Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
McGuffin

Re: Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice IC

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 1 -> 0
Cnd: Fatigued

"High five, nice hit!" Tobey lifted his hand in celebration to Inquisitor.

When the police officer approached them, he took a bow with a flourish. "Call me Prestige. I'll see about calling down some rain." He hooked his one arm to catch the strange headband he'd extracted in the crook of his elbow as he set about figuring out a suitable incantation to make it rain and hopefully douse the worst of the fires.

He felt wiped out after pushing himself so hard but he took heart in that the fight seemed to be over and they seemed to have come out on top. Speaking of 'them', Tobey cast a quick glance towards the heroes he'd fought beside. Definitely wouldn't hurt to find out their names, chat them up a bit more when they had a moment to breath.
HP to negate the previous Fatigued condition to make way for the new Fatigued condition gained from Power stunting Dousing: Nullify Water-Soluble Effects 4, Broad, Simultaneous, Area 3 • 6 points per rank off of the main casting array.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

"Prestige, huh." The police officer sighed, before blinking at the magician as he invoked rain. Her eyes went to the rest of the heroes. "And who are you two? A Green Lantern and...?" She looked at Inquisitor and Green Lantern.

The sudden torrential downpour made the pink fires sizzle and slowly die down, even as it soaked everyone save Grace (who was outside of its range) through most of their clothing.
Awaken

Injustice: Absolute (Young) Justice OOC IC
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN
HP: 0
Condition: Fatigued, Dazed, 2 Damage

As she floated down back down, Janet let out a strained moan, Blast Master's final attack having pushed through her Ring's defenses. Luckily, the other woman had finally shut the man up with a finishing haymaker.

"Nice swing, blondie," she complimented the stranger before approaching the officer. "I'm a Green Lantern of this space sector," the ring-slinger introduced herself, "and... ugh, really?" Her sentence was interrupted by the sudden change in weather. She raised her ring and a green umbrella formed, hovering in the air between Janet and the police woman. "And that man said the armor he was wearing was based on Rings used by the Yellow Lanterns. I'd like to scan it, see if that's the one thing he spewed that wasn't crazy talk." Rain continued to patter on her construct.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 1 -> 0

Keep smiling, make like you did it on purpose. How else was I supposed to put out a fire anyway?

At the mention of the armor Tobey perked up. "Oh! Speaking of scanning stuff, I lifted this headband thingy from one of mooks, with the help of..." Tobey trailed off, indicating the super strong blond.

"Anyway, seemed like it was effecting her somehow, maybe mindcontrol? I'm not much good with tech, I might be able to put together some kind of tracking spell or something but I couldn't say much else otherwise. But maybe you'd have better luck with your ring?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

Vee shakes her fist as Blast Master drops, maybe not from the impact, but the power of her mind smashing into his through the contact of her fist. Results is results. She sighs and rolls her shoulders as things seem to calm down.
Prestige wrote: "High five, nice hit!" Tobey lifted his hand in celebration to Inquisitor.

"Nice swing, blondie,"
She looks a little taken by the sudden chipper presence and gives up the high five without really thinking about it. "Oh...um, thanks." and was about to respond to the officer until the sudden downfall of water interrupts her attempt to introduce herself, plastering down her long blonde hair. "Ugh....thanks for that...." shakes her arms out to the side to try and fling some excess water off.

With a sigh at how uncomfortable her suit is going to be all wet with wet civvies on top of them and turns to the officer. "I go by Inquisitor. As for the headband thing, my abilities gave me insight to something affecting that one's mind." she gestures to the female Regime operative. "Then I broke, or at least interrupted the effect long enough for her to tell us about the headband under her helmet. I have some telepathic abilities through touch." she explains vaguely.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige
Hp: 0

"Oh right, sorry about that. The fire seems to have gone out already by now."

He hastily dispelled the conjuration, the downpour slowing to a drizzle before winking out completely. The clouds above dispersed, the sky looking like nothing had ever happened with only the rainsoaked street telling a different story.

"Inquisitor, huh? That's a cool name for a badass superhero"
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Janet's ring scanned the armor for several seconds. "Armor is made up of Kryptonian, Terran, and Qwardian technology. It is capable of deflecting blows and firing blasts of energy, and must be recharged by the rays of a yellow sun passed through pink quartz. Further analysis is impossible without dedicated equipment."

The police officer busied herself with the removal of his armor, seeking ways to unlatch it. "I'm Officer Chambers, of the Gotham County Sheriff's Department. Thank you all for your help in rendering these criminals... suitable for justice."
Awaken

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Grace
HP: 0; LP: 1; Condition- Fine

It hadn't taken more than a few seconds for her to zip-tie the hands of the unconscious troopers, and barely longer than that to stow one of their helmets- with a little research it might be possible to trace or monitor their communication frequency if further incidents occurred. But by the time she was done, she could hear the soft drumming of rain beating down on the shell of the truck- and when she popped up to look, sure enough there was a suspiciously localized downpour sluicing down onto the fires from the blaster shots.

She took a moment to skip back a bit further, and retrieve her batarang where it had buried itself in the side of a car and by then, thankfully, the rain had stopped (or rather had BEEN stopped).

In the space of a few moments, she was perched on the roof of a car overlooking the group gathered around Blast Master- close enough for them to notice her, but not so close as to look threatening. She figured it might be a bad idea to antagonize these people...

"I guess the next question is, was HE controlling Her, or was someone else controlling her remotely to cooperate with him? And is he wearing one of those snazzy headbands under that armor?" She paused, letting her presence (and her questions) sink in. There were SO MANY other questions she wanted to ask, in time...
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

"What the-?! Oh, you must be one of his..." Officer Chambers looked up at Grace, a frown furrowing her brow before she broke out into a small smile, one of fond memory. "Mind control's a little out of my depth, but..." She wrestled the helmet off of Blast Master, showing that he had no headband beneath his helmet. "He's got no headband."

Something about this tickled the back of Grace's mind - helmets, headwear, headbands, and other things... but it escaped before she could pin it down entirely. "My gut says that it was something he put on her to control her, but..." Chambers shrugged. "I've got backup coming in soon as they can. If you want to stick around and make a statement, please do, but I know you guys tend not to want to do that sort of thing."
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey spun around on the spot in suprise.
"Batm-! Wait, you're not Batman, you're shorter than him."

His eyes narrowed as it clicked with him.
"Were you the one who took down the mooks in the truck? I thought I saw someone but I lost count during the ruckus." As he talked, Tobey continued idly spinning the headband in one hand.

"Were they all wearing these headbands or just her?" He looked around at the downed mooks, the worry of having fought unwilling attackers clearly writ large on his face.
Last edited by McGuffin on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

GREEN LANTERN

Having completed her scan of Blast Master's armor, Janet turned around and let out a "Jeez!" as she was taken aback by the sudden appearance of Grace. "Who are you? Were... were you here the whole time?" she questioned, not having noticed her presence during the fight. She made four of them; did this many supers always respond to these sort of incidents?

More concerned right now by the alien technology than the mind control, Green Lantern turned back to the police woman and said, "Officer Chambers, I need to find out where this armor came from. I think it should be handed over to me." It was more of a statement than a request, really. If this armor had a connection to the Sinestro Corps, then-as a Green Lantern-it should fall under her jurisdiction , right? Oa might have the equipment she needed to study it, or she could try tracking an energy signature with her Ring.
This is all kind of assuming that Janet knows Qwardian has a connection to Yellow Lanterns, whether from her Ring's database or her Green Lantern Lore. If this isn't the case, or I need to roll to know that, let me know.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Inquisitor (Victoria Riese)
CND: 2 Damage, Fatigued

Vee jumps slightly with sudden Batman-esque appearance of Grace. "And who might you be?"
endwaar wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:50 pm "My gut says that it was something he put on her to control her, but..." Chambers shrugged. "I've got backup coming in soon as they can. If you want to stick around and make a statement, please do, but I know you guys tend not to want to do that sort of thing."
"I was supposed to be meeting someone. Kind of important. They're probably waiting nearby after seeing all this." It could be extrapolated that whoever it was Victoria was supposed to be meeting knows about her super powers and with all this commotion would know where to find her if they were to be meeting nearby, so would either be waiting there for her to get back, or was waiting near by to flag her down once she was away.

Vee just hoped the guy wasn't going to chew her out for engaging without waiting for clearance or something. He did work for mister Wayne after all.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey shrugged when no one seemed to take him up on the headband thing and simply slipped it out of sight within his tux. Least I got a souvenir. 'Sides, I can try for that tracking spell later.

"I'm sure saving people and kicking badguy butt gets you a free pass, right?"" He looked around at the other heroes.

"Hey, I know we should probably clear out of here and most of you seem to have your own things you wanna be doing but should we maybe go somewhere and compare notes to try and figure this out? I mean, call me crazy and I know we all just ran into each other but I think maybe especially because of that it should be pointed out: we did good here, together. It'd be a shame to throw away something promising like that, ya know?"
endwaar

Post by endwaar »

Chambers looked at Janet, arching a brow. "I'd like to do that, Lantern, but after what one of you pulled with Congress..." That was her mentor's fault, but Janet still remembered the time he went to essentially browbeat Congress into doing what Superman wanted, way back in the first year of the Regime. "I don't know if I can without getting hit with more flak than I can afford."

Abruptly, she shot a glance at Prestige. "That also means that I need to ask you to turn over the headband." She grimaced. "If you think you can find who's behind it, please do, but... do it here, ideally without tampering with it. They'll have my head if I let you guys do too much." She rolled her eyes. "I was on the force way back before the Regime, and Shotgun..." Chambers stopped, taking a sharp breath in and out, "Shotgun and I worked with Robin sometimes."

Well, that explained why she was being so sympathetic towards the costumed metahumans.
Awaken

McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Prestige

Tobey sheepishly produced the headband. "Last chance for the techminded among you to have a look. I can try for a tracking spell but I'd have to juryrig the ritual for it, I'm too beat from this fight to brute force the spell."

His tone softened as he waited for the others to answer yay or nay. "Thanks for helping us out Officer Chambers, I appreciate you sticking your neck out for us as is, already. Anything ever comes, don't hesitate to call, okay?"

"...As soon as I get a phone. You know, I'll get back to you on that. Stupid magic dimensions and their no cell service."
Last edited by McGuffin on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.