Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jabroniville

Re: Recruitment Thread (The Jabverse)- Recruiting CLOSED

Post by Jabroniville »

Ok, holding off till BG3, EE and Flynn weigh in.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Sounds good, Jab.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Remind me to get EXACT SPECIFICATIONS as to where everyone is, next time we go on a mission. Rookie GM mistake, I guess :).
Ken

Post by Ken »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 am "Report?" Semilla requests over comms. "How're we all doing down there?"
Flynn,

When does her saying this into the radio happen in respect to Dr. Mercury's radio commentary about the neighborhood's nightlife, and Adrien's commentary back, and questions about barns and hillbillies?

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 am Remind me to get EXACT SPECIFICATIONS as to where everyone is, next time we go on a mission. Rookie GM mistake, I guess :).
It doesn't help that some people seem to have improvised on what was discussed.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:50 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 am "Report?" Semilla requests over comms. "How're we all doing down there?"
Flynn,

When does her saying this into the radio happen in respect to Dr. Mercury's radio commentary about the neighborhood's nightlife, and Adrien's commentary back, and questions about barns and hillbillies?
I get the impression the commentaries from those two isn't so important here as Rosa is doing something, ANYTHING, out of a sense of nerves to distract herself from said nervousness mentioned earlier in the post.
Ken

Post by Ken »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am
Ken wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:50 am
Flynn,

I get the impression the commentaries from those two isn't so important here as Rosa is doing something, ANYTHING, out of a sense of nerves to distract herself from said nervousness mentioned earlier in the post.
I agree that she's doing anything to to distract herself from her nervousness.

That said, it could also be interpreted as she hasn't heard from people. But Dr. Mercury and Hercule have talked to the team via the radio, ergo it is possible that her request is before Dr. Mercury said anything.

It is also possible that her request for a report came just moments after Hercule asked the group a question.

My inclination would be to think her report request came first. In my head, the flow of events: Semilla asks people to report, Dr. Mercury responds with the comments about nightlife, Hercule responds to those comments and asks his question and thus two people have reported in, makes sense. However, I'm not inclined to make decisions about other people's characters, therefore I'm asking Flynnarrel what the intention was for clarification.

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I know how to resolve this.. posting soon.
"Something pithy this way comes."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:41 am Remind me to get EXACT SPECIFICATIONS as to where everyone is, next time we go on a mission. Rookie GM mistake, I guess :).
I made an assumption that the "strike" group would meet up with and wasn't very clear with my post. Offered the opportunity to meet up in my last post, so if you want we can be more coordinated.
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:27 pm I know how to resolve this.. posting soon.
Did you miss that Galactica spoke to Rose directly?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Semilla held up a finger asking the galactic wrestler for a moment. Feel free to have K'lara misinterpret the human gesture.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:07 am
Like how Flynn invented a pilot, lol? I was gonna write a thing how Maynard had to make a last-minute call when we needed the jet :).

I saw Batgitl log in for today (it’d been a couple since she’d done so), so hopefully she can weigh in. Either way, I’ll push forward tonight.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 pm Semilla held up a finger asking the galactic wrestler for a moment. Feel free to have K'lara misinterpret the human gesture.
Consider it misinterpreted as disinterest then I guess, further perpetuating an unfortunate apparent habit the group seems to be forming.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:30 pm Semilla held up a finger asking the galactic wrestler for a moment. Feel free to have K'lara misinterpret the human gesture.
Consider it misinterpreted as disinterest then I guess, further perpetuating an unfortunate apparent habit the group seems to be forming.
Sawyer offered his location if you want to join him on the stakeout (our character's haven't had much interaction) and he can introduce Galactica to one of Earth's best foods, burritos.
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

L-Space wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm
Sawyer offered his location if you want to join him on the stakeout (our character's haven't had much interaction) and he can introduce Galactica to one of Earth's best foods, burritos.
That is one of two plans of which she (I) haven't decided on which to go with yet. The other is making a ruckus trying to call out the currently occupying gang as she suggested earlier and was endorsed by Doc Mercury (Not picking up on anything so subtle as sarcasm) and was not challenged on by anyone else.

Though having some interaction time with Flyby does sound tempting, as does the discovery of the Earth delicacy known as "bow-ree-toe". :P (I'll probably go with that one, but the unfortunate habit is people not responding well to her, either being brusque (Hercule with the misunderstanding regarding how he introduced himself), scolding (when asking about Earth customs regarding the use of different languages) or just not really responding to her (when suggesting calling the gang out more directly or trying to suggest to Rosa that they go do something to act rather than sitting and not contributing meaningfully).

Gonna develop some bad teamwork habits with her with communication like that.