Jab's Rifts Builds (Rifts- A Final Summation!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Rifts Builds (Mystic Ninja, Tengu, Cyber Samurai)

Post by Jabroniville »

I like to assume that any good Rifts player slaps that stuff on anyway. In-universe, there's no reason. Probably just Kevin S demanding an arbitrary flaw.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It’s been a while since I read the Chaos Earth books, but as I recall the Glitter Boy was intended to be an infantry support platform, basically replacing an infantry company’s entire anti-tank section with one suit. Attach one or two of them to every platoon and seriously multiplying their firepower. The accompanying infantrymen were expected to handle enemy infantry.

(I’d still probably have given it a submachine gun or a light laser pistol as a backup...)
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Tech-Ninja

Post by Jabroniville »

TECH-NINJA O.C.C.
Role:
Elite Ninja
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 9 (+11)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+10)
Stealth 8 (+13)
Treatment 2 (+4)
Technology 8 (+10)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 5 (Ninja Stuff), Improved Critical (Blades), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Cybernetic Implants"
"Security Clearance Chip" Features 1: Mimics Security Clearance [1]
"Sensory Powers" Senses 2 (Infravision, Extended Vision) [2]
"Rebreather Lung" Immunity 2 (Drowning, Suffocation) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [1]

Equipment:
"Light MDC Body Armor" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)
"Concealed Vibro-Blades" Strength-Damage +4 (Extras: Penetrating 5) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+8 Armor, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (The Clan)

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 9 (134)

-The "high-tech" counterpart to the Mystic Ninja, the Tech-Ninja is the most common kind in the Republic's cities, and said to be a huge part of corporate culture, with every major corp including a "stable" of Tech-Ninjas with which to spy on each other. H-Brand, most ruthless of the corporations, has also formed Ninja Juicers, Crazies & 'Borgs! The Tech-Ninjas are rather less glamorous and "crunchy" than those OCCs, however, as they're expected to live out "ordinary" lives (as cops, executives, etc.), and primarily be used to bypass security systems and steal trade secrets, rather that do all the killing and fighting.

-Despite seeming unglamorous, the character in the pic looks really cool- a solid version of what a "Future Ninja" might look like. He's got the black outfit of a ninja, but Vince Martin's trademark armor traits (lookit those nice, round shoulder and knee-pads! And that spike out of his wrist!) futurize him. Also, that is a BITCHING anime-esque motorcycle.

-Tech-Ninjas are said to be "pretenders" by Mystic Ninjas (and do not feature the class-specific "Hand To Hand: Ninjitsu" fighting style), but their Prowl is at the same level. They oddly have no "Streetwise", however.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ninja Techno-Wizard

Post by Jabroniville »

This is such a weird picture. Doesn't look scary; he just looks like some kid in facepaint.

NINJA TECHNO-WIZARD O.C.C.
Role:
Elite Ninja
PL 9 (157)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+12)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 8 (+10)
Expertise (Magic) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+10)
Stealth 8 (+13)
Technology 8 (+10)
Treatment 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 4 (Ninja Stuff), Inventor, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist

Powers:
"Techno-Wizards" Features 1: May Combined Inventor & Ritualist Advantages [1]

"Impervious To Energy" Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (20) -- [33]
  • AE: "Telemechanics" Technology Skill 6 (Requires Item), Comprehend 2 (Machines) (6)
  • AE: "Total Recall" Eidetic Memory (1)
  • AE: "Mind Block" Immunity 20 (Mental Powers) (Flaws: Fades) (10)
  • AE: "Speed Reading" Quickness 6 (Limited to Reading) (3)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 1, FIGHTING +2, Dodge +2 (8)
  • AE: "Fuel Flame" Features 2: Doubles Existing Fire (2)
  • AE: "Ignite Flame" Features 2: Ignites Anything (2)
  • AE: "Blinding Flash" Dazzle Visuals 6 (15ft. Burst) (15)
  • AE: "Globe of Daylight" Environment (Light) 2 (4)
  • AE: "Fire Bolt" Blast 6 (12)
  • AE: "Call Lightning" Damage 6 (Ranged 2, Line) (14)
  • AE: "Energy Bolt" Blast 5 (typically only to +6) (10)
  • AE: "Energy Field" Force Field 4 (Affects Others) (10)
Equipment:
"Light MDC Body Armor" Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 5) (9)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Gun +7 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Fire & Energy Bolts +7 (+5-6 Ranged Damage, DC 20-21)
Blinding Flash +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+8 Armor, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 70--35 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 34 / Defenses: 9 (157)

-Ninjas get Techno-Wizards, too, but are basically the exact same as regular Techno-Wizards. A bit is mentioned about how Ninjas are the ONLY people in Japan willing to mix magic and technology, as the "two Japans" are diametrically opposed to each other in this regard. And TW Ninjas are known to chafe under their masters, who rarely credit them for their rare, difficult jobs (only 1% of all Tech-Ninjas are Techno-Wizards)- the possibility of an uprising of these sorts is mentioned- a potential story-hook. The art is peculiar, being overly-traced from a photograph, giving it an unsettling look, compounded by the "skull facepaint" of a character that looks more like he's supposed to be a "mystical" character but they swapped the art for something else.
slade the sniper

Re: Glitter Force Trooper

Post by slade the sniper »

Because of this...
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:15 pm why not just design a bunch of Giant Mechs. Palladium clearly knows what those are- THEY MADE THE ROBOTECH GAME!
Any chance you might make some...ROBOTECH stuff? You could even leave it right here in this thread since RiftsTECH is a thing.

-STS
Jabroniville

Re: Glitter Force Trooper

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:24 am Because of this...
Jabroniville wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:15 pm why not just design a bunch of Giant Mechs. Palladium clearly knows what those are- THEY MADE THE ROBOTECH GAME!
Any chance you might make some...ROBOTECH stuff? You could even leave it right here in this thread since RiftsTECH is a thing.

-STS
Alas, I’ve never watched the show beyond a tiny handful of episodes as an adult, and never saw the RPG.
slade the sniper

I have Mecha & Manga, Mutants & Masterminds, and all the Robotech novels, DVDs and all the RPGs (both 1st and 2nd edition) so I could do the work myself, but...

-STS

Query: In order to replicate "Mega-Damage" would it be approximately Impervious Toughness 10 to 12 depending on the construction and tech level? That seems to be the case with both Batgirl III's and your builds.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:28 am I have Mecha & Manga, Mutants & Masterminds, and all the Robotech novels, DVDs and all the RPGs (both 1st and 2nd edition) so I could do the work myself, but...

-STS

Query: In order to replicate "Mega-Damage" would it be approximately Impervious Toughness 10 to 12 depending on the construction and tech level? That seems to be the case with both Batgirl III's and your builds.
I used this for an approximation:

CONVERSION NOTES:
* Here's my approximations of some stuff. Rifts is a high-power setting with some insane levels, meaning that even the Mooks are like PL 6 & 7. PCs will likely be PL 10 AT MINIMUM. Sometimes I'll drop things a bit just to keep things in line PL-wise, but I mostly stick to this.

Super Strength:
* The Conversion book has this one hidden away. Naturally, some things contradict it.
PS 15: 1D4 MD (+6)
PS 16-20: 1D6 MD (+7)
PS 21-25: 2D6 MD (+9)
PS 26-30: 3D6 MD (+10)
PS 31-35: 4D6 MD (+11)
PS 36-40: 5D6 MD (+12)
PS 41-50: 6D6 MD (+13)
PS 51-60: 1D6x10 MD (+14)

Damage:
(1d4): Blast 6
(1d6): Blast 7
(2d4): Blast 8
(2d6): Blast 9
(3d6): Blast 10
(4d6): Blast 11
(5d6): Blast 12
(6d6 + 1d4 x 10): Blast 13
(1d6 x 10): Blast 14
(3d6 x 10): Blast 15
(6d6 x 10): Blast 16

Toughness:
* Note: I'm mostly ignoring the SDC/MDC divide, because it's annoying and dumb. Still, high-tier toughness is common, and is often Impervious, with high damage often being Penetrating.

5-30 MDC (+7)
30-70 MDC (+8)
70-110 MDC (+9)
110-190 MDC (+10)
190-260 MDC (+11)
260-340 MDC (+12)
340-430 MDC (+13)
430-530 MDC (+14)
530-660 MDC (+15)
660-800 MDC (+16)
800-1,100 MDC (+17)
1,100-3,000 MDC (+18)
3,000-6,000 MDC (+19)
6,000-12,000 MDC (+20)

I don't really give TOO much thought to the levels of Imperviousness. I just kind of approximate it to half.
slade the sniper

And what are your feelings on BattleTech...or Renegade Legion? All those mecha, all the grav tanks....swoon.

I really like all the awesome tech/sci-fi/cyberpunk settings, but not too certain that M&M is the right system to bring out all the minutiae of those settings. Unless I am mistaken, most light/medium/heavy/assault mechs are pretty much the same within the system. Even in BT, the majority of weapons are pretty generic in the crunch whereas the fluff gives all sorts of nifty in universe names to things.

Anyway, I'll cease threadjacking. Continue on with your normal Rifts builds :)

-STS
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

slade the sniper wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:11 am And what are your feelings on BattleTech...or Renegade Legion? All those mecha, all the grav tanks....swoon.

I really like all the awesome tech/sci-fi/cyberpunk settings, but not too certain that M&M is the right system to bring out all the minutiae of those settings. Unless I am mistaken, most light/medium/heavy/assault mechs are pretty much the same within the system. Even in BT, the majority of weapons are pretty generic in the crunch whereas the fluff gives all sorts of nifty in universe names to things.

Anyway, I'll cease threadjacking. Continue on with your normal Rifts builds :)

-STS
Never heard of Renegade Legion. I think I might have seen a BattleTech game once, but I have no concept of what it is. A mini-based game or something?
slade the sniper

BattleTech is a mini based mecha game that spawned several versions of RPG, quite a few video games and a very detailed and fairly consistent timeline. Check out http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page for some in-universe BT fluff.
Renegade Legion was a series of interlinked board games and a RPG that covered everything from strategic level system-wide conflict (Prefect) all the way to traditional RPG (Legionnaire), and all the stuff in between like ground combat (Centurion), space combat (Interceptor) and capital ships (Leviathan). It had some interesting mechanics, especially how you could zoom in and out of all different levels of conflict. This is the wiki page for Renegade Legion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renegade_Legion.

Looking over the Gadget Guides, I suppose there is enough differentiation between equipment to justify some writeups, but I think it is strange that character builds never interested me all that much (PL 10 vs PL 12 Batman...cool), but sci-fi gear is my crack (TIE Defender vs VF-25 or TIE Punisher vs Armored Veritech, a Trajan vs 4 Baneblades...squeeee). I do think that gear gets shorted in superhero media, probably due to the fact that a bunch of normals in powered armor are going to be the equal of a lot of heroes (battle armor heroes are usually PL 10) so if you run a non-fisticuffs friendly game where bullets and range are nearly ubiquitous, it quickly turns into Shadowrun, as opposed to Superheroic.

-STS
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

BattleTech was a table top mini game by FASA that also has a semi connected RPG version. basically 25-125 ton battlemechs with weapons coming out of every orifice. fun universe as its semi realistic space travel and mecha combat,

Harderst part of conversion for me at least is deciding on the mecha growth sizes as the tonnage is more known but the actual heights are a bit vague with the Zeus one of the largest assault mechs at 110 tons is only 60-65 feet as I recall but the locust one of the smallest scout mechs at 25 tons is 25-30 give or take. its a bit funky

the weapons arent that dififcult mind you Ballisitc weapons Autocannons and MGs most likley have an Improved Crit, Lasers are basic weapons as are missles whihc are either short ranged or long range and have a rank or 2 of indirect. Pulse lasers have multifire and PPCs have higher pen damage with some affliction to show the stability damage, flamers do normal damage but also affliciton causing overheating Gauss rifles are giant rail guns so high danmage and pen and crit but inaccurate at close range.

Yes i am working on some conversions for apotential game *sigh*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
slade the sniper

IMO, just go with weight for the growth levels (as you suggested), since the heights in the material are all over the place, and there is not really all that much difference between lights and assaults.

-STS
Jabroniville

Ninja Crazy

Post by Jabroniville »

NINJA CRAZY O.C.C.
Role:
Elite Ninja
PL 10 (166)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 4/5 AGILITY 5/6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 6

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 9 (+14)
Deception 5 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+10, +12 Overall)
Stealth 6 (+12)
Treatment 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 4 (Ninja Stuff), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Mind-Over-Matter Conversion Process"
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Enhanced Stamina 1 [2]
Enhanced Agility 1 [2]
Enhanced Advantages 3: Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative [3]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Regeneration 1 [1]
Enhanced Skills 2: Sleight of Hand 2 (+2) [1]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Will 2 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [1]
Immunity 2 (Pain) [2]

"Enhanced Senses"
Senses 4 (Acute Scent, Tracking, Extended Vision 2) [4]

"Minor Psionic"
"Telepathy" Mind-Reading 6 Linked to Communication (Mental) (Flaws: Limited to Brief Messages) (15) -- [20]
  • AE: "Astral Projection" Remote Sensing 8 (Vision) (Flaws: Physical Body is Defenseless) (8)
  • AE: "Death Trance" Trance (1)
  • AE: "Nightvision" Low-Light Vision (1)
  • AE: "Alter Aura" Concealment 2 (Auras) (2)
  • AE: "Telekinesis" Move Object 6 (12)
Equipment:
"Crazy Gear"
"Light Body Armor" Protection 3 (Extras: Impervious 5) (8)
"Mercenary Gear" Assorted Stuff 5 (5)
"Vibro Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (8)

"Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Vibro Blade +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Energy Rifle +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5 (+8 Armor, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +6, Will +6 (+8 vs. Psionics)

Complications:
Responsibility (Crazy)- Crazies are named for the fact that the M.O.M. implants leave them slowly growing more insane with each passing bit of experience. After a while, they may become frenzied, phobic, overly-sensitive, or even catatonic. They are notoriously fidgety, annoying, glib and "comedic". Ninja Crazies are able to fend off these effects for a few days at a time thanks to a series of mental disciplines.

Total: Abilities: 72 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 9 (166)

-Because when I think "stealthy, silent assassins", I naturally think to combine it WITH THE CLASS THAT IS NAMED AFTER INSANITY. This is probably the dumbest combination of traits you could possibly imagine, and the silliest of Rifts Japan's 900 Ninja O.C.C.s. These Crazies are typified by being SUPERIOR to Crazies around the board, as they have special disciplines that allow them to negate some of the craziness (you know, the POINT of the Crazies). They even have twice as many Psionic Powers! I have a feeling this is another Sketchpad Character, as Vince Martin created probably the best piece of Crazy Art in all the books- the little knobs are subtle, and he's wearing a decent suit of "Crab" armor, with a hooked weapon.

-Ninja Crazies are said to be sent out in pairs with Tech-Ninjas in order to steal things- their Psionic powers give them a big benefit. They are the "third rank", behind Ninja 'Borgs & Juicers. They are also eliminated if their insanity grows too out of control.

-A Ninja Crazy is over thirty points more expensive than a regular Crazy, packing most of the Ninja stuff on there as well.
Jabroniville

Ninja Juicer

Post by Jabroniville »

NINJA JUICER O.C.C.
Role:
Elite Ninja
PL 10 (152)
STRENGTH
3/5 STAMINA 4/6 AGILITY 5/6
FIGHTING 10/12 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+12)
Athletics 9 (+15)
Deception 5 (+8)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 5 (+8)
Sleight of Hand 4 (+10)
Stealth 8 (+14)
Treatment 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Chokehold, Defensive Attack, Equipment 4 (Ninja Stuff), Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown

Powers:
"Juicer Bio-Comp System"
Enhanced Strength 2 [4]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]
Enhanced Agility 1 [2]
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 8: Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Quick Draw, Seize Initiative, Uncanny Dodge [8]

"Elite Athletes"
Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Regeneration 2 [2]

"Saving Throws"
Enhanced Fortitude 1 [1]
Enhanced Will 2 (Flaws: Limited to vs. Psionics) [1]

Equipment:
"Juicer Gear"
"Juicer Assassin's Plate" Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 5) (7)
"Mercenary Gear" Assorted Stuff 5 (5)
"Vibro Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 6) (8)

"Energy Rifle" Blast 10 (Feats: Range) (Extras: Multiattack) (31) -- (32)
  • AE: "S.D.C. Bullet" Blast 4 (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Vibro Blades +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +6 (+8 Armor, +3 Impervious), Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Early Death)- Juicers must engage in the dangerous "Detoxification" process or die- a Juicer's lifespan is between six and seven years after they join the O.C.C., with no exceptions.
Addiction (Action)- Juicers are touchy, nervous and exciteable. They crave action, danger and adventure. Some have tossed themselves off of buildings for kicks.
Responsibility (Cannot Sleep)- Juicers cannot sleep without sedatives or tranquilizers.
Power Loss (Juicer Abilities)- If a Juicer Detoxes, they will not only lose all their Powers, but drop BELOW their baseline stats on occasion! They will also look ten years older than normal. Most Juicers crave the lifestyle, and many become suicidal or addicted to other drugs instead.

Total: Abilities: 68 / Skills: 58--29 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 9 (152)

-Because OF COURSE THERE IS, there's a combination of Juicer & Ninja in Rifts Japan. Given a pretty sweet bit of art, this guy looks like a black-clad standard-issue assassin... but sports scary-looking needle-tipped claws and the trademark "Juicer Tubes" going up his arms. The idea behind Ninja Juicers is that they serve their clan until Detox, though some are said to serve out their whole 5+ years as Juicers, mostly out of fealty to the Clan.

-Like the Ninja Crazy, these are basically more expensive and skilled than the "Main Rulebook" version of the Class, though these guys are specified as being selected from the "not overly bright", but ultra-loyal, members of the Clan- those whose diminished later years won't be as big of a deal. Those who detox are then turned into Ninja 'Borgs- the TRUE top-level warriors of the Clans!

-The Ninja Juicer is the same as a basic Juicer physically, but lives slightly longer (about an extra year), and trades a bit of Strength for extra balance and stealth.