Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Re: Iroha

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 am Now Jab, I know you enjoy the lax image restrictions I have here, but I don't want any thread here to basically become soft core p-
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:59 pm Image
. . . . . . *AHEM* I mean, good job, carry on.
I tried googling "Iroha". Several of the top listed sites found were about a brand of vibrators. Whoops.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Andrew

Post by Jabroniville »

ANDREW (Andrew... Jackson?)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown VI (2004)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown VI
Home Country: U.S.A.
Weapon: Musket
Role: Beautiful Young President
PL 9 (149)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Close Combat (Bayonet) 1 (+13)
Expertise (Politics) 9 (+13)
Insight 5 (+8)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Musket) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Benefit 3 (President of the U.S.A.), Equipment 2 (Numerous Swords), Evasion, Improved Critical (Guard Destroyer), Improved Critical (Mighty Slash), Improved Critical (Uppercut), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Samurai Shodown Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Heavy Attack), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Shodown Fighter" Features 1: Adds Weapon Damage to Special Moves [1]

"Special Moves" (All Have Flaws: Requires Signature Weapon)
"Grand Cannon" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses -2, Inaccurate -1) (7) -- [9]
  • AE: "Rising Star" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Eagle Break- Dashing Slash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Equipment:
"Musket" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses -2) (4)
"Bayonet" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Musket +13 (+5 Damage, DC 21)
Special Moves +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Musket Shot +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Grand Cannon +10 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Future President)- Andrew is destined to become President of the United States.
Weakness (Predictability)- Andrew cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 13 + 12 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 16 (149)

-Yes, Andrew is really supposed to be ANDREW JACKSON, President of the United States. The beautiful, long-haired, pretty-boy President of the United States. He befriends Yoshitora as a new "Rival" character, and visits Japan to seek out potential threats to his country. His look is unique (but feels more British with those epaulets and tiny glasses), and I REALLY like him using a bayonet instead of a sword- dishonorable (naturally, the gun acts more like video game Fireballs), but stylish.

-Andrew is a PL 9 fighter with good ranged options- having a MUSKET means you need to make a few modifications- he's one of the few characters whose Blasts come right from Equipment and anyone could do them, but I used some modifications. The "Grand Cannon"
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Earthquake

Post by Jabroniville »

EARTHQUAKE (Real Name Unknown)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown I (1992)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown I, II & VI, SS 2019, SNK (vs) Capcom Chaos
Home Country: U.S.A.
Weapon: Kusarigama
Role: Powerhouse, Big Fat Monster
PL 9 (119)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+12)
Expertise (Ninja) 4 (+4)
Expertise (Thief) 8 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+10)
Perception 5 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Kusarigama), Improved Critical (Kusarigama), Improved Critical (Butt Drop), Improved Critical (Buzzsaw), Ranged Attack 2

Samurai Shodown Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Light Attack), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort (Super Move), Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Chosen Weapon), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Heavy Attack), Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:

"Buzzsaw" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 6) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (9) -- [13]
  • AE: "Falling Butt Drop" Strength-Damage +2
  • AE: "Mirror Images" Illusion 6 (Visuals) (Flaws: Limited to Himself) (6)
  • AE: "Portal Drop" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
  • AE: "Flame Fandango" Damage 6 (Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (9)
Equipment:
"Kusarigama" Strength-Damage +1 (Reach) (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Kusarigama +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Butt Drop +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Buzzsaw +11 (+6 Damage & Affliction, DC 21 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed)
Weakness (Predictability)- Earthquake cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 6 + 12 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 12 (119)

-Earthquake is your everyday 500 lb. American ninja highwayman, looking like a lavender extra from Road Warrior. He trained with the same master as Galford, but bailed early and taught himself the rest. He used Amakusa's attack on Earth as a cover to steal as much as he could, but disappeared into the Makai World in the second game- despite the next three being prequels, he missed every one of them, only showing up again for SS VI. Until 2019's remake, he had only appeared in the prequel sixth game since then... and oddly in SNK's version of the Versus series as well. The seventh game in the series oddly brought him back, too. Earthquake is also notable for being absent from the Sega Genesis version of the game- his sprite was just too big to fit into their system's memory.

-Earthquake is positively TITANIC, and was definitely the largest sprite seen in a Fighting Game until that point. An absolute beast of a man, he does as much damage unarmed as most guys do with their SWORDS, but has a low-grade enough weapon (a small-ish Kusarigama with a weighted other end) that he doesn't do any more damage than Haohmaru or Genjuro, with their lethal blades. Earthquake is by far the most dangerous Shodown fighter in a grapple, and has a nasty Multiattack- one of the more high-tier examples of that in the Fighting Game-themed builds I've done.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
L-Space

Re: Andrew

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 pm Image

ANDREW (Andrew... Jackson?)
I'm trying to decide if this is so silly it's stupid or so silly it's amazing... :?
Formerly luketheduke86
Ken

Re: Andrew

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 pm-Yes, Andrew is really supposed to be ANDREW JACKSON, President of the United States. The beautiful, long-haired, pretty-boy President of the United States.
Someone's been longing for a American $20 bill for toooooooooooo long.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Sieger

Post by Jabroniville »

SIEGER (Neinhalt Sieger)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown II (1993)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown II & VI
Home Country: Prussia
Weapon: Oversized Gauntlet
Role: Powerhouse, Severe German
PL 8 (121)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10)
Athletics 8 (+12)
Expertise (Knight) 9 (+11)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Gauntlet), Improved Critical (Gauntlet), Improved Critical (Blitz Sieger), Ranged Attack 6

Powers:

"Finger Flick" Deflect 6 (Extras: Reflection) (Reduced Defenses 2) (2) -- [4]
  • AE: "Vulcan Weinan- Flamethrower" Damage 6 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2) (Reduced Defenses 2) (2)
  • AE: "Blitz Sieger" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Equipment:
"Huge Gauntlet" Strength-Damage +2 (2)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Gauntlet +10 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blitz Sieger +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Vulcan Seinan +6 Area (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

Complications:
Responsibility (Prussia, The Red Lion Knights)- Sieger hunts Mizuki for his people.
Weakness (Predictability)- Sieger cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 9 + 12 / Powers: 5 / Defenses: 13 (121)

-When I was a kid, I thought Sieger was SO COOL- this gigantic, muscular dude carrying an enormous gauntlet as a weapon. It was a bit outlandish for a series more focused on real-looking weapons, but hey- I was impressed by how bad-ass it looked.

-Sieger's stage is hilariously German- this stoic, severe, militaristic stage full of stalk-still knights in red armor. He's the leader of the Red Lion Knights, and is there to hunt down Mizuki. In his ending, he marries a woman named Elizabeth, but in a Shodown-themed RPG, he marries QUEEN VICTORIA, making him, quite hilariously, Prince Albert (who was, of course, German). His name means "Non-Stop Winner" in German.

-Despite looking cool, Sieger missed the rest of the series, until the sixth one brought him back. Thus, I made him a PL 8 Powerhouse with a good Deflect and an Area Damage attack.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Re: Jab's Builds! (Charlotte! Genjuro! Cham Cham! Gen-An! Earthquake!)

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Man, I had no idea this series was that popular and had that type of roster. I'm loving this set of builds. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:27 am Man, I had no idea this series was that popular and had that type of roster. I'm loving this set of builds. 8-)
Thanks!

Oh yeah. I’ve been planning on doing Shodown builds since 3rd edition freaking came out! But every time I made a list of names for a potential posting order, the sheer size of the roster (more than thirty guys) would stall me out, and I’d put it on the back burner again. It’s not as popular as MK or SF, making the prospect of spending two weeks on the series a questionable proposition- I had to REALLY be in the mood to get it to work.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Nakoruru! Jubei! Galford! Hanzo! Haohmaru!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Goldar wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:20 pm Been away on Holiday, and have so many pages of great characters to peruse! :o

You have been busy, Jab!

(Uhmn mmnn mmnnn...... goes back to reading all these good old character bios...)
Oops- forgot to reply to this! Great to see you back, Goldar! Have fun searching through them! A handful of Marvel characters, plus some other random guys.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Sieger is pretty badass, so it's a shame he skipped out on most of the other games. "Baaaaaaah!" I imagine he's not fully armored because despite his great strength, having both the giant gauntlet and full plate armor might be too much. Also, while he doesn't appear in Sen, another member of the Red Lion Knights does, named Walter: (but sadly, his design is a lot more generic, since he's just a standard fully armored knight with a broadsword, though I suppose it's not too bad since no other character in the series looks like that) Image

In other Fighting Game news. Simon Belmont (and Richter Belmont) and King K. Rool were announced for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. And it was awesome.
Jabroniville

Amakusa

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImageImage

AMAKUSA (Amakusa Shiro Tokisada)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown I (1992)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown I, III, IV, V Special & VI
Home Country: Japan
Weapon: Short Sword
Role: Final Boss
PL 11 (191)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 14 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+15)
Expertise (Religion) 6 (+10)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Chi) 8 (+14)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Crystal Ball), Evasion, Improved Critical (Phoenix Flash), Improved Critical (Dark Destroyer), Improved Critical (Holy Spirit Slicer), Improved Initiative 3, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Miasma Plasma" Damage 6 (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Distracting) (18) -- [22]
  • AE: "Phoenix Flash" Blast 8 (Reduced Defenses -2) (Inaccurate -1) (11)
  • AE: "Holy Spirit Slicer" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) (8)
  • AE: "Dark Destroyer" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate) (1)
  • AE: "Evil Hornet" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
Equipment:
"Crystal Ball" Strength-Damage +2 (Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Crystal Ball +14 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Holy Spirit Slicer +14 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Phoenix Flash +12 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +17

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)
Weakness (Predictability)- Amakusa cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 86 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 13 + 12 / Powers: 22 / Defenses: 16 (191)

-Distinctive Final Boss of the first game, Amakusa (based off of an Amakusa Shiro who staged a revolt of Roman Catholics against the Shogunate, but was executed when a rebel soldier gave information to the Shogun's army) is ornate, feminine and magical- a huge contrast to the burly macho men of other games. Amakusa is a Christian warlord who was put to death, and allowed his hatred against the world to turn him to the Demon Ambrosia. He reawakens 150 years later in the body of Shinzo Hattori, and sends Japan into chaos. He is finally slain by Haohmaru.

-Much like other Final Bosses, Amakusa left a lasting impression, and returned in later games. Split into good and evil halves by his death, the good half hunts the evil one in Samurai Shodown III. However, he is saved by Kazuki, who slays the evil half. His soul is destroyed saving the lives of the heroes from Mizuki.
Jabroniville

Mizuki

Post by Jabroniville »

MIZUKI (Raijoushin Mizuki)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown II (1993)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown II, V Special & VI
Weapon: Prayer Papers
Role: Final Boss, Demonic Woman
PL 12 (188)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 6 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 11 (+15)
Expertise (Demon) 8 (+12)
Insight 3 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+12)
Perception 4 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Chi) 8 (+14)

Advantages:
Equipment 1 (Crystal Ball), Evasion, Improved Critical (Dog Attack), Improved Critical (Multi-Slap), Improved Critical (Teleport Attack), Improved Initiative 3, Minion 6 (Wolf), Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Teleport Attack" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) Linked to Teleport 2 (Extras: Attack Only, Ranged) (16) — [20]
  • AE: Dog Attack” Blast 8 (Reduced Defenses -2) (Inaccurate -1) (11)
  • AE: "Dog Lightning Blast" Blast 6 (Reduced Defenses -2) (8)
  • AE: “Multi-Slap” Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack) Linked to Affliction 5 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (8)
  • AE: Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
Equipment:
"Prayer Papers" Strength-Damage +2 (Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+5 Damage, DC 10)
Papers +15 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Lightning Blast +16 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Dog Attack +14 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +18

Defenses:
Dodge +16 (DC 26), Parry +17 (DC 27), Toughness +6 (+7 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Destruction)
Weakness (Predictability)- Mizuki cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 50–25 / Advantages: 21 + 12 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 18 (188)

-Mizuki is the distinctive, interesting boss of Samurai Shodown II, and is empowered by the same Demon who forged Amakusa’s might in the first game. A creepy woman with long fingernails and an echoing voice, Mizuki is INTENSELY disturbing, and fits this universe perfectly with her style- traditional clothing, but an inhuman nature that makes her off-putting and utterly unique. Mizuki was an infant who was thrown into the sea by her family during a famine throughout Japan- dying with intense, confusing fear, she made a pact with the demon Ambrosia, and was "reborn" with mystical abilities. Adopted by a village after washing ashore, she develops magical powers, and begins to despise humanity. Changing forms numerous times, she takes over a priestess named Bizuki after defeating her, but several monks (and living puppets) manage to seal her away- she awakens at the beginning of the second game (actually the sixth, chronologically). She makes Earthquake, Gen-An & Genjuro her minions, but the latter leaves due to a lack of interest, and she's slain by Haohmaru & Nakoruru.

-Mizuki is infamously cheap, like all SNK Bosses, and can completely annihilate even skilled players. She's a powerful PL 12, sporting numerous devastating attacks, including a portal that slides along the ground, grasping the unfortunate victim, then hits them with lightning and dumps them from the top of the screen.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Kazuki

Post by Jabroniville »

KAZUKI (Kazama Kazuki)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown IV (1996)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown IV-VI, SS 2019, Samurai Shodown 64
Role: Fiery Fighter
PL 9 (121)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Expertise (Ninja) 8 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Short Sword), Evasion, Improved Critical (Fire Grab), Improved Critical (Way of Hell), Improved Critical (Flaming Ball), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:

"Fire Grab" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Flaws: Source- Fireballs on Ranks 5-6) (Inaccurate -1) (3) -- [6]
  • AE: "Flaming Ball" Blast 5 (Flaws: Source- Fireballs on Ranks 4-5, Reduced Defenses 1) (2)
  • AE: "Banishing Flame" Damage 5 (Inaccurate -1) & Enhanced Parry 2 (3)
  • AE: "Way of Hell" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Equipment:
"Short Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Short Sword +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Banishing Flame +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Fire Grab +11 (+5-7 Damage, DC 20-22)
Way of Hell +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Flaming Ball +12 (+3-5 Ranged Damage, DC 18-20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +12 (+14 Banishing Flame, DC 22-24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (Hazuki- Sister)- Kazuki breaks the law of his ninja clan by going to rescue his sister.
Flaw Explanation (Fireballs)- Kazuki may create a single "Fireball" as a Free Action each round, up to a total of three. Moves with the Flaw "Source- Fireballs" require Fireballs to do higher than normal damage. This means that he cannot use all of his Special Moves at maximum power, one after the other- he must spread them out between other moves.
Weakness (Predictability)- Kazuki cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 10 + 12 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 15 (121)

-Kazuki has a pretty simple design, and "Super Saiyan" hair, fitting a fiery "Red Oni" concept as a counterpart to his sibling Sogetsu, who represents the icy "Blue Oni". He surprisingly appeared in the 2019 update of Samurai Shodown as well.

-Kazuki has a very unique attack pattern, which basically lets out weaker attacks that get stronger the more "Fireballs" you have surrounding you. You have to create some Fireballs as separate moves, building them up from one to three- having three fireballs while you execute a Flaming Ball or the Fire Grab will make it hurt more. Otherwise, you operate on a lower level. This is tricky to reflect in M&M terms, so I made it a Flaw that he has to build them up as Free Actions each round- meaning it takes three rounds of OTHER stuff to build up his attacks to their most powerful, and then he has to start over.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Sogetsu

Post by Jabroniville »

SOGETSU (Kazama Sogetsu)
First Appearance:
Samurai Shodown IV (1996)
Game Appearances: Samurai Shodown IV-VI, Samurai Shodown 64
Role: Watery Fighter
PL 9 (125)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 11 (+14)
Expertise (Ninja) 8 (+8)
Insight 3 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Fire) 8 (+12)

Advantages:
Equipment 2 (Short Sword), Evasion, Improved Critical (Death Moon), Improved Critical (Water Ball), Improved Critical (Water Bubble), Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:

"Water Spout" Blast 4 (Reduced Defenses -2) (4) -- [7]
  • AE: "Death Moon" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats : +2 to Hit Opponents Who Parried Last Turn) (Inaccurate) (1)
  • AE: "Water Bubble" Affliction 6 (Strength; Vulnerable / Defenseless) (Extras: Ranged) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Reduced Defenses -2) (2)
  • AE: "Water Transport" Teleport 2 (Feats: Change Direction) (3)
Equipment:
"Short Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Short Sword +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Water Bubble +12 (+6 Ranged Affliction, DC 16)
Water Ball +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Clan)- Sogetsu is charged with killing the "renegade" who left their clan- his own brother, Kazuki.
Relationship (Hazuki & Kazuki- Siblings)
Weakness (Predictability)- Sogetsu cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 46--23 / Advantages: 10 + 12 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 18 (125)

-Sogetsu represents the icy "Blue Oni", contrasting Kazuki- he coldly goes after his own brother for leaving the clan. He fights in a more typical style, but has that rare kind of Teleport move you don't see in a lot of regular fighters in Samurai Shodown. There's a grapple, a Blast, and even a rare AFFLICTION, which has the primary feature of screwing up people's movements, leaving them more vulnerable to attack. Potentially a lethal move in a Fighting Game-based world, where everyone's a bit less durable.
MacynSnow

Re: Jab's Builds! (Genjuro! Gen-An! Earthquake! Sieger! Amakusa!)

Post by MacynSnow »

You know my main problem with Sogetsu story-wise(he's pretty good as a playable character)?He's a Total jerk just because.I got no problem with BOSSES being asshat's,that's part of their job after all(like Zangief said in Reck-it Wralph: Just because your the Bad Guy doesn't mean your a bad GUY),but to not even care that your hunting down your own SIBLINGS to kill them?That takes a special kind of Douchbaggery....