Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pmSHORT ASIDE: I decided to follow a little bit of Ken's footsteps and sprinkle in a little Russian occassionally,due to him being half-raised by a Large Russian family...
Is that a short joke? ;)

Seriously, I saw you were including some Russian bits, and I thought 'Cool'. :) 8-)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pmSHORT ASIDE: I decided to follow a little bit of Ken's footsteps and sprinkle in a little Russian occassionally,due to him being half-raised by a Large Russian family...
Is that a short joke? ;)

Seriously, I saw you were including some Russian bits, and I thought 'Cool'. :) 8-)
no,IRL i'm only 5'6&1/2",so i can totally understand being the Runt(i tried out for Football in HS,so i know how LPH feels) :D

and thank's, ithought i'd horn-in on your act a bit...:)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:30 pm By the by, I'll leave it to you Jab as to the veracity about Adrien's statements about where his grandfather and Uncle Jacques live. Them knowing enough about French regions to actually name them is surreal enough to be funny. Whether you want them to actually be able to truly distinguish accents, is up to you. But my rule of funny said 'why not explain it'.
Yeah, I included that scene entirely for the absurdity of having a bunch of purported rednecks actually being familiar enough with accents and French geography to have encyclopedic knowledge of it. I was waiting for you to leave an opening for it, such was my nerdy desire to get a debate like that in there :).

So I threw LPH into a combat situation by his lonesome. The boys at the bar have a scrap of their own, too! I knew I wanted a fight EVENTUALLY, and I figured that we'd had enough time with the conversations to get things REALLY going.

As I'm still new at this, and we had a really large team, I knew there'd be some chance we'd end up in "2-3 people saying stuff; everyone else sitting around" moments, which I feared might be a little boring. So thanks everyone for your patience, and I'm glad we had a few little character bits on the outside of the main plot. I think with a group this size, "investigative" stories are probably not the way to go from now on, but I figured I'd start small.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

(OCC: No,i'm not attacking.I'm using Intimidation first,then i'll attack if it doesn't work.I just rolled Initiative IN CASE i needed it.Sorry for the Confusion.... :oops: )
But you did speak Russian at them... most of Russian sounds like a call to imminent violence even when asking them to pass the tea.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:08 am
(OCC: No,i'm not attacking.I'm using Intimidation first,then i'll attack if it doesn't work.I just rolled Initiative IN CASE i needed it.Sorry for the Confusion.... :oops: )
But you did speak Russian at them... most of Russian sounds like a call to imminent violence even when asking them to pass the tea.
In that case,all i have to say is....BAR FIGHT! :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Russian and German, all words are fighting words :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 amSo I threw LPH into a combat situation by his lonesome. The boys at the bar have a scrap of their own, too! I knew I wanted a fight EVENTUALLY, and I figured that we'd had enough time with the conversations to get things REALLY going.
Hnnh. Adrien told his team he was about to get into a fight. Rosa said backup was coming. I doubt he'll be lonesome for long.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 am
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:36 amSo I threw LPH into a combat situation by his lonesome. The boys at the bar have a scrap of their own, too! I knew I wanted a fight EVENTUALLY, and I figured that we'd had enough time with the conversations to get things REALLY going.
Hnnh. Adrien told his team he was about to get into a fight. Rosa said backup was coming. I doubt he'll be lonesome for long.
Oh yea. Flyby barely heard your message before flying out :lol:.

Speaking of that, Jab, let me know when I get there and can act.
Formerly luketheduke86
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:11 am
In that case,all i have to say is....BAR FIGHT! :D
And cue the music! YEEEEEEEEEE-HAH!!!
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 pm
And Slyce? What Slyce?
It was replaced by Syerra Myst in most markets, between 2000 & 2003. ;)

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 pm
And Slyce? What Slyce?
Which was a real shame,as i perfered Cherry Slyce over regular....:P
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:38 pm
And Slyce? What Slyce?
Whelp, Sawyer just found the new nickname he's going to use for Thorp's character. :D
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

L-Space wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:21 pm
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 pm It was replaced by Syerra Myst in most markets, between 2000 & 2003. ;)
Whelp, Sawyer just found the new nickname he's going to use for Thorp's character. :D
All I read was "Blah blah Sawyer doesn't like breathing anymore, blah."
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 pm It was replaced by Syerra Myst in most markets, between 2000 & 2003. ;)
:lol: :lol:
Yeah,i think Slyce(aside from maybe Silver Witch, Doc Mercury or Semallia(?)) is the only person in the Crew that can get hrough Mustang's hide(which,if i'm not mistaken,is the highest Protection in the VL right now).The reason i say this is multi-fold:
--a fight between Mako&Todd(if on dry land) would result in him just overpowering her...
--A fight between Mustang and any other Strength based people(Hercule,Galactica,The Shield) ends in "No Contests'...
--Flyby could possibility be caught and Powerslamed if he swung by too close...

The only person that could "take out" Mustang at his own game if Slyce,due mostly to the Claws.Check out the math,it paint's a rather intresting Group Combat Dynamic...
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 pm
Sawyer is smart enough to use such nicknames while hovering a safe distance overhead :).
Formerly luketheduke86