Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa blanches. "I DON'T want to fight any of these people." she says looking at the 8 others assembled.

"So, are we going to the Hillbilly territory to investigate the area with the goal of identifying this group that ousted the HillBillies, striking at them if we find a way to, but generally just seeing what they were after. And there seemed like two teams - one 'powered and obvious' and the other in civvies and covert? Is that what I understood?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:34 am"So, are we going to the Hillbilly territory to investigate the area with the goal of identifying this group that ousted the HillBillies, striking at them if we find a way to, but generally just seeing what they were after. And there seemed like two teams - one 'powered and obvious' and the other in civvies and covert? Is that what I understood?"
"Oui," Adrien said, gesturing to the civvies he'd changed into recently. "Most of you should be in the 'obvious' group. You have weapons, or appearance distinctif, or your familles and your secrets need to be protected. I am a stranger here; I appear harmless; I am difficile to injure. I should be the fromage in the mousetrap. Dr. Mercury can stay close," he gestured to where he last knew Dr. Mercury was standing, "to me. I allow myself get mugged. The rest of vous capture the 'perps'. We interrogate them, and utelise what we learn to determine our next step."

[Yes/distinctive/families/difficult/cheese/you]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
Ken wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:44 pm le Petit Hercule
"Oui," Adrien said, gesturing to the civvies he'd changed into recently. "Most of you should be in the 'obvious' group. You have weapons, or appearance distinctif, or your familles and your secrets need to be protected. I am a stranger here; I appear harmless; I am difficile to injure. I should be the fromage in the mousetrap. Dr. Mercury can stay close," he gestured to where he last knew Dr. Mercury was standing, "to me. I allow myself get mugged. The rest of vous capture the 'perps'. We interrogate them, and utelise what we learn to determine our next step."

[Yes/distinctive/families/difficult/cheese/you]
"Sound's good to me. Me and Witchie here," points to Morgan, "Can keep a lookout from up above and, if anything goes screwy, we can be down there faster then Lil' Herc can yell 'Sacre blue!'." Sawyer smiles and then gives Adrien the once over, "Though if these guys can give Herc problems, we're probably all in trouble."
Formerly luketheduke86
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

"We are decided, then. Mr. Maynard, your airplane will not be needed tonight, so simply provide us with our radios and we will be on our way."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 am "We are decided, then. Mr. Maynard, your airplane will not be needed tonight, so simply provide us with our radios and we will be on our way."
"Hey, sounds good to me, kid" he hands them over. "Just don't lose 'em- we REALLY don't want anyone else having a direct line. Mr. Neville here's been targeted by villains in the past! Thankfully, he doesn't investigate secret identities or anything, and most of his information is freely posted! Otherwise the bad guys would have a LOT of reasons to threaten him!"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara looks at Hercule, head tilted slightly, as if trying to see something about the broad, stout man. "Changing your clothing does not really make you look any less formidable physically. You do not really look all that helpless." The alien warrior was getting tired of planning, especially when it wasn't even really clear who was doing what now.

They had wanted some people to go in undercover to talk to locals, but that didn't seem all that necessary given the small size of the territory...Hercule said he looked helpless, which really wasn't accurate even with a change of clothing...

"We should just go there and loudly call them out, a proper challenge. Would they not lose face to other gangs if they did not respond?"" She looks to Mustang and Ariana, whom Mustang had identified as the "resident gang experts".
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:08 am "We should just go there and loudly call them out, a proper challenge. Would they not lose face to other gangs if they did not respond?"" She looks to Mustang and Ariana, whom Mustang had identified as the "resident gang experts".
Makiko shrugged. "Go ahead," she said. "If it works, call the rest of us on the radio."

She handed the radios out, giving the special comlinks to The Shield and Rosa.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Okay. So Mustang, myself, Mako and Hercule will go in with our civvies. Give us ten to fifteen minutes to get into position, then the costumed members will make their appearance," Harry says, "Based off what I've heard about sightlines; getting in without being seen might be a problem, and this might result in a confrontation immediately. In which case we'll join up and try to catch the enemies from behind."

"If both groups make it in without a confrontation we'll start our investigation. Remember, our goal here isn't to crush the hillbillies, but to find out who these new ninjas are and what their purpose is."

"As much as I would enjoy crushing this gang, we're more curious to know who's in the process of starting a gang war, because they might just move onto the next gang afterwards. Normally I wouldn't care if two gangs decided to scrap, but it's the innocent people caught in the middle that we're worried about."

"Once we're in, if we can't find any evidence of the ninjas we can revisit Hercule's plan for getting some hillbillies alone for an interrogation."

He looks at the group, "So, I need somebody to do me a favor. I can't walk in with my shield, so would somebody be willing to carry it for me? It's magical in nature, but it's just a normal shield. Indestructible, but normal."
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
Arkrite wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:24 pm The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

He looks at the group, "So, I need somebody to do me a favor. I can't walk in with my shield, so would somebody be willing to carry it for me? It's magical in nature, but it's just a normal shield. Indestructible, but normal."
Sawyer immediately suppress the excited look on his face and replaces it with one of indifference, "I guess I could help a senior citizen out and carry it for you."
Formerly luketheduke86
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa accepts the 'special' communicator with a mix of reverence and trepidation. As the prospect of this actually happening becomes more and more a reality she pulls out her smartphone.

To Mom: Sorry, I'm going to be later than I thought. There's a...

She hesitates, not knowing how much she should tell her parents from both a security standpoint and a 'them not worrying' standpoint.

... small assignment Maynard wants looked in to. Important but not really dangerous. I'll be fine. I'll Uber home or get a ride. Luv you all. Oh, tell Johnny not to spoil tonight's episode till I get a chance to see it. Big Trouble! :P

Rosa puts her phone back in the pocket of her 'administrative assistant' wear. She'd have to remember to bring a whole range of clothes. Though she still couldn't see it working with a non-powered costume (still tbd from Maynard's 'focus group') vs. a disguise (wig and glasses) vs. her 'enhanced' form in missions vs. casual she figured it would be good to have outfit options. The thought of fighting crime in her PJs under the tree-form made her smile inwardly.

Outwardly she tried to stay sharp, focused, and appearing engaged, nodding at appropriate times all the while just hoping it'd be over soon. She could really use a half-caf mocha frap right about now, but she just settled on getting her own hot tea and looking around to see if anyone needed a refill.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Adrien wasn't that keen on Harry's plan, mostly beacause he wasn't sure the four of them in civilian clothes were meant to do. But he had agreed that Harry should lead, so he opted to keep quiet and follow. He'd ask for details later.

However, when Harry said he'd need a shield carrier, he remembered that Harry wouldn't be alone. He gestured towards Mako, "Elle will need someone to carry her... um... fourche de météo?" The inflection in his voice indicated that he was seriously questioning what to call her weapon.

she/weather fork
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa raises her hand. "The Silver Witch or I should probably carry the pitchfork err,... trident." It made sense. She didn't think either of them were going into hand-to-hand so the weapon wouldn't be in her way.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MUSTANG
(Todd Beaureguard-Svyenko) HP-1 Condition-Normal
Giving a wide grin to the group,Todd decided to do some light ribbing to "The Kitchen Boss"(re:The Shield) while doing a little flirting with Mako.Sliding up near the New Zealand beauty,Todd says
"OK,"Grandpa",let's head for where you and your "Old War-Buddy" remember growing up.Why mom stuck ME doing this on "Date Night",i have NO idea...."
Turning towards Mako(still grining the entire time),the street-hero say's quickly to his "Date"
"I'm SOOO sorry for all this hassle Maia,i PROMISE to take you out to somewhere nice tomorrow...."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

Rolling her eyes, Ariana couldn't believe how goofy Mustang was acting. "The cheese is strong in this one, are you trying out for a role in a B-movie or going undercover? And I'll carry your weapon, Mako. Now let's get moving already, afterward we go out to eat because we have been talking for at least 30 minutes now if not more, I've lost track of time."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neville and Maynard begin final preparations:

Neville: "So it's Mustang, Mako & Hercule as potential 'bait', or just 'walking around in our civilian identities to search without suspicion', while the others play hero elsewhere?"
Maynard: "Yeah, looks like it. They're all pretty tough customers, and could be expected to take out any common thugs. We don't really have any more information, do we?"
Neville: "Well, not really. These things tend to be ambiguous. The police rarely focus on the gangs so much, having so much super-crime to deal with, and the superhero with the most involvement with them is OSPREY. And... I really don't like asking that woman things."
Maynard: "Yeah, she's a spiky one, all right. No clues on who these mysterious 'ninjas' are?"
Neville: "Not REALLY. Eyewitnesses just said 'ninjas', which could be... well, the ones in Mega-City from 18th street, or any number of ninja clans from Japan. There's like fifteen of them. Night Dragon fights ninjas all the time, too. Heck, they could be SUPER-HERO ninjas for all I know. There's fifteen of those! Some of which are actual ninjas from REAL ninja clans."
Maynard: "This isn't gonna go sideways on us, is it? This really needs to look good to get the team off on a good foot with the general public."
Neville: "I HOPE not, but you can never really take anything for granted in this town."

"Alright!" Maynard shouts, clapping his hands together. "We've got a plan- such as it is- and a way into the territory! I'm not much of a battlefield commander, obviously, so I'll defer to you guys. Just play it safe, don't run off on your own, and be ready for ANYTHING- Mega-City is home to Mega-Woman, SuperStar, and a dozen other super-heroes, and their entire Rogues Galleries are at play here! Street Gang stuff is often seen as low-tier, but you never know what can happen. But now it's dark and if anything's gonna happen, it's gonna be at night! Good night and good luck!"

(GM Note: And that's your cue to actually set down to the Hillbillies territory- a grim, obviously past-its-prime location. No exceptionally-tall buildings, just a bunch of once-expensive condos that probably lost property value when the economy left the area. The old Petting Zoo/Farm is dead-center to the territory, with several city blocks on all sides. Where do you end up?)