Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa raises her hand as questions are being asked, then realizes the foolishness of raising her hand and gives a sheepish, apologetic smile to no one in particular.

"How large is the Hillbilly gang and who is their leader? Do we have whatchamicallits... dossiers on them. I guess same questions regarding the Ninjas."
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Psistrike wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:59 am Silver Witch

"Not the Baseball Furries, those psychos are all nuts! I've had to rescue more than one couple who stumbled into their territory without knowing. Take all the worst tales of biker gangs and you get this group, only in furry costumes. Bad enough one of the football players from my school got assaulted last September by them if they even suspected a gang war might break out they would jump in for the heck of it from what I've heard. Everyone I've talked to says it sounds like they just love to fight and attack people. Whatever we do don't let even the slightest mention of a possible gang war slip or it might reach them."
MUSTANG

As he slide back down into his seat,Todd said to the other's
"I'm with Witch on this.The Furries are the main reason the MCPD's Riot Squad have that new Power Armor suit HuMayne made this year,i think they called it the S.L.A.M.M.R.?(looks at Maynard questioningly)...Anyway,the leader of these Lord Of The Flies rejects refers to himself as,i kid you not,Buster Baxter**.Now i honestly haven't ran into these savages a lot,as it's not normally part of my Patrol run,so Silver know 'em better than i do,but if they even get a SCENT that a gang war is in the offing,they'll PURPOSELY egg it on just for the excuse to fight..."

**I took the liberty of giving a name to the Baseball Furries' leader due to them not having one.If Jab dissapproves,he can name the dude whatever he want's,as it's his game....
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry looks confused then slowly raises his hand, "Furries? Not furies?"

His look of confusion continues, "What in heaven's name is a furry?"
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO
Arkrite wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 am His look of confusion continues, "What in heaven's name is a furry?"
“Yeah nah, I'm pretty sure it's "Furies," ay.” Maia said quickly, “As for furry, well most of them are just people that really like animal cartoons. Like Donald Duck and stuff. But there are some... It's better you don't know.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

"Elle a dit qu'elle était rapide et forte. Je ne me souviens pas d'elle disant qu'elle deviendrait verte." Adrien said to himself, still marvelling at the transformed Doctor Mercury.

"C'est... That is quite the change, Docteur."

[She said she was fast and strong. I do not remember her saying that she would turn green.]

[That is/Doctor] Also, when he says "change" it comes out 'shahnj' not 'change'.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

“Oh, I REALLY wish I said ‘Furies’, Neville says. These guys are...” he trails off, shows this image:

Then shudders and says nothing else.

He changes the subject, reading from his own bio, which he would admit is pretty lazy:
“-Many gangs are mere nuisances, while others are quite dangerous and numerous. Most gangs are typically under ten members strong, especially if they just run one building or street- even the largest are under fifty (only the most-serious criminal gangs and cartels go over this number). Most members are male, though they may have a few token girl hangers-on, and some gangs are made entirely of women. These thus are typically low-level threats. Higher-end guys are incredibly-rare, and able to fight low-level superhumans. Typically they are armed with knives or clubs- only rarely are they packing firearms.”

He continues. “There are around 100 gangs, so you’ll find 100 types. Some guys stay on-theme to a pretty intense degree. The World Warriors will only allows Vegas and Rolentos to utilize weapons, for example, and they have to match the games.” He does not add what that means unless asked (ie they’re dressed as fighting game characters), assuming everyone knows what that means. Many gangs have an honorary system of sorts, not trying to murder each other. Some use only bats. Victims of the Ninjas typically enter hospitals with only ninja star injuries. The Rikishi exclusively fight unarmed.

As most of these guys are seriously poor, you’re going to mainly get makeshift weapons, clubs or knives. Firearms are pretty rare, as they draws a lot of unnecessary heat from the police, who usually focus more on Super-Crime or actual organized crime.

As for the Hillbillies, determining numbers is hard. Some are jailed, some are new, and most don’t give a lot of info to outside sources. I’d GUESS they number less than ten. No idea who the leader is.

Some of these guys have been recruited by super villains in the past, but not this gang in particular. Actual ‘Super Hardware’ can be a major game changer, too. Usually these gangs are minor nuisances to superheroes, but... gang wars can be a much nastier proposition.”
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Flyby
Arkrite wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

Harry looks confused then slowly raises his hand, "Furries? Not furies?"

His look of confusion continues, "What in heaven's name is a furry?"
Sawyer starts to say something then stops, "Nope, not going there. Just trust me when I say that if you Google it, safesearch is your friend."

"Ok, so all we've got to deal with are bunch of Jed Clampett wannabes. Should be a piece of cake."
Formerly luketheduke86
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Neville, where did you get that picture of that particular group? Those four are some of the most violent of the Baseball Furries, they were involved in the attack on the football player I mentioned. He had to get 6 pins in his right leg after what they did to him and can never play again due to the risk. I would...love to pay them a visit sometime. But for now, it sounds like the HIllbillies shouldn't give us any trouble, even if we go in costume. Though I hate to think of how we can get them to tell us what they know. Hopefully there are clues left from the attack, does anyone on the team have skills like CSI investigative and evidence gathering?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Weren't the Hillbillies forced out of their territory? Where would we even find them to talk to them?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm He continues, "What we think is a GREAT first mission for you guys, is an investigation into the Hillbillies territory, and possibly also the Ninja territory, figuring out what's going on between the groups. Things could get very bad, but the gangs are typically just Non-Powered Humans and not typically a dangerous to regular citizens. It's FLASHY... but I think we can avoid the usual 'teammate who dies on the first mission' thing" He jokes, implying an uncomfortable conclusion, but a common cliché in the business.
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am "Weren't the Hillbillies forced out of their territory? Where would we even find them to talk to them?"
Rosa ponders their impromptu learning session about gang politics as K'Lara asks her question.

"While I'm sure the streets would be all abuzz about where they went to ground, I'm wondering if we should be talking to anybody. I mean, what if we just went into the Hillbillies' former territory; whoever's there now can't have set up strongly in it already and if it IS the ninjas or one of the other established gangs then they've spread themselves thin. What if we go in and drive whoever's there out (hopefully a show of force where people aren't really in danger) then the cop can move back in and the people around that area get to experience at least a period of time where they don't live under the rule of a gang. That'd be good, right?" she asks naively.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:27 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:11 pm He continues, "What we think is a GREAT first mission for you guys, is an investigation into the Hillbillies territory, and possibly also the Ninja territory, figuring out what's going on between the groups. Things could get very bad, but the gangs are typically just Non-Powered Humans and not typically a dangerous to regular citizens. It's FLASHY... but I think we can avoid the usual 'teammate who dies on the first mission' thing" He jokes, implying an uncomfortable conclusion, but a common cliché in the business.
EpicEclipse wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:51 am "Weren't the Hillbillies forced out of their territory? Where would we even find them to talk to them?"
Rosa ponders their impromptu learning session about gang politics as K'Lara asks her question.

"While I'm sure the streets would be all abuzz about where they went to ground, I'm wondering if we should be talking to anybody. I mean, what if we just went into the Hillbillies' former territory; whoever's there now can't have set up strongly in it already and if it IS the ninjas or one of the other established gangs then they've spread themselves thin. What if we go in and drive whoever's there out (hopefully a show of force where people aren't really in danger) then the cop can move back in and the people around that area get to experience at least a period of time where they don't live under the rule of a gang. That'd be good, right?" she asks naively.
MUSTANG
"Your thinking of using a Shock an Awe tactic to prevent a possible Gang War..."Todd runs a hand over his chin as he thinks about it.After a moment he says
"It COULD work,depending on what Cops in the area we trust to establish the Crack-down.Both the Hillbillies and whoever the 'New Gang' is(i ain't gonna call them The Ninjas untill i see their uniforms first,sorry) more than likely have a couple of Crooked Cops on the payroll.It's a Beautifully simple solution,if it can be pulled off right.It's nice to find out your just as Smart as you are Pretty,Rosa ..."
Turning towards Silver Witch(he'll obliviously ignore any Blushing on Rosa's part),Mustang says to his 'Super Neighbor'
"Silver,you and Neville know the Furries better than i do;How do you think they'd react to us going all in?...."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Ken wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 am le Petit Hercule

"Elle a dit qu'elle était rapide et forte. Je ne me souviens pas d'elle disant qu'elle deviendrait verte." Adrien said to himself, still marvelling at the transformed Doctor Mercury.

"C'est... That is quite the change, Docteur."
Doctor Mercury smiles. "Why thank you for noticing. I was inspired by chameleons. This seems like a social mission, and I do not socialize, ask anyone who knows me."

The green-skinned woman fades out of sight. "So I'll stay out of sight and step in when I can make myself useful," she continues. "Once we're done speculating and ready to actually investigate, that is."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule
RainOnTheSun wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:23 amThe green-skinned woman fades out of sight. "So I'll stay out of sight and step in when I can make myself useful," she continues. "Once we're done speculating and ready to actually investigate, that is."
"Ça, c'est moi; je suis prêt.," Adrien says. "It is the case, knowledge of the closeure of the célèbre Mega-City Petting Zoo has not reached certains touristes français. As soon as I get un radio, I think I will go see about getting, how do you say, 'mugged'. Would anyone care to follow me, with sneak, s'il vous plaît?"

That's me; I'm ready/famous/some French tourists/a/please
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Psistrike wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:47 am Silver Witch

"Neville, where did you get that picture of that particular group? Those four are some of the most violent of the Baseball Furries, they were involved in the attack on the football player I mentioned. He had to get 6 pins in his right leg after what they did to him and can never play again due to the risk. I would...love to pay them a visit sometime. But for now, it sounds like the HIllbillies shouldn't give us any trouble, even if we go in costume. Though I hate to think of how we can get them to tell us what they know. Hopefully there are clues left from the attack, does anyone on the team have skills like CSI investigative and evidence gathering?"
“It’s a pretty spectacular photo- one taken by the famous photojournalist Betsy Rossdale; rumoured to be the girlfriend of the hero Maximum for a time, she was able to get a lot of near-impossible photos of a lot of rarely-spotted villains. This was a “Gangs of Mega-City” set- her notoriety made even the insular, dangerous gangs want a shot at immortality. The woman who got footage of Star-Master was given some pretty rare access by guys who wanted some credibility. Villains even sought her out for a while. Most of my better file photos are from her work.”
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neville looks to Maynard. “So are they splitting up, or going entirely to the Hillbillies territory?”
“Looks like they’re sticking together and doing the latter. What do you think?”
“Either works, I think. After all, splitting up the team usually only has a 30% chance of one half being mind-controlled or tricked into fighting the other.”
Maynard looks at how the heroes have been getting along so far, “... maybe it’s best the team not split up for the now.”