Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ken

Re: Jabverse- The Victory League (IC)

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:31 am
Arkrite wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 am The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)
HP: 1 Condition: Normal

"Maybe it would be a good idea for somebody who's more knowledgeable to have the other link, I've been out of the game for a little while, so I'm not really sure who the big players are," He looks around, "It sounds like Flyby, Mustang and Silver Witch probably have more knowledge and experience with the locals. They'd be the ones most likely to quickly identify the opposition and be able to ask Mr. Neville about it."
MUSTANG

Nodding in agreement with Shield,Todd looked towards Sawyer and Witch as he replied with a grin
"Well,you heard the Boss! So Rock,Papper,Scissors to see who get's it or are you two chickening out?...."
le Petit Hercule

Adrien was standing, dressed in Adrien Valette's clothes. He was applying his super human strength to his folded up cloak, hood and gloves, pressing them into a wad the size of a smartphone.

He turned towards the Shield, "Bouclier, quand j'ai suggéré Mustang, il décline. Vous le suggérez, et il est plus que prêt à partir. Ça doit être agréable d'être écouté." He gave a lopsided grin. "C'est pourquoi vous devriez mener."

To the best of Adrien's knowledge, the Shield was the only person in the room besides himself who understood French, so he (mistakenly) believed the comment was private.

[Shield, when I suggested Mustang, he declines. You suggest him, and he is more than ready to go. It must be nice to be listened to.]

[That's why you should lead.]
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As fast as it appeared, the bark shell was gone, leaving Rosa again her pretty features restored. "I can do it. Coordinate with Neville, I mean. You guys will be too valuable kicking butt or wooshing around, right? I was planning to stay in the back anyway. From there I can get the info and relay it to you guys. I always pictured myself kind of a 'field-Neville' for magic stuff already." Rosa said, hardly believing she was volunteering.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

<<::French:: It is, though I hardly expected it. I'm enjoying it while it lasts,>> He grins to the Frenchman.

From the way le Petit Hercule's costume looked he'd expected Adrien to be a little harder on the eyes, but the small man was far more likely to break hearts than shatter mirrors. He hoped others made that same mistaken assumption.

<<To be fair he assumed I had to have the first, and the second should go to our resident genius. I'd say that once I gave up my 'claim' he went with your idea pretty quick, so he must have thought it was a good idea,>> He nods, <<Heaven knows I did.>>
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

Adrien shrugged. Then he got a look on his face as if he'd had an idea. "Merde. J'aurais dû le demander plus tôt." he said quietly, chastizing himself.

He turned toward the map. "Messieurs Neville ou Maynard, which gangs have the territoires adjacents to les Hillbillies?"

[Shit. I should have asked this earlier.]
[Misters Neville or Maynard/territories adjacent/the]

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

K'lara watched back and forth at the various interactions, not really caring who carried the special commlinks to Neville. She wanted to go, though Mynard had said they should wait until later on, so it seemed they would be talking here a while, maybe being let out to go prepare themselves, before meeting back up to leave. Seemed reasonable to her.

She watches Hercule and Henry speaking back and forth, noting they shifted to using the language Hercule wove into his English. She knew English was called that as part of her basic primer to Earth, she didn't know what language Hercule was using, only what he was saying thanks to her translator.

She cocks a brow slightly at the two and speaks in French with the help of the same alien translator. <<F: Where I am from, there are many different people from many different planets that all speak different languages. We, that is to say, the pioneers of intergalactic contact between planet, developed a common language, no small feat mind you, to speak to others species so we could communicate in intergalactic dealings. It has gotten to be where speaking a language, knowing it is not spoken by those you are otherwise involved with is considered extremely rude. Especially when making comment in reference to one who is present, but unable to understand they are being commented on. Is that not how it is on Earth?">>
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rosa frowned as people started speaking French and excluding others from their conversation. In college they'd had seminars on how this was a form of racial bullying. She guessed these people hadn't had the same seminars. She kind of just stood there looking uncomfortable. Maybe they were talking about how she wasn't a good candidate after all.

"It's alright," she says. "It wasn't such a good idea anyway. Withdrawn."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Shield (Harry Mackenzie)

Harry fights the urge to sigh as Galactica charges in like a bull in a china shop.

"Some people would consider it rude, yes. If the conversation was related to something important, or if we were using it to cut other people out I would consider it rude myself. Our conversation, in this case, wasn't related to the business at hand, was a personal aside between the two of us and was fairly brief. If you feel that is rude, I'm sorry," Harry says, "But not everybody on this planet has the same strength speaking every language. We don't have handy translation devices, so for ease of conversation a person might switch back to the language their most comfortable with."

He glances over at Rosa with a raised eyebrow, "Everything okay? You changed your mind pretty quick on that."
Last edited by Arkrite on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:49 am Rosa frowned as people started speaking French and excluding others from their conversation. In college they'd had seminars on how this was a form of racial bullying. She guessed these people hadn't had the same seminars. She kind of just stood there looking uncomfortable. Maybe they were talking about how she wasn't a good candidate after all.

"It's alright," she says. "It wasn't such a good idea anyway. Withdrawn."
MUSTANG
looking over to Rosa,Todd said to her(it was weird to todd how much like his family/not-family some of these people acted)
"Actually,i think it's a Good idea for you to have one.Myself,Silver and Walnut-head over here(jabs thumb towards Sawyer playfully) don't honestly need to have them,as we know like 99.9% of Mega City by sight if not by Rep alone.Neville knows more about the specifics than we do,that's why i wanted Shield to have one too,never sell yourself short...."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:08 am le Petit Hercule

Adrien shrugged. Then he got a look on his face as if he'd had an idea. "Merde. J'aurais dû le demander plus tôt." he said quietly, chastizing himself.

He turned toward the map. "Messieurs Neville ou Maynard, which gangs have the territoires adjacents to les Hillbillies?"

[Shit. I should have asked this earlier.]
[Misters Neville or Maynard/territories adjacent/the]
Maynard is happy to have another hero talking to him again. He wants to show enthusiasm, but tries to hide just how giddy he is over this.

“Great question! Mr. Neville, do you have an answer?”
“Oh, yes!” Neville replies enthusiastically, as much as his typically unemotional manner allows. “Turns out, based off of visible damage done to Ankylus of the Dino Crew, Titanica has to attain a SEVENTY-FIVE foot height before her damage output matches that of Mega-Woman. My stat line now makes sense!”.
“...”
“... did you mean the other thing?”
“... Yes.”
“Oh! Well, the Hillbillies are generally known to be tough, and very protective of their range, which is good, because their territory is rather small. It’s well-defended by good sight-lines and defendable positions, like the large, multi-level barn which functioned as a large Petting Zoo and activity centre, until the arena next door lost the rights to the sports teams.”

He continues. “The old arena , of course, still gets used by minor leagues, but the downturn in business hurt the area. Which led to an increase in gang activity...”

“Primary adjacent gangs include the Frogmen- guys in SCUBA gear who lurk about the nearby docks. Smugglers, drug-runners, harpoon guns. Not a huge gang. To the west are the Universal Gang- movie monster getups, centred around the old Haunted House. To the South are the higher-class Socs, who are usually more prone to fighting with the Greasers to their own east- the river separates them from the others. To the EAST, though...” he shudders. “The old arena is part of the territory of the Baseball Furries. Possibly the most violent, territorial gang in the city. You know how most gangs typically don’t target civilians, and stick to their own business? NOBODY goes to the arena district after dark.”

“Any questions?”
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

“Aww, bro... These city has an honest to Cousteau SCUBA diving themed gang? Why can’t we pick a fight with those wankers? That’d be my first choice.” Maia said with a laugh, hoping to break some of the tension. New groups of shipmates, in her experience in the merchant marine, often tended to rub each other the wrong way at first. It took a while before everyone learned everyone else’s quirks and foibles.

“Sounds like we should keep well clear of the Beeseball Furies territory. At least for now, def gonna put them on the list as something to deal with eventually, ay? Umm, do we know what sort of hardware the Hillbillies have access too? I know the stereotype that every one of you yanks is a cowboy with an assault rifle isn’t entirely true... But, well, we lookin’ at conventional firearms, mil-spec stuff, or do they have mad science death-rays and other crazy gizmos?”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

GALACTICA
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

The alien warrior arches a brow and consider Harry as she chews over what he'd said. They had clearly mentioned Mustang, and while Hercule had sounded sarcastic, he hadn't been talking about anyone in particular, or even necessarily complaining about the group itself. Maybe old experiences being disregarded. Maybe if he was less dismissive as he was to her earlier.

She shrugs and was about to reply to Harry, but Maynard spoke up, so she turned to give him her attention, listening about the nearby areas and gangs. "You humans have an odd habit of naming things oddly." she comments offhandedly, but ponders why anyone would want to be protective of a defunct petting zoo.

The way she thought it, if any of the neighboring gangs wanted that area, they would take it for themselves and not dress up as a gang from across the city....so seemed unlikely for them to be involved, though that one of the most dangerous gangs was located next to the Hillbillies was worth noting, if for nothing more than the proximity they would be.
“Any questions?”
"None that can be answered here I suppose."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Silver Witch

"Not the Baseball Furries, those psychos are all nuts! I've had to rescue more than one couple who stumbled into their territory without knowing. Take all the worst tales of biker gangs and you get this group, only in furry costumes. Bad enough one of the football players from my school got assaulted last September by them if they even suspected a gang war might break out they would jump in for the heck of it from what I've heard. Everyone I've talked to says it sounds like they just love to fight and attack people. Whatever we do don't let even the slightest mention of a possible gang war slip or it might reach them."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

MAKO

“Furry costumes? Like... fuzzy, hairy, fluffy. That kinda fur?” Maia asked, clearly confused, “I thought he said ‘Furies,’ like ’Grr-Arrgh! I’m angry and I love beesball!’ You know. Fury. But I have trouble understanding your accents sometimes.”
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 am
"Plants don't use eyes." Semilla says with a bark-muted smile.
Doctor Mercury looks at Semilla carefully for a moment longer. Then she nods, mostly to herself.

She lets the rest of the conversation go by without chiming in, until Maynard asks if there are any questions.

"Small territory, sight lines, defendable positions, stay away from the arena district. Go to the crime scene and look around." She shrugs and holds out her hand for a radio. "Perfectly straightforward. And sight lines will not be a problem."
Ken

Post by Ken »

le Petit Hercule

(<At what time does the sun go down? And who is playing at the Arena?>)0o. was Adrien first thought.

(HA! <She said> 'wanker')0o. Adrien thought. His British-English was better than his American-English.

(<That is a good question about the weaponry.>)0o. He knew his resilience to harm could withstand anything he assumed the Hillbillies were armed with, but in a city with gangs this peculiar, better to not make assumtions.

"SCUBAs, Monstres du Universal, ou Furets de Baseball? Quel serait le plus susceptible d’essayer d’emménager dans le territoire des Hillbillies?" he muttered quietly to himself while Silver Witch and Mako discussed Furies vs Furries.

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 am"Small territory, sight lines, defendable positions, stay away from the arena district. Go to the crime scene and look around." [Dr. Mercury] shrugs and holds out her hand for a radio. "Perfectly straightforward. And sight lines will not be a problem."
While he was getting dressed, discussing leadership with the Shield, and other things, he hadn't actually noticed that Dr. Mercury had returned to the room. His eyes went wide as he saw her changed appearance, "Bon Dieu!"

[SCUBAs, Universal Monsters, or Baseball Furries? What would be most likely to try to move into the Hillbillies territory?]

[Good God!]

[OOC: Stuff in pointed brackets in thought balloons are in French.]
Last edited by Ken on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.