Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:59 am
Arkrite wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm
The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Don't worry about it," Harry says jovially, "No harm done. Besides, Skeeter here reminds me of my friends growing up."

"As for going, well, we're just waiting on a friend to show up. Short guy, french accent?"
Harry asks then glances out the window, "No idea why he was out this way, think somebody gave him a bum steer. You know how people like to play tricks on foreigners. He said he'd swing by here, and to be honest a part of me hopes he makes it quick."

He leans over conspiratorially, "I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I think you've got the right idea. Somethings going on out on the streets. There was nobody in sight for blocks before we got here. Kind of spooky."

"You're all locals, right? We get ourselves in the middle of something or is that normal?"
"You might not know it, on account a' bein' a foreigner..." one guy responds. "But Mega-City has a whole lot a' street activity from... upwardly-mobile youths such as ourselves." it occurs to you that despite their redneck accents (some of which aren't that convincing), none of these people look much older than 21. "And it ain't safe to be stickin' your NOSES OUT in the DARK!"
MUSTANG
HP-1 CONDITION-On Alert

Todd could take a lot of things growing-up the way he has;teasing&bullying(untill he became bigger than the bullies) about who his dad was,Suspicion's from other heroes of his Loyalties,things of that nature.The one thing he would never stand for,however,was someone threating a Stareyshina(Elder) anywhere near his hearing range....

Shooting up out of his chair like something bite him,he was at the Bar beside Shield and,leaning menacingly at said Bartender all but whispered
"Listen REALLY closely,друг(Friend),cause i'm only going to tell it to you ONE TIME;you will treat this man with the Uvazheniye(Respect) his age has earned him,or i'm going to show you AND YOUR BUDDIES what a nail feels like when the Hammer hit's it...Ponimayu(Understand)?"
OOC:alrighty then,let's see how Coyotecode likes me today....
3+8=11 Intimidation check think i'll use an HP to re-roll that...
4+8=12+10=22 well that's much better! :D....
SHORT ASIDE: I decided to follow a little bit of Ken's footsteps and sprinkle in a little Russian occassionally,due to him being half-raised by a Large Russian family...
oh yeah,forgot my Initiative!...20+3 = 23 oh NOW i get a Nat 20! :roll:
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm

Ken wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am
"Sacrebleu! You attack moi because you think mes amis and I work for ze ninjas? Que dois-je faire?" he says probably not sounding all that frightened.

"Hang in there, Hercule."
Semilla says into active comms. "Standby team coming to your location."

"Bar team, up to you whether you come to Herc's location or not. If you think you're getting good info or, I guess they call it 'intel' when it's, like, official, then feel free to keep chatting the locals, we'll radio if we're in over our heads. Try not getting in any fights if possible. It'd suck to have two different fights going on at the same time."
Semilla chides.

All this coordination seems to spur her into action.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm

SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine
OOC: So Jab, Slyce is going to try to make a Batman entrance into the bar by stealthing in through the front door while everyone is focused on Mustang and Shield getting into it with the dude at the bar. If he succeeds, he’ll just sit at a table fairly close to the door and wait for the next round to make his presence known with a smart ass statement that hopefully gets a “holy crap, where did that guy come from?” response.

If he fails, he’ll just come back with some snappy “what up fellas, just looking to whet my whistle, don’t mind the big black dude dressed in all black, he certainly blends in here…” patter.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25


Hopefully that’s good enough. Regardless, for the Initiative, I also used up too good of a roll…

Initiative : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
Hearing things starting to get testy in the bar, Slyce called on his convert ops experience and slipped up to the door like a shadow. Gametime, the former football star thinks as he tries to get into the bar unnoticed…
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Jabroniville
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am

Ken wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:28 am
le Petit Hercule

Hercule: 21 Initiative check.: 5+1D20 = 5+[16] = 21


Adrien prepares himself for the coming attacks, but takes no offensive action. He crosses his hands in front of his face, hoping he looks scared, but actually to activate the radio's send-unit pinned to his cuff.

"Sacrebleu! You attack moi because you think mes amis and I work for ze ninjas? Que dois-je faire?" he says probably not sounding all that frightened.
[Heavens! / me / my friends / whatever shall I do]
[OOC: I am Delaying Adrien's action. Using Withstand Damage at the -2/+2 level (Adrien's max) D&P 4; T: 14]
"The Leader fires a shot from his shotgun at you, hitting dead center" (total of "19" to hit, for DC 21 Damage)

The other three spend the turn grabbing baseball bats and large boards, preparing to go on the rampage immediately. Everyone naturally assumes the shotgun blast will finish you.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 am

MacynSnow wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Todd could take a lot of things growing-up the way he has;teasing&bullying(untill he became bigger than the bullies) about who his dad was,Suspicion's from other heroes of his Loyalties,things of that nature.The one thing he would never stand for,however,was someone threating a Stareyshina(Elder) anywhere near his hearing range....

Shooting up out of his chair like something bite him,he was at the Bar beside Shield and,leaning menacingly at said Bartender all but whispered
"Listen REALLY closely,друг(Friend),cause i'm only going to tell it to you ONE TIME;you will treat this man with the Uvazheniye(Respect) his age has earned him,or i'm going to show you AND YOUR BUDDIES what a nail feels like when the Hammer hit's it...Ponimayu(Understand)?"

OOC:alrighty then,let's see how Coyotecode likes me today....
3+8=11 Intimidation check think i'll use an HP to re-roll that...
4+8=12+10=22 well that's much better! :D....
SHORT ASIDE: I decided to follow a little bit of Ken's footsteps and sprinkle in a little Russian occassionally,due to him being half-raised by a Large Russian family...
oh yeah,forgot my Initiative!...20+3 = 23 oh NOW i get a Nat 20! :roll:
[/quote]

(Oh, are you fighting now? Okay, then! I'll assume you're talking to one of the rednecks and not the bartender- he wasn't the one speaking to The Shield like that :))

Redneck A: Initiative 7
Skeeter: Initiative 6

(uh-oh. Your move)

Jabroniville
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 am

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm
SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine
OOC: So Jab, Slyce is going to try to make a Batman entrance into the bar by stealthing in through the front door while everyone is focused on Mustang and Shield getting into it with the dude at the bar. If he succeeds, he’ll just sit at a table fairly close to the door and wait for the next round to make his presence known with a smart ass statement that hopefully gets a “holy crap, where did that guy come from?” response.

If he fails, he’ll just come back with some snappy “what up fellas, just looking to whet my whistle, don’t mind the big black dude dressed in all black, he certainly blends in here…” patter.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25


Hopefully that’s good enough. Regardless, for the Initiative, I also used up too good of a roll…

Initiative : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
Hearing things starting to get testy in the bar, Slyce called on his convert ops experience and slipped up to the door like a shadow. Gametime, the former football star thinks as he tries to get into the bar unnoticed…
(Nobody spots you having slipped in, especially as they're focusing on the very large man badgering the one guy)

Just then, two MORE guys burst out of the back, one shouting "The boss says there's one over at his place, too! These Ninjas're sendin' secret agents out to git us! Let's get 'em!" Both are brandishing large wooden boards.

Redneck C: Init 13
Redneck D: Init 21 (hey, a good one!)

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Psistrike » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:44 am

Silver Witch
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Fine
With a simple act of will, Ariana creates a large box with various chairs formed from silver energy, ready to go. "Anyone in need of a lift so we can get their faster climb aboard. Word of warning, I will put a transparent dome up before moving as I'm going just under Mach 1 for this."

OOC: Just assume she flies them to Hercules location once everyone who wants a lift climbs aboard.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by MacynSnow » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:02 am

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 am
MacynSnow wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm
Todd could take a lot of things growing-up the way he has;teasing&bullying(untill he became bigger than the bullies) about who his dad was,Suspicion's from other heroes of his Loyalties,things of that nature.The one thing he would never stand for,however,was someone threating a Stareyshina(Elder) anywhere near his hearing range....

Shooting up out of his chair like something bite him,he was at the Bar beside Shield and,leaning menacingly at said Bartender all but whispered
"Listen REALLY closely,друг(Friend),cause i'm only going to tell it to you ONE TIME;you will treat this man with the Uvazheniye(Respect) his age has earned him,or i'm going to show you AND YOUR BUDDIES what a nail feels like when the Hammer hit's it...Ponimayu(Understand)?"

OOC:alrighty then,let's see how Coyotecode likes me today....
3+8=11 Intimidation check think i'll use an HP to re-roll that...
4+8=12+10=22 well that's much better! :D....
SHORT ASIDE: I decided to follow a little bit of Ken's footsteps and sprinkle in a little Russian occassionally,due to him being half-raised by a Large Russian family...
oh yeah,forgot my Initiative!...20+3 = 23 oh NOW i get a Nat 20! :roll:
(Oh, are you fighting now? Okay, then! I'll assume you're talking to one of the rednecks and not the bartender- he wasn't the one speaking to The Shield like that :))

Redneck A: Initiative 7
Skeeter: Initiative 6

(uh-oh. Your move)

[/quote]


(OCC: No,i'm not attacking.I'm using Intimidation first,then i'll attack if it doesn't work.I just rolled Initiative IN CASE i needed it.Sorry for the Confusion....Edit:As Flynn pointed out,Russian is a VERY threatening language.So what the hay...BAR FIGHT! :D )

MUSTANG
HP- 0 condition-BAR FIGHT!
:D

Todd's hand was a blur as he grabbed the disrespectful moron and,holding him up by one hand like a dart,threw him towards his buddies with the boards....
OOC: As Flynn pointed out to me in the OOC thread, i will now attempt the legendary "Human Dart" trick!...
14+8=22(Unarmed slugging attempt on the disrespectful moron)
If it connect's, i'll immediately do Fast Grab&Improved Hold which will make the DC to Escape my hold a -5 to his attempt
17+10=27(Fast grab attempt on the disrespectful moron)
To quote the great Kevin Bacon: "Can you Fly,you Sucker! CAN YOU FLY?!" :D
Last edited by MacynSnow on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:36 am

Image
GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

The (currently) vibrant red alien warrior looked equal parts disappointed at the prospect of not getting to try a "taw-co" right now, and happy something is finally happening. Ultimately, she can bug Sawyer to bring her for "taw-cos" later, so for now, it is time to layeth the smack down!

K'lara eagers hops into construct, but foregoes the seat, eagerly leaning at the front edge, keeping her eyes open out front.

Ken
Posts: 1994
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 pm
Location: DeKamore, Madiganistan

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:27 am

le Petit Hercule
HP: 1 ; Luck: 2 ; Condition: Prone; Initiative: 21
Flynnarrel wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:33 pm
"Hang in there, Hercule." Semilla says into active comms. "Standby team coming to your location."
Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:26 am
The Leader fires a shot from his shotgun at you, hitting dead center (total of "19" to hit, for DC 21 Damage)

The other three spend the turn grabbing baseball bats and large boards, preparing to go on the rampage immediately. Everyone naturally assumes the shotgun blast will finish you.
"Hang in there, Herc---" BLAM!! "--am coming to your location." Adrien missed the middle part of what Semilla was saying.

toughness check vs Hillbilly Leader's shotgun: 1D20+14 = [12]+14 = 26

Adrien is knocked off his feet by the shotgun blast, landing prone (D&P:2) on his back, as the blast puts a sizeable hole in his shirt. His chest underneath looks unscathed.

"Eye?" he says questioningly.
OOC: He had meant "aïe", which is French for "ow", but given that he was asking it and not meaning it, the actual meaning would probably be lost.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Does a Winnie poo in the 100-acre wood?

RainOnTheSun
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:20 am

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by RainOnTheSun » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am

Doctor Mercury starts to come to Adrien's aid when the radio call goes out. Twelve hundredths of a second later, she reconsiders. It doesn't sound like he's in that much trouble. Semilla already said the standby team would call if they needed more help. And really, how many of them would it take to handle a roomful of hillbillies?

Not even real hillbillies, either. Pretend hillbillies!

She walks into the barn and has a look around, instead.

[OOC: Doctor Mercury isn't trained in Investigation, but she has low light vision and she can take inventory of the barn's contents sixty times faster than an ordinary person. Unless another team member calls for help, she'll take this opportunity to inspect the gang's home turf while they have other things to worry about.]

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1337
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:32 am

Initiative : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22


(Nobody spots you having slipped in, especially as they're focusing on the very large man badgering the one guy)

Just then, two MORE guys burst out of the back, one shouting "The boss says there's one over at his place, too! These Ninjas're sendin' secret agents out to git us! Let's get 'em!" Both are brandishing large wooden boards.

Redneck C: Init 13
Redneck D: Init 21 (hey, a good one!)
SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine; Initiative: 22

Damn, this is escalating just like I thought, Slyce thinks as he flaps his leather coat behind him and takes a seat at a table not too far from where Mustang and Shield are being confronted. He leans back in the chair with his arms folded behind his head, taking in the scene of the advancing Hillbilly Gang members moving in on the two guys that seem to have drawn the ire of the Hillbillies.

They definitely look like the type of dudes Hugh would have recruited. Let's see what they got...

OOC: Slyce is holding his action.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2269
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:14 pm

Semilla.... less eagerly climbs on to the silver construct reminiscent of a roller coaster cart.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1132
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Arkrite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 pm

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

Confused by the sudden actions of Mustang, Harry is slow to respond, and fails to notice Slyce's entry into the bar.

Jabroniville
Posts: 9364
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Jabroniville » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:51 am

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:43 pm
SLYCE

HP: 1; Condition: Fine
OOC: So Jab, Slyce is going to try to make a Batman entrance into the bar by stealthing in through the front door while everyone is focused on Mustang and Shield getting into it with the dude at the bar. If he succeeds, he’ll just sit at a table fairly close to the door and wait for the next round to make his presence known with a smart ass statement that hopefully gets a “holy crap, where did that guy come from?” response.

If he fails, he’ll just come back with some snappy “what up fellas, just looking to whet my whistle, don’t mind the big black dude dressed in all black, he certainly blends in here…” patter.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25


Hopefully that’s good enough. Regardless, for the Initiative, I also used up too good of a roll…

Initiative : 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
Hearing things starting to get testy in the bar, Slyce called on his convert ops experience and slipped up to the door like a shadow. Gametime, the former football star thinks as he tries to get into the bar unnoticed…

Mustang, the guy you've Intimidated, Redneck A, is now shaken. You also Daze & Bruise him (-1 Toughness)

However, Redneck D has his move next, and takes a swing at you- 9 + 5 to hit... misses. You dodge or block his shot :).

Redneck C instead decides to attack The Shield, going for 12 +5, which isn't enough to hit either, even without your shield (crap, who's holding it again?)

(Edit: Never mind- he actually hits. DC 19 damage!)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply