer you lot,at the least) consists of Double the normal guard wages,any bounties they may have plus whutever we find on their bodies.I just get the later 2 an my Usual wages..."
Zezzaka eagerly looks over the paperwork when offered it. She reads it quickly, nodding at points, then looks to the caravan master. "And you are offering a different job, yes? Cart guarding?" the monk confirms. Once the details of that are confirmed she nods.

She looks over those assembled, her eyes immediately drawn to the huge, four-armed behemoth.

The monk's robes are colored like a sunrise (yellow at the bottom progressing through oranges, pinks, then reds with a deep, rich red at the top). She keeps them meticulously neat. They swish minimally as she approaches the swordswoman.

Remembering her earlier encounter, she begins with her name. "I am Zezzaka of Rajadesh, 5th Dan of the Order of the Brightest Dawn. Which arms do you wield your sword with?" she gestures to the nearby huge sword.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by pathfinderq1 »

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:05 pm
Turning his attention back to Lena,Berend motions for her to take a seat as he remarks
"Out of a bit of curiosity,what's a Wolfenstrahdi Trailblazer doin' this far from home?..."
"Mostly staying the hells away from Wolfenstrahd- my father told me enough tales of the Old Country to make I never want to go there..." The rasp at the end of her words might pass for a chuckle.
Supernaturalist wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:16 pm The aging wizard offers a wry smile to the weathered female, "Some of the best entertainments are free. Would you like to hear some of my suggestions? Perhaps in private, if you have the time?" Raising his off-hand as if to hush any response from the young female "scout", he adds, "Please my beauty...think about it...don't be so quick to dismiss my person."
She let him finish speaking to the Boss before she moved, or said a word- but anyone nearby would have felt a sudden chill in the air, and noticed that her left hand was now on the hilt of her short sword. Once the elderly man had finished speaking to Jonas and Berend, though, she stepped forward. If her voice had been raspy before, now it was a blade. "Only warning, grand-dad. Save that drivel for the barmaids, or those dying of desperation. Not for me, nor the boss's daughters. Clear?"

>OOC: Anyone with any degree of Insight (or Danger Sense) can sense impending violence- not an Intimidation attempt.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka holds up one finger to forestall the giantess's response and looks over at the caravan guard's interaction intently... almost eagerly.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

BEREND TALNOTH
HP-2 Condition-Calm

Still puffing on his Cigar,Berend calmly reaches onto his side and pull's out a very detailed Kukri.The handle has an almost Onyx looking handle as the blade itself look's like it depicts a dwarf slicing the throat of a Drow elf along the blade length. Making certain he has Lena's attention,Berend start's tapping said blade on the the top of his Mug almost rythmically as he say's to her
"I understand why yer angry at the man Trailblazer,i really do,but attacking him will only show how easy you are ta rile-up.I'm not saying he shouldn't be apologizing fer his ill-thought words, but right now violence solves nothin', as it'll only make it worse.Now,let me buy you a meal and you can tell me all ta where ya been since leavin' yer home..."
gonna try to diffuse the situation before the party wizard get beat on...
6+3=9 Persuasion attempt to diffuse situation use an HP to re-roll
7+3=10(+10)=20 Persuasion re-roll attempt hopefully this'll work.... ;)
Got to keep my HP due to GM mulligan,thanks,Thorp! :D
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
She let him finish speaking to the Boss before she moved, or said a word- but anyone nearby would have felt a sudden chill in the air, and noticed that her left hand was now on the hilt of her short sword. Once the elderly man had finished speaking to Jonas and Berend, though, she stepped forward. If her voice had been raspy before, now it was a blade. "Only warning, grand-dad. Save that drivel for the barmaids, or those dying of desperation. Not for me, nor the boss's daughters. Clear?"
Khu-Amon does not look particularly concerned until the woman closes distance and her hand comes to rest upon her weapon. His eyebrows raise and both eyes widen as he now senses her boiling rage.

"By Kefnet! I'm to receive a blade through my gullet for proposing a romantic-rendezvous!?!", his tone is one of indignant disbelief. "It is true that I've offended women at times, but I've never received more than a forceful slap! Only once in my long life have I even been struck with a closed fist. And as the gods are my witness, the gentlemen did look very much like a woman from behind."

He then raises his hands and begins to pace dramatically back and forth like some lawyer at a trial. " I mean...I realize I'm in a frontier town, but justice resides here nonetheless, does it not? Murder is illegal here as it is in Sekhumnkhet, no!?!" his voice rises with nervous passion. Many of the people in the pub look around quizzically, uncertain as to whom he's speaking.

"Very well, my ferocious fennec!", he says snapping his head back towards Lena. "Though I have tried to flatter you, I have obviously offended you. For that I am sorry. In the interest of professionalism, I shall never overtly - or through innuendo - proposition you again." His voice trails off into dramatic sigh.

After a short, awkward pause. He walks over to the burly dwarf. "Mr. Talnoth, if you'll still have me...despite my...", he then casts a gaze back towards Lena's direction, "...shortcomings."

His face turns slowly back to Talnoth, " I would be honored to serve in your cause. Now...If you'll excuse me. I need a hot incense-bath and some sleep. The trip here has been dreadful."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Maybe a bit drunk

There's a clamor from the bar as Tae unsteadily gets up from the bar, leaving behind a bar full of empty plates and even more mugs. He wobbles over to the commotion. "This is no time for such seriousness. We have food, drink, and a warm fire! All things needed for happiness...and singing!" With that he breaks out into song, waving his mug with the beat.

"It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se, but the girls in the city they look soo prett-ay!

And they kiss so sweet that you've really got to meet the girls from Ba Sing Se!
"

OOC wrote:Presence check for the singing and to improve the mood of the room. Presence check - Singing: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20
Hey not bad! Tae's got some pipes on him!

And yes I stole this song from Avatar. :)
Formerly luketheduke86
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Supernaturalist wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:03 am Khu-Amon does not look particularly concerned until the woman closes distance and her hand comes to rest upon her weapon. His eyebrows raise and both eyes widen as he now senses her boiling rage.

"By Kefnet! I'm to receive a blade through my gullet for proposing a romantic-rendezvous!?!", his tone is one of indignant disbelief. "It is true that I've offended women at times, but I've never received more than a forceful slap! Only once in my long life have I even been struck with a closed fist. And as the gods are my witness, the gentlemen did look very much like a woman from behind."

He then raises his hands and begins to pace dramatically back and forth like some lawyer at a trial. " I mean...I realize I'm in a frontier town, but justice resides here nonetheless, does it not? Murder is illegal here as it is in Sekhumnkhet, no!?!" his voice rises with nervous passion. Many of the people in the pub look around quizzically, uncertain as to whom he's speaking.

"Very well, my ferocious fennec!", he says snapping his head back towards Lena. "Though I have tried to flatter you, I have obviously offended you. For that I am sorry. In the interest of professionalism, I shall never overtly - or through innuendo - proposition you again." His voice trails off into dramatic sigh.
There is a moment's quiet pause at the foreigner's response- that brief sweet moment just AFTER the first crack of thin ice beneath an unwary foot, when everything hangs (perhaps quite literally) upon the edge of a blade. But Lena let him step away when he tried to do so, and her hand relaxed on the hilt of her sword. Perhaps more importantly, though few would have noticed it, her OTHER hand, which had been obscured by the drape of her cloak, returned to view- had there been the whispered 'snick' of a blade returning to sheath?

She turned her back on the man, perhaps a bit over-dramatically, and stepped to her employer's side. For an instant, it looked as if she might speak again- but then the pandaren burst into drunken song. Though the roughly-dressed young woman did not laugh or smile, her voice held what might have been a trace of good humor. "Truly, Master Wheelwright, quite a show. Not just a dancing bear but a singing-and-dancing bear, the one who looked a ringmaster revealed as a clown, and the bearded lady shown as the ringmaster in truth. I'll have to take Jarki's meal out to him when it is ready, just to lay this tale at his feet..."

And with that, she slid through the crowd to find a seat with the other members of the wagon crew, at least for the time being.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zezzaka was visibly disappointed when hostilities died down. She gestured for the large woman to continue.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

BEREND TALNOTH
HP-2 Condition-Normal

As the Wolfenstrahdi trailblazer went to talk to the caravaneer's,Berend let out a small sigh of relief.Everyone at the table can hear not just the Kukri going back into it's sheath,but what sounds like a Crossbow being unwownded.Getting up,the Dwarf start's speaking as he stretches
"I'm gettin' a mite too old ta play Nanny anymore...Yer still part of the Crew ,'Officer Amon'.Bit o'advise from an old dwarf: when in foreign land's,pay attention to any relationship's you see.It'll tell you how a local conversation's suppose ta go.Percilli,i'll be heading up ta my usual room,have Veda wake me up when the Cook staff comes in,as we all got a busy mornin' ahead...."

With that,Berend head's-up to his usual room(last one in the Hall with a window) and to bed...
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:54 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:05 pm BEREND TALNOTH
HP-2 Condition-Normal

Taking a pull of his Cigar,he slides the Temporary conscription contract over to the Zezzak as he replies to her
"To put it bluntly;You lot are being hired as a temporary Guards for both Darrax&Iredell,getting paid by both Townships fer Bandit removal&Roaming Protection 'till such time as the King's Patrol shows back up.Pay(fer you lot,at the least) consists of Double the normal guard wages,any bounties they may have plus whutever we find on their bodies.I just get the later 2 an my Usual wages..."
Zezzaka eagerly looks over the paperwork when offered it. She reads it quickly, nodding at points, then looks to the caravan master. "And you are offering a different job, yes? Cart guarding?" the monk confirms. Once the details of that are confirmed she nods.

She looks over those assembled, her eyes immediately drawn to the huge, four-armed behemoth.

The monk's robes are colored like a sunrise (yellow at the bottom progressing through oranges, pinks, then reds with a deep, rich red at the top). She keeps them meticulously neat. They swish minimally as she approaches the swordswoman.

Remembering her earlier encounter, she begins with her name. "I am Zezzaka of Rajadesh, 5th Dan of the Order of the Brightest Dawn. Which arms do you wield your sword with?" she gestures to the nearby huge sword.
ANKARA

The Shokan/Goliath eyes her sword, trying not to show a sign of nervousness. Once the woman and the sly one have ended their conversation, she begins. "My people do not ordinarily wield such weapons, so there exists little training for them where I am from. I have learned that wielding with the upper arms allows for an important high ground, but the lower arms generate more force with downward strikes. However, I prefer to fight with my bare hands, as is tradition."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm ANKARA

The Shokan/Goliath eyes her sword, trying not to show a sign of nervousness. Once the woman and the sly one have ended their conversation, she begins. "My people do not ordinarily wield such weapons, so there exists little training for them where I am from. I have learned that wielding with the upper arms allows for an important high ground, but the lower arms generate more force with downward strikes. However, I prefer to fight with my bare hands, as is tradition."
Zezzaka's eyes light up with interest. (There's actually a soft glow in them for a moment).

"You are one of the largest Shokan I have seen. Your adaptation to your people's brutality must truly be quite spectacular." The thin woman says with wonder in her voice. "I am certain that I'll be able to offer advice, exercises, and avenues for improvement. Especially if you are largely self-taught." She takes it as a given that the giant woman would want her help. "I eagerly await both learning from you and criticizing you in battle." The monk says as if such comments were commonplace.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:14 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm ANKARA

Zezzaka's eyes light up with interest. (There's actually a soft glow in them for a moment).

"You are one of the largest Shokan I have seen. Your adaptation to your people's brutality must truly be quite spectacular." The thin woman says with wonder in her voice. "I am certain that I'll be able to offer advice, exercises, and avenues for improvement. Especially if you are largely self-taught." She takes it as a given that the giant woman would want her help. "I eagerly await both learning from you and criticizing you in battle." The monk says as if such comments were commonplace.
"Criticizing?" Ankara says, resisting the urge to use the monk as a melee weapon against the entire bar. No, she thinks to herself, this is probably polite to these people. I shall resist. "Yes. That would be sufficient and not at all enraging. After all, my Gods proclaimed that I must use this weapon, however much I dislike its use. Are you yourself a sword-wielder? I look forward to seeing you smite your foes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 am "Criticizing?" Ankara says, resisting the urge to use the monk as a melee weapon against the entire bar. No, she thinks to herself, this is probably polite to these people. I shall resist. "Yes. That would be sufficient and not at all enraging. After all, my Gods proclaimed that I must use this weapon, however much I dislike its use. Are you yourself a sword-wielder? I look forward to seeing you smite your foes."
Zezzaka looks like she just bit into something bitter. "No. My Journey of Perfection requires no crutch... err... weapons but I am fascinated by what belief structure would require their use? Perhaps you can tell me of these 'Gods' that would have you enslave yourselves to such external contrivances?" Zezzaka asks.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jonas just sat back and watched the whole thing with Lena and Khu-Amon escalate and eventually dissipate. He looked over at his drivers and noticed that they didn't bat and eye at the whole thing. They just sipped their drinks and waited for their food, half of them looking like they could barely hold their heads up.

He mused to himself, Look at ‘em. My drivers. My kids. Too damn tired from the road to watch our guard nearly f***ing kill an old wizard and a f***ing panda man dance and sing to try calm the whole f***ing thing down. How f***ing often does anyone get to say they saw THAT sh*t? Goddamn shame we’ve had to work so f***ing hard for this payday…

Lena might be right about this adventuring crew being a f***ing circus show. But if the rumors about the f***ing bandits are true, this circus might be my only shot of getting this load to Millford on time. My team has all busted their f***ing asses for me on this trip. I can’t afford to let them down. And I trust Percilis, so if he says these f***ing freaks can do the job, then we’ll bring the f***ing circus with us.

He waves to Berend and even Khu-Amon as they take their leave. He turns to Lena and then says with a wink, “Aye, darlin’, a f***ing circus it might be. But a little entertainment for the road can’t hurt, right? Come on, let’s have a drink, a good f***ing meal and hit the sack. And then we can get this f***ing traveling show on the road first thing in the morning.”

Then he smiles. “But first…”

Jonas gets up from his seat, throws his arm around Tae-Phoon and says “one more time!”

Not knowing the words, Jonas simply “la-la-la’s” along with the tune and waves his mug in the air as Percilis and some of the other bar patrons begin to clap along.

GM Talk: That will end the bar scene as far as I’m concerned. If you want to RP the end of your character’s eve, feel free, otherwise I will have a post up tomorrow to get you all on the road to Millford.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:47 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:24 am "Criticizing?" Ankara says, resisting the urge to use the monk as a melee weapon against the entire bar. No, she thinks to herself, this is probably polite to these people. I shall resist. "Yes. That would be sufficient and not at all enraging. After all, my Gods proclaimed that I must use this weapon, however much I dislike its use. Are you yourself a sword-wielder? I look forward to seeing you smite your foes."
Zezzaka looks like she just bit into something bitter. "No. My Journey of Perfection requires no crutch... err... weapons but I am fascinated by what belief structure would require their use? Perhaps you can tell me of these 'Gods' that would have you enslave yourselves to such external contrivances?" Zezzaka asks.
"Our Gods are vast in power, and colossal in numbers" Ankara brags. "We have Golius, the God of Punching. Azrako, the God of Punching in the Chin (a subtle, but important, difference). Argon, the God of Kicking. Argus, the God of Stomping, and Argon's brother. The Twin Gods of Grappling, Boro and Maro. Bron, the God of Southpaws. Garnok, the God of Kneeing. Arno, the God of attacks to the groin. Prona, the Goddess of Elbowing. Antara, the Goddess of Hair-Pulling. Pulmona, the Goddess of Suplexes. Sheenara, the Goddess of Jaw-Breaking..."

She just goes on like this.