Interest Thread: MnM 3E - Thorpocaverse Fantasy Game

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
L-Space

Re: Interest Thread: MnM 3E - Thorpocaverse Fantasy Game

Post by L-Space »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:29 am
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:27 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 am

Not even in my cruelest of moments would I subject anyone to the horror of Sharknado 4 so you're good. :)
There are four of those things?!
Yeap,and i could only get to 3 before i swapped my TV line for Internet....they're up to Sharknado 5 now right?
Going to be 6 by the end of the month.
Formerly luketheduke86
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

L-Space wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:44 am

Yeap,and i could only get to 3 before i swapped my TV line for Internet....they're up to Sharknado 5 now right?
Aw man,i missed half! :(
I guess i could try and find 'em online...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

L-Space wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:44 am

My god..... we're doomed!!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I like low-powered and Fantasy games are awesome.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:00 am I like low-powered and Fantasy games are awesome.
Right?! It forces people to get creative! Love it!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

They definitely have a good place.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:02 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:00 am I like low-powered and Fantasy games are awesome.
Right?! It forces people to get creative! Love it!
Depending on how you set your Magic System(Hard Style: basically Harry Potter or AvatarTLAB/Kora or Soft Style: think Original Thundercats or He-Man/She-Ra) and how well it jells with your world setting,it can be Fantastic.It also forces you to play outside the "Comfort Zone" of PL 10/150 games...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:41 am
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:02 am I might even draw up some kind of map of the world (kinda) and the area the PCs will be starting in, which for all my games is the thorp of Thorpe in month of Smarch.
Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty adept at Campaign Cartographer. I could offer to help you with that if desired.
I might take you up on that. I keep saying I'm going to get something like that and lay things out but I never do. I was just planning to go old school, draw it out on graph paper and load the pics but having something a little more artistic sounds good.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:13 am Depending on how you set your Magic System(Hard Style: basically Harry Potter or AvatarTLAB/Kora or Soft Style: think Original Thundercats or He-Man/She-Ra) and how well it jells with your world setting,it can be Fantastic.It also forces you to play outside the "Comfort Zone" of PL 10/150 games...
I'm still defining it a bit but if you look at my PCs I've built to test with, I would say it's probably somewhere in the middle. For my own taste, I tried to mimic some of the classic D&D spells and give the spellcasters the ability to cast PL level+5 per day (so a PL5 character could 10 spells a day), with a Will or Fort check at DC10+Will/Fort defense to cast more once you've hit the limit. It's seemed to be a good balance between slinging away and the restrictions of something like D&D where I feel you run out of spells too quick at the lower levels.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:14 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:13 am Depending on how you set your Magic System(Hard Style: basically Harry Potter or AvatarTLAB/Kora or Soft Style: think Original Thundercats or He-Man/She-Ra) and how well it jells with your world setting,it can be Fantastic.It also forces you to play outside the "Comfort Zone" of PL 10/150 games...
I'm still defining it a bit but if you look at my PCs I've built to test with, I would say it's probably somewhere in the middle. For my own taste, I tried to mimic some of the classic D&D spells and give the spellcasters the ability to cast PL level+5 per day (so a PL5 character could 10 spells a day), with a Will or Fort check at DC10+Will/Fort defense to cast more once you've hit the limit. It's seemed to be a good balance between slinging away and the restrictions of something like D&D where I feel you run out of spells too quick at the lower levels.
So what's your stance on "Gnome Guns" and the implication's thereof....?
Ghost of Krypton

Post by Ghost of Krypton »

Certainly interested, on review I'm curious on your stance in regards to Martial classes, specifically fighters and what have you.

A lot of your sample builds have a per-day array of class features, are you expecting fighters to have an array of afflictions for taunts, shield bashes, etc? Just curious from a design stand point.

Not that I have a serious concept yet, though I'd be learning towards Dragonborn Paladin, or a Human ranger type.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:24 pm Certainly interested, on review I'm curious on your stance in regards to Martial classes, specifically fighters and what have you.

A lot of your sample builds have a per-day array of class features, are you expecting fighters to have an array of afflictions for taunts, shield bashes, etc? Just curious from a design stand point.

Not that I have a serious concept yet, though I'd be learning towards Dragonborn Paladin, or a Human ranger type.
He Ghost,if you go for the Ranger i'll take the Rogue as it won't impact my concept any.
Ghost of Krypton

Really, I'll likely try my hand at the Paladin, but that may be costly based on the racial template and Thorp's paladin builds.

Costly but fun!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Ghost of Krypton wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:31 pm Really, I'll likely try my hand at the Paladin, but that may be costly based on the racial template and Thorp's paladin builds.

Costly but fun!
True.I myself always had a soft-spot for Dwarves,but didn't like the fact they were almost always Martial Classes.....
Ghost of Krypton

I know it's almost universally reviled, but my old table top crew loved 4E, and I had a Mountain Dwarf Guardian who was so fun to play!

Though I kind of deconstructed the dwarven stereotypes with him which made it even more interesting.