Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:46 pm (Oh wait, when did you leave the truck? Just then?)
OOC: Adrien was never in the truck.
Ken wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:19 am le Petit Hercule
Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:37 amHarry offers a ride to anybody who's interested, though Todd would likely feel cramped in the pickup truck, even one customized for a larger than average man.
Whe Harry had offered people a ride, Adrien declined. A natural introvert, the past hour at HuMayne had been taxing and de-energising. He opted to take the elevated train, saying he would meet Harry, Todd, and Maia there. Despite the people on the train, he didn't really interact with anyone. People on public transit tended to be like that. So, he arrived feeling recharged.
Ken wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:36 amDuring the trip from the HuMayne Enterprises building to the afflicted neighbourhood, Adrien sat, flipping through his big thick map book. Being from Paris, and still having his London A-Z, he had known that most world-class cities had them available. So, when he passed a bookstore in Grant International, he popped in and picked up the equivalent for Mega City.

Once arrived, he looked around. He noted the squalor.
As the train pulled away, he noticed something peculiar atop the elevated train.
(<I wonder why there are handrails on top of the train cars.>)0o. he thought.

He started wandering towards the abandoned petting zoo, and ignoring the squalor, started looking for people.
Last edited by Ken on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I didn't think Hercule (or Mercury) were ever in the truck.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ah crap. Completely missed that bit. I’ll have to write something tonight. I thought we still had people checking things out in the truck. That’s why nobody was seeing ANYTHING.

Hercule, you hear a half-block behind you “HEY! Hey you! Git away from that-thurr fence!”
Ken

Post by Ken »

I assumed Adrien saw the truck, since you mentioned it passing.

Harry and Todd are in the truck. Maia might be in the truck, but BG3's been quiet.

Dr. Mercury rode atop the train, while Adrien was inside it. Good thing there are those things on top.

Flyby is on a roof.

Silver Witch is flying low between buildings.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Jabroniville wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm Hercule, you hear a half-block behind you "HEY! Hey you! Git away from that-thurr fence!"
"Pardon." Adrien tried to make his accent even more pronounced as he took a half step back from the fence.

He turned towards the voice, wanting to see who was there.

Adrien looking towards the voice that told him to get away from the fence.: 1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17

Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Bringing the truck to a stop he frowns as he parks.

"This place is too quiet. Getting a bad feeling something is going down tonight," He notes into his comm, "Going to see if I can get any information out of the people at the local bar, Mike's. Keep us in the loop if you find anything, or need help."

Harry clambered out of the truck and rolled his shoulders to stretch his muscles and looked up and down the street.

Yes, he just drove right into the middle of all this didn't he?

"Story of my life," He mumbled to himself with a wry grin, and turned to head to Mike's.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The flier was roomier than expected. The seats were large and sturdy, as if they expected that muscle-laden heroes would put them to use. Made sense. The safety harness, criss-crossing straps that held you secure even in 'maneuvers' (whatever those were), were initially problematic over her tree form - the fewer people who knew her identity the better and while Maynard trusted the pilot, he agreed not to take chances. Semilla ended up 'vining' to get into the harness - her body condensed into a mass of rootlets and clingers, wriggled under the straps and re-solidified. She always found the process disconcerting.

They were airborne and fairly high up circling not close enough to be spotted casually but not far enough away to be impotent. The pilot was awaiting a signal from 'the heroes' and she was waiting for... what? Something to come over comms maybe? If the 'infiltration' team got into trouble they were, theoretically, going to call for back-up on comms. She hoped they would. She could onlt imagine that being super-strong and nigh-invulnerable made one cocky and thing they could handle anything. Well, if a call for assistance came in they were to swoop in and... and thins is the part she was most shakey one... she was to drop, DROP, out of the airship who would come in low for that purpose. She had to confer for almost a half hour with Seamus who assured her it was in her spell-enhanced body's capability. She probably looked as anxious as she felt while she was locked in literal introspection for all that time.

"Report?" Semilla requests over comms. "How're we all doing down there?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara looked unhappy harnessed into the flier with Semilla. Not because she disliked Rosa or anything, if anything, observing the mage in her plant form was the most fascinating thing about the current situation. No, the alien wrestler didn't like that she was stuck in the flyer, far away from any potential trouble.

Sure the idea was that IF something happened, the two of them would be flown in...but at the same time, they were useless until and unless something actually did happen. The two of them could be doing something NOW. If Hercule thought he looked helpless partly because he was from a different country, what would that make her being from another planet? The same idea should apply. And Rosa could look like an alien too with all the multitude of physical appearances they came in.

She leans forward across to Rosa "Hey, we should get down there and do a search also. We can cover more ground. Hercule, Shield and Flyby all went to different places, so I feel like we're kind of not being useful sitting up here."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
OOC: I don't have anything to add to the scenes right now,so Todd's following Shield into the Bar after a count of 5....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

When Semilla's request for a report came back with a confused super-geek saying he had nothing to report the mageling cursed herself. She reached into the foliage of her hair and toggled the switch from Johnathan Neville back to group general chat.

She holds up one viney finger to the galactic wrestler requesting a moment.

"Sorry guys, getting used to these new comms. If you said anything, please repeat and could I get a status report from folks? Are you ready for the fliers to come in?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm When Semilla's request for a report came back with a confused super-geek saying he had nothing to report the mageling cursed herself. She reached into the foliage of her hair and toggled the switch from Johnathan Neville back to group general chat.

She holds up one viney finger to the galactic wrestler requesting a moment.

"Sorry guys, getting used to these new comms. If you said anything, please repeat and could I get a status report from folks? Are you ready for the fliers to come in?"
MUSTANG
Placing his hand to his ear,todd gives off the impression of popping his neck as he whisper's to Rosa
"Well,me and the 'Old Man' are heading into some bar called Mike's to dig for some intel...this place is WAY to quiet for my liking.It's almost like the civies are waiting for something..."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
HP: 1 LP: 2 (power stunts)
Condition: Normal
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm "Sorry guys, getting used to these new comms. If you said anything, please repeat and could I get a status report from folks? Are you ready for the fliers to come in?"
Sawyer brings a drink to his lips and with a mouthful of burrito activates his comm, *sluuurp* "I haven't seen anything too unusual from my spot, except an awesome taco truck a few blocks back! If you (Semilla), Galactica, and Witchie wants to meet up at my location, when things do go down we can move out together. Plus I have a few more tacos and burritos for the stakeout."
Formerly luketheduke86
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara frowns at Rosa then moves towards the pilot "I would like to be brought down and get off the vehicle. I can jump down from about 250 foot lengths."
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"I'm on a nearby rooftop, will monitor the situation from up here. No way are you getting me into a bar, too many horror stories from Uncle Jacob about how rough things can get from the wrong word or look at a drunk. Just keep me updated if the situation changes.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Sorry K.. Galactica." Semilla catches herself. "I was consolidating reports. I haven't heard from Hercule, but Dr. Mercury had his Overwatch duty. She'd let us know if there was trouble I'm sure." She notices the change in the flight pattern. "Oh, you heard Flyby requesting rendezvous? Thanks for communicating that to the pilot." Semilla smiles a wooden smile that is nevertheless warm.