Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 0
Cnd: Fatigued

Tobey nodded slowly, his smile returning but this time tinted with sadness as well as warmth. He kept quiet and out of her way as he followed her to where Blast Master was, to listen in on the questioning.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Inquisitor and Prestige
Jean shuddered, squeaking softly under Inquisitor's mental accusations, but said nothing, simply dropping to the ground when Vee released her, though Tobey had a sense that she might've attacked had not Officer Chambers removed her blaster rifle from the nearby vicinity.

Blast Master lay on the ground, still unconscious from Vee's earlier mental assault, but there were some twitching hints that he remained alive. Evidently, Officer Chambers had taken the initiative to remove his gauntlets as well as his helmet. His chest plate remained on, the pink lines glowing dimly, as did his greaves and boots, whose glow was almost entirely faded.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
HP: 0
"You've been off your bus for at least fifteen minutes, Janet."
Crap.

"Yeah, an idiot calling himself Blast Master thought he was going to make the Regime great again or something," Janet responded. "He was using some sort of Yellow Lantern armor." Which the police won't hand over because you were a jerk years ago.

The League thought the four of them did well? Did Batman and Supergirl have any sway over the Guardians of the Universe to get her out of rookie status? Probably not, but still... it was pretty cool that they thought that. "Yeah, OK," the ring-slinger softened. "I'm going to help them find this Tetch character. If he's as annoying as Blast Master, the only limit I'm going to learn is my patience."

With that, Janet floated back over to the group, approaching Prestige. "Let's see what my Ring says about that headband. Ring, scan." As her Power Ring analyzed Tetch's invention, Janet tried to think of something to say to her new sudden new teammates, but didn't really know a good conversation starter for a magician. "...So, like, are you in Gryffindor, or..." she eventually came up with.
Setting Scanning Beam to:
Composition Scan: Senses 4 (Ranged Detect Chemical Composition, Acute, Analytical); 4 PP
If we're allowed to right now, can I take 10 on Perception for a total of 15?
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey blinked, then burst out laughing. He bowed, then straightened up with a grin.

"I'm actually apprenticed to Zatanna Zatara, and sometimes to John Constantine. The technical term is Homo Magi, but you can think of me as just another Metahuman with the superpower of 'Learning Spells'." Tobey smirked as he did jazzhands as he finished.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Green Lantern

"Wait, Yellow Lantern Armor? You mean that thing actually was produced? I thought Sinestro was being facetious when he said... never mind. Moving on. If you're going after Tetch, listen to anyone who's from Gotham. They'll know more about him than you." Janet could hear him restraining himself from saying more and giving her more lectures as he cut contact.
Bill from Accounting wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:28 am With that, Janet floated back over to the group, approaching Prestige. "Let's see what my Ring says about that headband. Ring, scan." As her Power Ring analyzed Tetch's invention, Janet tried to think of something to say to her new sudden new teammates, but didn't really know a good conversation starter for a magician. "...So, like, are you in Gryffindor, or..." she eventually came up with.
The ring's scanning beam flashed over the headband, before it listed off a number of metals and minerals, as well as a few fabrics and other things. "Final Analysis: Subject is of Terran origin with possible Kryptonian influences."
That's fine by me.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

While G.L. and Prestige bantered, Vee couched down next to Blast Master. With the guy out cold, she couldn't try and maneuver him into thinking about what he knows about the Regime, she'd probably just get dream stuff or nothingness, likely the latter after overclocking his brain into unconsciousness. She HAD told the officer she wouldn't do deeper digging, but it would be necessary in this case, and the guy was Regime, so she didn't care if she caused the guy discomfort. Alright...show me what you know...
Going to do mind reading again, unlike last time, going to continue using it until she hits sub conscious and roots around for any information on the Regime. Can't do the Deception thing on him since he's out cold. DC24 as before.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Inquisitor

Plunging into Blast Master's mind was likely one of the less pleasant experiences that Inquisitor had ever been forced to do. On the surface there are vivid, dreamlike thoughts about Blast Master destroying chains that surround Superman, freeing him to create the utopian Regime - though the images she sees of the Regime are nothing like those she has come to associate with the thought. Instead glittering spires and endless wealth overshadow any suffering that may have come of the imperial demand for such spectacles. The High Councillor sitting atop a throne of gold, with Diana of Themyscira seated next to him on a throne of silver, bestowing an honor upon him...

Vee finally breaks through the dreaming glamours to deeper thoughts, where she discovers that Blast Master is one of many fragments of the Regime based out of Gotham City proper. With a squad of seven soldiers, he had carved out a hideaway in the middle of Gotham's untamed and shattered sprawl. The group was unaffiliated with any other Regime remnant, and it was mostly through the power of his suit that they'd even carved out so small a demesne as they had done. To her surprise, he considered his soldiers his friends and responsibilities, and still felt horrible about losing one of his squad to a gang that fought against them in Gotham's ruins, several months before.

By the time she is done, she has ascertained the location of their hideout, that this group isn't affiliated in any way with the rest of the Regime Remnants, and that Blast Master is actually quite young and sensitive about his new powers - he only had received them as an inheritance from the one the suit was actually made for, back before the fall of the Regime.
What are the rest of you doing whilst she is mind reading this poor young fool?
Awaken

Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN

"Well, I'm sure you know what a Green Lantern does," Janet replied proudly to Prestige. "I could try to do a sweep of the area for the same stuff this headband was made of," Janet shared the results of her Ring's scan, seeing as it contained a lot of information she herself wasn't knowledgeable on. "but that could take time, and concentration, and..."

Oh god, how am I going to get my Battery off the bus.

If the teen hero wanted to recharge her Ring, she was going to have to either find a way to steal her own luggage as Green Lantern, or sneak in and out as Janet without a teacher wondering where she was going.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee disengages from Blast Master with a contemptuous shove. "Freaking posers...." she mutters before stands and brushing herself off as she walks back towards the others and the officer they had been speaking to.

"Good news and bad news.... this guy was a deluded fanboy of the Regime and has no actual connections, just his own idiocy trying to revive the Regime, I also found out where they had set up their headquarters. Bad news is it's not unreasonable to assume there are other deluded idiots like this out there." she relays the location information to the officer to pass on to her superiors.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

"There are more groups like this here? Sounds like the place could use some more patrols, although these people being bagged takes care of the immediate threat. This Tetch guy, on the other hand raises some interesting questions that deserve looking into. Though maybe this groups hideout might have some clue when and how she got collared by Tetch." Tobey indicated Jean with a nod of his head.
Last edited by McGuffin on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- fine

While the others had conducted their own investigations (or made conversation), Grace had wandered around the scene a bit, doing...

Something- or perhaps several somethings. Nothing that intruded upon the police taking charge, at least not TOO far. Peeking into the trucks, a few discrete pictures of the Regime troops and their gear (especially Blast Master's armor. If some of the other young heroes were in those shots, it was of course accidental, right? Obviously her mentors knew who these people were- but they would expect her to have her own files, on both allies AND foes.

Finally she made her way back over to where the group was coalescing. "Can I see the the headband, for a moment?" (If it is handed over, she will use her multitool to snip off the clasp, as she suggested earlier, handing that piece to Tobey and the rest of the band to the lead officer)

She nodded at what Inquisitor revealed from her interrogation. "If you think you can find that hideout, do we want to go take a look? If we move fast, we might be able to snap up anyone else from this gang, before they realize their team isn't coming back."
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey pocketed the clasp and then handed handed the headband to Officer Chambers. "Cosmetic damage from the fight, blame me in your report for being clumsy while removing it. Thank you for everything Officer."

He winked to her, then looked to the others. "I'm ready to go. I think this is what Zee saw in the cards, why she sent me here."
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Grace
Grace Investigation: 1D20+9 => 25
Grace found that the supplies were mostly building materials and foodstuffs - the sort of things refugees might need to rebuild a city, not the sort of thing that a pseudo-military gang might find especially useful, unless they were on their last legs in terms of food. The fact that Blast Master's Regime Remnants did do so meant that that was likely the case. Gotham City proper - that was to say, the ruins of what was once Gotham City - was in a bad state, with dozens of gangs each claiming their own little slice of the old city. The Boys in Blue - the New Gotham Police Department - were pushing a block or so every few weeks, but those blocks usually remained unoccupied until a few weeks after they were liberated from gangs, as the frontline was pushed further back.

She also noticed that one of the downed Regime soldiers had an ID card on him - one marked with the iconic "L" of LexCorp. Something about this struck her as odd, because the Regime Remnants generally loathed Luthor as the Great Betrayer who destroyed the Regime with his betrayal of the High Councilor. An intriguing puzzle, to be sure.

All

Chambers rolled her eyes at the overacting that teens often perform, but nodded gravely. "I'll see to it that this is safely stowed, Prestige. Thank you all for your assistance." She looked at Inquisitor, her expression grave. "I'll report it, but that's deep inside Gotham - the NGPD hasn't penetrated that far yet, so law is somewhat imaginary to those who live there. But thanks. I'll report it to the people that need to know. I think that Commissioner Rush will be pleased to hear that at least one of the gangs occupying Gotham has been handled."

Grace knew that Commissioner Zoey Rush was the Commissioner of the NGPD - an honest and expert coordinator, she helped to coordinate between the NGPD, Harleen's Horde, and the Batfamily, and did so with such precision and skill that some wondered whether she was a supercomputer in disguise.

Chambers turned to look at the group. "You all stay safe now, and keep up the good work."

Inquisitor
As Chambers walked away, Vee's phone buzzed - it was Mr. Freys, the agent in charge of her case.
Awaken

EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vee looks at her cell phone and sighs a little. "Speaking of work...." she steps away from the group a little and answers her phone. "Hello?"
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Inquisitor

"Hello, Miss Riese? Are you safe and well? Things have become quite chaotic here, and I heard the explosions." Freys' voice was concerned, albeit mostly in the manner of someone who's generally concerned for others' safety, rather than personally concerned for a friend or relative's safety.
Awaken