DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: DRAGON AGE:TANGLED WEB OOC THREAD(Recruitment Closed)

Post by Camus »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 am
Camus wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 am
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:12 pm Now i'm going off the assumption that Camus is defending like Shadowmask did last turn.If i'm wrong Camus,let me know and i'll do some editing....:D
Why so hasty with actions? Just give me some time to reply man!
Camus, you got doubles, with a 6 on your Dragon Die. Stunt away.
Cool! Ok I'll go with lethal strike for extra 7 damage of the target is not already down http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=213139
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Alright,i need to have actions for Flynn,Shadowmask, and Maslyn befor i post reply....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Camus wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:16 am
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 am
Camus wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 am

Why so hasty with actions? Just give me some time to reply man!
Camus, you got doubles, with a 6 on your Dragon Die. Stunt away.
Cool! Ok I'll go with lethal strike for extra 7 damage of the target is not already down http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=213139
You have one more that you could use to assess the situation (Perception TN11), or shift yourself or the bad guy 2 yards over somewhere, or come up with a witty one liner that impresses the onlookers (Bon mot under roleplaying stunts).

Otherwise it seems like all the cultists are on the ground (the main one thanks to Ash's stunt to Knock Prone, the others by Serina's spell).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

These guys are _not_ having a grand old time are they?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:00 pm These guys are _not_ having a grand old time are they?
Well,Serina's Early hit knocked 'em all prone and Flynn's been keeping them for...2 turns now.It's a VERY effective plan,especially since they didn't expect it in the first place....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I suppose the shoot first, ask questions later approach isn't ALWAYS bad...

Question, can I pick up the child and move, while still having enough actions left to make an attack or cast?
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:00 pm These guys are _not_ having a grand old time are they?
Well,Serina's Early hit knocked 'em all prone and Flynn's been keeping them for...2 turns now.It's a VERY effective plan,especially since they didn't expect it in the first place....
Expensive, but effective.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm I suppose the shoot first, ask questions later approach isn't ALWAYS bad...

Question, can I pick up the child and move, while still having enough actions left to make an attack or cast?
erm... sounds like two minor actions - one to 'Ready' the child then one to move. But eager to hear Macyn's ruling. If I ever run this system I'll need to address questions like that.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I cant have the rules open on my phone all the time, so I thought I'd ask to verify what was the case. It might be better for him to stand back and wait for her threat to resonate with our enemy anyway.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:22 pm I suppose the shoot first, ask questions later approach isn't ALWAYS bad...

On your turn,your allowed to do a Major and a Minor Action OR 2 Minor Actions.

What your wanting to do is 2 Minor Actions:Ready(picking up the kid) and then Move(getting him out of the combat area).It will,however,take up all your actions for that turn...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Gotcha, thanks for clarification!
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:32 pm I cant have the rules open on my phone all the time, so I thought I'd ask to verify what was the case. It might be better for him to stand back and wait for her threat to resonate with our enemy anyway.
That's why i buy all my Game Books that i play a lot of in Hardcopy.I spent $65.00(rough estimate with tax included) on a Hardcover version of the Core Rulebook for this system and have it beside me right now....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We do have the basic set, but my father couldn't personally justify gettinf the full complete book in hardback. We have too many game books and boxes that we don't use already- though now that I am playing the game, I personally would feel more justified to it.
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:55 pm We do have the basic set, but my father couldn't personally justify gettinf the full complete book in hardback. We have too many game books and boxes that we don't use already- though now that I am playing the game, I personally would feel more justified to it.
I'd recommend hunting around Amazon for it on the cheap,you'd be suprised at how affordable new one's are there.I only orded from GR because i thought i HAd to....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If I ever have some spare cash, I'll definitely definitely put some serious thought into it. I need my own collection of gaming books after all, seems to be family tradition by this point. :D
------------
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:03 pm If I ever have some spare cash, I'll definitely definitely put some serious thought into it. I need my own collection of gaming books after all, seems to be family tradition by this point. :D
I would also recommend the Fantasy AGE game set.It takes the DA system and changes it enough to make it a classic Fantasy base setting.It's also got a Sci-Fi Setting(Whil Weaton's beautiful Ashe's of Valkanna) and a Modern setting coming-out in September or October(called Modern AGE with a Campaign universe book called World of Lazarus).

The AGE system itself,while a slightly better improvement on the DA system(it split a couple of Stats for Easier Mechanics.Magic was absorbed into Willpower; Cunning was turned into Intelligence; Dexterity was split into thirds by adding Accuracy and Fighting....You also have Divine Magic as an option for how to explain Different types of the Mage class; They even added Racial Backgrounds,as well as expanded Talents and an easier Level Progression).I'll see if i Can't dig out a free Pdf to give to you guy's.It's really neat how they changed it....